PDA

View Full Version : Coldspring Defense. Wow

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Check the last three weeks, 3 shutouts in a row!!!

Aug. 26, 2011 AT KIRBYVILLE NO W 49-6
Sep. 2, 2011 MADISONVILLE NO W 49-10
Sep. 9, 2011 AT CROCKETT NO W 60-20
Sep. 16, 2011 ORANGEFIELD NO W 50-0
Sep. 23, 2011 AT CLEVELAND TARKINGTON W 67-8
Sep. 30, 2011 SHEPHERD YES W 59-0
Oct. 7, 2011 AT SPLENDORA YES W 67-0
Oct. 14, 2011 CLEVELAND YES W 61-0

trojandad
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM

and each of the last 5 weeks weve held the other team with negative total yards going into the 4th qtr....

g2, have you been reading what orangefield has been doing since we saw them?

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 10:15 AM
and each of the last 5 weeks weve held the other team with negative total yards going into the 4th qtr....

g2, have you been reading what orangefield has been doing since we saw them?
Yeah I have! wow! Just like you said it would happen, alot like last year.

Bullaholic
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM

Dang, they have more shutouts than you got with girls in college, G2....:D

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Dang, they have more shutouts than you got with girls in college, G2....:D
:eek::eek:

Lions88
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
I dont mean to sound dumb, are any of these teams good?

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
I dont mean to sound dumb, are any of these teams good? I dont think so, however, orangefield only lost 17-14 to WOS and they lost 50-0 to Coldspring.

Even if you don't like common opponents, that says plenty.

Lions88
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks, just wondering :)

trojandad
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks, just wondering :)

both of crocketts backs will go dI next year, they are that good...theyll play until crockett loses to tatum again...

other than that, orangefield is lookin like they will take the 3rd spot in 21 3a.....

trojandad
10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah I have! wow! Just like you said it would happen, alot like last year.

i know, they just looked bad against us, theyre really a fairly decent team.....

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
both of crocketts backs will go dI next year, they are that good...theyll play until crockett loses to tatum again...

other than that, orangefield is lookin like they will take the 3rd spot in 21 3a.....

I Dont think Crockett will lose to Tatum if they meet this year

trojandad
10-17-2011, 10:47 AM

im taking it your opinion is that way because tatum is down or just wont be there to play the game at all?

oh, and sack count for coldspring defense for 1st 8 games---69 sacks---over 8/game....and were gonna have to start keeping a number of sacks for gilbert off the corner blitz, with his speed hes starting to accumulate them but i just dont have an individual number yet...

OldNavy
10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Coldspring's schedule has only 2 of 8 with winning records and a combined record of 17 wins - 35 losses. The winning programs are 2A Crockett, 5-1 and 3A Cleveland 5-2.

Alvarado's schedule has 5 of 7 with winning records and and a combined record of 25 wins - 25 losses. The winning programs are 3A Robinson, 4-2; Prosper, 5-2; Bridgeport, 5-3; Waco Connally, 4-3; and Kennedale, 4-3.

Just looking at schedules, it appears Alvarado's defensive performances has come against, if not better teams, at least more successful teams. The really good news is -- Playoffs Baby!!:cheerl:

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Coldspring's schedule has only 2 of 8 with winning records and a combined record of 17 wins - 35 losses. The winning programs are 2A Crockett, 5-1 and 3A Cleveland 5-2.

Alvarado's schedule has 5 of 7 with winning records and and a combined record of 25 wins - 25 losses. The winning programs are 3A Robinson, 4-2; Prosper, 5-2; Bridgeport, 5-3; Waco Connally, 4-3; and Kennedale, 4-3.

Just looking at schedules, it appears Alvarado's defensive performances has come against, if not better teams, at least more successful teams. The really good news is -- Playoffs Baby!!:cheerl:
Thats a good point on schedules. Ive seen alot of teams playing at 6-0 or 7-0 and went and saw them and said wow, they must have played a weak schedule because they arent impressive so it ends up being an empty 6-0 or 7-0. But....., I can tell you after seeing Coldspring, they are legit, big time legit, no mater how thier schedule had lined out.

trojandad
10-17-2011, 02:31 PM

agreed, but even records can be deceiving...once orangefield got into their district play they almost won over both silsbee and wo-s and beat jasper by 10, while in comparison silsbee beat cleveland by almost 30....so cleveland has a better current record while orangefield at 3 - 4 matches up much better with strength of schedule....

cowboyandchrist
10-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I am from Tatum and he may be right. We have one of the best players in the country in Overstreet, but as you well no , no one man can win in the playoffs. We have a good team, not as good as last year. We will go as far as Overstreet can take us. Will we beat Crockett, I think we can, but it will be a very good, hard fought ball game if we meet. Harmony beat us without Overstreet, he had a brusied thigh and did not play. If he plays in that game we win going away. We have a good defense that stops the run, but are young in the secondary.

cowboyandchrist
10-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Last year Cold Springs was very good, I watched them play Carthage for the ring. This year you may meet the Dawgs or Gilmer in the playoffs. The difference is both Gilmer and Carthage has played some of the best teams in the state and will be battled tested. Who ever plays for the ring this year, I still believe you will have to beat a team from the East to win it. If Cold Springs brings back a lot of players from last year, they should make it to the championship game.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Not to mention Alvarado has only given up 173 total yards in the past 3 games!! Thats not an average thats as a whole! That says something right there....

trojandad
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Not to mention Alvarado has only given up 173 total yards in the past 3 games!! Thats not an average thats as a whole! That says something right there....

and weve given up 169 total yards in the last FOUR games....sounds like were both having really good defensive runs....

SHSBulldog00
10-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Coldspring needs to be in a tougher district. Location....Location....Location

trojandad
10-17-2011, 10:11 PM
we all play the people in front of us....last year k'ville was a top 10 team when we played them twice....they could have been that tough when we played them this year, just the luck of the draw...

i still say crockett will go deep, and orangefield is proving not to have anyone else beat them by 50+....

ogg
10-17-2011, 10:29 PM
How will Coldspring and Hargrave matchup?

Gsquared
10-18-2011, 06:03 AM
How will Coldspring and Hargrave matchup?Trojandad told me Hargrave will be thier biggest test this year.

trojandad
10-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Trojandad told me Hargrave will be thier biggest test this year.

bambam has a son on their team and weve swapped info on them during the year, even he agrees that their defense is the only portion of huffmans game that has improved, that deberry and those two all state honorable mention receivers they lost last year was a ton to lose, but this barbers hill transfer qb doesnt have the numbers but within that system may be proving to be more patient than deberry was last year...one could watch deberry and see he was SO anxious to go downfield and HATED taking the open short option all night, but in the 4 passes he went downfield last year one was incomplete and we picked the other 3....

my opinion of the game is we still have substatial team speed on huffman and, in the end, thatll be their undoing...we have a bye week to prepare for their offense and while it will be the closest game we have before playoffs start, i still think it will be a win in the 30 pt range....playing at huffman is a good place for us, we like their turf....even if it was close, itd give us a chance to see how someone reacts having to face gilbert and monroe for a full game, something nobody has come close to doing yet this year....they will be our biggest test, but our biggest test so far this year is a 32 pt win against madisonville....

wimbo_pro
10-18-2011, 08:17 AM
bambam has a son on their team and weve swapped info on them during the year, even he agrees that their defense is the only portion of huffmans game that has improved, that deberry and those two all state honorable mention receivers they lost last year was a ton to lose, but this barbers hill transfer qb doesnt have the numbers but within that system may be proving to be more patient than deberry was last year...one could watch deberry and see he was SO anxious to go downfield and HATED taking the open short option all night, but in the 4 passes he went downfield last year one was incomplete and we picked the other 3....

my opinion of the game is we still have substatial team speed on huffman and, in the end, thatll be their undoing...we have a bye week to prepare for their offense and while it will be the closest game we have before playoffs start, i still think it will be a win in the 30 pt range....playing at huffman is a good place for us, we like their turf....even if it was close, itd give us a chance to see how someone reacts having to face gilbert and monroe for a full game, something nobody has come close to doing yet this year....they will be our biggest test, but our biggest test so far this year is a 32 pt win against madisonville....

Defense wins championships, plain and simple. ColdSpring is my fav to win R3.

trojandad
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM

sure would love meeting up with you guys again, would be fun...maybe this time at kyle field....

wimbo_pro
10-18-2011, 08:39 AM
sure would love meeting up with you guys again, would be fun...maybe this time at kyle field....

We have as good of a shot at winning R4 as anyone...some say more of a chance than anyone else. We need to get our consistency thing going before I will say we are ready for the run.

trojandad
10-18-2011, 09:11 AM
first injury concern this year, big #75 greg dunham, def lineman & place kicker, was recipient of a cheap shot on an xtra pt from a cleveland defender (it was flagged)...ive looked and looked and can find no status on him but he didnt play after that hit....first major player substantial injury in over a year for us....

wimbo_pro
10-18-2011, 09:42 AM
first injury concern this year, big #75 greg dunham, def lineman & place kicker, was recipient of a cheap shot on an xtra pt from a cleveland defender (it was flagged)...ive looked and looked and can find no status on him but he didnt play after that hit....first major player substantial injury in over a year for us....

Thats luck for you. You'll remember how bad things were for us last year, better this year but still not good. We just fight through it.

trojandad
10-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Thats luck for you. You'll remember how bad things were for us last year, better this year but still not good. We just fight through it.

oh yea, weve been blessed ever since we lost cummings for the 1st two games last yr and gilbert for the 1st three last year, made a fairly clean run after that....

Bambam
10-18-2011, 12:08 PM

True that the Huffman defense is more talented that last year. Huffman had a couple of transfers on D that made a big impact and know how to play the game. CS will be have more talent and speed than Huffman on both sides of the ball. What Huffman does well is play their spots and bring 11 men to the football. You rarely see Huffman D out of position. Defense will keep us in the game and prevent it from being a blowout.

Offensively, Huffman did indeed lose some big time receivers and it is hard to feel those shoes. They do have QB Townley, IMO is a better QB that Deberrry and does not make quite as many mistakes. Now he will get anxious and throw the ball down field, but will take what D gives him. WR Hardy is as good or better than any of the receivers from last year. This kid can play and has good speed. If he is given the edge, CS will not catch him, unless they do have the angle. O line has improved since day 1. They are not big but do block well head up. RB Grey is a beast! He does not get the touches from the spread, but is absolutely money and does not take direct hits. Very good vision.

This will be the biggest test for both teams. Both teams have blown out the opposition. The difference is CS had backups that can start for a majority of our district. They get up, first string goes out, and that train keeps rolling. They are an immpressive bunch NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! Cold Springs are on that title run and Huffman will make lots of noise in the playoffs. This district will be well represented going into the playoffs.

So come next Friday night, EXPECT some noise from both sides. It will be a gr8 game and will have playoff intensity. Huffman will have a bye before the playoffs. Probably will need it after this game with CS! Good luck to both teams and lets hope for a gr8 game injury free. I sincerely hope #75 gets well soon. Hate to hear about injuries! LOL.....As much film as my son and I have watched I feel I am prepared for the game!

Sportshack
10-18-2011, 12:09 PM
it certainly appears that Coldspring will be ther in the end based on who they got back and on teh way they are rolling teams. The only thing I saw about them last year was they were kinda one dimensional on offense on the whole. Therefore, IF a team could take away their run game, they might have a shot. Again the Cold-Spring defense was lights out last year and reportedly even better this year. And of course, a team would have to have MAD talent to shut down their run game. And even then, can one score on their defense...tall order...indeed. They got to be a favorite to win it all.