PDA

View Full Version : Decisions decsions

Gsquared
10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Three games I want to see next week
Wimberley vs Geranimo Navarro (Wimberley is the only team in the AP Top 10 I have not seen this year, well, after seeing Henderson this Friday)

Henderson vs Gilmer (Leaning towards this one)

New Boston vs Daingerfield.

Saggy Aggie
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Henderson vs Gilmer with Turner healthy, I've would've chosen this one no doubt but now I'm not so sure

MGAR
10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
with Turner healthy, I've would've chosen this one no doubt but now I'm not so sure

Traylor will do a good job.

Some would even say that with Turner being out that specials teams would suffer more than the offense. Hard to believe but I can agree with that thinking.

Bullaholic
10-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Wimberley vs Geranimo Navarro (Wimberley is the only team in the AP Top 10 I have not seen this year, well, after seeing Henderson this Friday)

Man, how you have fallen on hard times, G2....whatever happened to the days where you just took the best offer? :D

SHSBulldog00
10-19-2011, 01:32 PM

Toss a coin in the air and run into a wall.

Gsquared
10-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Man, how you have fallen on hard times, G2....whatever happened to the days where you just took the best offer? :D
Aint that the truth Bull, the offers just quit comin in!

waterboy
10-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Traylor will do a good job.

Some would even say that with Turner being out that specials teams would suffer more than the offense. Hard to believe but I can agree with that thinking.
There could actually be some truth to that. I think the offense will look a lot different with Traylor in as QB, but the production won't drop off as much as some people think. The offense will be plenty good enough. Don't get me wrong, we will definitely miss Luke's leadership and field presence, but the numbers he put up "can" be recovered elsewhere. Luke was the Punter and did kickoffs and was very productive at both. He could definitely tilt the field with his booming punts, and keep the opponent pinned deep in their own territory. I think his backup will be adequate, he just won't have as good a leg, making that a big question mark in my mind.

By the way, there's a very real possibility that both of these teams will be 8-0 (3-0) going into that game. I think Carthage is good enough to beat Henderson this week with a break or two, but without those breaks I think Henderson will pull it out.

MGAR
10-19-2011, 01:47 PM
There could actually be some truth to that. I think the offense will look a lot different with Traylor in as QB, but the production won't drop off as much as some people think. The offense will be plenty good enough. Don't get me wrong, we will definitely miss Luke's leadership and field presence, but the numbers he put up "can" be recovered elsewhere. Luke was the Punter and did kickoffs and was very productive at both. He could definitely tilt the field with his booming punts, and keep the opponent pinned deep in their own territory. I think his backup will be adequate, he just won't have as good a leg, making that a big question mark in my mind.

By the way, there's a very real possibility that both of these teams will be 8-0 (3-0) going into that game. I think Carthage is good enough to beat Henderson this week with a break or two, but without those breaks I think Henderson will pull it out.

I have a hard time seeing that... Traylor is a big boy also. I still see Gilmer running with the QB like they did when Turner was back there. If that makes sense.

waterboy
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I have a hard time seeing that... Traylor is a big boy also. I still see Gilmer running with the QB like they did when Turner was back there. If that makes sense.
He will run, I just don't think he will run as much. I think they will bring Josh Walker over on offense to have a big bruiser type of back to offset some of the tough yards that Luke could get. I think there will be more platooning in the backfield than there has been, at least until they find the right combination of players. I think Jordan Traylor will be up for the challenge.

trojandad
10-19-2011, 04:13 PM
while id completely understand seeing wimberley if you havent yet, we do play huffman a week from friday.....

im trying to decide who to see thats close to college station this friday on our bye week (as i got out of county fair duties until saturday).....

Ernest T Bass
10-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Wimberly. It's the farthest from me!