PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 WEEK 8 GOTW Sweetwater @ Snyder

GrTigers6
10-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Can the Mustangs pull off the upset and really shake up District 5-3A or will the Tigers continue to roll?

DaHop72
10-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Can the Mustangs pull off the upset and really shake up District 5-3A or will the Tigers continue to roll?Tigers roll!!!!!!

Technoredneck
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM
The Tiger's will roll!!!!!

SintonFan
10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Tiger's Roll!!!

Old LB
10-18-2011, 10:57 AM
I think Snyder wins this one, but the first team that has the ability to contain Ward will beat Snyder. Without him they are an average team.

hollywood
10-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Just for kicks, Sourwater with a last minute score to win and shock the Tigres.

But, Snyder should roll in this one.

TheDOCTORdre
10-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Snyder gets rolled

Phantom Stang
10-18-2011, 02:01 PM
I voted for.... Sweetwater of course!!

NEVER SAY DIE!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
10-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Huge clash looming in Sweetwater

On the surface, it was merely a 28-6 victory over a winless Big Spring team.

But for third-year Sweetwater coach Craig Slaughter, the "W" earned by his Mustangs last week was far more meaningful.

To begin with, it ended a frustrating three-game losing skid that included narrow misses against Midland Greenwood (28-26) and Wylie (20-15).

More importantly, it now moves the Mustangs (4-4, 1-1 District 5-3A) into a solid position to challenge for a postseason berth. If Sweetwater upsets Snyder (7-1, 1-0) or Brownwood (5-3, 1-1) over the next two weeks, you could very well see the Mustangs playing in mid-November.

Slaughter's crew will be a heavy underdog in the first encounter, but a win over Brownwood wouldn't qualify as a major shocker.

It can happen — especially if the Mustang Bowl is rockin' on a night when Sweetwater is fighting for its playoff life.

Mark it down: Brownwood at Sweetwater on Oct. 28 — should be a dandy.

"One win would put us in a tie-breaking scenario, then it would come down to points," Slaughter said. "But it's been a really good feeling watching film this late in the season and knowing that we're still playing for a playoff spot.

"We're not just playing out the string, and that's fun because you can still control your own destiny."

SNYDER "D" AMONG AREA'S BEST

Lost in the haze of the Keenon Ward media blitz, is the fact that the Snyder Tigers have developed a quality defense.

In fact, we shouldn't have been surprised by Friday's effort, which saw coach Chad Rogers' team limit Brownwood to a little more than 50 yards in the second half of a 28-14 win.

To date, the Tigers and their kamikaze blitzing tactics have held the opposition to roughly 14 points per game and have limited five of seven opponents to 14 points or less.

"We knew our defensive line would be talented and our linebackers are still coming around," Rogers said. "But I still don't think we've played a complete game on defense."

Friday's win clearly meant a lot to Rogers, who was concerned about the difficult environment presented for visiting teams at Gordon Wood Stadium.

"There's still a lot of games to be played, but we're pretty excited about being able to go into Brownwood and win," Rogers said. "It's a big win for us and I believe it's the first time Snyder has ever won there. In that stadium in that atmosphere, it's a big win."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/oct/17/bc-notebook-huge-clash-looming-in-sweetwater/

garciap77
10-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I might just make this game! Looks like a great game in the making!

buff4ever
10-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Snyder rolls, I think the sweetwater peeps know it, or this thread would be blowed up more.

Black_Magic
10-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Snyder rolls, I think the sweetwater peeps know it, or this thread would be blowed up more. congrats to Snyder Frosh and JV on the victory over Sweetwater last night.. Fastest Frosh game I have ever been too! 58 seconds rolled off the clock one time from one tackle to the next tackle on the next play. Game started at 5 and they started the 4th quarter at 6..

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
congrats to Snyder Frosh and JV on the victory over Sweetwater last night.. Fastest Frosh game I have ever been too! 58 seconds rolled off the clock one time from one tackle to the next tackle on the next play. Game started at 5 and they started the 4th quarter at 6..

Congrats. But, that's not surprising. Our most talented freshmen and sophomores were on the field last week against Big Spring. They'll be there tonight against Snyder too. Look for two freshmen and two sophomores on defense. You'll be seeing them for years to come. :thumbsup:

Black_Magic
10-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Congrats. But, that's not surprising. Our most talented freshmen and sophomores were on the field last week against Big Spring. They'll be there tonight against Snyder too. Look for two freshmen and two sophomores on defense. You'll be seeing them for years to come. :thumbsup: yeah . we have 4 sophmores starting our self.

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2011, 10:35 AM
yeah . we have 4 sophmores starting our self.

Nice. I guess I'll need to buy a program tonight. So, I can get familiar with their names and positions now.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-21-2011, 11:58 AM
This has to be the quietest, most boring Snyder/sweetwater thread ever....what's the deal?

Can Sweetwater stop the Snyder run game? Their defense is suppose to be pretty good this year, from what I hear. I don't think they can stop the run, but we'll see. We might sneak a pass in there every now and then too. Passing game is not what it was last year, kind of disappointed there. But they make up for it on defense. Snyder's defense is fun to watch. Get'em Tigers!

Surprised to see that Sweetwater passes as much as they do. Very unusual from a sweetwater team. We'll see how it works out for them tonight.

GrTigers6
10-21-2011, 12:04 PM
This has to be the quietest, most boring Snyder/sweetwater thread ever....what's the deal?

Can Sweetwater stop the Snyder run game? Their defense is suppose to be pretty good this year, from what I hear. I don't think they can stop the run, but we'll see. We might sneak a pass in there every now and then too. Passing game is not what it was last year, kind of disappointed there. But they make up for it on defense. Snyder's defense is fun to watch. Get'em Tigers!

Surprised to see that Sweetwater passes as much as they do. Very unusual from a sweetwater team. We'll see how it works out for them tonight.I agree Where are all the name calling, rule breaking, Die hard fans?:D

garciap77
10-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree Where are all the name calling, rule breaking, Die hard fans?:D

It's all :inlove:

Black_Magic
10-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Snyder 49 - Sweetwater 20:crazy:

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Snyder 49 - Sweetwater 20:crazy:

That's okay. Ward will be graduating soon and then what? I noticed you have three QBs on the varsity roster and they're all seniors. That's not good. :devil:

Black_Magic
10-21-2011, 10:38 PM
You have more sr starters than we do. dont talk smack. we were nice to you despite beating you on all the levels.. I dont know why you think things will be any different next year. all our backs are back except for ward...

LionFan72
10-21-2011, 11:39 PM
You have more sr starters than we do. dont talk smack. we were nice to you despite beating you on all the levels.. I dont know why you think things will be any different next year. all our backs are back except for ward...

I may have a short memory, but the only back you have is Ward! And a pretty good defense!

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2011, 12:07 AM
I dont know why you think things will be any different next year. all our backs are back except for ward...

Wow. :doh:

Yeah, whatever you say coach.

Black_Magic
10-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Wow. :doh:

Yeah, whatever you say coach.I dont see why you think your going to be better next year. Yep we will lose ward but I guess you dont remember the other two backs . One went 68 yard TD on the first play and had over 100 last night and the other went for over 60 with 70 yards rec..... those guys are back ya know..