PDA

View Full Version : High School Coach beaten by opposing players

Tx Challenge
10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/high-school-coach-badly-1203243.html

Sad.

Emerson1
10-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Headline doesn't really reflect what happened. It was his team that started the attacking it's not like he was just randomly beaten. At least that's what it sounds like, it's a pretty poorly written article.

Pudlugger
10-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Emerson1 it is clear from the article what happened. The winning team was the visiting team and they were locked out of the locker room after the Homecoming game. Then 30 of the home team players attacked them and one of them crushed the coach's face with a blow from a helmet. Reconstructive surgery was performed for multiple fractures of facial bones below the eye. This sounds like a planned attack against the rival team and some folks need to go to jail. This is very disturbing to say the least.

Tx Challenge
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Point is a coach got beat. Too much BS after the game. A HS coach has no input on what the admins do. He is on the field. Too much crap on all levels In the Georgia/Vandy game, or in the NFL the 49ers/Detroit game this past weekend.

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Emerson1 it is clear from the article what happened. The winning team was the visiting team and they were locked out of the locker room after the Homecoming game. Then 30 of the home team players attacked them and one of them crushed the coach's face with a blow from a helmet. Reconstructive surgery was performed for multiple fractures of facial bones below the eye. This sounds like a planned attack against the rival team and some folks need to go to jail. This is very disturbing to say the least.

first off the article is only one side...I dont see anything that even says was the blow to the coach an attack on him or was he hit by someone attacking another..Not sure what says planned other than the door locked but that happens ALOT as most fieldhouses are locked during games to prevent theft

I would like to hear the other side of this story

Tx Challenge
10-17-2011, 10:46 PM
first off the article is only one side...I dont see anything that even says was the blow to the coach an attack on him or was he hit by someone attacking another..Not sure what says planned other than the door locked but that happens ALOT as most fieldhouses are locked during games to prevent theft

I would like to hear the other side of this story

Game was over. No matter what. LEAVE THE FIELD

Leopard4Life
10-17-2011, 11:21 PM

I agree with Emerson1, it was poorly written. The headline made it sound like a coach was targeted for the beating and not just part of an after game fight. If it was titled "Two teams fight and coach is injured" it probably wouldn't have to the hits and readership. Once I read the article I understood what happened, it just had a misleading headline. TxBroadcaster is also correct about the other side of the story. There are always three sides to a story, the I said/we said and the truth...

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 11:29 PM

they did leave the field..but without the other side of the story we are getting one slant...did the visitor tell the home team hey have that locker room open as soon as the clock hits zero? We dont know because we are getting one side of the story

Tx Challenge
10-17-2011, 11:36 PM
they did leave the field..but without the other side of the story we are getting one slant...did the visitor tell the home team hey have that locker room open as soon as the clock hits zero? We dont know because we are getting one side of the story

Fair enough. Visitor side closed. IDK, but I guess if the visitor side is closed, we just got beat the ----out of the coach. Good thinking

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Fair enough. Visitor side closed. IDK, but I guess if the visitor side is closed, we just got beat the ----out of the coach. Good thinking

Again ur assuming the article is 100% right when we are not getting both sides...All i want to hear is both sides.

Tx Challenge
10-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Again ur assuming the article is 100% right when we are not getting both sides...All i want to hear is both sides.

Wrong. I assume nothing. I read the article and posted it. I was not there, could care less on the details. However, I really cant imagine any situation where it is ok to send a coach to the E.R.

Emerson1
10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Wrong. I assume nothing. I read the article and posted it. I was not there, could care less on the details. However, I really cant imagine any situation where it is ok to send a coach to the E.R.
So you care a little?

If I getting attacked by the other team I am probably swinging at anything in that teams colors.

1st and goal
10-18-2011, 12:59 PM
The way it reads to me, it would be hard to prove whodunnit. That being said, I feel the home team should forfeit all games the remainder of the season or until whodunnit steps forward, pleads guilty and goes to jail. Maybe put their football season on the death penalty for at least 2 years to flush the toilet.

No matter how much taunting or smack talk, there is no reason good enough to fight after a game. As worked up as we get, it still is just a game.

trojandad
10-18-2011, 01:23 PM
is this one better?

http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2011/oct/17/5/warren-county-hs-football-coach-beaten-hospitalize-ar-2564037/

Tejastrue
10-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Looks to have been premeditated and the helmet (weapon) used with malicious intent regardless of whose face it ended up smashing... still too many questions unanswered...not sure what the sheriff's problem is unless he's trying to protect certain individuals...

trojandad
10-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Looks to have been premeditated and the helmet (weapon) used with malicious intent regardless of whose face it ended up smashing... still too many questions unanswered...not sure what the sheriff's problem is unless he's trying to protect certain individuals...

legally, i dont understand why they are waiting on the sheriff, hes obviously got a dog in this hunt, bring in your own people and research a civil suit, that will get things off dead center...the media sounds like they would run with anything a private investigator would come up with on this one....heck, if it was to take care of one of my own, id darn sure make sure i had a voice in this fray.....

Emerson1
10-19-2011, 01:26 PM
How can it be premeditated if they were the ones that got attacked?

ccmom
10-19-2011, 02:14 PM
How can it be premeditated if they were the ones that got attacked????

I'm not following you.

Emerson1
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM
He said it looked to be premeditated, but isn't the team that did the attacking the team whose coach was beaten?

ccmom
10-19-2011, 02:41 PM
He said it looked to be premeditated, but isn't the team that did the attacking the team whose coach was beaten? The way I understood it, the visiting team won the game handily, and then when they couldn't get into the locker room the home team attacked the visiting team, as well as the visiting coach. Maybe I misunderstood both articles, though.

Tejastrue
10-19-2011, 02:44 PM
He said it looked to be premeditated, but isn't the team that did the attacking the team whose coach was beaten?

Read the story again....

trojandad
10-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Read the story again....

maybe im misreading it, i thought they were looking into their own player(s) hitting their coach...what am i missing?

txb is right, that first one is written before the facts were had....

Tejastrue
10-19-2011, 04:49 PM
maybe im misreading it, i thought they were looking into their own player(s) hitting their coach...what am i missing?

txb is right, that first one is written before the facts were had....

From the last article...

Warren County School officials say the Hancock County football team attacked Warren County's players and coach by hitting them with their helmets. Now, they want the G-B-I to step in. Currently, the Hancock County Sheriff's Office is handling the investigation.