10-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Source inside the district told me

Jones
Furr
Scarborough
Wheatley
Kashmere
Worthing

Will all have 3A numbers and will not check the box.....

Gsquared
10-18-2011, 06:16 AM

Jones
Furr
Scarborough
Wheatley
Kashmere
Worthing

A funny playoff matchup would be Kashmere vs Argyle

Dub-C
10-18-2011, 06:31 AM

Kashmere has some athletes that are not well coached or well displined, if they were well coached and so forth I would say they would be good.
It's sad since, their QB is the best QB I have seen all season he is great passer and excellent runner, they also have a very good receiver. Their team speed is fast also, with alot of size to boot.

'Necks 2013-14
10-18-2011, 07:00 AM
I agree with you Dub....mostly. The Wiltz kid @ QB is very elusive and that receiver could start for ANY highschool team. What really surprised me was the fact that they NEVER quit and that is a rare quality not often associated with an "inner city" school. As far as being undisciplined I would have to disagree. Unless I missed something, I didn't see anything of that nature from the Rams. And I also credit their coaching staff for making adjustments at halftime and making the game uncomfortably close. I think they may surprise some folks.
Kashmere has some athletes that are not well coached or well displined, if they were well coached and so forth I would say they would be good.
It's sad since, their QB is the best QB I have seen all season he is great passer and excellent runner, they also have a very good receiver. Their team speed is fast also, with alot of size to boot.

SHSBulldog00
10-18-2011, 07:57 AM

Jones
Furr
Scarborough
Wheatley
Kashmere
Worthing

So now the question begs is this La Marque's new District or is the UIL not wanting a 7 team District?

JustAFan
10-18-2011, 07:59 AM

G2 how can you be so quick at 6:16 AM??? :clap:

Leopard4Life
10-18-2011, 08:02 AM

I know it's early, but that's the funniest thing I've read all day. Made me laugh out loud.

Bosqueville
10-18-2011, 08:11 AM

:clap:

R4Editor
10-18-2011, 08:16 AM
They will be a Region 3 District.

As far as La Marque goes they could join due to travel, or be placed with the current District 29, in what would become either District 24 or 25.

Saggy Aggie
10-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Wonder how this will affect LM and the region 3/4 split. Wonder if WC and that bunch are staying reg 3, or will they all go reg 4? Hmm

R4Editor
10-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Wonder how this will affect LM and the region 3/4 split. Wonder if WC and that bunch are staying reg 3, or will they all go reg 4? Hmm

District 29 has been Region 4 for awhile. But could return to Region 3.

Bull's-eye
10-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Those teams don't scare me in football, but basketball could be a different story.

SHSBulldog00
10-18-2011, 08:27 AM
So where does Wheatley go? They are the only school in their district with a 4A enrollment.

Matthew328
10-18-2011, 08:35 AM
LaMarque I think will be in Reg 4.....I would imagine HISD just has one 4A district so Wheatley just gets absorbed into the district with Yates, Washington, Sharpstown etc

OldNavy
10-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Those teams don't scare me in football, but basketball could be a different story.

What is Basketball?:vrycnfsd:

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
So where does Wheatley go? They are the only school in their district with a 4A enrollment.

I was just about to ask that question. Wheatley had an enrollment I believe around 1200 last reallignment. Did they lose that many students?

Roughneck93
10-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Those teams don't scare me in football, but basketball could be a different story.:iagree: This district has been traditionally bad in football although Kashmere has shown it can play some ball. This year at least. LaMarque joining them would spice it up some.

Manso/V8
10-18-2011, 12:46 PM
What is Basketball?:vrycnfsd:

A minor sport as uninteresting as baseball, but you have to have some athletic ability to play basketball.

Roughneck93
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Forgot about Stafford. They could possibly join this district as well.

SHSBulldog00
10-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Jones
Furr
Scarborough
Wheatley
Kashmere
Worthing

Add Washington

as ALL of 22-4A will move to 3A

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Add Washington

as ALL of 22-4A will move to 3A So how will this addition of teams to 3A affect the cutoff numbers? raise the top of 3a?

NastySlot
10-21-2011, 09:48 AM
So how will this addition of teams to 3A affect the cutoff numbers? raise the top of 3a?

i got a mock realignment the other day.. the bottom of 4a at 1035.

SHSBulldog00
10-21-2011, 10:01 AM
i got a mock realignment the other day.. the bottom of 4a at 1035.

What was your basement for 3A?

NastySlot
10-21-2011, 11:55 AM
What was your basement for 3A?

oh no it wasn't a mock I put together...it was sent to me. A buddy of mine is a subscriber to a service that put it out...I asked about 3A. The provider of the the mock alignment only had 5a and 4a ....not enough numbers for 3a.............sorry.

he had also a few weeks ago sent me a mock alignment for two divisions in 3a...........if it was close accurate... we don't want that kind of travel and i'll bet isd's don't want that type of travel..............one district had Lampassas and Navasota in a district....that is crazy.

SHSBulldog00
10-21-2011, 12:50 PM
oh no it wasn't a mock I put together...it was sent to me. A buddy of mine is a subscriber to a service that put it out...I asked about 3A. The provider of the the mock alignment only had 5a and 4a ....not enough numbers for 3a.............sorry.

he had also a few weeks ago sent me a mock alignment for two divisions in 3a...........if it was close accurate... we don't want that kind of travel and i'll bet isd's don't want that type of travel..............one district had Lampassas and Navasota in a district....that is crazy.

If you still have it could you PM it to me?

FrmSTx
10-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I would think stafford would be put in that district

SHSBulldog00
10-21-2011, 02:54 PM
I would think stafford would be put in that district

Stafford with HISD District would make the most sense.

cotulla
10-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I don't think that travel is a concern with UIL for split divisions... the 2A schools have figured out that you are flipping your long travel with your non-district and your district. If Lampasas and Navasota are in district together, then they are able to find real close non-district games. example - Lampasas vs. Burnet or Navasota vs. Caldwell in non-district. 2A Ad's have told me that they have seen very little increase in total travel budget... what you miss out on is your long standing-district rivalry's. Sounds like a UT/ATM argument!

NastySlot
10-24-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't think that travel is a concern with UIL for split divisions... the 2A schools have figured out that you are flipping your long travel with your non-district and your district. If Lampasas and Navasota are in district together, then they are able to find real close non-district games. example - Lampasas vs. Burnet or Navasota vs. Caldwell in non-district. 2A Ad's have told me that they have seen very little increase in total travel budget... what you miss out on is your long standing-district rivalry's. Sounds like a UT/ATM argument!

yes.....someone finally sees my answer to why the uil could actually have a 6a..........if the small schools have figured it out so could the larger ones.................I have thought and said this for a long time.

ExScoop
10-24-2011, 01:07 PM
I can't see putting Stafford with Houston ISD schools

Then there would be a 4 team district with Royal, Sealy, Bellville and Columbus

Matthew328
10-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Houston KIPP may get stuck with HISD

bigwood33
10-24-2011, 03:57 PM
So how will this addition of teams to 3A affect the cutoff numbers? raise the top of 3a?
No, in fact just the opposite. Remember, 4A WILL have 240+/- a few. If six 4A teams go down, then 6 spots will have to be filled to get them back to about 240. Matt could tell us where he thinks the "new schools" will land (5A, 4A, etc) and how many. That will allow us to make some educated guesses. If those 6 schools stay where they belong, and the likes of Springtown, La Marque, etc that turned in what is a current 3A number, it may be that the number stays the same or possibly even go down. I know that there is some leakage at the bottom of 3A also with 4 or 5 current 3A schools, just in my local area, turning in what are current 2A numbers. If there aren't an equal number of 2A's coming up, that could push the top of 3A down even more.
One thing you can count on, there will be some disappointed folks when the dust settles...there always are.
Oh, I will also predict that the bottom of 4A will be no higher than 1000 and probably lower than that so any projections that say the top of 3A will be over 1000 are just pulling peoples legs.