PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 8 GotW: Bellville @ Sealy

sTxforlife
10-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Might as well get it started. Biggest game of the year by far for both teams. Sealy comes in 6-2 coming off a 52-27 win over Columbus while Bellville comes in 7-0 coming off a bye week with their last win being 42-0 over Columbus as well. This should be a great game, both teams will bring their A game for sure. Sealy has one the past 3 meetings. Who ya got???

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Wish I could make it-Have to go to Yorktown at Louise game

Bull's-eye
10-15-2011, 12:39 PM
I went to the Sealy/Columbus game, the Tigers easily won that game & the final score wasn't a true indication of the game. The Sealy offense easily dominated the Columbus defense. The Cardinal defense had no answer for #4, he seemed to pick up first downs when ever he wanted. I believe Sealy only had to punt one time and that was late in the game. Columbus did have some success on offense, but would always stall a good drive by throwing an errant pass or trying some trick play. Sealy's defense doesn't appear to have a lot of size, Columbus took advantage by running #3, I believe he went for about 200 yards. Not sure why Columbus would keep going away from their ground game when they were having succuss?

Bellville will have to do their best to "slow down" Seals-Jones & try to limit the running of #25. I think Bellville will attack the the Tiger defense with their running game, hopefully with some long sustained drives to keep the potent Sealy offense off the field. Both teams have been scoring a lot of points, gotta expect this will be some kind of a shoot-out. Seals-Jones is very good & can single-handily keep his team in any game.

Manso/V8
10-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Might as well get it started. Biggest game of the year by far for both teams. Sealy comes in 6-2 coming off a 52-27 win over Columbus while Bellville comes in 7-0 coming off a bye week with their last win being 42-0 over Columbus as well. This should be a great game, both teams will bring their A game for sure. Sealy has one the past 3 meetings. Who ya got???

sTx, First step out there and tell us.......Who ya got??? No really, how do you think this one is gonna turn out?

How bout this thread, are we gonna see a lot of smack talk, or is it just gonna be calm, friendly, neighborly analysis and discussion? Generations deep rivalry game, likely the district championship on the line, playing in Tiger stadium, well coached teams, speed and athleticism on both teams, elite athletes, former Sealy coach now the OC at Bellville.....this has got to be GOTW in Region III!

sTxforlife
10-15-2011, 02:11 PM
sTx, First step out there and tell us.......Who ya got??? No really, how do you think this one is gonna turn out?

How bout this thread, are we gonna see a lot of smack talk, or is it just gonna be calm, friendly, neighborly analysis and discussion? Generations deep rivalry game, likely the district championship on the line, playing in Tiger stadium, well coached teams, speed and athleticism on both teams, elite athletes, former Sealy coach now the OC at Bellville.....this has got to be GOTW in Region III!
Im goin with my tigers in this one, I believe that Seals Jones and Davis will take over this game and will just be too much for the Bellville defense. Bellville does have a size advantage on us but i believe that our speed will be too much for them. I think it will be a good, hard fought game, but that just comes with the territory because this rivalry game always is.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-15-2011, 03:12 PM
I went to the Sealy/Columbus game, the Tigers easily won that game & the final score wasn't a true indication of the game. The Sealy offense easily dominated the Columbus defense. The Cardinal defense had no answer for #4, he seemed to pick up first downs when ever he wanted. I believe Sealy only had to punt one time and that was late in the game. Columbus did have some success on offense, but would always stall a good drive by throwing an errant pass or trying some trick play. Sealy's defense doesn't appear to have a lot of size, Columbus took advantage by running #3, I believe he went for about 200 yards. Not sure why Columbus would keep going away from their ground game when they were having succuss?

Bellville will have to do their best to "slow down" Seals-Jones & try to limit the running of #25. I think Bellville will attack the the Tiger defense with their running game, hopefully with some long sustained drives to keep the potent Sealy offense off the field. Both teams have been scoring a lot of points, gotta expect this will be some kind of a shoot-out. Seals-Jones is very good & can single-handily keep his team in any game.

Looked like Columbus had 8 players out, someone in the columbus stands said that 7 of them were starters?

Football DAD
10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
I also went to the game on Friday. But what I saw was a lot of missed tackles by Columbus in the back field. Columbus numberous occasions to tackle the QB and or #25 in the back field but couldn't get the tackle. Tackling will be a key for Bellville's defense.

hookandladder
10-15-2011, 05:51 PM
I also went to the game on Friday. But what I saw was a lot of missed tackles by Columbus in the back field. Columbus numberous occasions to tackle the QB and or #25 in the back field but couldn't get the tackle. Tackling will be a key for Bellville's defense.

The missed tackles are because they ( SJ & Davis) are just that hard to put a lick on, they run hard and have great ability to make you miss tackles look bad. You stop them two and you win, not an easy task.

Tiger Dad
10-15-2011, 05:56 PM
I was going to say the same thing. Those are broken tackles. One person very rarely brings either of those guys down. This will be a great game. What should the over and under be ? My guess 70.

YTBulldogs
10-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Bellville will control the clock, and the "D" will limit the big plays and win 28-21. Keep'on keeping on!!!

Not sure getting in a shoot out with the Tigers is a good idea.

Football DAD
10-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Broken tackles is subjective. Depending on who's watching the game.

gambler1606
10-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Points of Interest! Sealy been on top of the district for 3 years, Bellville is just coming back after taking a year or 2 off from the spotlight.
Games in Tiger Stadium. Everyone talks about Seals Jones and Davis. They still have Bonner, Brown, Simpson, Cardell, Vertiel, Chatman, Lake, Burtchell, Redding, Pratt and the list goes on and on. So don't think if you stop Seals Jones and Davis your gonna win. Sealy has a lot of weapons. I have seen them 1st hand, when they played Wimberly. My pick Sealy 33 Bellville 21

P.S. Bellville you know that Tiger Stadium is haunted!!!

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 10:42 PM
I know my buddie Chad Ferguson from the Banner Press newspaper will be covering this game-The newspaper covers three counties -Fayette, Austin and Colorado.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Most people view this game on whether Bellville can stop or slow down the Sealy offense. Are they forgetting that Bellville is averaging over 400 yards per game? With over 325 yards coming on the ground? Sealy just recently gave up 494 total yards to Stafford, with one of their backs going for 215 yards on 15 carries. The Columbus runner was just shy of 200 yds & Henshaw (Canyon Lake) went for 297. Maybe, we should ask if Sealy's defense can stop or slow down the Bellville offense?

Sportshack
10-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Most people view this game on whether Bellville can stop or slow down the Sealy offense. Are they forgetting that Bellville is averaging over 400 yards per game? With over 325 yards coming on the ground? Sealy just recently gave up 494 total yards to Stafford, with one of their backs going for 215 yards on 15 carries. The Columbus runner was just shy of 200 yds & Henshaw (Canyon Lake) went for 297. Maybe, we should ask if Sealy's defense can stop or slow down the Bellville offense?

Now that is a good post!!! Sealy seems vulnerable to the run! However, make no mistake about it...Sealy is tough to stop...especially late in halves. One mostly must outscore them. All about match ups.

Manso/V8
10-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Im goin with my tigers in this one, I believe that Seals Jones and Davis will take over this game and will just be too much for the Bellville defense. Bellville does have a size advantage on us but i believe that our speed will be too much for them. I think it will be a good, hard fought game, but that just comes with the territory because this rivalry game always is.

Evidently most people think the only important point about this game is if Bellville can stop Seals-Jones and Davis.
Can you please change the name of this thread to Bellville v. Seals-Jones/Davis?

regaleagle
10-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Sounds to me like that's about the size of it, even though we all know that really isn't true at all. Still, when I'm picking in a close game like this, I tend to go with the team with the outstanding runner or qb. The ones that can control the pace of the game, the clock, the ball. Of course, I 've never seen either team play, only read articles here, and looked at the won/loss records and schedules of each team. Sometimes, when a team has a great defense, like a Van, then I may go with that to determine the probable winner. In this particular game, I guess I'm gonna revert to the Seals-Jones/Davis offensive ball control aspect and pick Sealy to squeak by Bellville. Probably wrong on this one, according to others, but going with gut football instinct this time of year in a big game. Good Luck to both teams, as I have no dawg in this fight, and it is out of our region. Just an observer that follows the games all over the state.

hookandladder
10-16-2011, 08:51 AM
We have played what I would consider the best 4 teams in our area Region wise, Sealy,Bellville,Navasota and Giddings. All teams have their strenghts and weakness but are very talented however without a doubt Seals-Jones is the most gifted athlete I have seen, So I do feel Bellville is capable of playing with and possible beating Sealy but I will have to go with Sealy at home. Two things that could play into the outcome of this game are how much SJ plays on defense and the sometimes questionable play calling from Sealy coach on offense, this is just my armchair opinion. Should be a great game, Good Luck to both teams.

gambler1606
10-16-2011, 10:34 AM
All this talk about Sealy/Bellville, everybody better be worried about "Americas Team" The Mighty Brookshire Royal Falcons!!

gambler1606
10-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Two things that could play into the outcome of this game are how much SJ plays on defense and the sometimes questionable play calling from Sealy coach on offense
Tell me why would how much Seals Jones plays on D would affect the game? And!!! Does the Bellville Coaches call a perfect game on Offense? Just curious Hook??? Don't forget about "Americas Team" The Mighty Falcons from Brookshire Texas

Pudlugger
10-16-2011, 10:49 AM
SJ and Davis are game breakers for sure. Stop them and game over for the Tigers. Bellville's defense is the stoutest the Leps have encountered this year and the Leps have played against five of the top teams in South central Texas: Columbia; Sealy; Bellville; Giddings and Navasota. If any team can stop the Sealy offense in D24 it is Bellville. Defense wins championships and Bellville has the grit to get it done. Bellville by 14.

BRfalconfan
10-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Bellville rolls

The Bull #40
10-16-2011, 03:02 PM
I've been waiting for this game all season and I hate to say it but I think it's gonna be a close one that is decided in the last few seconds of the game. I haven't seen Sealy play this year but I do know Sealy's playmakers are legit(and from experience are hard to catch and even harder to wrap up), but Bellville's defense is playing lights out this year with an average points allowed well under 10 ppg. Bellville's offense is another bright spot that I think Sealy is overlooking because they're so enamored by Seals-Jones and Davis, but who on the Sealy defense is up to the task of stopping the smashmouth running game of the Brahmas? All of this being said, I think the determining factor of this game that EVERYONE is overlooking is who makes less mistakes in the special teams game. When two teams are as evenly matched as these two, special teams can win or lose the game in one play. So, I'm going for my Brahmas without a doubt but I think this game is up for grabs and whoever wins the special teams battle gets this win.

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose."

ExScoop
10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Do any Bellville fans remember a player from the late 1960s with the last name of Burleson-i think his first name was Jim-Not sure_He was an assistant coach at East Bernard when I went to high school there back in the early 70s-He was a strict but fair coach

duckhunter
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Do any Bellville fans remember a player from the late 1960s with the last name of Burleson-i think his first name was Jim-Not sure_He was an assistant coach at East Bernard when I went to high school there back in the early 70s-He was a strict but fair coach

please stop posting just to post. you're like a woman talking just to hear herself talk

Dub-C
10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
SJ and Davis are game breakers for sure. Stop them and game over for the Tigers. Bellville's defense is the stoutest the Leps have encountered this year and the Leps have played against five of the top teams in South central Texas: Columbia; Sealy; Bellville; Giddings and Navasota. If any team can stop the Sealy offense in D24 it is Bellville. Defense wins championships and Bellville has the grit to get it done. Bellville by 14.

Did La Grange score against WC? Did La Grange score against Bellville? smh.

pirate4state
10-16-2011, 11:40 PM
All this talk about Sealy/Bellville, everybody better be worried about "Americas Team" The Mighty Brookshire Royal Falcons!!

Lol imagine that? Discussing the two teams this thread is about. Shocker! :o

Good luck to the Mitchell brothers and may the best team win.

ExScoop
10-17-2011, 07:23 AM
I;m not posting just to post-Keep your own opinion to yourself

hookandladder
10-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Two things that could play into the outcome of this game are how much SJ plays on defense and the sometimes questionable play calling from Sealy coach on offense
Tell me why would how much Seals Jones plays on D would affect the game? And!!! Does the Bellville Coaches call a perfect game on Offense? Just curious Hook??? Don't forget about "Americas Team" The Mighty Falcons from Brookshire Texas

I think SJ on defense makes Sealy's D much better, he can run anybody down and also is very hard to block and makes plays. As far as play calling , it just seems at times when they could just run the ball down your throat and all of the sudden they go way from it and start passing. Do not know much about the Falcons this year but I would say you guys are playing for the 3rd spot, Bellville and Sealy top dogs.

Stats
10-17-2011, 07:38 AM

ExScoop, I think you are talking about Ed Burleson. He graduated from BHS in 1966 and played
mostly DB for Bellville. He coached for many years in the Houston area. I think he is now retired. He was a tough son of a gun.

OLE'BULL
10-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Welp, biggest week of the regular season is here for the Brahmas. Hopefully we didn't have any guys get in trouble over the fair weekend. Seems like there is always someone. Having 2 weeks to prepare for Sealy will be huge. I always go back and forth when it comes to the off week. It's nice because you get some bumps and bruises healed up, get to prepare an extra week for your opponent, etc. But when a team is on a roll like Bellville, sometimes it can get a team out of sync, and allow for distractions. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

buff4ever
10-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Everyone must be excited for the rival matchup with Bellville back on their game. I think that Bellville wins this one, but we all know this could prolly go either way. Sealy has shown they can be impressive in a loss to Wimberley, but they have surprised me in a negative way more than once this year, where as Bellville keeps on keeping on against quality opponents or not.

teetle
10-17-2011, 09:22 AM
The Bulls bes very good, but theys wills not be able to catch Seals-Jones or Davis. Theys bes too fast and strong. Jimmie got something for Bellville, justs as he hads for Columbus. Jimmie always gots something for The Bulls. Ole' Bull knows that. He hads some of what Jimmie has. Hes didnts likes it. Go Tigers.:ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!:

OLE'BULL
10-17-2011, 09:35 AM
The Bulls bes very good, but theys wills not be able to catch Seals-Jones or Davis. Theys bes too fast and strong. Jimmie got something for Bellville, justs as he hads for Columbus. Jimmie always gots something for The Bulls. Ole' Bull knows that. He hads some of what Jimmie has. Hes didnts likes it. Go Tigers.:ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!:

Easy teetle, while I do enjoy your posts, and passion for Sealy football, please make sure your facts are correct.
#1) In 2001, "Jimmie" was not the head coach
#2) In 2001, Sealy "hads some of what Hueys has" and deys didnts likes it... I beat Sealy every year I played them. The 90's are long gone paw paw

Bull's-eye
10-17-2011, 12:42 PM
After watching Sealy's defense give up nearly 200 yards to one back (#3 from Columbus), curious to see what they will do to slow down the "Four Horsemen" from Bellville. Columbus started with a "Catch 22" defense in their game against Bellville. They basically tried to take away Bellville's outside running game and decided to see if they could catch Bellville's FB #22. That didn't work, #22 had over 150 yards in the first half. When teams have keyed on the inside running game, Bellville has the speed to burn them outside.

Does Jimmie have enough for #4, #7, #22 & #24?

StangEm
10-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Gotta go with the Tigers in this one. Jawan and Ricky are going to be too much for Bellville's defense. I'm predicting 31-14 Sealy.

Red Bull
10-17-2011, 02:51 PM
I have seen them both play and I think Bellville is the more complete team. Sealy has an exceptional athlete at QB, but I can't see one player beating a good Bellville team. With that being said, I predict Bellville 35-21 in a good one down in Sealy.

Go Bulls!

gambler1606
10-17-2011, 06:52 PM
After watching Sealy's defense give up nearly 200 yards to one back (#3 from Columbus), curious to see what they will do to slow down the "Four Horsemen" from Bellville. Columbus started with a "Catch 22" defense in their game against Bellville. They basically tried to take away Bellville's outside running game and decided to see if they could catch Bellville's FB #22. That didn't work, #22 had over 150 yards in the first half. When teams have keyed on the inside running game, Bellville has the speed to burn them outside.

Does Jimmie have enough for #4, #7, #22 & #24?
Is that what Bellville calls their Backfield?? I could of sworn that was taken in the 30's with Notre Dame,,,,Sorry Bull's-eye

Yoe_09
10-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Bellville(1-0/7-0)

26-Aug Caldwell W 63-14
02-Sep @Lockhart W 21-6
09-Sep Cuero W 21-13
16-Sep @Sweeny W 29-6
23-Sep @Needville W 52-0
30-Sep La Grange W 48-3
07-Oct Columbus* W 42-0

Sealy(2-0/6-2)

26-Aug Kashmere W 42-20
02-Sep @St. Pius W 33-25
09-Sep @Canyon Lake L 38-34
16-Sep @La Grange W 35-16
23-Sep Wimberley L 28-27
30-Sep Needville W 48-6
07-Oct Stafford* W 37-27
14-Oct @Columbus* W 52-27

Thoughts?

SHSBulldog00
10-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Great call on GOTW

Bull's-eye
10-17-2011, 10:16 PM

Does America know this? Somebody tell the Cowboys! :wave:

Football DAD
10-18-2011, 06:21 AM
Great call on GOTW

I agree. :clap:

Football DAD
10-18-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm going with Bellville in this one.

Red Bull
10-18-2011, 07:36 AM
If you look at the three common opponents you will see that Bellville outscored that group 142-3 and Sealy 135-49. What does that tell us? Well in a rivalry game probably not much. But it does show both teams offenses are pretty powerful and Bellville would appear to have the better defense holding these same opponents to only 3 points while Sealy allowed 49. But some times scores can be deceiving late in games with blowouts, reserves playing, etc...

Pudlugger
10-18-2011, 07:58 AM
This game boils down to fundamentals versus flash. I go with the fundamentals and take Bellville for the win.

OLE'BULL
10-18-2011, 08:02 AM
If you look at the three common opponents you will see that Bellville outscored that group 142-3 and Sealy 135-49. What does that tell us? Well in a rivalry game probably not much. But it does show both teams offenses are pretty powerful and Bellville would appear to have the better defense holding these same opponents to only 3 points while Sealy allowed 49. But some times scores can be deceiving late in games with blowouts, reserves playing, etc...

I agree with ya. But I think that Coach Rowe has been pretty good about putting in his reserves in blowouts. Like the Columbus game, I know towards the end of the game, they were driving and about to score. Even on the radio they were asking if he was going to put the 1's back in, he didnt. And they still pinched a shutout. But you're correct, most of these stats get thrown out the window in a rivalry game... Cant wait!

Football DAD
10-18-2011, 08:05 AM
This game boils down to fundamentals versus flash. I go with the fundamentals and take Bellville for the win.

:iagree:

wimbo_pro
10-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Wimberley wins this one by 21.

Football DAD
10-18-2011, 08:22 AM
:stirpot:

jykoy
10-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Bellville by 2 scores.

Bull's-eye
10-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Wimberley is good, but they probably can't win this game....a game that they aren't even playing.

muscatcannelli
10-18-2011, 11:19 AM
bellville hasnt faced a worthy opponet all year and arent ready for an exploasive team like sealy. sealy by a close one. goodluck to both teams and an injury free one!

wimbo_pro
10-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Wimberley is good, but they probably can't win this game....a game that they aren't even playing.

You underestimate us, my friend. We are that good.

zebrablue2
10-18-2011, 12:14 PM
you underestimate us, my friend. We are that good.

lol!!!

Bull's-eye
10-18-2011, 12:40 PM

:clap::clap: Somebody fix the poll, I'm voting for Wimberley!

Manso/V8
10-18-2011, 12:41 PM

I heard that there is an idyllic, spring fed, hill country pond with crystal clear water between Wimberley's locker room and the football field..........and the whole team walks on top of the water, without getting wet, on their way from the locker room to the field. Is this true?

Yoe_09
10-18-2011, 06:50 PM
ttt.

gambler1606
10-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I heard that there is an idyllic, spring fed, hill country pond with crystal clear water between Wimberley's locker room and the football field..........and the whole team walks on top of the water, without getting wet, on their way from the locker room to the field. Is this true?
I heard that to!!

Sportshack
10-18-2011, 10:21 PM
I agree with ya. But I think that Coach Rowe has been pretty good about putting in his reserves in blowouts. Like the Columbus game, I know towards the end of the game, they were driving and about to score. Even on the radio they were asking if he was going to put the 1's back in, he didnt. And they still pinched a shutout. But you're correct, most of these stats get thrown out the window in a rivalry game... Cant wait!

I watched Sealy Canyon Lake game. CL's ground attack punished Sealy. They gave up 298 yds to one RB. They should be vunerable to strong running game. However, the CL game was a long time ago now. Still...Sealy would have won that game most likely if they would have just let Seals-Jones keep running the ball. CL defense was gassed and could not stop him. WIth 50 seconds or so to go from around midfield Sealy coach got uncomfortable and tried to go to passing game. He had time outs and clock stoppage with 1st downs. Seals-jones is tough in 4th qtr. A strong running game and a real fast and physical defense could slow down Sealy. Sounds like Bellville has the goods this year based on the way they roll thru opponents.

Sportshack
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM

Thought that was well kept secret...the harp music is also awesome!!

Tejastrue
10-18-2011, 10:35 PM

I heard that to!!

Thought that was well kept secret...the harp music is also awesome!!

Been reports of a Jesus sighting or two...

Bull's-eye
10-18-2011, 10:38 PM
bellville hasnt faced a worthy opponet all year and arent ready for an exploasive team like sealy. sealy by a close one. goodluck to both teams and an injury free one!

Sealy has only faced 2 worthy opponents and lost them both.

Bellville has more total yards and has played 1 less game than the Tigers.

Might want to ask is Sealy ready for an explosive team like Bellville? The Brahmas will most likely be the top running team that Sealy has faced all year.

Tejastrue
10-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Sealy has only faced 2 worthy opponents and lost them both.

Might want to ask is Sealy ready for an explosive team like Bellville? The Brahmas will most likely be the top running team that Sealy has faced all year.

In Sealy's defense, they could have easily won both games...I think they'll be ready....

Manso/V8
10-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Been reports of a Jesus sighting or two...
Touchdown Jesus?

Manso/V8
10-18-2011, 11:12 PM
In Sealy's defense,.......

Or lack thereof.........

Football DAD
10-18-2011, 11:17 PM

It's going to be a dog fight. (It always is when Bellville plays Sealy.) I think Bellville wins this one.

Manso/V8
10-19-2011, 12:48 AM
No doubt Seals-Jones and Davis are powerful runners, and tough to tackle. It is not really their speed, but their elusiveness and strength. I don't think there is any question that Bellville has a good defense. Without Seals-Jones and Davis carrying the rock, the Bellville defense would likely dominate Sealy's offense, like they have dominated most teams. Sealy's passing game is ok, and perhaps improved since earlier in the year, especially with Bonner cleared to play. However, I don't see their passing game as any better than most of the decent teams we have faced. The Sealy OL is fair in pass protection and run blocking. The question is, can the Brahma D track down and tackle Seals-Jones and Davis, from a broken scramble play or an intended run play? The answer is yes, most of the time......for sure the high caliber duo will elude and/or break tackles during the game.....but certainly not as often or consistently as they did against Columbus, (the only time I have seen the Tigers play this year.) Bellville has a fundamentally strong defense, they know how to tackle and wrap up..........probably one of the more impressive things about their defense. Most of their stops are a swarm of Brahmas....if the first player there doesn't take the runner down, the swarm will. Is our defense fast/quick? Yes, overall the Brahma defense is very quick, and there are several defensive players on the field that are faster than both Seals-Jones and Davis. I can't predict how many points we will hold them to, but I feel we match up better with the Sealy offense than any other team they have played. Don't get upset, Wimberley is good, (we thought Canyon Lake was good), but I don't think they match up as well with Sealy as Bellville does defensively.

For opponents in common;
Bellville shut out Needville, Sealy gave up 6 (one of the few teams Needville has scored on)
Bellville gave up 3 points to La Grange, Sealy gave up 16 (a week after their Bellville game, La Grange scored 35 against Giddings)
Bellville shut out Columbus, Sealy gave up 27 (the Sealy-Columbus game was the week after the Bellville-Columbus game)
I'm not saying these numbers are absolute indicators, but they indicate a trend.........teams score more against Sealy and other teams than they do Bellville. I say the Sealy defense is questionable or at least inconsistent, especially against the run.

Bellville is a running team. They run the Slot-T, and very well. The Slot-T allows smaller and less athletic teams to compete against the big boys by grinding it out on the ground with 3-4 yard gains. The hand offs are deceiving, it is difficult to figure out who has the ball, and the blocking schemes are precise and surprise defenders. Defenses typically start to overcompensate to stop the inside game, and then get burned outside or over the top, or vice-versa. Strategic play calling by the OC is critical to the Slot-T success. The Slot-T is not seen by defenses very often and it makes game preparation difficult. Defenses stay on the field a long time and get frustrated. That is for the smaller and less athletic teams, but Bellville is not small or lack athleticism. The OL strong side is one of the key Slot-T elements. The Bellville OL strong side has the best combination of size, strength, athleticism, and blocking execution that you find in 3a in this part of the state, certainly in District 24. We have a stable of quick/fast backs. Key on one or two of them like Columbus tried, and the third or fourth back will burn you. We are not going to have many or any 1000 yd rushers this year, but we will have several in the 500-800 yd range. So at a minimum, we are going to grind it out on the ground smash mouth style. In reality, we are likely going to break for some long runs.........our second level blocking is very good. Coach Rowe is a Slot-T master, he and his coaching staff know how to call plays to keep defenses honest.

Bellville is a better disciplined team, few turnovers and penalties, and precise execution. Our kicking game is better than Sealy's. Bellville has the edge in kick coverage, Sealy is equal at best. Coach Rowe has consistently made good game management decisions that put Bellville in a position to win. In sum total, I firmly believe Bellville has the edge in this game. I am going to be conservative and say Bellville takes this one by 7.

Of course this is a rivalry game, Sealy has a reputation for playing up or down to the competition with late game surges, and they have home field advantage.......but it is more likely Sealy's emotional swings will work against them and cause them to make mistakes. Could Sealy overcome all the above and win? Maybe, but I doubt it......

wimbo_pro
10-19-2011, 08:10 AM

LOL...good come back!! Thats funny right there!

wimbo_pro
10-19-2011, 08:10 AM
touchdown jesus?

lol!!

wimbo_pro
10-19-2011, 08:11 AM
I just gotta go with Sealy. There's a lot of spunk in those kids...and a hankerin' to prove they are better than their record thusfar.

StangEm
10-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Touchdown Jesus?

LOL!! In Austin County the touchdown Jesus would be holding a Bud Light in his raised hands to bless all passers-by.....

Bull's-eye
10-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Good post Manso/V8! I haven't heard much talk about turnovers. Bellville is a +16 in that department, winning this battle could be key in this game.

Wimberley just defeated Canyon Lake 50-14, both Wimberley & C.L. defeated Sealy in close games. I like to know from some of those fans why the blowout from teams that appeared evenly matched, at least when they played Sealy?

Looking at the stats, Wimberley's defense didn't let Henshaw beat them. They held him to 98 yards on 33 carries. IMO, Sealy's lack of run defense couldn't stop Henshaw, but their pass defense matched up better against a throwing team like Wimberley. Maybe some of the Wimberley posters can give us their views.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Sealy >

sealy has the better athletes and in a game like this, that is what it will come down too... sealy by 10

teetle
10-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Wells Puds hases picked Bellville. Thats a sures win for the Tigers. Ole' Bulls I appreciates you love for the Bulls. You bes very loyal. I bes the same ways with Sealy. Bellville always bes good competition. Theys plays hard. If yous cans stops Seals-Jones and Davis you cans wins. I cows hads large enough wings thens Buli coulds fly. Nots going to happen. Tigers wins.:ack!::cheerl::ack!:

buff4ever
10-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Good post Manso/V8! I haven't heard much talk about turnovers. Bellville is a +16 in that department, winning this battle could be key in this game.

Wimberley just defeated Canyon Lake 50-14, both Wimberley & C.L. defeated Sealy in close games. I like to know from some of those fans why the blowout from teams that appeared evenly matched, at least when they played Sealy?

Looking at the stats, Wimberley's defense didn't let Henshaw beat them. They held him to 98 yards on 33 carries. IMO, Sealy's lack of run defense couldn't stop Henshaw, but their pass defense matched up better against a throwing team like Wimberley. Maybe some of the Wimberley posters can give us their views.

You can't ever go by the he beat this guy and this guy beat that guy by this much or this close, but if you want an explanation for what you are asking, I might have one. I fealt that Wimberley was going to blow CL away because CL managed to only beat La Vernia by 7 (then sealy by 7) and we blew La Vernia out of the water. Wimberley I still think is a very impressive team. In football the reason you can't do the he and she and beat and by this much is because of match ups that differ and make a difference. Sealy has now proven 2 years in a row that they match up well against Wimberley. Haven't beat them, but could have in both games.

You have to be careful with the whole La Grange thing as well. They put up points on us and navasota 2 weeks in a row. We held them to 0 first downs in their first 4 possessions, until they went away from what they had done all year. They spread the offense out against Navasota as well. To our defense, I am sure that we were prepared for what they had done all year, and when that wasn't working they finally changed things up, not to mention a bunch of trickory. You shut down a La Grange team that Yoakum and columbia shut down as well. Now there is a LG team that I think can score some points against a lot of defenses.

Bellville will be able to hold Sealy's offense down enough to when this game I think, will be a good game. Bellville will also do better in the playoffs than Sealy I think.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Sealy >

sealy has the better athletes and in a game like this, that is what it will come down too...

From what I watched last Friday, Bellville has just as many athletes, if not more. Bellville definitely has the size and should the battle in the trenches.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Bellville will also do better in the playoffs than Sealy I think.

Looks like a Navasota v Sealy first round rematch is brewing.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-19-2011, 09:14 AM

What's that supposed to mean? Sealy is just as fundamentally sound as any other team in the state if not more... every day they are tought to work on the "little things" sealy's practices consist of nothing but reps after reps after reps after reps.. i swear Jimmy says "run it again" in his sleep

buff4ever
10-19-2011, 09:27 AM
What's that supposed to mean? Sealy is just as fundamentally sound as any other team in the state if not more... every day they are tought to work on the "little things" sealy's practices consist of nothing but reps after reps after reps after reps.. i swear Jimmy says "run it again" in his sleep

Pud is finally posting good quality post with out trying to boost his kids confidene or pump them up, and you reply with stupidity.

Pud just picked bellville because he feels like they are better fundamentally than Sealy, he didn't say Sealy sux on fundamentals.

Sensitive people.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2011, 09:28 AM
In the Sealy/Bellville game, I don't know who will win this one. It's a battle of rivals, battle of Austin Co, and probably the district championship. Sealy has played well in games that I thought that they would get donkey stomped (i.e. Wimberley) and in other games, I thought that they should have donkey stomped the opposition (i.e. Stafford, Columbus). That goes to show you that the game is more about matchups than what team a did to team b and team c.

I am going to go with The BULLS! Out side of Coldspring and for the most part La Vega and CHILL, the Brahmas have been one of the most consistant teams in Reg III all season.

MJMbrahmas10
10-19-2011, 09:32 AM
This Will be one memorable game, comparable to the 08 matchup
I think this bellville team is the real deal and can't see them losing anytime soon

Manso/V8
10-19-2011, 09:47 AM

Evidently you haven't seen both Bellville and Sealy play this year. Bellville has set a new standard for a fundamentally sound team in District 24. With all due respect to the fine Sealy progam and what Coach Mitchell has done for the Tigers, Sealy as a whole is down from last year. The Sealy fans, players, and even the coach admit that. In a newspaper article the week after the Stafford game, Coach Mitchell discussed how he couldn't get this team to stop making the same mistakes and that they have got to "play better football." Sure they put up 52 points against Columbus while GIVING UP 27 points in a keystone cops game, one week after Bellville shut out the Cardinals 42-0. It is amazing how offenses suddenly "get better" after they play Bellville.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2011, 09:50 AM
You can't ever go by the he beat this guy and this guy beat that guy by this much or this close, but if you want an explanation for what you are asking, I might have one. I fealt that Wimberley was going to blow CL away because CL managed to only beat La Vernia by 7 (then sealy by 7) and we blew La Vernia out of the water.

I thought you couldn't go by that he beat this guy & that guy beat that guy by this much? LOL

duckhunter
10-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Bellville vs Seals......Will be closer than what most think I feel....Bellville -6 on the Spread

Sealy sucks

Manso/V8
10-19-2011, 10:01 AM
LOL!! In Austin County the touchdown Jesus would be holding a Bud Light in his raised hands to bless all passers-by.....

Five years ago, it would have been a Natural Light, but Austin County has slowly upgraded to the point that Bud Light just might outsell Natty(damn move-ins!)......I don't even think they offered Natty at the fair this year. Change comes slow in Austin County.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2011, 10:21 AM
You have to be careful with the whole La Grange thing as well. They put up points on us and navasota 2 weeks in a row. We held them to 0 first downs in their first 4 possessions, until they went away from what they had done all year. They spread the offense out against Navasota as well. To our defense, I am sure that we were prepared for what they had done all year, and when that wasn't working they finally changed things up, not to mention a bunch of trickory. You shut down a La Grange team that Yoakum and columbia shut down as well. Now there is a LG team that I think can score some points against a lot of defenses.

I agree, but didn't LG play Sealy a good game before they even played Bellville? I'm not jumping any conclusions about our game with LG, but I wouldn't bank on the notion that LG all of a sudden turned things around after they played Bellville. Also, LG did use the spread a little vs Bellville & attempted a couple of trick plays. .

buff4ever
10-19-2011, 10:38 AM
I agree, but didn't LG play Sealy a good game before they even played Bellville? I'm not jumping any conclusions about our game with LG, but I wouldn't bank on the notion that LG all of a sudden turned things around after they played Bellville. Also, LG did use the spread a little vs Bellville & attempted a couple of trick plays. .

Okay bull, you been hanging around FBB to much, I guess you want everyone to tell you that you are going to state and this game is over before it started. Bellville looks very good, and are more than on the right track, they have arrived. I don't know that I am going to guarantee you guys the 1/4 final berth or anything, so don't expect it. You guys will have to earn Sealy's respect this week, they dang sure aren't going to gift it to you.

Still think yall win this game buddy, but quit waiting for everyone to worship you on this board, it don't happen unless you are 2010 brownwood, and you see how that turned out.

Manso/V8
10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Okay bull, you been hanging around FBB to much, I guess you want everyone to tell you that you are going to state and this game is over before it started. Bellville looks very good, and are more than on the right track, they have arrived. I don't know that I am going to guarantee you guys the 1/4 final berth or anything, so don't expect it. You guys will have to earn Sealy's respect this week, they dang sure aren't going to gift it to you.

Still think yall win this game buddy, but quit waiting for everyone to worship you on this board, it don't happen unless you are 2010 brownwood, and you see how that turned out.

Buff, I don't think anyone around Bellville is looking for praise or thinking that far down the road, just happy to be in the conversation for the game against Sealy. After a painful 2-8 season last year, we are just glad to have some success this year. The turnaround was better than most had expected, give Coach Rowe the credit for that. Back in August, a dream season for us this year would have been a winning record, beat Sealy, and make the playoffs. If we do beat Sealy, District Champions are a possibility, something most were not even thinking about pre-season. If we take the top D2 spot in District 24, we will face the the second D2 team from District 23, and the winner of that game will likely face Coldspring, and Coldspring is a whole other level.....

Tiger Dad
10-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Evidently you haven't seen both Bellville and Sealy play this year. Bellville has set a new standard for a fundamentally sound team in District 24. With all due respect to the fine Sealy progam and what Coach Mitchell has done for the Tigers, Sealy as a whole is down from last year. The Sealy fans, players, and even the coach admit that. In a newspaper article the week after the Stafford game, Coach Mitchell discussed how he couldn't get this team to stop making the same mistakes and that they have got to "play better football." Sure they put up 52 points against Columbus while GIVING UP 27 points in a keystone cops game, one week after Bellville shut out the Cardinals 42-0. It is amazing how offenses suddenly "get better" after they play Bellville.Or maybe Sealy lets off the gas big time when they get the lead. Maybe Jimmie likes to get his young players lots of experience in case we need them. If you don't think we could have scored ALOT more points on the weaker teams you have got another thing coming. Perfect setup for us, Bellville unbeaten and cocky, coming off an off week, no one but us thinks we can win. It's still the same kids that have gotten there butts kicked for the last several years. Ya'll haven't faced any adversity in this years tiptoe through the tulips, lets see how yall react to a team that actually has an offense. Key on Ricky and Jowan you will see they are not our only weapons.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Buff, you got me all wrong & I didn't mean to strike a nerve. Nobody said anything about going to state or being worshipped on this board. I know we hadn't played that tough of schedule, so our games with common opponents is about the only thing that we can use to judge this team (We both know that is not always accurate). I simply stated that LG had a good offensive showing vs Sealy & their posters stated that their defense came together against Columbia. Maybe our game with the Leps was a fluke, but can we be for certain when LG started playing better? In all reality, it doesn't really matter. Yes, just like Smithville, we will have to keep earning the respect of our opponents. IMO, nobody knows exactly where this team stands, that's why we play the games. I do think Bellville has a good team, but only time will tell how good.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Or maybe Sealy lets off the gas big time when they get the lead. Maybe Jimmie likes to get his young players lots of experience in case we need them. If you don't think we could have scored ALOT more points on the weaker teams you have got another thing coming. Perfect setup for us, Bellville unbeaten and cocky, coming off an off week, no one but us thinks we can win.

I watched the Columbus game, Sealy definitely had that game wrapped up by halftime. Tiger Dad, I got your back on Sealy letting off the gas. I will disagree about Bellville coming in cocky, they know that this will be the best team they have faced all year. Most people are predicting this game could go either way, not sure about nobody giving the Tigers a chance. One thing that we can all agree on, these are the games that we don't want to miss.

hookandladder
10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Buff, you got me all wrong & I didn't mean to strike a nerve. Nobody said anything about going to state or being worshipped on this board. I know we hadn't played that tough of schedule, so our games with common opponents is about the only thing that we can use to judge this team (We both know that is not always accurate). I simply stated that LG had a good offensive showing vs Sealy & their posters stated that their defense came together against Columbia. Maybe our game with the Leps was a fluke, but can we be for certain when LG started playing better? In all reality, it doesn't really matter. Yes, just like Smithville, we will have to keep earning the respect of our opponents. IMO, nobody knows exactly where this team stands, that's why we play the games. I do think Bellville has a good team, but only time will tell how good.

I will not go into details about our game with Bellville and Sealy, I will just tell you do not compare what we did against Sealy and then against Bellville.Lots of issues that are starting to get worked out, still a long way to go. This will be a great game and you will be amazed by SJ's ability with the ball in his hands every play, can you win yes however you better not even try to tackle SJ or Davis from the waist up. You will be looking downfield at their rear ends, with your offense it will be key for you to have long time consuming drives because Sealy can strike fast.Still feel Sealy wins this one by a Td.

Football DAD
10-19-2011, 02:18 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see what happen.

Tiger Dad
10-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I watched the Columbus game, Sealy definitely had that game wrapped up by halftime. Tiger Dad, I got your back on Sealy letting off the gas. I will disagree about Bellville coming in cocky, they know that this will be the best team they have faced all year. Most people are predicting this game could go either way, not sure about nobody giving the Tigers a chance. One thing that we can all agree on, these are the games that we don't want to miss.I agree it should be one heck of a game.

Red Bull
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Bellville will not be too cocky for this game. Coach Rowe will see to that. Yes they are playing with a lot of confidence right now, but they know they haven't played anyone of Sealy's caliber yet so far.

This should be a good one. Two out of the last three years Bellville has been up and did not put the game away. They will need to play four good quarters of football to beat Sealy Friday night.

GO BULLS!

Tejastrue
10-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Bellville will not be too cocky for this game. Coach Rowe will see to that. Yes they are playing with a lot of confidence right now, but they know they haven't played anyone of Sealy's caliber yet so far.

This should be a good one. Two out of the last three years Bellville has been up and did not put the game away. They will need to play four good quarters of football to beat Sealy Friday night.

GO BULLS!

Sealy has a way of doing that (not letting teams put the game away).

ogg
10-19-2011, 09:27 PM
SJ is a momentum changer, :eek: fourth quarter, very impressive. Sealy by 10.

TigerPride12
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I will say this like I said in the Wimberley/Sealy game. The battle will be won in the trenches!! Can Sealy's d line break through the O-line and bust the play at hand? Can Bellvilles d line bust through and disrupt the running ability of Seals-Jones and Davis? It's a rivalry.. That should be enough to know anything can happen no matter how you compare scores. Best of luck to both team and have fun and stay injury free!
Go Tigers!!

sTxforlife
10-19-2011, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, you hear that at least 20-30 times a practice even if you do it right the first time

sTxforlife
10-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Or maybe Sealy lets off the gas big time when they get the lead. Maybe Jimmie likes to get his young players lots of experience in case we need them. If you don't think we could have scored ALOT more points on the weaker teams you have got another thing coming. Perfect setup for us, Bellville unbeaten and cocky, coming off an off week, no one but us thinks we can win. It's still the same kids that have gotten there butts kicked for the last several years. Ya'll haven't faced any adversity in this years tiptoe through the tulips, lets see how yall react to a team that actually has an offense. Key on Ricky and Jowan you will see they are not our only weapons.
very well said, they must forget we have a 6'5 and a 6'4 reciever on the outside and very fast recievers at the slot

FrmSTx
10-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Do any of you know Jimmie's record vs Slot-T teams? Last I counted it was somewhere around 123-2. And one of those loses was by 4 points on a questionable 50 yard touchdown pass from the Swinging Gate. I guarantee you that Sealy's defense has been preparing to stop 234 (236), 228, 331, 3-2-8, and 8-hole reverse all season long. They have probably had a special "Rockslide" session at least once a week. Good luck Tigers! GATA!
And good luck Bellville, you may catch Sealy in a down year this year, but you won't beat Sealy consistently running the Slot-T. As teetle would say, "Jimmies got something for the Slot-T"

Manso/V8
10-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Do any of you know Jimmie's record vs Slot-T teams? Last I counted it was somewhere around 123-2. And one of those loses was by 4 points on a questionable 50 yard touchdown pass from the Swinging Gate. I guarantee you that Sealy's defense has been preparing to stop 234 (236), 228, 331, 3-2-8, and 8-hole reverse all season long. They have probably had a special "Rockslide" session at least once a week. Good luck Tigers! GATA!
And good luck Bellville, you may catch Sealy in a down year this year, but you won't beat Sealy consistently running the Slot-T. As teetle would say, "Jimmies got something for the Slot-T"

Jimmie Mitchell is a very good coach. The Sealy program was immediately better the day he was hired. His record at Sealy is 40-14 (.741 winning) and his overall record as a head coach is 83-21(.798 winning).
Those are very, very impressive numbers.

I don't understand how he can have more wins (123) against Slot-T teams than the total number of games (104 he has coached. Tell us more, educate us!!

ExScoop
10-20-2011, 07:36 AM
From The Sealy News

By JASON GUILBEAU
Sealy hosts Austin County rival Bellville this Friday in the most important District 24-3A game of the season for both teams.

Sealy enters the match up with a record of 6-2 (2-0 in District) with its only two losses coming on the road against Canyon Lake and at home against one of the state’s top ranked 3A teams in a one point loss to the Wimberley Texans.

Bellville enters the game 7-0 (1-0) in district and its defense has given up only 47 points this year for an average of 6.7 points per game. However, they have yet to face an offense as high powered as Sealy’s.

“Bellville is a good football team and we are working hard in practice to prepare for this game,” said Sealy Athletic Director and Head Coach Jimmie Mitchell. “They have some pretty talented athletes this year and they are playing good defense and solid offense. We are going to play hard, with a lot of intensity and when we do that, we play well with good outcomes.”

The Tiger offense is led by blue-chip quarterback No. 4 Ricky Seals-Jones who, since his first year as the Tiger signal caller, has rushed for 1,090 yards, passed for 542 yards and has even stepped in at receiver to gain 178 yards. His total offensive production is an impressive 1,810 yards with 13 rushing touchdowns, five passing touchdowns, and has caught one for a total of 19 offensive touchdowns on the year.

Joining Seals-Jones in the backfield is one of the state’s best running backs in No. 25 Jowan Davis, who has 149 carries for 1,052 yards in the seven games he has played, along with 51 yards receiving for a total of 1,103 yards of total offense along with 18 rushing touchdowns with one receiving for 19 touchdowns on the season.

Together, this multi-threat duo has amassed 2,913 yards of total offense and 38 touchdowns.

Joining Seals-Jones and Davis is quarterback/ punter No. 14 Ryan Klepser. Klepser adds another layer of depth to the talented Tiger offense, as he is able to come in and bring a different skill set. His leadership, on and off the field, as a senior has an impact in tough situations.

These three are joined by an offensive line which includes veteran No. 72 Eddie S. Martinez, whose leadership has helped the Tiger line improve more and more each game, and No. 57 Austin Pratt, whose size and power has also aided the Tigers in opening up holes in opposing defenses for the skill players in the backfield to run through.

The receiving unit the Tigers use is also a force to be reckoned with. No. 7 A.J. Viertel plays H-Back, which is a position that is a lot like a traditional tight end in blocking and going downfield on receiving routes, but he lines up just off of the line of scrimmage. At slot receiver for the Tigers are No. 5 RJ Cardell and No. 10 Kevin Bonner, who are both fast, have good hands and can also perform well at running back if Davis needs a rest.

Split out wide for the Tigers are No. 11 Byron Simpson, whose strength and size make him a threat over the middle, and No. 1 Conor Redding, who has good height and speed for a receiver along with an ability to gain some extra yards after a catch.

One defense, No. 44 Jerred Kocurek is a solid defensive end who brings a lot of intangibles to the field for the Tiger defense. No. 76 Max Medrano, No. 56 Austyn Prince and No. 61 Cody Burttschell who have all stepped up to help the Tigers control the point of attack on the line of scrimmage.

Stepping up to make a lot of tackles are linebackers No. 8 Shamycheal Chatman and No. 33 Zach Konieczny who play consistently well every game and make it hard for opposing offenses to get downfield.

In the backfield for the Tigers, Seals-Jones, Cardell and No. 21 Kris Brown have all played well in their various safety positions assisting the linebackers in stopping the run and defending against short yardage passes along with their duties of covering receivers who go down the middle. At the cornerback positions for Sealy, No. 2 Quincy Harris and No. 12 Tyler Eckhardt are settling into their roles at covering receivers and making tackles in the open field when opposing runners break to the outside.

Bellville runs a Slot-T offense.

“We are an extremely physical football team that likes to run the ball right at opposing defenses and wear them down,” said Bellville Coach Grady Rowe.

For Bellville quarterback No. 4 Jamal Reese, along with running backs No. 7 DeBrae Parker, No. 22 LaKieath Nunn and No. 24 Bronson Allen, are the primary playmakers who like to run behind the offensive line tandem of No. 72 Tyler Herzog and No. 76 Alec Gilliam.

On defense, the Brahmas run a 4-3 and have solid players in linebacker No. 50 Andy Trejo and defensive back No. 25 Sam Poffenberger.

Sealy’s offense will be the toughest unit the Brahma defense has faced all season and Sealy will need to stop the Bellville style of smash-mouth running to win. Ultimately, Sealy should have the speed, skill players, and strength to stop Bellville and win the biggest game of the regular season. One thing is for sure, it is an intense rivalry and both teams are going to play tough to make for an exciting game.

“We are really excited. The entire team is focused and we have turned up the intensity level this week in preparing for Bellville,” said Klepser. “We all realize that everything we have worked for all season has led up to this game and we know that we have to execute our roles individually, and perform with extreme proficiency as a team, to win this game.”

buff4ever
10-20-2011, 08:27 AM
FrmSTX got called out, now wondering if he/she read that or exagerated on purpose, or heard that?

Still pretty funny.

OLE'BULL
10-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I am very ready for this game to kick off. I am ready for the "well, we did this versus them.." and the "if we can do this, we win", etc. This will be a high energy game, both on the field and in the stands. The team that scores more points, wins. Who will that be? Hopefully Bellville. I am excited to see Seals-Jones in person, and am even more excited to watch us shut him down :stirpot: . Contain him and I will be happy. Lets hope for an injury free, clean game. NO excuses....

Red Bull
10-20-2011, 11:52 AM
I am with you Ole' Bull. Let's get this thing going already. There has been enough talk on this board and otherwise to last a season. It is time to let the players do the talking.

Go Bellville! You will remember this game for the rest of your lives.

Sportshack
10-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Five years ago, it would have been a Natural Light, but Austin County has slowly upgraded to the point that Bud Light just might outsell Natty(damn move-ins!)......I don't even think they offered Natty at the fair this year. Change comes slow in Austin County.

Natty lite used to be cheeeeeaaaaap...not so much anymore!!!!!

Sportshack
10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
No doubt Seals-Jones and Davis are powerful runners, and tough to tackle. It is not really their speed, but their elusiveness and strength. I don't think there is any question that Bellville has a good defense. Without Seals-Jones and Davis carrying the rock, the Bellville defense would likely dominate Sealy's offense, like they have dominated most teams. Sealy's passing game is ok, and perhaps improved since earlier in the year, especially with Bonner cleared to play. However, I don't see their passing game as any better than most of the decent teams we have faced. The Sealy OL is fair in pass protection and run blocking. The question is, can the Brahma D track down and tackle Seals-Jones and Davis, from a broken scramble play or an intended run play? The answer is yes, most of the time......for sure the high caliber duo will elude and/or break tackles during the game.....but certainly not as often or consistently as they did against Columbus, (the only time I have seen the Tigers play this year.) Bellville has a fundamentally strong defense, they know how to tackle and wrap up..........probably one of the more impressive things about their defense. Most of their stops are a swarm of Brahmas....if the first player there doesn't take the runner down, the swarm will. Is our defense fast/quick? Yes, overall the Brahma defense is very quick, and there are several defensive players on the field that are faster than both Seals-Jones and Davis. I can't predict how many points we will hold them to, but I feel we match up better with the Sealy offense than any other team they have played. Don't get upset, Wimberley is good, (we thought Canyon Lake was good), but I don't think they match up as well with Sealy as Bellville does defensively.

For opponents in common;
Bellville shut out Needville, Sealy gave up 6 (one of the few teams Needville has scored on)
Bellville gave up 3 points to La Grange, Sealy gave up 16 (a week after their Bellville game, La Grange scored 35 against Giddings)
Bellville shut out Columbus, Sealy gave up 27 (the Sealy-Columbus game was the week after the Bellville-Columbus game)
I'm not saying these numbers are absolute indicators, but they indicate a trend.........teams score more against Sealy and other teams than they do Bellville. I say the Sealy defense is questionable or at least inconsistent, especially against the run.

Bellville is a running team. They run the Slot-T, and very well. The Slot-T allows smaller and less athletic teams to compete against the big boys by grinding it out on the ground with 3-4 yard gains. The hand offs are deceiving, it is difficult to figure out who has the ball, and the blocking schemes are precise and surprise defenders. Defenses typically start to overcompensate to stop the inside game, and then get burned outside or over the top, or vice-versa. Strategic play calling by the OC is critical to the Slot-T success. The Slot-T is not seen by defenses very often and it makes game preparation difficult. Defenses stay on the field a long time and get frustrated. That is for the smaller and less athletic teams, but Bellville is not small or lack athleticism. The OL strong side is one of the key Slot-T elements. The Bellville OL strong side has the best combination of size, strength, athleticism, and blocking execution that you find in 3a in this part of the state, certainly in District 24. We have a stable of quick/fast backs. Key on one or two of them like Columbus tried, and the third or fourth back will burn you. We are not going to have many or any 1000 yd rushers this year, but we will have several in the 500-800 yd range. So at a minimum, we are going to grind it out on the ground smash mouth style. In reality, we are likely going to break for some long runs.........our second level blocking is very good. Coach Rowe is a Slot-T master, he and his coaching staff know how to call plays to keep defenses honest.

Bellville is a better disciplined team, few turnovers and penalties, and precise execution. Our kicking game is better than Sealy's. Bellville has the edge in kick coverage, Sealy is equal at best. Coach Rowe has consistently made good game management decisions that put Bellville in a position to win. In sum total, I firmly believe Bellville has the edge in this game. I am going to be conservative and say Bellville takes this one by 7.

Of course this is a rivalry game, Sealy has a reputation for playing up or down to the competition with late game surges, and they have home field advantage.......but it is more likely Sealy's emotional swings will work against them and cause them to make mistakes. Could Sealy overcome all the above and win? Maybe, but I doubt it......

That is a very logical assessment and in just reading it...I would have to agree with your logic. Seals-Jones is a bit of an illogical player. Wimberley has a very good front 7 to 8 and actually did a lot of good things against Sealy. They did a good job against Davis. I cannot tell you the number of times they had Seals-Jones schemed and seemingly bottled up in backfield on both running and passing plays only to have him slip away for frustrating runs and the occasional completed pass. I have no way of knowing if Bellville has a better defensive front than WHS without seeing them. It very well could be the case and would not surprise me at all based on comments and on record, scores, etc. It is the key to being confident in beating Sealy...a fast and athletic defense!!! It will have to be an elite defense. You have to ask yourself if they are an ELITE defense like one that can compete with the last teams standing at the end of the year. Now none of this talk means that Sealy can stop bellville and it is likley they cannot. It seems Bellville is the team to beat with combination of scoring and defense... but just sayin. Also, a good defense like Bellville's will likely have success against S-J in early going but watch out as it as the game wears on that his deceptive physicality starts to boil to the surface.

FrmSTx
10-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Jimmie Mitchell is a very good coach. The Sealy program was immediately better the day he was hired. His record at Sealy is 40-14 (.741 winning) and his overall record as a head coach is 83-21(.798 winning).

I don't understand how he can have more wins (123) against Slot-T teams than the total number of games (104 he has coached. Tell us more, educate us!!

I will explain. I exagrated his wins, and was including his time as a DC in South Texas where everyone and their dog run the slot-T. There make you happy? The losses might be 4, AP and Mathis had some good teams in the late 90's.

And if you are going to be a jerk about something, you might want to have your facts straight. you have his overall record wrong. Sorry that my estimation threw you for a loop. Is that enough? I can give you exact records and scores if need be.

Go tigers!

The Bull #40
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Well, one more day till "The Lights" come on. I'm sure both towns are itching to head to the stadium and watch this heated rivalry game, I know I am. I'm still unsure of how I think this game is going to turn out. Looking at the records of course, anyone would say Bellville will get the W but I know Sealy to be deceptive in how talented they are too. I have yet to see Sealy play this year but it seems to me that their defense is lacking and they are just outscoring everybody while riding on the back of Seals-Jones. No offense to him, because he is a great player with tons of ability and a great collegiate career ahead of him I'm sure but if Sealy wants to get in a scoring match with Bellville I think Sealy is going to come up with the short end of the stick. Why? Because riding one player over the course of a season wears that player down first off. Second, the Bellville defense WILL slow him down, maybe not stop him completely but he won't be wanting to run the ball every play against them or he's gonna get pounded. And lastly, and what I don't see how people are overlooking this fact: Bellville's offense is a machine and firing at all cylinders. They pound the ball hard inside all night and grind out the clock, then when opponents load the box we throw right over the top. Can Sealy's defense stop that being down like they are this year? They're averaging nearly 40 points a game(with subs coming in just like Sealy does) and Sealy is averaging 38. The difference is Bellville is only allowing an average of 6 points per game while Sealy is allowing 21. That creates a big difference that I just do not believe Seals-Jones can make up by himself, once again no offense to him. If he can prove me wrong, more power to him but until then I have the Bulls winning by 3 TDs.

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."

teetle
10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
wells Jimmie gots sometning for everybodys. He gots alot to spread around. He gonna give some to this guy and gives somes to thats guy. He donts discriminates. Bellvills bes in alot ofr trouble. Last year they bes crying and moaning. This year sames results. Cruing and moaning. Theys wills have all wthe excuses. Refs dids something tos thems, Jimmie cheated. Somewthings happened. Buts in the ends, Sealy wins. Enough saids.:iagree::eek::ack!:

hookandladder
10-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Well, one more day till "The Lights" come on. I'm sure both towns are itching to head to the stadium and watch this heated rivalry game, I know I am. I'm still unsure of how I think this game is going to turn out. Looking at the records of course, anyone would say Bellville will get the W but I know Sealy to be deceptive in how talented they are too. I have yet to see Sealy play this year but it seems to me that their defense is lacking and they are just outscoring everybody while riding on the back of Seals-Jones. No offense to him, because he is a great player with tons of ability and a great collegiate career ahead of him I'm sure but if Sealy wants to get in a scoring match with Bellville I think Sealy is going to come up with the short end of the stick. Why? Because riding one player over the course of a season wears that player down first off. Second, the Bellville defense WILL slow him down, maybe not stop him completely but he won't be wanting to run the ball every play against them or he's gonna get pounded. And lastly, and what I don't see how people are overlooking this fact: Bellville's offense is a machine and firing at all cylinders. They pound the ball hard inside all night and grind out the clock, then when opponents load the box we throw right over the top. Can Sealy's defense stop that being down like they are this year? They're averaging nearly 40 points a game(with subs coming in just like Sealy does) and Sealy is averaging 38. The difference is Bellville is only allowing an average of 6 points per game while Sealy is allowing 21. That creates a big difference that I just do not believe Seals-Jones can make up by himself, once again no offense to him. If he can prove me wrong, more power to him but until then I have the Bulls winning by 3 TDs.

SJ is a man among boys on the playing field, the other thing you are missing is Davis is an excellent runner and if you forget about him he will burn you just as fast. Wimberley thought they could contain SJ also and we all know how that turned out, not saying Bellville cannot win this game just saying you will be impressed after watching SJ play. As I have said earlier in this tread, if SJ plays defense he will be a difference maker on that side of the ball also. The key to a Sealy win will be their front 7, if they play well they will win because Sealy will score points. You will get a look at a kid that is D-1 ready now and has one more year left, that is scary.

Tiger Dad
10-20-2011, 02:24 PM

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."Hey Heifer. SJ is no one man team. Davis has 38 yards and one touchdown less than he has. We can always put Klepser at Qb and SJ at reciever . If you double him then Davis will run wild. Don't double him he will eat yall up all night. Oh yea our other 2 recievers are 6'4"and 6'5" not to mention Cardell.This isnt one of the jr high offenses you have faced so far. Our D will step up, you will score just not enough. Sealy by 10 !

sTxforlife
10-20-2011, 02:31 PM

You obviously don't know how Seals-Jones plays them, he will bring it every play and by the end of the game it will be the defense that won't want to get in his way. You are also forgetting Davis who is one of the best, most physical and elusive runners in the state. If Bellville wants to get in a scoring match with the Tigers they will find out that that is a battle THEY will come up short on. From what I hear from the defense from watching film of Bellville's offense, basically they get shut down on a couple of plays then they break one. I don't forsee this happening with our defense. Coach Mitchell does a good job of adjusting to what he sees and I think this week the Tiger defense will step up and surprise everyone who thinks they can't shut down Bellville's offense. I can't wait for Friday night to watch what should be another great game in the history of this rivalry.

Manso/V8
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
I will explain. I exagrated his wins, and was including his time as a DC in South Texas where everyone and their dog run the slot-T. There make you happy? The losses might be 4, AP and Mathis had some good teams in the late 90's.

And if you are going to be a jerk about something, you might want to have your facts straight. you have his overall record wrong. Sorry that my estimation threw you for a loop. Is that enough? I can give you exact records and scores if need be.

Go tigers!

It's all good FrmSTx! I wasn't trying to be a jerk......just comes across that way sometimes (so my wife tells me......!). Mitchell is a great coach and you make a valid point. I had no idea that he had faced the Slot-T so often as a head coach and DC, since you don't see it as often around here.

OK now, I suppose I should thank you for making me a little more nervous!

pirate4state
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
LOL thanks for the laughs guys!!!

FrmSTX got called out, now wondering if he/she read that or exagerated on purpose, or heard that?

Still pretty funny.

Go tigers!

It's all good FrmSTx! I wasn't trying to be a jerk......just comes across that way sometimes (so my wife tells me......!). Mitchell is a great coach and you make a valid point. I had no idea that he had faced the Slot-T so often as a head coach and DC, since you don't see it as often around here.

OK now, I suppose I should thank you for making me a little more nervous!

The Bull #40
10-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey, soccer dad. I'm glad you think Seals-Jones isn't going to carry you past the Brahmas because that just isn't going to happen. That being said, go ahead and put Seals-Jones wherever you want. You still will not outscore us. I also believe the "junior high offenses" we've been playing put up quite a few more points on y'all than they did us. :stirpot: Oh and the last thing you forgot is that Bellville wins by 3 TDs. We'll be lighting up the scoreboard so just sit back and enjoy the show :1popcorn:

The Bull #40
10-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey Heifer. SJ is no one man team. Davis has 38 yards and one touchdown less than he has. We can always put Klepser at Qb and SJ at reciever . If you double him then Davis will run wild. Don't double him he will eat yall up all night. Oh yea our other 2 recievers are 6'4"and 6'5" not to mention Cardell.This isnt one of the jr high offenses you have faced so far. Our D will step up, you will score just not enough. Sealy by 10 !

Hey, soccer dad. I'm glad you think Seals-Jones isn't going to carry you past the Brahmas because that just isn't going to happen. That being said, go ahead and put Seals-Jones wherever you want. You still will not outscore us. I also believe the "junior high offenses" we've been playing put up quite a few more points on y'all than they did us. Oh and the last thing you forgot is that Bellville wins by 3 TDs. :stirpot: We'll be lighting up the scoreboard so just sit back and enjoy the show :1popcorn:

sTxforlife
10-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Hey, soccer dad. I'm glad you think Seals-Jones isn't going to carry you past the Brahmas because that just isn't going to happen. That being said, go ahead and put Seals-Jones wherever you want. You still will not outscore us. I also believe the "junior high offenses" we've been playing put up quite a few more points on y'all than they did us. Oh and the last thing you forgot is that Bellville wins by 3 TDs. :stirpot: We'll be lighting up the scoreboard so just sit back and enjoy the show :1popcorn:
3 TDs??? Are you crazy??? I will admit you guys are good but you will not beat Sealy by 3 TDs, if you even beat them which I doubt you will, but especially not in our house.

Manso/V8
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
3 TDs??? Are you crazy??? I will admit you guys are good but you will not beat Sealy by 3 TDs, if you even beat them which I doubt you will, but especially not in our house.

Valid point, the stadium is haunted..........where are the refs coming from?

Gone Fishing
10-20-2011, 09:07 PM

You better watch out, he is that good. I have seen him twice (CL and Wimberley game) and Sealy could have won both those games with good or should I say, better coaching.

Manso/V8
10-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Don't get excited or mad, I know it doesn't have any bearing on the outcome of the varsity game, but seeing how all yall are football fans, I thought you would be interested in knowing that the score of tonight's JV game was Bellville 22 -Sealy 8.........I got a text from a friend who was at the game and he said it was the best JV game he had seen all year. Both teams played with a lot of grit and passion. Just what I would expect from both teams.

If it tells us anything, it is a affirmation that we should expect a hard fought game under the FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS. Best of luck to both teams, and above all pray for an injury free contest.

Bull's-eye
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Bellville actually swept all the games tonight, from JV down to 7th grade. :clap:

KL3
10-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Can someone paste the game preview from the Bellville Times? I can guarantee you it will be far superior to the Sealy article. Nobody does it better than Bruce White.

I haven't seen a Bellville game in a couple of years but do follow them and I can't believe how many good RB's this Bellville sophomore class has produced. They've got 4 or 5 correct?

Manso/V8
10-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Can someone paste the game preview from the Bellville Times? I can guarantee you it will be far superior to the Sealy article. Nobody does it better than Bruce White.

I haven't seen a Bellville game in a couple of years but do follow them and I can't believe how many good RB's this Bellville sophomore class has produced. They've got 4 or 5 correct?

I think there are 4 sophomores that carry the rock on varsity. There are also two or three good real sophomore RB's on JV.

rancher
10-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Am I correct in what I have been reading in the Bellville times that the 7th, 8th and Freshman teams are undefeated. If that is correct, Coach Rowe is going to be loaded for a few years. This is on top of what he has playing now at the varsity and JV level.

pancho villa
10-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Sealy is going to milk dem Bulls.

OLE'BULL
10-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Sealy is going to milk dem Bulls.

Good luck with that! That white stuff aint milk!:ack!:

On a more more mature note (sorry folks, couldnt resist), I woke up this morning with a different level of energy. I get excited on Fridays, not only b/c its gameday, but... because its Friday! This will be the most exciting Bellville game I have seen all season, and in a few years for that matter. I am hoping for a Brahma W, and would love for it to be by 100 pts, but I would also like to see this game come down to the wire. I want to see which team performs better under pressure. Sealy ALMOST beat Wimberley at the last second, is that a sign that they cant close? Or is it a sign that they can play with the big boys, and damn near win it? I think the latter. This Sealy team should not be taken lightly. I expect both teams to be firing on all cylinders this late in the season. Sould be some of the best football in the state up to this point. Go Bulls!

buff4ever
10-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I still say that bellville will win this game, it could be by 10 or 14.

zebrablue2
10-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Game day! May both teams play injury free. Gonna be a good one...

duckhunter
10-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Am I correct in what I have been reading in the Bellville times that the 7th, 8th and Freshman teams are undefeated. If that is correct, Coach Rowe is going to be loaded for a few years. This is on top of what he has playing now at the varsity and JV level.

to assume undeafeated junior high teams will go undeafeated in high school and remain "loaded" is bit of a stretch. Yes it is a good sign, but remember kids do grow and mature more once they are in high school. with that being said all signs are looking up for the kids in the county seat

BrahmaMom
10-21-2011, 09:29 AM
IT'S GAME DAY!!! Y'all have summed it up so I will just say that this Brahma team has the fundamentals down pat, which helps. We need to be focused, play each down hard and like the game depends on it, special teams needs to bring their A game, we can't have penalties or mental mistakes, and I would LOVE to see defensive TDs return to the Brahma game! If we do that, Bellville wins. If Sealy does it better, they just might win. The energy in the air is exciting and both teams are pumped. The Brahmas have a lot to prove after the past two seasons, so I think that bodes well for them. I think this game, even if played fairly and with good sportsmanship, could get ugly. An ugly win is still a WIN. Let's get that W, Brahmas! GO BULLS!!!!

Bull's-eye
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Game day! May both teams play injury free. Gonna be a good one...

:iagree: I think we covered just about everything in this thread, time to decide it on the field.

The Bull #40
10-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Love that feeling you get on Fridays, knowing there's Texas High School football to be played. I am extremely excited to watch this game between two great teams(yes Sealy is a good program, we know). And while this rivalry is very heated I hope both teams and towns show respect towards one another tonight. I have a feeling this game is gonna be one that is determined in the final minutes on the game( which means we're not going to win by 3 TDs sealy posters who took that so offensively), and that it will be the game of the year for both teams. It should have a playoff-type atmosphere and be a good predictor of just how good both of these teams are. Good luck to both teams, with most of it for the Bulls and see y'all at 7:30!

zebrablue2
10-21-2011, 10:40 AM
:iagree: I think we covered just about everything in this thread, time to decide it on the field.

:iagree: Have a safe trip to Sealy. Stop by Tonys and have a good ole C/F steak! Is our friend coming with you tonight?

Bull's-eye
10-21-2011, 11:01 AM
:iagree: Have a safe trip to Sealy. Stop by Tonys and have a good ole C/F steak on me! Is our friend coming with you tonight?

No, I believe he has a game. Thanks for the C/F steak......LOL

BrahmaMom
10-21-2011, 11:09 AM
The Bull #40--you pointed out something I hope all fans remember:respect. Despite the intensity of the rivalry, we ALL need to remember it is just a game and respect is an important component of the contest. Wow, #40, someone raised you right! :) GO BRAHMAS! Play with Brahma Pride!

Manso/V8
10-21-2011, 11:14 AM
The Bull #40--you pointed out something I hope all fans remember:respect. Despite the intensity of the rivalry, we ALL need to remember it is just a game and respect is an important component of the contest. Wow, #40, someone raised you right! :) GO BRAHMAS! Play with Brahma Pride!

Full respect from all of us on the north side of Mill Creek for the town of Sealy, the coaches, the players.
It has been fun jawing, prognosticating, and talking what ifs, but it is time to play the game.
I expect both teams to walk away with pride that they gave full effort.
Here's to an injury free game!

teetle
10-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Watch outs, here come Jimmie. He got something fors you. Yous not gonna likes it. Nobody come into Jimmie house and Like it. He that way. He be making you like it.:wave::wave::ack!:

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Gotta go with Sealy tonight..Good luck Tigers!!

OLE'BULL
10-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Watch outs, here come Jimmie. He got something fors you. Yous not gonna likes it. Nobody come into Jimmie house and Like it. He that way. He be making you like it.:wave::wave::ack!:

:lies:

buff4ever
10-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Sealy isn't playing Wimberley, they won't be in this game with 5 minutes left.:wave:

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Sealy isn't playing Wimberley, they won't be in this game with 5 minutes left.:wave:

Okay, you're officially on my list...:tongue:

Manso/V8
10-21-2011, 04:08 PM

That's ok, we understand why you "gotta go" with Sealy.....

Tonight is gonna be interesting!

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 04:44 PM
That's ok, we understand why you "gotta go" with Sealy.....

Tonight is gonna be interesting!

Well, I know nothing about Bellville but very familiar with Sealy, I can't speak for Sealy but we (Wimberley) tend to "lick our chops" for slot-T teams...
Wouldn't mind seeing this one. I agree, it will be interesting! Good luck tonight Manso.:clap:

gambler1606
10-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Going with Sealy on this one. 24 to 21

Roughneck93
10-21-2011, 05:01 PM
This will be a good game. Taking Bellville 28-24.

MJMbrahmas10
10-21-2011, 08:20 PM
6-3 half. Sealy

Brahma84
10-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Bellville runs the second half kick-off back and then adds a field goal. Bellville 13 Sealy 6 with 5min left in the third.

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Bellville 13
Sealy 12
8:32 4th

Brahma84
10-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Sealy scores, Bellville blocks the extra point. 13-12 Bellville, 8 min left in the 4th.

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 09:39 PM
18-13
Sealy
2min. left

Sealy fails on 3 xtra points

Brahma84
10-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Sealy blocks a punt then scores. Missed a two-point conversion. 18-13 Sealy with 3 min left.

BrahmaMom
10-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Congratulations to Sealy on the win. Way to play every down, Brahmas; you represented Bellville well and we are proud of you. Learn from tonight and get ready for next week.

gameface
10-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Very nice earn Sealy! Bellville still gonna go minimum 4 deep in the playoffs!! Watch & see!!

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 10:18 PM

:wave:

Pudlugger
10-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Not if we can help it Gameface!:eek::eek::mad:

Pudlugger
10-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Close game and tough to lose Brahmas, but not much daylight between both teams. Lots of pride and spirit on display here and both teams deserve credit. Congratulations to Sealy on staying the course. We expect much from yall in D1 playoffs this year. No one and done this year for Sealy if they can beat an elite team like Bellville. I don't think Navasota has the horses this year. Just sayin'.:stirpot:

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Congrats Sealy on a big win..:clap:

Tiger00Ag04
10-21-2011, 11:09 PM
From The Sealy News

By JASON GUILBEAU
Sealy hosts Austin County rival Bellville this Friday in the most important District 24-3A game of the season for both teams.

Sealy enters the match up with a record of 6-2 (2-0 in District) with its only two losses coming on the road against Canyon Lake and at home against one of the state’s top ranked 3A teams in a one point loss to the Wimberley Texans.

Bellville enters the game 7-0 (1-0) in district and its defense has given up only 47 points this year for an average of 6.7 points per game. However, they have yet to face an offense as high powered as Sealy’s.

“Bellville is a good football team and we are working hard in practice to prepare for this game,” said Sealy Athletic Director and Head Coach Jimmie Mitchell. “They have some pretty talented athletes this year and they are playing good defense and solid offense. We are going to play hard, with a lot of intensity and when we do that, we play well with good outcomes.”

The Tiger offense is led by blue-chip quarterback No. 4 Ricky Seals-Jones who, since his first year as the Tiger signal caller, has rushed for 1,090 yards, passed for 542 yards and has even stepped in at receiver to gain 178 yards. His total offensive production is an impressive 1,810 yards with 13 rushing touchdowns, five passing touchdowns, and has caught one for a total of 19 offensive touchdowns on the year.

Joining Seals-Jones in the backfield is one of the state’s best running backs in No. 25 Jowan Davis, who has 149 carries for 1,052 yards in the seven games he has played, along with 51 yards receiving for a total of 1,103 yards of total offense along with 18 rushing touchdowns with one receiving for 19 touchdowns on the season.

Together, this multi-threat duo has amassed 2,913 yards of total offense and 38 touchdowns.

Joining Seals-Jones and Davis is quarterback/ punter No. 14 Ryan Klepser. Klepser adds another layer of depth to the talented Tiger offense, as he is able to come in and bring a different skill set. His leadership, on and off the field, as a senior has an impact in tough situations.

These three are joined by an offensive line which includes veteran No. 72 Eddie S. Martinez, whose leadership has helped the Tiger line improve more and more each game, and No. 57 Austin Pratt, whose size and power has also aided the Tigers in opening up holes in opposing defenses for the skill players in the backfield to run through.

The receiving unit the Tigers use is also a force to be reckoned with. No. 7 A.J. Viertel plays H-Back, which is a position that is a lot like a traditional tight end in blocking and going downfield on receiving routes, but he lines up just off of the line of scrimmage. At slot receiver for the Tigers are No. 5 RJ Cardell and No. 10 Kevin Bonner, who are both fast, have good hands and can also perform well at running back if Davis needs a rest.

Split out wide for the Tigers are No. 11 Byron Simpson, whose strength and size make him a threat over the middle, and No. 1 Conor Redding, who has good height and speed for a receiver along with an ability to gain some extra yards after a catch.

One defense, No. 44 Jerred Kocurek is a solid defensive end who brings a lot of intangibles to the field for the Tiger defense. No. 76 Max Medrano, No. 56 Austyn Prince and No. 61 Cody Burttschell who have all stepped up to help the Tigers control the point of attack on the line of scrimmage.

Stepping up to make a lot of tackles are linebackers No. 8 Shamycheal Chatman and No. 33 Zach Konieczny who play consistently well every game and make it hard for opposing offenses to get downfield.

In the backfield for the Tigers, Seals-Jones, Cardell and No. 21 Kris Brown have all played well in their various safety positions assisting the linebackers in stopping the run and defending against short yardage passes along with their duties of covering receivers who go down the middle. At the cornerback positions for Sealy, No. 2 Quincy Harris and No. 12 Tyler Eckhardt are settling into their roles at covering receivers and making tackles in the open field when opposing runners break to the outside.

Bellville runs a Slot-T offense.

“We are an extremely physical football team that likes to run the ball right at opposing defenses and wear them down,” said Bellville Coach Grady Rowe.

For Bellville quarterback No. 4 Jamal Reese, along with running backs No. 7 DeBrae Parker, No. 22 LaKieath Nunn and No. 24 Bronson Allen, are the primary playmakers who like to run behind the offensive line tandem of No. 72 Tyler Herzog and No. 76 Alec Gilliam.

On defense, the Brahmas run a 4-3 and have solid players in linebacker No. 50 Andy Trejo and defensive back No. 25 Sam Poffenberger.

Sealy’s offense will be the toughest unit the Brahma defense has faced all season and Sealy will need to stop the Bellville style of smash-mouth running to win. Ultimately, Sealy should have the speed, skill players, and strength to stop Bellville and win the biggest game of the regular season. One thing is for sure, it is an intense rivalry and both teams are going to play tough to make for an exciting game.

“We are really excited. The entire team is focused and we have turned up the intensity level this week in preparing for Bellville,” said Klepser. “We all realize that everything we have worked for all season has led up to this game and we know that we have to execute our roles individually, and perform with extreme proficiency as a team, to win this game.”

Jason Guilbeau from the Sealy News called it!!!!

Sinton94
10-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Congrats Mitchell and Sealy on a huge win!

Manso/V8
10-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Congrats to Sealy on the win. They earned it. It was a hard fought battle. The atmosphere was awesome from pre-game until the end.
Neither team ever felt like they had the game in hand until the final seconds ticked away. There were more mistakes than typical from both teams, a lot of flags, flags that were thrown and then picked up, missed opportunities, and the like......things you would expect from two relatively young teams in a big rivalry game like this one.

I was wrong about the Sealy defense. They really stepped up and shut Bellville's running game down. Alot different than what we saw last week against Columbus. They plugged up the inside, stacked the outside, kept us from getting the corner, put a lot of pressure on our QB on pass plays and roll outs. We did get them over the top on a couple of long pass plays, but it simply wasn't enough. They stopped Bellville on two goal line stances and we were forced to kick field goals.

Sealy had a better passing game than I expected. RSJ threw the ball pretty well. His strength and ability to elude/shake off the rush was a factor. Their go ahead score came on a pass play after blocking a Bellville punt.

RSJ had one VY break away run or a TD on a QB keeper. Davis ran well, was tough to tackle, but was also stopped for losses on a few plays.
He scored his TD by bouncing to the outside from about the 7 or so.

The Bellville defense played tough and did what they could to stop Sealy's horses.
We can be proud that we held Sealy their lowest point total this year.

We sure would have liked a win......but this was a learning experience for the young Brahmas and it will make us a better team.
We'll be back.

pirate4state
10-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Congrats to Sealy on the win. They earned it. It was a hard fought battle. The atmosphere was awesome from pre-game until the end.
Neither team ever felt like they had the game in hand until the final seconds ticked away. There were more mistakes than typical from both teams, a lot of flags, flags that were thrown and then picked up, missed opportunities, and the like......things you would expect from two relatively young teams in a big rivalry game like this one.

I was wrong about the Sealy defense. They really stepped up and shut Bellville's running game down. Alot different than what we saw last week against Columbus. They plugged up the inside, stacked the outside, kept us from getting the corner, put a lot of pressure on our QB on pass plays and roll outs. We did get them over the top on a couple of long pass plays, but it simply wasn't enough. They stopped Bellville on two goal line stances and we were forced to kick field goals.

Sealy had a better passing game than I expected. RSJ threw the ball pretty well. His strength and ability to elude/shake off the rush was a factor. Their go ahead score came on a pass play after blocking a Bellville punt.

RSJ had one VY break away run or a TD on a QB keeper. Davis ran well, was tough to tackle, but was also stopped for losses on a few plays.
He scored his TD by bouncing to the outside from about the 7 or so.

The Bellville defense played tough and did what they could to stop Sealy's horses.
We can be proud that we held Sealy their lowest point total this year.

We sure would have liked a win......but this was a learning experience for the young Brahmas and it will make us a better team.
We'll be back.

:2thumbsup: Great post, thanks!

Congrats to the Mitchell brothers & Sealy Tigers. Dust yourselves off Brahmas and keep on keeping on!! Good luck to both teams going forward!

Tiger00Ag04
10-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Bellville you guys have a good football team, best of luck to you for the rest of the season....It was a great team between two talented, well coached teams

Bull's-eye
10-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Congratulations to Sealy! I don't think anybody predicted a game where both teams would only combine for 468 yards. Two high power offenses were kept in check by outstanding defensive play, with a late blocked punt being the deciding factor. Credit the Sealy defense for stepping up big time, best defense that we have played all year. I think Sealy will say the same about the Bellville defense. IMO, the key to the Sealy win was their redzone defense. Bellville had to settle for 2 FG's after getting inside the 10 yd line twice. Late in the 2nd quarter, Bellville got down to the 2 yard line but the Tiger defense held. In the 3rd Qtr, Bellville was knocking on the door, but once again the Tigers made the huge stop. The Sealy defense was really stacking the box, especially in the 2nd half. I thought Bellville got too conservative, trying to run the ball when Sealy was daring them to pass the ball. Maybe a couple of play-action passes would of done the trick?

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 01:16 AM
Close game and tough to lose Brahmas, but not much daylight between both teams. Lots of pride and spirit on display here and both teams deserve credit. Congratulations to Sealy on staying the course. We expect much from yall in D1 playoffs this year. No one and done this year for Sealy if they can beat an elite team like Bellville. I don't think Navasota has the horses this year. Just sayin'.:stirpot:

I recall you saying that Navasota wasn't that good last year or you weren't that impressed. Right? Navasota went on to not only go undefeated and win district but beat Sealy by 17, beat Huffman by 21, and then lose in the Div 1 Quarterfinals for the forth consecutive year to CHILL. So, don't get too full of yourself just yet.

I'm beginning to see a pattern with you. Any team that beats La Grange pretty soundly, will do well in the playoffs. Heck, that's was most of your oppenents heading into district.

You have seen the Rattlers play one game, and all of sudden, Navasota doesn't have the horses. Could it have been a bad game for the Rattlers? And, even when the Rattlers are having a bad game, it was enough to beat La Grange.

Like I have said, Fedora didn't even play his top two RB's. Not that I am going to make excuses, but, Navasota was its own biggest enemy against La Grange. Ask Rockdale, Rudder, Wharton, etc what the Rattlers are capable of. Now that Smithville has beaten Giddings, does that mean Giddings doesn't have the horses this year? Or, Maybe Smithville does? Or, Maybe La Grange doesn't have the horses?

So, I am going to put it to you like this, you better pray for a miracle or your mighty Leopards will be sitting at home, again. Just sayin'.:stirpot:

BTW, I enjoyed the game tonight from Sealy. Congrats Tigers!

duckhunter
10-22-2011, 06:31 AM
I recall you saying that Navasota wasn't that good last year or you weren't that impressed. Right? Navasota went on to not only go undefeated and win district but beat Sealy by 17, beat Huffman by 21, and then lose in the Div 1 Quarterfinals for the forth consecutive year to CHILL. So, don't get too full of yourself just yet.

I'm beginning to see a pattern with you. Any team that beats La Grange pretty soundly, will do well in the playoffs. Heck, that's was most of your oppenents heading into district.

You have seen the Rattlers play one game, and all of sudden, Navasota doesn't have the horses. Could it have been a bad game for the Rattlers? And, even when the Rattlers are having a bad game, it was enough to beat La Grange.

Like I have said, Fedora didn't even play his top two RB's. Not that I am going to make excuses, but, Navasota was its own biggest enemy against La Grange. Ask Rockdale, Rudder, Wharton, etc what the Rattlers are capable of. Now that Smithville has beaten Giddings, does that mean Giddings doesn't have the horses this year? Or, Maybe Smithville does? Or, Maybe La Grange doesn't have the horses?

So, I am going to put it to you like this, you better pray for a miracle or your mighty Leopards will be sitting at home, again. Just sayin'.:stirpot:

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Pudlugger
10-22-2011, 06:46 AM

Fine, just prove me wrong and win the next three games. BTW this is the 2011 season so don't dazzle me with stale stats about last year. Good luck the rest of the way anyway.:stirpot:

Astro2
10-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Dear Bellville,
Please tell your coach to take his antics back to 2A. Spending the game on the numbers, and at one point being on all fours pounding the ground is not only comicial, but also embarrassing for a storied program like Bellville.
That is all. Carry On.

P.S. How does it feel to be looking up at Sealy for yet another year

hookandladder
10-22-2011, 08:12 AM

So are you saying we need a miracle for your team to beat Smithville,damn I thought you had more faith in your team.If you guys lose to Smithville we are out, so we will be pulling for your team.

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 08:27 AM
So are you saying we need a miracle for your team to beat Smithville,damn I thought you had more faith in your team.If you guys lose to Smithville we are out, so we will be pulling for your team.

Where did you get that from..? Navasota is 3-0 in district play. So, I don't think that we need a miracle. I was saying that La Grange needed a miracle.

I have always been a supporter of the Leopards ever since I saw them play down here in Houston against Hamshire Fannett, but, everytime I look up, Navasota is getting low balled. Nothing against you personally, but, it is happening. I like what I saw when the Leopards came to Navasota and I felt that the Leopards could be a team to represent D23. Has that changed for me, no, but, Smithville has really put a monkey wrench in what I thought would happen.

Good Luck to La Grange. Win out and Navasota will surely give it their all to make sure we are the district champions!

Pudlugger
10-22-2011, 08:51 AM
I admire the Rattlers and hope they win the next two games to seal the deal for district champions in D23(they are imo the best team in our district). I guess I just think the probable Sealy v Navasota match up in the first round of D1 will go Sealy's way. I have seen both play against LG and in my opinion Sealy matches up better against Navasota. Navasota beat the Leps by their outstanding passing game. They did not defend that well against the run allowing about 150 yards rushing while they only managed 26 against our defense. Sealy's running game is on a whole different level than the Leps. If Sealy can defend the pass (and they have the speed to do it) then Navasota will have trouble stopping the Sealy running game of Seals-Jones & Davis. Sealy defends the rushing game well as they demonstrated against a very salty Bellville team last night. I'm not saying Navasota can't win this game just that Sealy matches up better. Sorry if that upsets you but it is my take on the game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 08:56 AM
I admire the Rattlers and hope they win the next two games to seal the deal for district champions in D23(they are imo the best team in our district). I guess I just think the probable Sealy v Navasota match up in the first round of D1 will go Sealy's way. I have seen both play against LG and in my opinion Sealy matches up better against Navasota. Navasota beat the Leps by their outstanding passing game. They did not defend that well against the run allowing about 150 yards rushing while they only managed 26 against our defense. Sealy's running game is on a whole different level than the Leps. If Sealy can defend the pass (and they have the speed to do it) then Navasota will have trouble stopping the Sealy running game of Seals-Jones & Davis. Sealy defends the rushing game well as they demonstrated against a very salty Bellville team last night. I'm not saying Navasota can't win this game just that Sealy matches up better. Sorry if that upsets you but it is my take on the game.

I respect your opinion, and no disrespect to Bellville or Sealy, but, neither teams are "salty". And, yes, that opinion is only based on what I have seen twice from Sealy and once from Bellville. IMO, Sealy was better last year and Bellville is still not the Bellville of old. Now, don't get me wrong, both teams are pretty darn good but not the dominant teams that I have seen from both programs in the past.

As I have stated in some of my other posts, our top two backs didn't play in the La Grange game. Ask around, they are a huge part of the Rattler offense. So, without them playing, I expect the Rattlers to struggle in the running game. But, both are healthy and are ready to go when needed.

As far a Sealy's running game goes, we will see about that in three weeks.

Pudlugger
10-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Well it will certainly be an exciting game and will garner a lot of attention around the region. Good luck the rest of the way with Smithville and Giddings. Both are going to be tough opponents but I think Navasota will win out.

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Well it will certainly be an exciting game and will garner a lot of attention around the region. Good luck the rest of the way with Smithville and Giddings. Both are going to be tough opponents but I think Navasota will win out.

Thanks man. I still think that La Grange can win out as well. Good luck to you guys as well.

zebrablue2
10-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Congrats to the Tigers. Proud of my Bulls! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way...

Bull's-eye
10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Dear Bellville,
Please tell your coach to take his antics back to 2A. Spending the game on the numbers, and at one point being on all fours pounding the ground is not only comicial, but also embarrassing for a storied program like Bellville.
That is all. Carry On.

Didn't a certain coach get tossed out of a Wimberley game last year?

BrahmaMom
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, that one leaves a sickness in my stomach. Good game to Sealy, y'all played tough and your defense was quick closing on the ball carrier and QB on passes. Your D line wreaked havoc all night for the Brahma offense and that threw us off for most of the game. But, IMO the deciding factor was the blocked punt which led to the winning TD. The Bulls had all of the momentum until that play and then couldn't get going on offense to make the cliche comeback. Once again, congratulations to Sealy on a great win and a great game, one of the best games I've seen in a while.

Tiger Dad
10-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Didn't a certain coach get tossed out of a Wimberley game last year?Yes he did on a game deciding blown call. He did not stay on the field the entire game. He certainly didn't get on his hands and knees and pound the ground like a spoiled 3 yr old. What a big baby. My hat is off to your team they played tough and have made a tremendous turn around from last year. I wanted to post about this last night but all of you have made no excuses and took the loss in stride so I didn't want to tarnish an otherwise sportsman like thread. Good luck to your boys in the playoffs !

Bull's-eye
10-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I actually don't have a problem with a coach displaying his emotions & fighting for what he believes is right. I don't have all the facts, but the official must of initially erred by calling the penalty on Bellville. They did finally mark off the yards against the Tigers. I can see where the opposing fans don't like the emotional displays, but it goes both ways. When your coach is chewing out a referee, it's like go get'em coach, but when the opposing coach is doing it, he's a big cry baby.

Tiger Dad
10-22-2011, 03:14 PM
I actually don't have a problem with a coach displaying his emotions & fighting for what he believes is right. I don't have all the facts, but the official must of initially erred by calling the penalty on Bellville. They did finally mark off the yards against the Tigers. I can see where the opposing fans don't like the emotional displays, but it goes both ways. When your coach is chewing out a referee, it's like go get'em coach, but when the opposing coach is doing it, he's a big cry baby.

On his hands and knees pounding on the ground out at the numbers. Looked like his mommy said it was time for bed and he didn't want to go. 95% of the games I've seen that would have been an ejection.
Be a man and stay on your feet and argue your point, what a clown.

sTxforlife
10-22-2011, 03:20 PM
im not gonna lie the coach acting like a child was funny, if that was jimmie he woulda been ejected

Bull's-eye
10-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I went back to last year's Wimberley/Sealy thread, posters on one side saying the coach is backing his players. The opposing side is saying he is making a fool of himself. I guess it depends on what side you are on?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?106891-Region-III-Week-4-GotW-Sealy-(4-0)-Wimberley-(4-0)/page11

Manso/V8
10-22-2011, 04:28 PM
im not gonna lie the coach acting like a child was funny, if that was jimmie he woulda been ejected

I can just sense that yall are trying to hold back some smack talk bubbling to the surface, hold it in.........I have done my best to have Sealy's back against outsiders, you should want to keep me/us on your side in the long run.

Coach Rowe is intense during games and the players respect him.........just like you respected Jimmie for what he did last year.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the ground slap was to make a point on an intentional grounding flag against Sealy that was picked up, and after Rowe made his case they went ahead and enforced the initial flag......so it could fall in to the category of sticking up for right and wrong for the team. I don't know what constitutes grounds for ejection but I would guess it to be along the lines of language and personal verbal attacks, physical intimidation of an official, or repeating actions after a warning........and Rowe abides by the rules and is a clean talking man. Jimmie seems like a great guy and I know he is a great coach, but likely not as nimble as Rowe, so maybe that is why he hasn't added the ground slap to his playbook.

Was it Jimmie that helped one of your injured lineman (#77?) off the field during the Columbus game?.........a demonstration of how much he cares for the players. What is the status on that player? Hope he has a quick recovery.

I didn't notice any injuries in last night's game, it that is true, we can all be greatfull for that.

Tiger Dad
10-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I can just sense that yall are trying to hold back some smack talk bubbling to the surface, hold it in.........I have done my best to have Sealy's back against outsiders, you should want to keep me/us on your side in the long run.

Coach Rowe is intense during games and the players respect him.........just like you respected Jimmie for what he did last year.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the ground slap was to make a point on an intentional grounding flag against Sealy that was picked up, and after Rowe made his case they went ahead and enforced the initial flag......so it could fall in to the category of sticking up for right and wrong for the team. I don't know what constitutes grounds for ejection but I would guess it to be along the lines of language and personal verbal attacks, physical intimidation of an official, or repeating actions after a warning........and Rowe abides by the rules and is a clean talking man. Jimmie seems like a great guy and I know he is a great coach, but likely not as nimble as Rowe, so maybe that is why he hasn't added the ground slap to his playbook.

Was it Jimmie that helped one of your injured lineman (#77?) off the field during the Columbus game?.........a demonstration of how much he cares for the players. What is the status on that player? Hope he has a quick recovery.

I didn't notice any injuries in last night's game, it that is true, we can all be greatfull for that.#77 tore his ACL and is out for the season, we will miss him good player and better kid. Last night #11 hurt his shoulder,not sure how severally, he is also our deep snapper and you saw how that affected our PAT's. You have had our backs and I really wish yall the best in the playoffs. If yall aren't playing us yall are my favorite team. Represent for Austin County.

BrahmaMom
10-22-2011, 06:02 PM
The Austin County rivialry has certainly become a more civilized one for the most part, and I am glad. I was a tad surprised Coach Rowe didn't get a warning, but he was in fact defending his team. Both teams and coaches are talented and should have a future in the playoffs. Good luck to both for an injury-free season and hope #11 is well and #77 has a good ACL repair. Focus on the next game, Brahmas!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I went back to last year's Wimberley/Sealy thread, posters on one side saying the coach is backing his players. The opposing side is saying he is making a fool of himself. I guess it depends on what side you are on?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?106891-Region-III-Week-4-GotW-Sealy-(4-0)-Wimberley-(4-0)/page11

Bulls eye you are right I guess the sealy fans forgot Jimmy acted the same way last year and got ejected from the game and also suspended for the next game! Jimmy is a very good person and coach, he was just standing up for his team what he thought was rigth, so was our coach!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2011, 09:39 PM
On his hands and knees pounding on the ground out at the numbers. Looked like his mommy said it was time for bed and he didn't want to go. 95% of the games I've seen that would have been an ejection.
Be a man and stay on your feet and argue your point, what a clown.

Here is a quote from a Wimberly fan after last years game:

Jumping up and down in the middle of the field, getting flags thrown 3 times because you continue to cuss the refs and being removed by officers of the law qualifies as being an @$$ in anyones books. He hurt your reputation.

This is all posted on last years game between Sealy and Wimberly.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2011, 10:22 PM

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?106891-Region-III-Week-4-GotW-Sealy-(4-0)-Wimberley-(4-0)/page11 here is the thread.

Tejastrue
10-22-2011, 11:04 PM

Man I want to share my 2 cents but we may end up playing one of you guys....I'll bite my tongue...:wave:

trojandad
10-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Man I want to share my 2 cents but we may end up playing one of you guys....I'll bite my tongue...:wave:

you and me, we have a hard time with our 2 cents, huh?....personally i get a kick outta your two cents, especially after a close game with sealy....LOL

Tejastrue
10-22-2011, 11:31 PM
you and me, we have a hard time with our 2 cents, huh?....personally i get a kick outta your two cents, especially after a close game with sealy....LOL

Well TD, I feel I've shown great restraint, especially after hearing the Sealy announcer's "monkey comment" when talking about the Bellville coach's antics...I had deja vu of Howard Cosell's big blunder...

Manso/V8
10-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Well TD, I feel I've shown great restraint, especially after hearing the Sealy announcer's "monkey comment" when talking about the Bellville coach's antics...I had deja vu of Howard Cosell's big blunder...

....."monkey comment", was that made by the Sealy radio commentator? do tell, that might make it worth my time to listen to the archived broadcast..........hmmm, maybe compare it to the archived Bellville broadcast.....everybody has their perception of a given situation. Coach Rowe is pretty intense in his discussions with referees. he's not looking for an advantage, he just wants the calls made correctly. I was along the fence and could hear parts of his chat with the officials, and it was all about getting the calls right, clean talk.........which honestly they were having a tough time doing.........to be clear, I am not saying it was one-sided, it is just that in a game like that, missed calls have an impact/are noticed more, or at least seem to have more of an impact since everybody is on the edge of their seat for every snap.

trojandad
10-23-2011, 12:21 AM
i was actually watching that monday night game when he referred to washington as a little monkey....if anyone loved giving cosell hell it was me, but that guy was no more a racist than he was a southerner....heres hoping the commentator was just as innocent....

Manso/V8
10-23-2011, 12:42 AM
pretty sure that was not intended nor interpreted as a racial slur

tiger pride
10-23-2011, 07:40 AM
I have beeen a lurker on this board for over three years. I finally decided to break down and register. I must say I enjoy the insight of many of the posters.

In regards to the game this past Friday, I think one aspect that has not been discussed is the amount of injuries/illness that Sealy endured coming into this game. When I got to the game, one of our offensive linemans dad told me that we had three offensive line starters out for the game due to injury/illness and that we only had six offensive linemen suited up for the game. In addition, our best conerback did not play due to an injury in the Columbus game, and then we lost our deep snapper midway thru the 1st quarter.

I was very proud how our young men stood up and played despite these setbacks. It was apparent that our offensive line had some moments where they struggled, but they continued to battle. Coming into the game, our kicker had only missed one PAT, it became obvious that the injury to our deep snapper had an impact on our kicking game.

Saying all of that, I thought both teams played a hard fought game. Other than the first five minutes of the second half where Bellville returned the 2nd half kickoff for a touchdown, stop Sealy's initial drive and drove 35 yards to kick a field goal, I thought Sealy controlled the game. Sealy scored 3 offensive touchdowns; Bellville scored zero offensive touchdowns.

As for the antics of the Bellville coach, I thought it was a little over the top; but not reason to make a big issue out of.

Looking down the road, I believe Bellville will win their first round playoff game, and then run into the buzz saw called Coldspring. I believe Sealy will have their hands full with Navasota and have a difficult time getting past the first round. I hope I am wrong on both teams.

Once again, I enjoy reading the board. I look forward to having future discussions with many of you.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the site Tiger Pride, great post to start your new "Addiction". Just kidding, but this site will have you coming back for more.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Saying all of that, I thought both teams played a hard fought game. Other than the first five minutes of the second half where Bellville returned the 2nd half kickoff for a touchdown, stop Sealy's initial drive and drove 35 yards to kick a field goal, I thought Sealy controlled the game. Sealy scored 3 offensive touchdowns; Bellville scored zero offensive touchdowns.

I will disagree about Sealy controlling the game, I think both teams had their spurts, but can't say any team was controlling the game. It is true that Sealy scored the 3 offensive TD's, but Bellville was very close to scoring 2, but settled for 2 short FG's. Another drive in Sealy territory was stopped by a Bellville fumble. Two of the Sealy's TD's were the result of a short field, the last being when they blocked the punt. Looking at the stats, teams were just about dead even.

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2011, 09:43 AM
I have beeen a lurker on this board for over three years. I finally decided to break down and register. I must say I enjoy the insight of many of the posters.

In regards to the game this past Friday, I think one aspect that has not been discussed is the amount of injuries/illness that Sealy endured coming into this game. When I got to the game, one of our offensive linemans dad told me that we had three offensive line starters out for the game due to injury/illness and that we only had six offensive linemen suited up for the game. In addition, our best conerback did not play due to an injury in the Columbus game, and then we lost our deep snapper midway thru the 1st quarter.

I was very proud how our young men stood up and played despite these setbacks. It was apparent that our offensive line had some moments where they struggled, but they continued to battle. Coming into the game, our kicker had only missed one PAT, it became obvious that the injury to our deep snapper had an impact on our kicking game.

As for the antics of the Bellville coach, I thought it was a little over the top; but not reason to make a big issue out of.

Looking down the road, I believe Bellville will win their first round playoff game, and then run into the buzz saw called Coldspring. I believe Sealy will have their hands full with Navasota and have a difficult time getting past the first round. I hope I am wrong on both teams.

Once again, I enjoy reading the board. I look forward to having future discussions with many of you.

That first round game could be Giddings.... That will not be easy.

duckhunter
10-23-2011, 09:48 AM

navasota is the big school, not giddings.....pretty much set in stone it will be sealy v the rattlers

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2011, 09:51 AM
navasota is the big school, not giddings.....pretty much set in stone it will be sealy v the rattlers

I was speaking of Bellville.

As of right now:

Div I: Navasota v Sealy
Div II: Giddings v Bellville
Div II: Smithville v Royal

tiger pride
10-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Bellville only had one long sustained drive the entire game. One of Bellville's field goal drives began at the Sealy 45 yrd line. The fumble happened at the Sealy 40 yrd line; not deep in Sealy territory.

I never felt like Sealy felt threatened in the first half; they controlled the game the way they wanted it to go. I felt Bellville looked uncomfortable playing from behind. I believe Sealy took them out of the rythem, thus the frustration of the coach.

I do not believe Bellville was use to playing in a close game. Sealy has played numerous close games. Going into the game, several people I spoke to thought that if the game was close in the 4th qtr, it would be to Sealy's advantage.

My feelings are that Bellville had the better interior lines(offensive and defensive) and special teams, however, Sealy had the better skill position players.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Good points, but Bellville probably had their best drive going before they lost the fumble. I believe that drive started on their own 2 yard line. IMO, besides the blocked punt, Sealy's goal line defense was the reason the Tigers won the game. Both defenses stepped up and played better than most people expected, with both offenses having games far below their averages. Sealy ended up with 268 total yards to Bellville's 260.

This was the first time Bellville was behind, but that didn't last too long. Sealy scored first with 7:13 of the 2nd Qtr remaining and was leading 6-3 at half. Bellville ran the kickoff back to start the 3rd Qtr and had the lead until 2:34 reamaining in the game.

Manso/V8
10-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Giddings, or Smithville.....neither game would be easy.

duckhunter
10-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Giddings, or Smithville.....neither game would be easy.

or La Grange.:eek:

Manso/V8
10-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Bellville only had one long sustained drive the entire game. One of Bellville's field goal drives began at the Sealy 45 yrd line. The fumble happened at the Sealy 40 yrd line; not deep in Sealy territory.

I never felt like Sealy felt threatened in the first half; they controlled the game the way they wanted it to go. I felt Bellville looked uncomfortable playing from behind. I believe Sealy took them out of the rythem, thus the frustration of the coach.

I do not believe Bellville was use to playing in a close game. Sealy has played numerous close games. Going into the game, several people I spoke to thought that if the game was close in the 4th qtr, it would be to Sealy's advantage.

My feelings are that Bellville had the better interior lines(offensive and defensive) and special teams, however, Sealy had the better skill position players.

Sealy's experience in big/close games was good for them. I don't agree that Sealy never felt threatened in the first half or controlled the game the way they wanted it to go........unless they planned to be behind with less than 3 minutes to go in the 4th and then block a punt. If so, congrats to them for the style points!
Bellville felt pretty good about closing it out until that blocked punt. I agree that Bellville is not as experienced or prepared to get that late game must score.....which presented itsself after Sealy's go ahead TD.........nice pass play by the way. Just my opinion on the emotional swings of the game.

The first key was Sealy bearing down and stopping Bellville on the goal line/red zone twice. The second key was Sealy shutting down Bellville's running game in the second half. The stats were similar for both teams, but I imagine that the second half stats didn't look too good for Bellville's running game. I don't know if Sealy made adjustments at half, but my feeling is that RSJ and Davis shut down our outside game, forcing us to try to run up the middle without much success. The long and short of it, we didn't have an answer to Sealy's defense.

In the end, neither team dominated the other. The Bellville fumble in the first half stopped a good drive and momentum, and the blocked punt late in a close game made the biggest difference.

I didn't have a good enough view to judge who had the better OL/DL, but I agree that Sealy had the more powerful skill position players. I am sure it will at least interesting next year as well.

Sorry to hear about the injuries. I think we came out relatively unscathed.

tiger pride
10-23-2011, 08:31 PM
It's nothing about style points. I said Sealy did not feel threatened in the first half. Go back and read my quote. It was 6 - 3 at the half and it took a rollout heeve of a pass of 50 yards to get Bellville into field goal range. I am merely stating that at the half, Sealy felt pretty good about how the 1st half went. They thought it went in their favor.

The injuries did not happen in this game. The injuries occurrec in the Columbus game other than the deep snapper.

Red Bull
10-24-2011, 07:41 AM
In my opinion the game came down to Bellville's drive right before the blocked punt. Had Bellville gotten a first down there the game would have been over. Sealy stopped us and then the blocked punt. In big time games, big time players make big time plays. Sealy made the plays in the end so congrats to them. Coach Rowe will make sure Bellville learns from this game and they will be better next time because of it.

I am very proud of the way Bellville played and the way Coach Rowe fought for what he thought was right. This was a big time game and unfortunately had a below average officating crew.

OLE'BULL
10-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Not happy about the outcome of this one:crying:! The officials were definately not the best, but if we execute, we wouldnt have to resort to blaming the refs. Sealys D came out prepared for us better than anyone all season. They were quick to the ball, kept outside contain (unlike us) and got pressure when we passed. RSJ was good, not great. We did a fantastic job containing him. I dont think he rushed for 100 yds, even with the long TD run. The problem with him is.... he is coming back next year! I imagine he will only be bigger, faster, and stronger and will be a stud next season as well. I am proud of the way we fought, didnt let the hype get us, etc. I also like the way Rowe fights for his team. Sometimes he toes the line, but fighting for those calls could end up making a difference in the game. Passion is something that we lacked the last couple of years, and he has brought it back. We got two games left, Brookshire and Stafford. All we need to do is win one and we are in the playoffs. We should win both and finish up at 9-1. Not anything to hang our heads about. Hats of to the Tigers, good luck in the playoffs. Bellville, keep your heads up, move on, and finish strong....

TigerPride12
10-24-2011, 08:35 AM
This was a classic game that will go down as one of the best games in this rivalry's history! I do believe both teams defense stepped it up and played very well! I think one thing that everyone is overlooking is field position. Sealy was able to pin Bellville inside the 10 twice and force them to make big plays. Sealy was also in their own territory several times but not as deep. IMO Bellville's punter and kicker has a really really strong leg. However, Sealy's punter and kicker were able to kick it in the right spots. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way!

OLE'BULL
10-24-2011, 09:06 AM
This was a classic game that will go down as one of the best games in this rivalry's history! I do believe both teams defense stepped it up and played very well! I think one thing that everyone is overlooking is field position. Sealy was able to pin Bellville inside the 10 twice and force them to make big plays. Sealy was also in their own territory several times but not as deep. IMO Bellville's punter and kicker has a really really strong leg. However, Sealy's punter and kicker were able to kick it in the right spots. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way!

+1. This was the first Brahma game in more than a few years that I did not miss a single second. Last couple years, we usually left a few minutes early to beat the crowd since we were usually losing. This year, we have been blowing people out, so I leave early. Friday night, I was 30 minutes early and stayed through our school song. Thats what the Mill Creek rivalry is all about. Hopefully this rivalry will remain competitive for many years to come!

tigerball4life
10-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Good game by both teams, a few of points in my opinion
1rst. I applaud Coach Rowe for fighting for what he thought was right (or in this case wrong) I however do not condone his behavior (nor do I condone Mitchells last year) there are ways to argue your point without using profanity or acting like spoiled child. I believe at some point your players see this behavior as the way to get your point across and start to “whine”, which takes away from the hours of hard work and preparation, many players try to get their opponents in this frame of mind to take them out of the game,
2nd. For those that feel RSJ isn’t as billed perhaps a look into why is in order. Last week the starting center #77 went out for the season and his backups did a fair job blocking but I believe the enormity of this game made them nervous and all 3 centers tried could not get the snaps back as designed, they were either low, high or floated back to RSJ causing the timing on 85% of every play to be way off, which is a testament to RSJ ability to overcome and execute. I promise you had he snaps been better he would have been able to read the play instead of react to the “blown” play you would have a better opinion of his skill level. I believe this was also why Davis didn’t have a better game as well, it appeared that on several plays the ball was to handed to Davis but the poor snaps caused Davis to be ahead of the hand off before RSJ could get him the ball causing RSJ to have to “keep” and go where there weren’t any blockers assigned
We will be pulling (again) for Stafford to win this week which would create a 3 way tie for 3rd, if Stafford can get into the playoffs Sealy will go DII, not that that is any easier but it would take the Navasota block out of the picture.
I see a good Bellville team this year and wonder how many will be back next year with 1 year of Rowe experience.

That’s all for now, I have tried to just be a reader this year because once you post something on here the experts come out of the woodwork and are all over you like cockroaches. Not that I am against a good debate but several of we Sealy members decided after last year we would not add fuel to the fire and be this year’s Brownwood or Sealy’s version of Axeman.
Good Luck to both teams in the playoffs

teetle
10-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Just remembers wheres yous heard it. Jimmie he got something for you. Yous not gonna like it. He wills makes you likes it.:ack!::ack!::ack!:

OLE'BULL
10-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Good game by both teams, a few of points in my opinion
1rst. I applaud Coach Rowe for fighting for what he thought was right (or in this case wrong) I however do not condone his behavior (nor do I condone Mitchells last year) there are ways to argue your point without using profanity or acting like spoiled child. I believe at some point your players see this behavior as the way to get your point across and start to “whine”, which takes away from the hours of hard work and preparation, many players try to get their opponents in this frame of mind to take them out of the game,
2nd. For those that feel RSJ isn’t as billed perhaps a look into why is in order. Last week the starting center #77 went out for the season and his backups did a fair job blocking but I believe the enormity of this game made them nervous and all 3 centers tried could not get the snaps back as designed, they were either low, high or floated back to RSJ causing the timing on 85% of every play to be way off, which is a testament to RSJ ability to overcome and execute. I promise you had he snaps been better he would have been able to read the play instead of react to the “blown” play you would have a better opinion of his skill level. I believe this was also why Davis didn’t have a better game as well, it appeared that on several plays the ball was to handed to Davis but the poor snaps caused Davis to be ahead of the hand off before RSJ could get him the ball causing RSJ to have to “keep” and go where there weren’t any blockers assigned
We will be pulling (again) for Stafford to win this week which would create a 3 way tie for 3rd, if Stafford can get into the playoffs Sealy will go DII, not that that is any easier but it would take the Navasota block out of the picture.
I see a good Bellville team this year and wonder how many will be back next year with 1 year of Rowe experience.

That’s all for now, I have tried to just be a reader this year because once you post something on here the experts come out of the woodwork and are all over you like cockroaches. Not that I am against a good debate but several of we Sealy members decided after last year we would not add fuel to the fire and be this year’s Brownwood or Sealy’s version of Axeman.

Ya I agree with RSJ struggling b/c of the poor snapping. I was wondering what was going on, didint know the center was hurt until after the game. I thought we were gonna end up falling on one of those for sure...

Bull's-eye
10-24-2011, 11:59 AM
On Sealy's TD pass, I remember a Tiger player running off the field just before the snap. Just asking the question, but wouldn't that be illegal substitution (12 men in the huddle)? Maybe somebody with access to the game film or officiating experience can clear this up?

tiger pride
10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
We do not huddle, so it would not apply. That is why you see the QB for teams that do huddle stand out of the huddle until substitutions are made.

Red Bull
10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
You are right tiger pride. Sealy did not huddle that play. That is one the refs got right.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2011, 03:59 PM
You are right tiger pride. Sealy did not huddle that play. That is one the refs got right.
If a team doesn't huddle, can they line up 12 players & then hurry one off before the snap? I would think a team that doesn't huddle would still have some rule that would prevent them from having more than 11 players on the field or give the defense an opportunity to match their substitution.

tiger pride
10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Refs cost you the game? Really? I hope that is not where this is going.

BTW, we had nearly twice as many penalties in the game as Bellville(9 to 5).

tiger pride
10-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Bulls Eye
When an offensive team does not huddle and makes substitutions, the back judge will stand over the ball and give the defensive team an opportunity to make defensive substitutions.

If the offensive team does not huddle and does not make any substitutions, then the back judge does not stand over the ball. This is what got A&M in trouble with their sub packages against OSU. They were trying to make sub changes when OSU did not sub.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Refs cost you the game? Really? I hope that is not where this is going.

BTW, we had nearly twice as many penalties in the game as Bellville(9 to 5).

Huh?? I was just asking a question about a certain play, I heard a few fans say that should of been a penalty & I wanted an explanation. I'm not a referee, just trying to get a ruling.

tiger pride
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Bulls Eye
I was not referring to you.

Manso/V8
10-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Just remembers wheres yous heard it. Jimmie he got something for you. Yous not gonna like it. He wills makes you likes it.:ack!::ack!::ack!:

Teetle - you aren't using nearly as many superfluous s'es in your posts. What's up?

FbCoachB40
10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
If a team doesn't huddle, can they line up 12 players & then hurry one off before the snap? I would think a team that doesn't huddle would still have some rule that would prevent them from having more than 11 players on the field or give the defense an opportunity to match their substitution.

The rule concerning substitutions with no huddle teams goes like this:

A no huddle team can substitute at any time as long as the center has not placed his hand on the ball - which he had not on that play.

Bull's-eye
10-25-2011, 10:58 AM
The rule concerning substitutions with no huddle teams goes like this:

A no huddle team can substitute at any time as long as the center has not placed his hand on the ball - which he had not on that play.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Red Bull
10-25-2011, 01:49 PM
tiger pride,

The refs did not cost Bellville the game. Bellville could have won the game with one more first down with 3 minutes to go or perhaps not allowing the punt to be blocked. Even then they could have defended their goal against a score or scored on their last drive to win. Do any one of these things and perhaps you win thus overcoming the questionable officiating. There will most always be questionable calls in a high school football game or any for that matter. You just have to over come it.

It is dissappointing (as Sealy experienced last year at Wimberly) when you see certain things called and not called and then you loose. That kind of makes the questionable officiating stand out a little more.

tiger pride
10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Red Bull
In my 40 plus years of following high school football, I do not particpate or advocate the "ref excuse". Once again, if you feel better playing the "questionable officiating" card, then by all means, go ahead and play it.

What I know is that we won the game without five key players in this game. Good luck the rest of the year.

Red Bull
10-25-2011, 04:20 PM
tp,

Did you not even read my post? I clearly state the officiating did not cost Bellville the ballgame.

Since you brought up the injuries, I will mention that Bellville was without a few key players as well. One was the beginning of the season QB, punter and kicker. The other was a starting LB.

No excuses here though on this end. Sealy won and Bellville lost. Enough said on this matter and off to the next game.

OLE'BULL
10-25-2011, 04:30 PM
tp,

Did you not even read my post? I clearly state the officiating did not cost Bellville the ballgame.

Since you brought up the injuries, I will mention that Bellville was without a few key players as well. One was the beginning of the season QB, punter and kicker. The other was a starting LB.

No excuses here though on this end. Sealy won and Bellville lost. Enough said on this matter and off to the next game.

+1! I have been very pleased with the way Reese has handled the offense. Was Fuchs a better passer? Probably so. Either way we have played all season with our "back up" QB and have done quite well! I would not wish a serious football injury on my worst enemy, but how good would Sealy be without RSJ? Not trying to start anything AT ALL. Just curious. I think their back up is supposed to be a pretty decent QB and actually came in for a portion of a drive when the Sealy O was stalling.

Bull's-eye
10-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Navasota is a very good team, but going DII would put the Tigers on course to play Coldspring in the 2nd round.

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2011, 05:47 PM
+1! I have been very pleased with the way Reese has handled the offense. Was Fuchs a better passer? Probably so. Either way we have played all season with our "back up" QB and have done quite well! I would not wish a serious football injury on my worst enemy, but how good would Sealy be without RSJ? Not trying to start anything AT ALL. Just curious. I think their back up is supposed to be a pretty decent QB and actually came in for a portion of a drive when the Sealy O was stalling.

For the few plays that the backup QB played for Sealy, I thought that he was doing pretty good out there. I wonder if Sealy will use both QB's through out the game if they already haven't. (?)

OLE'BULL
10-26-2011, 07:43 AM
For the few plays that the backup QB played for Sealy, I thought that he was doing pretty good out there. I wonder if Sealy will use both QB's through out the game if they already haven't. (?)

I agree. He looked confident and didnt seem flustered by getting thrown in there. It must be something they do more than just against us...

tigerball4life
10-26-2011, 08:20 AM
# 14 Ryan Klepser is our “backup” QB and when he is in we have a more diverse offense (IMO) primarily because RSJ is split out and commands double coverage along with the other receivers Simpson, Vertiel, RJ Cardel or Bonner there are plenty of targets for a good passer like Klepser AND it opens the running lanes for Davis (who only needs a small crease) to run wild. Klepser is smart, athletic and strong, he could play for many teams and is very capable of running the Sealy high powered attack, at 6”3” once he gets in stride is pretty quick as well.
Many Tiger fans wish he would play more to get experience “just in case” , I know the comment was what would we do without RSJ and had to use Klepser without the having RSJ being double covered, I believe you put Bonner out there and opponents will quickly see he too will need to be doubled. Our big concern is finding a center and how bad is Simpson’s injury, Simpson is the deep snapper and a quality receiver and we all saw how that went after he went down.

Good luck to all teams and stay injury free so this remains a “what if” subject.