PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Buster Olney says with how the farm system is set up, the young talent at the majors, the money from the TV deal that they are set to be the dynasty of MLB for the next 7-10 years.

Phil C
10-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Go Rangers! Beat the Cardinals.

poisoned10
10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Hopefully I can score some World Series tickets to St. Louis. It's not but about 5 hours away from here. That would be SWEET!!!

StangEm
10-17-2011, 02:46 PM
I used to live off Cooper in Arlington. Would love to be back that way for the World Series. Where is the first game being played?

hollywood
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I used to live off Cooper in Arlington. Would love to be back that way for the World Series. Where is the first game being played?

1st 2 in St Louis

ExScoop
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I have a friend that lives in Ennis which is not too far from the ball park and has tickets

ronwx5x
10-17-2011, 05:02 PM
I have a friend that lives in Ennis which is not too far from the ball park and has tickets

Ennis is no where near the ball park. It is south of Dallas on I-45 and the Ball Park is in north Arlington. Closer than Hungerford though.

Roughneck93
10-17-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm going with Nolan's prediction of Rangers's in six. Let's hope for a good C.J. start in game one.

JJWalker
10-17-2011, 05:19 PM
I say the Rangers sweep the Cardinals.

Tin Cup
10-17-2011, 06:56 PM
I say the Rangers sweep the Cardinals.

NO WAY!!! Have you seen how good they've been playing. They are red hot and pitching has/can be excellent.

I'd say Rangers in 7

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
NO WAY!!! Have you seen how good they've been playing. They are red hot and pitching has/can be excellent.

I'd say Rangers in 7i'm hoping in 5 so they can celebrate in Arlington again but most likely a 6 or 7 game series.

mwynn05
10-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Ennis is no where near the ball park. It is south of Dallas on I-45 and the Ball Park is in north Arlington. Closer than Hungerford though. It's not far.... maybe an hour max

Emerson1
10-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Ennis is no where near the ball park. It is south of Dallas on I-45 and the Ball Park is in north Arlington. Closer than Hungerford though.
It's only 50 miles.

Tx Challenge
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
The Rangers are by far the better team. I think they win, but here is what scares me. The Cardinals seem to be a team of destiny. Things fell into place for them. They got healthy at the right time and Mother Nature really gave them a break in the sense of schedule. The Braves/Mets and Phillies/Marlins games had to be rescheduled because of the East Coast storm.

Luckily for the Cards, they go face the Braves after a day off, while the Braves had to fly to NY and play 2 (doubleheader) make up games. The next week same thing. The Phills, have to detour thier road trip to fly home on a day off to play 2 make up games (doubleheader) with the Marlins, then fly to STL to play the cards. The Cards had another off day!

Not taking anything away from the Cards though. They won the games they needed, beat 2 first place teams to get to the World Series.

RMAC
10-17-2011, 10:03 PM
The Rangers are by far the better team. I think they win, but here is what scares me. The Cardinals seem to be a team of destiny. Things fell into place for them. They got healthy at the right time and Mother Nature really gave them a break in the sense of schedule. The Braves/Mets and Phillies/Marlins games had to be rescheduled because of the East Coast storm.

Luckily for the Cards, they go face the Braves after a day off, while the Braves had to fly to NY and play 2 (doubleheader) make up games. The next week same thing. The Phills, have to detour thier road trip to fly home on a day off to play 2 make up games (doubleheader) with the Marlins, then fly to STL to play the cards. The Cards had another off day!

Not taking anything away from the Cards though. They won the games they needed, beat 2 first place teams to get to the World Series.

I don't buy that destiny stuff. The Rays had to have Boston fall apart for an entire month just to have a chance at the playoffs. Rangers in 6.

Tx Challenge
10-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Ok, Cards in 6

regaleagle
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm sure Wash, the team, and the organization would be satisfied to leave St Louis with a split for the first 2 games and consider the next 3 games in Arlington to be in their favor. Much like facing Verlander of Detroit, getting by Carpenter in the first game would energize the Rangers and give them a HUGE advantage, at least psychologically, for the rest of the series, regardless of who the Cards pitch against them.

waterboy
10-18-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm sure Wash, the team, and the organization would be satisfied to leave St Louis with a split for the first 2 games and consider the next 3 games in Arlington to be in their favor. Much like facing Verlander of Detroit, getting by Carpenter in the first game would energize the Rangers and give them a HUGE advantage, at least psychologically, for the rest of the series, regardless of who the Cards pitch against them.
NM.......just checked. I think the Rangers have to get a split in St. Louis. If they do, I think they win the series in 6. Otherwise, I think it will go 7.

Football DAD
10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Rangers...

SintonFan_inAustin
10-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Go Rangers! Beat the Cardinals.WTG PhilC! Beat the Cardinals :)