PDA

View Full Version : Like Turner Gilmer

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Out 6 weeks

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Out 6 weeks
Ike Turner, Like Turner, or Luke Turner! Hahahahaha, I like playing spelling police

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
HAHAHA just saw it..

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Ike Turner, Like Turner, or Luke Turner! Hahahahaha, I like playing spelling policeTina needs a black eye.

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Tina needs a black eye.
You just won me $ 20!!!! I bet TXB that you would be the first one to reply with a Ike/Tina Turner domestic violence joke!!!!!

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
You just won me $ 20!!!! I bet TXB that you would be the first one to reply with a Ike/Tina Turner domestic violence joke!!!!!I'll take my half, thanks.

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I'll take my half, thanks.
Can you put it on my tab?

pirate4state
10-17-2011, 11:05 AM
What happened to him?

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Can you put it on my tab?We'll call it a six pack of Shiner Blonde next time I see you.

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
We'll call it a six pack of Shiner Blonde next time I see you.
You got a dill pickle!

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 11:14 AM
What happened to him?

broken ankle

and please get this thread back on point fellows lol

this is a huge blow..takes them out of title contention IMO

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
broken ankle

and please get this thread back on point fellows lol

this is a huge blow..takes them out of title contention IMOThey just have to get to the third round....if he can rehab quickly and come back at full strength they still have a shot!

waterboy
10-17-2011, 12:13 PM
I agree with Old Tiger. The Buckeyes by no means are out of contention. They have a very capable backup in Jordan Traylor. Jordan doesn't have the speed of Luke, but I think he actually has a better arm. He has great touch on short passes, and he can run plenty well enough to keep defenses honest. Yes, losing Luke is a big blow, but it may not be as bad as people think. By the way, after Luke went down in the fourth quarter the other night. Jordan led the team down the field 63 yards to set up the game-winning field goal. Coming in cold like that, and getting the job done is amazing. He was 4-4 passing on the drive, and rushed a couple of times for about 11 yards.

By the way TxB, where did you get your information on the extent of his injury?

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree with Old Tiger. The Buckeyes by no means are out of contention. They have a very capable backup in Jordan Traylor. Jordan doesn't have the speed of Luke, but I think he actually has a better arm. He has great touch on short passes, and he can run plenty well enough to keep defenses honest. Yes, losing Luke is a big blow, but it may not be as bad as people think. By the way, after Luke went down in the fourth quarter the other night. Jordan led the team down the field 63 yards to set up the game-winning field goal. Coming in cold like that, and getting the job done is amazing. He was 4-4 passing on the drive, and rushed a couple of times for about 11 yards.

By the way TxB, where did you get your information on the extent of his injury?

from my super secret source lol

Coach Traylor told a bunch of us media folks today

icu812
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
I dont see this as that big of a set back. If any team has ever had a back up QB ready to go, the talent and system to just keep rolling, its Gilmer.

Buckeye80
10-17-2011, 11:48 PM
We lose vertical accuracy and break away speed. Instead of touchdowns, Jordan will get us first downs. He's not quite the "load" that Luke is, but is a more than capable QB. Don't forget that the two split time last year versus Atlanta because the race was too close to call from practice and scrimmages. Ultimately, Luke at QB and Jordan at WR turned out to be the best combination for the team. My question is, if Jordan goes 5-0, including a win over Henderson next week, does Luke automatically take over when he comes back? Don't forget that Luke had a great year at WR during the 09 State Championship run.

regaleagle
10-18-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm assuming Jordan is the coach's son, is that not true? If so, he should know the offensive calls well and be able to read the defenses no problem. Even though he qb'd before, anyone can be 'rusty' or unprepared coming into that situation. I must assume he is also the official 'back-up' qb for the team and does get some reps in practice. Obviously, Luke Turner is considered by most to be the better qb, and the team leader. I'm not certain what kind of negative effect this may have on the Gilmer team, but it is a setback of sorts, nonetheless.

buckeyebob
10-18-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm assuming Jordan is the coach's son, is that not true? If so, he should know the offensive calls well and be able to read the defenses no problem. Even though he qb'd before, anyone can be 'rusty' or unprepared coming into that situation. I must assume he is also the official 'back-up' qb for the team and does get some reps in practice. Obviously, Luke Turner is considered by most to be the better qb, and the team leader. I'm not certain what kind of negative effect this may have on the Gilmer team, but it is a setback of sorts, nonetheless.

Both are coaches sons...Traylor - Head Coach....Turner - Offensive Coordinator

Traylor may be rusty...perhaps we will see it this week when we meet Spring Hill...the rust did not show last week against Carthrage...marched down the field...SEEMLESS...field goal...we win!!