PDA

View Full Version : Frito Chili Pie!

OldNavy
10-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I may not have long left on this earth, because I just ate one, with my wife's home made chili, salsa con queso and of course Fritos. Anything that good must be bad for you! They don't have Frito pies at the football games I have been to here in Florida. My question is where have you had the best Frito Chili Pie? With the little time I have left, I want to go there and have one.:thumbsup:

MGAR
10-20-2011, 10:32 AM
I may not have long left on this earth, because I just ate one, with my wife's home made chili, salsa con queso and of course Fritos. Anything that good must be bad for you! They don't have Frito pies at the football games I have been to here in Florida. My question is where have you had the best Frito Chili Pie? With the little time I have left, I want to go there and have one.:thumbsup:

I was about to say something about it being 10:50AM until I looked at your location.

I'm only good for chilli about once every two months.

1st and goal
10-20-2011, 10:41 AM
I love 'em too but I gotta take a pill before I eat chili. My cast iron stomach has a leak somewhere I guess.

Beats the heck outta crappy nacho cheese from a gallon can.

OldNavy
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
I was about to say something about it being 10:50AM until I looked at your location.

I'm only good for chilli about once every two months.

LOL, I like most every kind of food, but chili is about the only food I ever crave. Maybe cumin is adicting. I went on the internet and found dozens of ways to make chili pie. Will have to try a bunch of them. Haven't had a bad one yet, but home made chili sure beats Wolf Brand or Hormels and I like them too.

Gsquared
10-20-2011, 11:00 AM
LOL, I like most every kind of food, but chili is about the only food I ever crave. Maybe cumin is adicting. I went on the internet and found dozens of ways to make chili pie. Will have to try a bunch of them. Haven't had a bad one yet, but home made chili sure beats Wolf Brand or Hormels and I like them too.
God, I sure wish they would change the spelling of that spice to Q-min. Its current spelling is subject to getting me banned from the 3ADL. The wheels are spinning but I aint gonna say anything.

nobogey72
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
God, I sure wish they would change the spelling of that spice to Q-min. Its current spelling is subject to getting me banned from the 3ADL. The wheels are spinning but I aint gonna say anything.

I understand. And to say "it's addictive" is quite the understatement. I better stop. There are endless possibilities.

OldNavy
10-20-2011, 11:10 AM

Just returned fromt he spice rack after confirming I'm not introuble. I spelled it right!

OldNavy
10-20-2011, 11:15 AM

Now, that I am over fear of being banned, I know you are more of a nacho expert, but in your travels where have you found the best FCP?

ExScoop
10-20-2011, 11:17 AM
My wife uses cumin tool-We also use tomato paste

Gsquared
10-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Now, that I am over fear of being banned, I know you are more of a nacho expert, but in your travels where have you found the best FCP?
Well, just about all the concession stand food is better in Newton. OMG, id take a date to that concession stand, So no Frito Pies at the games in Florida? They got shrimp and oysters instead?

Gsquared
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
My wife uses cumin tool-We also use tomato paste
After further debate, I better edit my response.

OldNavy
10-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, just about all the concession stand food is better in Newton. OMG, id take a date to that concession stand, So no Frito Pies at the games in Florida? They got shrimp and oysters instead?

In Florida, so far all I've seen is drinks, chips, burgers, dogs and metamucil.

Gsquared
10-20-2011, 11:33 AM
If Florida, so far all I've seen is drinks, chips, burgers, dogs and metamucil.
Well, next time your back in the Lone Star State, do yourself a favor and go see a game in Newton. Good stuff.

bigwood33
10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I would have to say that the best FCP I have ever had was at Lohn TX. Lohn is a 6 man school north of Brady. They used to have "wild game" at some of their football and basketball games. The chili was home made deer chili. It was fantastic!

Gsquared
10-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I would have to say that the best FCP I have ever had was at Lohn TX. Lohn is a 6 man school north of Brady. They used to have "wild game" at some of their football and basketball games. The chili was home made deer chili. It was fantastic!
Oh man, I think we have a winner!!!!!!!!!

OldNavy
10-20-2011, 12:18 PM

Now you're talking! That does sound great, but would a date like it? (New G2 criteria, would you take a date there?)

Matthew328
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Now you're talking! That does sound great, but would a date like it? (New G2 criteria, would you take a date there?)
The best one I've had is in the pressbox at Shotwell Stadum...I think they sprinkle some crack in the queso

bigwood33
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Only if your date likes to hunt too because I promise you, that is the only reason to be in the area! :)

1st and goal
10-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Maybe G2's date would like some crack. Take her to Shotwell... I'm on the way too...jk

StangEm
10-20-2011, 02:32 PM

naughty

LionFan72
10-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Crack, cumin, what next?