PDA

View Full Version : Dallas ve NE

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Once again Witten looks so small running after catch

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Only getting 3 points off those two turnovers is hurting bad right now.

Farmersfan
10-16-2011, 04:20 PM
It's amazing Dallas is still in this game after their horrible play so far. Maybe this game will be opposite of the others. Dallas plays terrible in first half and comes out and kills them in the second????? Maybe? It could happen.................:wave:

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 04:28 PM
It's amazing Dallas is still in this game after their horrible play so far. Maybe this game will be opposite of the others. Dallas plays terrible in first half and comes out and kills them in the second????? Maybe? It could happen.................:wave: Defense played good

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Dang it Spencer

Roughneck93
10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
That was so dumb!

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2011, 05:19 PM
bad hands Miles showing up this drive

Roughneck93
10-16-2011, 05:20 PM
bad hands Miles showing up this driveWhat a drive killer. Two drops on that drive.

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2011, 05:24 PM
What is the deal with Bryant no showing every 2nd half

Roughneck93
10-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Sean Lee! What a play!

Roughneck93
10-16-2011, 05:35 PM
What is the deal with Bryant no showing every 2nd halfYou aren't kidding TXB. He's a non factor right now.

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 05:42 PM
A shovel pass are you serious bro?

Roughneck93
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
A shovel pass are you serious bro?Yeah that was horrible.

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 05:48 PM
This cost Dallas against Detroit couldn't pick up first downs running the ball. Problem is coming up again.

Farmersfan
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Can the defense step up again?

Farmersfan
10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
And this is what happens when Dallas listens to the "Experts" that say they aren't supposed to throw the ball on the last possesson. Dallas needed to keep the ball. Come on D!

Roughneck93
10-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I knew it.

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2011, 05:59 PM
All the Romo talk..this team still can not rush and the D still gives up the big drive at the worst moment

Farmersfan
10-16-2011, 06:01 PM
now we get to watch the 3 yard passes by Romo

YTBulldogs
10-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Got to score TD's in RZ.

Farmersfan
10-16-2011, 06:03 PM
All the Romo talk..this team still can not rush and the D still gives up the big drive at the worst moment

Nobody stops Brady in crunch time at home! Nobody! Dallas needed to keep the ball on their last possession.

coach
10-16-2011, 06:06 PM
unfreakin believable. im so tired of seeing this awful play calling by garrett and our d getting drove on. we had the lead with 2 min keft and they drive 80 yards with ease in under 2 minutes.......not to mention the penalties.....i thought we fired wade phillips

Eagle 1
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
unfreakin believable. im so tired of seeing this awful play calling by garrett and our d getting drove on. we had the lead with 2 min keft and they drive 80 yards with ease in under 2 minutes.......not to mention the penalties.....i thought we fired wade phillips

No doubt. Red's play calling killed them. He should have ran play action pass on first down on that next to the last possession.
Stupid play calls. He gave NE the ball back with to much time.
Romo's interception in the first qtr. still resulted in points for NE, no matter how you slice it.
I think Dallas defense done pretty good all in all.

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2011, 06:14 PM
This loss is a good loss IMO..went into NE and went toe to toe...We all know the problems but we are seeing growth at areas. 2-3 and the schedule gets alot easier

Real chance to go 5-2 over next 7 games. and possibly 6-1

sinton66
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Defense went into a sort of prevent and left the underneath uncovered. Garrett's conservative play calling on the last posession is what beat them. Gotta attack, not conserve.

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
This loss is a good loss IMO..went into NE and went toe to toe...We all know the problems but we are seeing growth at areas. 2-3 and the schedule gets alot easier

Real chance to go 5-2 over next 7 games. and possibly 6-1 Good lord the Dallas Cowboys are now in the business of moral victories? Be real.

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Good lord the Dallas Cowboys are now in the business of moral victories? Be real.

hmm show me where I said one time moral victory

YTBulldogs
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM
This loss is a good loss IMO

All do respect, never a good loss in the NFL. Especially after you blew a game you should of won vs the Lions. This team really put's us fan's through hell. These 2 "should of" wins will come into play in the end.

pirate4state
10-16-2011, 07:41 PM
hmm show me where I said one time moral victory

Well how else is "this is a good loss" suppose to be taken? lol

Roughneck93
10-16-2011, 08:02 PM
What's frustrating is that we've had the lead in the 4th qtr of all three losses.

GrTigers6
10-16-2011, 08:10 PM
No doubt. Red's play calling killed them. He should have ran play action pass on first down on that next to the last possession.
Stupid play calls. He gave NE the ball back with to much time.
Romo's interception in the first qtr. still resulted in points for NE, no matter how you slice it.
I think Dallas defense done pretty good all in all.Its just like when yall were giving romo hell about his 4th quarter mistakes. The defense has to play well for 60 minutes not 56
now in saying that the loss is not all on the defense. Playcalling, dropped passes, penalties, all contributed to the loss. Now that they know they can play with anyone, they need to figure out how to finish those types of games. I am willing to bet the cowboys feed on this loss and put together a long winning streak.

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Well how else is "this is a good loss" suppose to be taken? lol No kidding? Good loss doesn't mean the same thing as a moral victory?

Roughneck93
10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
On the injury front, starting left guard Bill Nagy is done for the year (broken ankle). Also Felix has a high ankle sprain that will possibly sideline him for a few weeks. Just can't stay healthy.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/16/cowboys-lose-guard-nagy-for-year-felix-jones-to-high-ankle-sprain/

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 01:32 AM
I see what ya mean..no I did not mean it was a moral victory my bad if you thought that..I meant it was a good loss because Dallas went into their place where they have not lost since Moses was around and was in the game. Dallas did not get their butt handed to them.

dallas btw is 2-3 agianst teams that are a combined 21-8...led in 4th Q of all 3 losses....they now hit a run of teams that are 4-13...this is where Dallas will make their hay so to speak in 2011..hey have to go 5-2 worst..6-1 or 7-0 best.

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Nobody stops Brady in crunch time at home! Nobody! Dallas needed to keep the ball on their last possession.

i agree

all this talk about how well agianst the Lions Garrett was to aggresive, this time he was to conservative you cant have it both ways talk is BS...you can have it both ways

A HC job is to assess the situation at hand in the moment. agianst the Lions JG should have realized game is iin hand we can run 3 times punt and we should still be good....this week he should have been able to figure out, we are going agianst Brady at home with this 3 point lead we need to keep the ball...the two situations are not the same and that means the decision making is not the same.

Trashman
10-17-2011, 05:30 AM
I thought the cowboys played well, considering I thought they would lose by 21. There may be hope for this team yet.

bobcat1
10-17-2011, 05:49 AM
The main difference in this game was Belicheck vs. Garrett. Belicheck lets Brady win games. It didn't seem Garrett could trust Romo to do the same yesterday. So we get playing not to lose. New Englands O-Line did a great job of keeping Brady safe yesterday when they had to but Belicheck's play calling with quick passes also helped.

eagles_victory
10-17-2011, 06:54 AM
i agree

all this talk about how well agianst the Lions Garrett was to aggresive, this time he was to conservative you cant have it both ways talk is BS...you can have it both ways

A HC job is to assess the situation at hand in the moment. agianst the Lions JG should have realized game is iin hand we can run 3 times punt and we should still be good....this week he should have been able to figure out, we are going agianst Brady at home with this 3 point lead we need to keep the ball...the two situations are not the same and that means the decision making is not the same. x1000 That is what is frustrating with Garrett his game management skills and play calling are just plain bad at times. You obviously can't sit back and expect your defense to win you the game against a team with the talent of NE.

I still think the problem lies with the run game it is hard to close out victories in this league when you can't get positive yardage on the ground in situations where you have the lead. Yesterday on the drive before the Pats scored the GW TD ok if you don't get the first down running that is one thing but at least get it to 3rdand 4 or 3rd and 6 something managable where you can call a play that has a chance. But to be in 3rd and 18 is just ridiculous.

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Its just like when yall were giving romo hell about his 4th quarter mistakes. The defense has to play well for 60 minutes not 56
now in saying that the loss is not all on the defense. Playcalling, dropped passes, penalties, all contributed to the loss. Now that they know they can play with anyone, they need to figure out how to finish those types of games. I am willing to bet the cowboys feed on this loss and put together a long winning streak.

The 1980 Bear's defense was not going to stop Brady on that final drive! Brady doesn't lose at home and has scored over 30 points in 18 straight games at home. Except for yesterday that is! I don't put much blame at all on the defense. This defense has gone against 4 top 10 offenses so far this season (Jets now #11) and held them all in check and gave the offense the chance to win the games. The Pats had the #2 offense in the entire NFL going into yesterday's game and the defense held them to 20 points. (10 below their average). And a lot of people are blaming them for the loss because they didn't hold the Patriots to 14 points instead of 20. It's completely ridiculous! On the other hand the offense was going up against the #32 rated defense and managed just 16 points. I think we can all see where our problems lie.

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 09:06 AM
The difference in Dallas (2-3) and New England (5-1) is QB play and leadership on the field and off the field. Dallas outplayed them, outgained them and basically beat their butts for most of the game and yet when all the chips were down and the game was on the line it was Dallas that collasped and New England that stepped up. I don't think New England is a damn bit more talented than Dallas is. They are just more talented in the places that win games. That would be QB and Coach! End of story..........

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 09:33 AM
The 1980 Bear's defense was not going to stop Brady on that final drive! Brady doesn't lose at home and has scored over 30 points in 18 straight games at home. Except for yesterday that is! I don't put much blame at all on the defense. This defense has gone against 4 top 10 offenses so far this season (Jets now #11) and held them all in check and gave the offense the chance to win the games. The Pats had the #2 offense in the entire NFL going into yesterday's game and the defense held them to 20 points. (10 below their average). And a lot of people are blaming them for the loss because they didn't hold the Patriots to 14 points instead of 20. It's completely ridiculous! On the other hand the offense was going up against the #32 rated defense and managed just 16 points. I think we can all see where our problems lie.

sorry FF..but he is right..If Romo gets trashed for 4th Q meltdowns...then the D has to take the same blame as well. It is not like the D just let the Pats go down and kick the FG but the D allowed them to go 80 yards and score a TD...and it do rather easily as well. You cant have it both ways on 4th Q play

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
The difference in Dallas (2-3) and New England (5-1) is QB play and leadership on the field and off the field. Dallas outplayed them, outgained them and basically beat their butts for most of the game and yet when all the chips were down and the game was on the line it was Dallas that collasped and New England that stepped up. I don't think New England is a damn bit more talented than Dallas is. They are just more talented in the places that win games. That would be QB and Coach! End of story..........

I guess we were watching a different game..NE led all most of all of the 1st half and all the way to the 5 min point of the 3rd Q....Dallas took a lead for first time at 5 min mark of 4th Q. ..Dallas did not beat their butts all game till the 4th it was a close game between two teams at about the same talent level.

Bullaholic
10-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Agree with most posts on this thread, and sort of my own re-hash:

1. Bill Belichick is a better and more experienced NFL coach than Jason Garrett. His experience and game situational moxy are better than any other coach's, IMO, and it showed on Sunday.

2. The same level of execution, familiarity, and trust does not yet exist between Romo and all of his receivers. It is in place and works well week after week with Brady and his receivers, especially in game-on-the line situations in the 4th quarter.

3. Time heals all---including the Cowboys shortcomings. They are still a couple of seasons away from being where NE is on offense, and maybe a couple away before the defense is a 4Q unit.

OldNavy
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM

When Aikman was winning superbowls, he had a good receiver, a really good line and the all time leading rusher. I think if Dallas had that line and running back on this team, this coach and quarterback would look pretty dang good, but, I am no expert.

GrTigers6
10-17-2011, 10:09 AM
The 1980 Bear's defense was not going to stop Brady on that final drive! Brady doesn't lose at home and has scored over 30 points in 18 straight games at home. Except for yesterday that is! I don't put much blame at all on the defense. This defense has gone against 4 top 10 offenses so far this season (Jets now #11) and held them all in check and gave the offense the chance to win the games. The Pats had the #2 offense in the entire NFL going into yesterday's game and the defense held them to 20 points. (10 below their average). And a lot of people are blaming them for the loss because they didn't hold the Patriots to 14 points instead of 20. It's completely ridiculous! On the other hand the offense was going up against the #32 rated defense and managed just 16 points. I think we can all see where our problems lie.So having a complete game to you only applies to Romo then. Because against the jets and lions you said romo played well except the end and he has to play the full 60 minutes. But I guess that doesnt apply to the defense. And if that is what you believe than why. You play practically shut out ball for 58 minutes and then the last 2 have a breakdown that loses the game.
And in response to you saying the offense could only get 16 points. They gave the defense the lead and the defense coudn't hold it. End of story!!!

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 11:07 AM
So having a complete game to you only applies to Romo then. Because against the jets and lions you said romo played well except the end and he has to play the full 60 minutes. But I guess that doesnt apply to the defense. And if that is what you believe than why. You play practically shut out ball for 58 minutes and then the last 2 have a breakdown that loses the game.
And in response to you saying the offense could only get 16 points. They gave the defense the lead and the defense coudn't hold it. End of story!!!

The Patriots score 31 points per game this season. 18 straight games at home over 30 points scored.
The Patriots allow 22 points per game this season.
The Patriots were 4-1 with these numbers.

If I asked you before the game if the Cowboys would win if the defense held them to 20 points what would your answer be?

If I asked you before the game if the Cowboys would win if the offense scored 16 points what would your answer be?

It's really very simply so why make it seem complicated?

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Dallas had the BYE week to work on gameplan...they just got beat by a better team and one of the greatest QB's ever.

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 11:11 AM
The Patriots score 31 points per game this season. 18 straight games at home over 30 points scored.
The Patriots allow 22 points per game this season.
The Patriots were 4-1 with these numbers.

If I asked you before the game if the Cowboys would win if the defense held them to 20 points what would your answer be?

If I asked you before the game if the Cowboys would win if the offense scored 16 points what would your answer be?

It's really very simply so why make it seem complicated?

So he is right then..You feel Romo has to play 60 mins..but the D only has to play 58 minutes as long as they hold that team below their season average?

If Dallas would have lost that game 42-38 because Romo threw another 4th int you would be on hear screaming about once again Romo plays good until crunch time

That is what happen with Dallas D( and has since 09) they play great until it comes down to that last kill. That has happened with QBs alot worse than Brady so the well it is Brady he is at home only goes so far.

The simple fact is this team is still learning to make that last play..just as the HC is still learning to coach situational football better

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
So having a complete game to you only applies to Romo then. Because against the jets and lions you said romo played well except the end and he has to play the full 60 minutes. But I guess that doesnt apply to the defense. And if that is what you believe than why. You play practically shut out ball for 58 minutes and then the last 2 have a breakdown that loses the game.

And this is why Romo has hag-ridden my last nerve into the ground over the past several years. You (and many others) are comparing a 21 point swing handed to the opponents by Tony Romo mistakes to the defense allowing the 2nd best offense in the NFL with the best QB in NFL history to drive the length of the field for a go ahead score. The silliness is beyond imagining. The offense didn't "Hand" anything to the defense. The defense was the ONLY reason they were in a position to win that game. The Dolphins scored 24 on NE! The Chargers scored 21 on NE! The Bills scored 34 on NE! The Raiders scored 19 on NE! And the Jet's scored 21 on NE! Our mighty Cowboys offense only managed 16. Oh and BTW: The lowest point total for NE in any other game this season was 30 points against the Jets vaunted defense.

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 11:26 AM
And this is why Romo has hag-ridden my last nerve into the ground over the past several years. You (and many others) are comparing a 21 point swing handed to the opponents by Tony Romo mistakes to the defense allowing the 2nd best offense in the NFL with the best QB in NFL history to drive the length of the field for a go ahead score. The silliness is beyond imagining. The offense didn't "Hand" anything to the defense. The defense was the ONLY reason they were in a position to win that game. The Dolphins scored 24 on NE! The Chargers scored 21 on NE! The Bills scored 34 on NE! The Raiders scored 19 on NE! And the Jet's scored 21 on NE! Our mighty Cowboys offense only managed 16. Oh and BTW: The lowest point total for NE in any other game this season was 30 points against the Jets vaunted defense.

again..if Romo plays great for 99% of the game but makes the play that kills the game then he is the problem

but if the Dallas D plays great for 99% of the game but then gives up the drive that loses the game..well that is the offenses problem because they did not score enough

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
So he is right then..You feel Romo has to play 60 mins..but the D only has to play 58 minutes as long as they hold that team below their season average?

If Dallas would have lost that game 42-38 because Romo threw another 4th int you would be on hear screaming about once again Romo plays good until crunch time

Can you not see the stupidity in this comment TXB? The Dallas defense didn't THROW INTERCEPTIONS or TURN THE BALL OVER to the other team or make a bunch of mistakes for that matter! they gave up only the second TD of the game to the best QB in the league. The point that I have made for a couple of years now is what difference does it make if the defense gives up a long drive to Brady with 2 minutes left in the game or in the 2nd quarter? Or 1st quarter? Or 3rd quarter? If Brady scores on one of the other numerous stops by the Dallas D then Dallas doesn't take the lead on their last score and still loses the game 20 to 16. The Dallas offense has to score more points and that is the bottom line. The problem arises because you expect the defense to be WAY above average to offset the offense being WAY below average. You want the defense to hold the Patriots to 14 points the entire game AND stop them in crunch time. The problem with this is that NO TEAM can do that to the Patriots and Tom Brady at home. Would you prefer a defense that gave up 30 points to the Patriots in that game but made a stop at the end? It wouldn't have mattered because Dallas would have been beat by 14 points. I would feel the exact same way as you if the Patriots had scored 30+ points and the defense had given up the winning points at the end of the game. but that isn't what happened. The defense did enough to win. The offense did not perform as expected. Bottom line!

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Can you not see the stupidity in this comment TXB? The Dallas defense didn't THROW INTERCEPTIONS or TURN THE BALL OVER to the other team or make a bunch of mistakes for that matter! they gave up only the second TD of the game to the best QB in the league. The point that I have made for a couple of years now is what difference does it make if the defense gives up a long drive to Brady with 2 minutes left in the game or in the 2nd quarter? Or 1st quarter? Or 3rd quarter? If Brady scores on one of the other numerous stops by the Dallas D then Dallas doesn't take the lead on their last score and still loses the game 20 to 16. The Dallas offense has to score more points and that is the bottom line. The problem arises because you expect the defense to be WAY above average to offset the offense being WAY below average. You want the defense to hold the Patriots to 14 points the entire game AND stop them in crunch time. The problem with this is that NO TEAM can do that to the Patriots and Tom Brady at home. Would you prefer a defense that gave up 30 points to the Patriots in that game but made a stop at the end? It wouldn't have mattered because Dallas would have been beat by 14 points. I would feel the exact same way as you if the Patriots had scored 30+ points and the defense had given up the winning points at the end of the game. but that isn't what happened. The defense did enough to win. The offense did not perform as expected. Bottom line!

no I dont want the Dallas D to hold the Patriots to 14 points..I want them to hold them to one less point than Dallas scores period.

So on that 80 yard drive the Dallas D made no mistakes?
Your whole well if in 2nd Q not as big a deal argument makes does not work because that can be applied on every side of every argument

Just like the Lions game..all the talk about Romo's ints..even after the two pick 6s Dallas was still up by three scores...Dallas D gave up 17 points in 4th Q.

Just like the Jets game..even after the fumble..The Dallas D allows the Jets to drive 97 yards in like 6 plays to score a TD

GrTigers6
10-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Can you not see the stupidity in this comment TXB? The Dallas defense didn't THROW INTERCEPTIONS or TURN THE BALL OVER to the other team or make a bunch of mistakes for that matter! they gave up only the second TD of the game to the best QB in the league. The point that I have made for a couple of years now is what difference does it make if the defense gives up a long drive to Brady with 2 minutes left in the game or in the 2nd quarter? Or 1st quarter? Or 3rd quarter? If Brady scores on one of the other numerous stops by the Dallas D then Dallas doesn't take the lead on their last score and still loses the game 20 to 16. The Dallas offense has to score more points and that is the bottom line. The problem arises because you expect the defense to be WAY above average to offset the offense being WAY below average. You want the defense to hold the Patriots to 14 points the entire game AND stop them in crunch time. The problem with this is that NO TEAM can do that to the Patriots and Tom Brady at home. Would you prefer a defense that gave up 30 points to the Patriots in that game but made a stop at the end? It wouldn't have mattered because Dallas would have been beat by 14 points. I would feel the exact same way as you if the Patriots had scored 30+ points and the defense had given up the winning points at the end of the game. but that isn't what happened. The defense did enough to win. The offense did not perform as expected. Bottom line!Using the same scenario that you used, WHat if the dallas offense scored a td on one of their drives they kicked a field goal. Then its 20-13 and the defense still allows the pats to tie it up.
And in answer to your other question, I expect the defense to give up 0 points a game. Is that unrealistic? Yes but that is what a defense should work towards. I also expect the offense to score every time they have the ball, as should the players. If not its pointless to take the field.
A coach once told me when asked how many yards is a particular play designed to go, He said To the goal line, every play if executed right and is designed to score, So its not really that realistic to think that a defense could put up a zero and an offense score every possession. Its takes execution every play from all 11 players.
But I will settle for the defense to keep a lead that the offense has given them, with aid from the defense, but still One More Drive was all they needed and Brady and Co. walked right down the field like there wasnt even a defense on the field. Almost like a Thursday walkthru.

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 12:12 PM
no I dont want the Dallas D to hold the Patriots to 14 points..I want them to hold them to one less point than Dallas scores period.

So no matter how poorly the offense does you still expect the defense to hold the opponents to 1 less point???? That explains a lot. There really isn't any argument for that kind of thinking TXB.

If the Dallas offense scores 21 points and Dallas wins everybody in the world is talking today about how great of a defensive game Dallas played to hold such a potent offense and great QB to just 20 points at home.

GrTigers6
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM
So no matter how poorly the offense does you still expect the defense to hold the opponents to 1 less point???? That explains a lot. There really isn't any argument for that kind of thinking TXB.

If the Dallas offense scores 21 points and Dallas wins everybody in the world is talking today about how great of a defensive game Dallas played to hold such a potent offense and great QB to just 20 points at home.No we would be talking about how our offense bailed out the defense yet again

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Using the same scenario that you used, WHat if the dallas offense scored a td on one of their drives they kicked a field goal. Then its 20-13 and the defense still allows the pats to tie it up.
And in answer to your other question, I expect the defense to give up 0 points a game. Is that unrealistic? Yes but that is what a defense should work towards. I also expect the offense to score every time they have the ball, as should the players. If not its pointless to take the field.
A coach once told me when asked how many yards is a particular play designed to go, He said To the goal line, every play if executed right and is designed to score, So its not really that realistic to think that a defense could put up a zero and an offense score every possession. Its takes execution every play from all 11 players.
But I will settle for the defense to keep a lead that the offense has given them, with aid from the defense, but still One More Drive was all they needed and Brady and Co. walked right down the field like there wasnt even a defense on the field. Almost like a Thursday walkthru.

A defense can only stop the other team so many times. If the Dallas D makes 8 stops in a game then what difference should it make if those stops are in the first part of the game, the middle of the game or the end? The problem with your thinking is that you are expecting those 8 stops and another one at the end of the game. Going into that game nobody expected the defense to get 8 stops against the high powered Pats offense and they did! Also nobody expected the Patriots Defense to get 8 stops on the Dallas offense but they got 10. Now you guys are blaming the defense because they didn't also get 10 stops.........................
I'm done with this stupid argument. Bottom line is the offense has to carry it's weight. Scoring fewer points than the other 5 teams that have played the Pats this season is not carrying it's wieght. On the other hand the Cowboy's D held the Patriot to fewer points than any other team has been able to do in 18 games at home. Give the defense some credit where credit is due.

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
No we would be talking about how our offense bailed out the defense yet again

Perhaps you would be! Nobody else would. Holding the Patriots to 20 points at home is a major accomplishment regardless of if you think so or not.

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 12:27 PM

If the Dallas offense scores 21 points and Dallas wins everybody in the world is talking today about how great of a defensive game Dallas played to hold such a potent offense and great QB to just 20 points at home.

wow I kinda figured you would realize I feel the same about the offense..all I want in a game is for them to score one more point..I dont care how many points the team they are playing has given up on the season..in that game I want dallas to score one more point..whether it is 3-2 or 78-77

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 12:30 PM
A defense can only stop the other team so many times. If the Dallas D makes 8 stops in a game then what difference should it make if those stops are in the first part of the game, the middle of the game or the end? The problem with your thinking is that you are expecting those 8 stops and another one at the end of the game. Going into that game nobody expected the defense to get 8 stops against the high powered Pats offense and they did! Also nobody expected the Patriots Defense to get 8 stops on the Dallas offense but they got 10. Now you guys are blaming the defense because they didn't also get 10 stops.........................
I'm done with this stupid argument. Bottom line is the offense has to carry it's weight. Scoring fewer points than the other 5 teams that have played the Pats this season is not carrying it's wieght. On the other hand the Cowboy's D held the Patriot to fewer points than any other team has been able to do in 18 games at home. Give the defense some credit where credit is due.

Your right it is a stupid argument..you expect Romo to play great for full 4 quarters..your ok with D giving up game winning drive as long as they have held the team below their scoring average

1st and goal
10-17-2011, 12:33 PM
A few key points that I observed.

Romo can't throw far enough for a "Hail Mary". Should've made a quick lateral pass to Dez Bryant (who has an unbelievable arm) and let him throw it for some trickery.

Garrett's run only play calling on the next to the last drive. WTH? Really exposed our offensive line. Murray is an awesome back, as good as most IMO, but even he needs a line.

We need a few more cornerbacks. Guys that can check a receiver at the line and disrupt passing routes. You have to do this almost every play against someone like Brady. Then, rotate them in and out to give them a rest.

Emerson1
10-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Your right it is a stupid argument..you expect Romo to play great for full 4 quarters..your ok with D giving up game winning drive as long as they have held the team below their scoring average
Romo could go 32/35 throw 5 touchdowns and no interceptions, but the Cowboys lose by 35-38 and it would still be Romo's fault in FF's eyes.

GrTigers6
10-17-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm done with this stupid argument. Bottom line is the offense has to carry it's weight. Scoring fewer points than the other 5 teams that have played the Pats this season is not carrying it's wieght. On the other hand the Cowboy's D held the Patriot to fewer points than any other team has been able to do in 18 games at home. Give the defense some credit where credit is due.I said the defense played great, Until it matters.
I dont care if they held the offense to less points than their average if the give up the lead at the end. The defense is much improved but they have to figure out how to get that one stop at the end that puts it away. If going to concede that last drive to brady. Why even send out the defense, just let them score from 80 yard out and at least you have time to set up a drive for yourself.

GrTigers6
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Romo could go 32/35 throw 5 touchdowns and no interceptions, but the Cowboys lose by 35-38 and it would still be Romo's fault in FF's eyes.If you look at Romo's numbers compared to Brady, they were very close, only difference was the last TD for Brady. Except Romo had more yards, But its his fault:D

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 02:09 PM
If you look at Romo's numbers compared to Brady, they were very close, only difference was the last TD for Brady. Except Romo had more yards, But its his fault:D

I would like to know who said this loss is on Romo. Why you guys keep bringing up Romo is beyond me. I have put this loss directly on the Coach and on the offense. (which includes Romo). I did say the 2-3 season is because of Coaching and QB play and I stand by it. But this loss was due to the fact that Garrett was afraid to turn Romo lose. I have heard many people on radio/TV today claim that Garrett took it on himself to NOT ALLOW Romo to have another meltdown like he did against Detroit. But even being limited in his play calling Romo did a fairly good job. Only 1 stupid int is now considered a good job for Tony. :crazy:

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
I would like to know who said this loss is on Romo. Why you guys keep bringing up Romo is beyond me. I have put this loss directly on the Coach and on the offense. (which includes Romo). I did say the 2-3 season is because of Coaching and QB play and I stand by it. But this loss was due to the fact that Garrett was afraid to turn Romo lose. I have heard many people on radio/TV today claim that Garrett took it on himself to NOT ALLOW Romo to have another meltdown like he did against Detroit. But even being limited in his play calling Romo did a fairly good job. Only 1 stupid int is now considered a good job for Tony. :crazy:

Romo is brought up because you show the hypocricy of your argument about Romo..if he has a great game until late in 4th Q you jump on him...But the D does the same thing and you find a way to still put all the blame on the O

Yes the Dallas D played great UNTIL they needed to stop the Pats..heck even just give up a FG and at least u go to overtime...instead the Pats were able to move down the field and did not even have to use a TO until they wanted to. I dont even know if they faced more than one 3rd down

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 02:15 PM
I said the defense played great, Until it matters.
I dont care if they held the offense to less points than their average if the give up the lead at the end. The defense is much improved but they have to figure out how to get that one stop at the end that puts it away. If going to concede that last drive to brady. Why even send out the defense, just let them score from 80 yard out and at least you have time to set up a drive for yourself.

So you are placing the ultimate importance on the last 2 minutes of the game and trivializing the previous 58 minutes? Even though the defense didn't make any game changing mistakes to give the game away. They simply couldn't stop the best QB in the history of the game. Even Jerry Jones said after Garrett called 3 straight run plays to give the Pats the ball back with 3 minutes left that holding them to a FG was the best we could hope for. Even he knew Brady would drive the field for a score.
Suffice it to say that I think the defense will be fine and things are certainly looking up in that department. I'm not too confident in the offense though. The Rams could not have come at a better time. I think the Cowboys should split with the Eagles and the Giants and win at least 7 more games. At a minimum they should end the season with a 9-7 record or better. I just don't see the offense growing with Romo as the QB. We have been waiting for him to "Learn" from his mistakes for 5 seasons.....................

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 02:20 PM
So you are placing the ultimate importance on the last 2 minutes of the game and trivializing the previous 58 minutes? Even though the defense didn't make any game changing mistakes to give the game away. They simply couldn't stop the best QB in the history of the game. Even Jerry Jones said after Garrett called 3 straight run plays to give the Pats the ball back with 3 minutes left that holding them to a FG was the best we could hope for. Even he knew Brady would drive the field for a score.
Suffice it to say that I think the defense will be fine and things are certainly looking up in that department. I'm not too confident in the offense though. The Rams could not have come at a better time. I think the Cowboys should split with the Eagles and the Giants and win at least 7 more games. At a minimum they should end the season with a 9-7 record or better. I just don't see the offense growing with Romo as the QB. We have been waiting for him to "Learn" from his mistakes for 5 seasons.....................

while I agree the D is better...they still right now are 19th in the league in points agianst...Offense with rushing game being crap and the injuries to WR corp are 15th in the league in points

and man is Doug Free having a terrible year or what.

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Romo is brought up because you show the hypocricy of your argument about Romo..if he has a great game until late in 4th Q you jump on him...But the D does the same thing and you find a way to still put all the blame on the O

Yes the Dallas D played great UNTIL they needed to stop the Pats..heck even just give up a FG and at least u go to overtime...instead the Pats were able to move down the field and did not even have to use a TO until they wanted to. I dont even know if they faced more than one 3rd down

It doesn't show hypocricy unless you use accuracy in your representations TXB. There is no similarities between Romo throwing 3 interceptions that the opponents turn into 21 points and the defense failing to shut down Tom Brady for two more minutes on top of the other 58 minutes. It's simply a matter of expectations. What do you expect from the offense and what do you expect from the defense in a game. Don't give me the "1 more point than the other team" garbage because that is just garbage. Going into this game how many points did you expect the Cowboys to give up and how many did you expect the Cowboys to score? If you are honest with yourself you will admit you expected the Patriots to score more and the Cowboys to score more. The fact that the Cowboys didn't score more doesn't change what we should expect from the defense. The bottom line is that the defense did it's job about as good as anyone expected. Would it have been great if they had held on the last drive? Of course! but it would have also also been great if they had held on all the other Pats drives too! Hell, why not expect ZERO points given up by the defense? But here in reality land we know what Brady and the Patriots are capable of doing and we should be happy with our defense doing something against him that no others have been able to do. It's been 2006 since Brady was held under 30 points at home.

Example of what was written about this game last week:

"That explosive offense is the reason the Patriots are favored by seven points on Sunday. Quarterback Tom Brady is averaging a league-high 374.8 passing yards per game, and Wes Welker leads all receivers in receptions (45) and yards per game (148).
The line would perhaps be higher if not for the Patriots' struggling defense, which allows a 433 yards per game, most in the NFL.
Uncertainty remains as to which Tony Romo will show up for the Cowboys: the one who leads fourth quarter comebacks or the one who squanders fourth quarter leads with costly interceptions.
The Vegas books certainly think this will be a high scoring game. The over/under is set at 56 points."

I don't think any knowledgable football person expected the Cowboy's D to hold the Patriots to only 20 points. End of story.

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 02:47 PM
while I agree the D is better...they still right now are 19th in the league in points agianst...Offense with rushing game being crap and the injuries to WR corp are 15th in the league in points

and man is Doug Free having a terrible year or what.

Big reason why I say the defense is looking up and the offense is still up in the air. If Romo plays good this offense can be lights out. Unfortunately we all know what also comes with that "good". Remove the Tony Romo pick 6's and the Cowboy's defense is top 10 in points allowed and #4 in total yards allowed. Just sayin'.........................

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 02:49 PM
It doesn't show hypocricy unless you use accuracy in your representations TXB. There is no similarities between Romo throwing 3 interceptions that the opponents turn into 21 points and the defense failing to shut down Tom Brady for two more minutes on top of the other 58 minutes. I don't think any knowledgable football person expected the Cowboy's D to hold the Patriots to only 20 points. End of story.

yes there are FF..at the end of the game when the Dallas D had to make a stop to preserve the win they did not..and this is not a one time only thing..it has been a issue for 3 years now..That is no different than Romo playing great football and then brain locking in the 4th Q. a int is a mistake..as is blown coverage, bad technique by the secondary etc etc..o

And I dont think anyone thought the Pats would hold Dallas to 16..period end of story

Again how many a team scores in the season means crap once the game is being played..in this game neither team could drive the field on a consistent basis. Dallas D had done wonderful until the 2 min drive..but the fact is they did not come thru in crunch time

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Big reason why I say the defense is looking up and the offense is still up in the air. If Romo plays good this offense can be lights out. Unfortunately we all know what also comes with that "good". Remove the Tony Romo pick 6's and the Cowboy's defense is top 10 in points allowed and #4 in total yards allowed. Just sayin'.........................

And the Dallas offense is 7 in offense and 4 in passing

Farmersfan
10-17-2011, 03:30 PM
And the Dallas offense is 7 in offense and 4 in passing

Thanks for making my point!

Dallas offense averages 23 points a game and 409 yards this season. They achieved neither against the #32 ranked defense in the league.

Dallas defense averages allowing 23 points a game and 307 yards per game. They achieved both (or better) against the #2 offense in the league.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me! Offense under achieved-defense over acheived!

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks for making my point!

Dallas offense averages 23 points a game and 409 yards this season. They achieved neither against the #32 ranked defense in the league.

Dallas defense averages allowing 23 points a game and 307 yards per game. They achieved both (or better) against the #2 offense in the league.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me! Offense under achieved-defense over acheived!

first off...I never said the O played great..nor did I say the D played Bad...I said the D did not get it done in crunch time a trend that has been a problem for 3 years .

Eagle 1
10-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Its just like when yall were giving romo hell about his 4th quarter mistakes. The defense has to play well for 60 minutes not 56

Like I said, the interception Romo threw in the 1st qtr, still resulted in points for NE. It doesn't matter if it happened in the 1st or 4th qtr.
I'm not as optimistic as most on here, but I hope they still find a way to win the next 5-6 games. I just don't see it happening.

Farmersfan
10-18-2011, 09:17 AM
first off...I never said the O played great..nor did I say the D played Bad...I said the D did not get it done in crunch time a trend that has been a problem for 3 years .

Dallas takes the lead late in the 4th by kicking a FG and then kicks off to the Patriots. The Dallas D hold them to a 3 & out and forces a punt for only the 8th time this entire season. The Dallas offense then goes 3 and out to give the ball back to the Patriots and the best QB in the history of the game. WHO DIDN'T GET IT DONE?

I also heard a lot of talk last night and this morning about the Romo Hail Mary throw at the end of the game. I wasn't even paying attention but a lot of people are busting his balls because he throws the last second Hail Mary pass out of bounds. The Hail Mary has very little chance of being completed but it has ZERO chance of being completed if it's thrown out of bounds. If it was unintentional then I question Romo's ability and if it was intentional then I question Romo's decision making. Just another nail in the Romo coffin in my opinion. How does a Pro QB throw the last effort to win a game out of bounds? Seriously?

hollywood
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Who on here thinks Romo is the future for Dallas? Let's hear it.

All good teams start with a capable leader at QB.

Does anyone think that Romo is that capable leader? If so, why?

hollywood
10-18-2011, 10:05 AM
If you look at Romo's numbers compared to Brady, they were very close, only difference was the last TD for Brady. Except Romo had more yards, But its his fault:D

lol, the fault doesn't fall directly on Romo of course. But, that is where a NFL teams motivation and leadership that drives the entire team IS generated, for the most part. We can put the blame on Garrett for the play calling but it starts with the lack trust in the "team leaders" abilities. Romo is not the worst QB in Cowboys history, but he's not one of the best either. Lot's of risk with the good. Cowboys haven't had a great one since Aikman.

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Dallas takes the lead late in the 4th by kicking a FG and then kicks off to the Patriots. The Dallas D hold them to a 3 & out and forces a punt for only the 8th time this entire season. The Dallas offense then goes 3 and out to give the ball back to the Patriots and the best QB in the history of the game. WHO DIDN'T GET IT DONE?

I also heard a lot of talk last night and this morning about the Romo Hail Mary throw at the end of the game. I wasn't even paying attention but a lot of people are busting his balls because he throws the last second Hail Mary pass out of bounds. The Hail Mary has very little chance of being completed but it has ZERO chance of being completed if it's thrown out of bounds. If it was unintentional then I question Romo's ability and if it was intentional then I question Romo's decision making. Just another nail in the Romo coffin in my opinion. How does a Pro QB throw the last effort to win a game out of bounds? Seriously?

Both did not get it done ff..The O because as we both agreed got to conservative( though people the 3rd down play became 3rd and 18)..I wonder what the call was going to be..and the D for allowing an 80 yard scoring drive

The Hail Mary play..Romo rolled out and threw it agianst his body, also one of the Cowboy writers tweeted before the game how the win was swirling and it would affect the deep throws

Farmersfan
10-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Who on here thinks Romo is the future for Dallas? Let's hear it.

All good teams start with a capable leader at QB.

Does anyone think that Romo is that capable leader? If so, why?

I think Romo keeps the job by default because the Cowboys will not soon get a good enough draft pick to get a better option. They will continue showing signs of greatness at times and then moments of total train wreak for the rest of Tony's career. I don't think Romo will ever be the leader on or off the field that the Cowboys really need. And in my opinion Tony Romo has shown far too often that he isn't really that concerned with winning. He has exceeded all expectations that he or anyone else ever had for him in this game. If I had 1 wish it would be that the Cowboys trade Romo to another team so everyone is Romosexual land can finally see once and for all that Romo isn't a QB that can perform elsewhere. He is a product of the Dallas system and no matter how much talent JJ brings in around him Tony will find a way to fail in the end.

Farmersfan
10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=Txbroadcaster;1622046

The Hail Mary play..Romo rolled out and threw it agianst his body, also one of the Cowboy writers tweeted before the game how the win was swirling and it would affect the deep throws[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's ok then!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Oh, it's ok then!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

huh?

GrTigers6
10-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Oh, it's ok then!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:He was also running for his life with a three man rush and couldnt set his feet

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I think Romo is what he is..a really good QB, not great but top 10ish right now
I think Romo has proven more than once his leadership. it is absurd to say he does not care about winning or cannot lead.
Does that mean he will win a SB..who knows.

hollywood
10-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Both did not get it done ff..The O because as we both agreed got to conservative( though people the 3rd down play became 3rd and 18)..I wonder what the call was going to be..and the D for allowing an 80 yard scoring drive

The Hail Mary play..Romo rolled out and threw it agianst his body, also one of the Cowboy writers tweeted before the game how the win was swirling and it would affect the deep throws

Beautiful excuses, but the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl at some point. ;-) Does anyone honestly think it's going to be with Romo at the helm?

Farmersfan
10-18-2011, 10:30 AM

I also question the decision making ability of J. Garrett. Based on what we know about Tom Brady, Tony Romo, their coach and our coach which poison would the intelligent man take: Put our offfense against their #32 ranked defense and try to keep the ball and run out the clock or put our defense against the greatest QB in NFL history and the #2 ranked offense in the NFL?
J. Garrett chose to challenge the Jet's higly ranked defense with passes when he had a 3 score lead instead of forcing the Jet's lowly ranked offense to beat him and then when he is up agasint the HIGHEST ranked offense and lowest ranked defense he decides to challenge the offense when only up by 1 score. The man has lost his mind.

hollywood
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
I think Romo keeps the job by default because the Cowboys will not soon get a good enough draft pick to get a better option. They will continue showing signs of greatness at times and then moments of total train wreak for the rest of Tony's career. I don't think Romo will ever be the leader on or off the field that the Cowboys really need. And in my opinion Tony Romo has shown far too often that he isn't really that concerned with winning. He has exceeded all expectations that he or anyone else ever had for him in this game. If I had 1 wish it would be that the Cowboys trade Romo to another team so everyone is Romosexual land can finally see once and for all that Romo isn't a QB that can perform elsewhere. He is a product of the Dallas system and no matter how much talent JJ brings in around him Tony will find a way to fail in the end.

LOL at Romosexuals. I think you made it as clear as it truly is and will be until folks come out of the denial closet and fess up to reality!

Farmersfan
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
huh?

Throwing accross his body and blowing winds is NOT a viable excuse for a NFL QB to completely take away the last chance his team has by throwing a ball out of bounds. That was a pathetic attempt by Romo and nothing anybody says can change that. ALL NFL QBs deal with pressure. Romo didn't see anymore pressure than Brady did. Do you have any doubts that Brady would have put that Hail Mary in the endzone? Hell, 75% of the QBs in the NFL would have put that throw in the endzone...............

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2011, 10:36 AM
I also question the decision making ability of J. Garrett. Based on what we know about Tom Brady, Tony Romo, their coach and our coach which poison would the intelligent man take: Put our offfense against their #32 ranked defense and try to keep the ball and run out the clock or put our defense against the greatest QB in NFL history and the #2 ranked offense in the NFL?
J. Garrett chose to challenge the Jet's higly ranked defense with passes when he had a 3 score lead instead of forcing the Jet's lowly ranked offense to beat him and then when he is up agasint the HIGHEST ranked offense and lowest ranked defense he decides to challenge the offense when only up by 1 score. The man has lost his mind.

I agree..Garrett so far is very reaction based...if team gets crushed in media for not running always seems the next game he will run the ball 30 times no matter if working or not

He got crushed for throwing agianst Jets and Lions..so he goes the extreme the other way.

Farmersfan
10-18-2011, 10:51 AM
I agree..Garrett so far is very reaction based...if team gets crushed in media for not running always seems the next game he will run the ball 30 times no matter if working or not

He got crushed for throwing agianst Jets and Lions..so he goes the extreme the other way.

And you said it best before when you said Garrett needs to be situational. It's not always best to run or pass in any given situation. Running out the clock against the Patriots was not an option unless they got a 1st down so how much sense does it make to leave Brady 2 minutes instead of 3 minutes? All Garrett did was allow Brady to leave Dallas with no time after he scored. And really how many people honestly felt Brady would not drive down for a score in that situation? I would openly call them a moron if they honestly expected the Dallas D (or any D) to stop Brady in that situation. Garrett has to know this and react accordingly. A play action pass on 1st down of that famous 3 and out could have gone for a lot of yards...................... The Patriots were selling out to stop the run because they knew Dallas wasn't going to pass. At the very least Romo should have seen that and changed the play. Of course the media is correct in that IF Garrett calls passing plays and they fail he is being BBQed for that also.................

GrTigers6
10-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Beautiful excuses, but the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl at some point. ;-) Does anyone honestly think it's going to be with Romo at the helm?Tell me, did you ever dream Trent dilfer would make it to a superbowl? Stranger things have happened

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2011, 12:06 PM
And you said it best before when you said Garrett needs to be situational. It's not always best to run or pass in any given situation. Running out the clock against the Patriots was not an option unless they got a 1st down so how much sense does it make to leave Brady 2 minutes instead of 3 minutes? All Garrett did was allow Brady to leave Dallas with no time after he scored. And really how many people honestly felt Brady would not drive down for a score in that situation? I would openly call them a moron if they honestly expected the Dallas D (or any D) to stop Brady in that situation. Garrett has to know this and react accordingly. A play action pass on 1st down of that famous 3 and out could have gone for a lot of yards...................... The Patriots were selling out to stop the run because they knew Dallas wasn't going to pass. At the very least Romo should have seen that and changed the play. Of course the media is correct in that IF Garrett calls passing plays and they fail he is being BBQed for that also.................

i thought Brady might get a FG..I did not think he would drive the 80 and score a TD

Farmersfan
10-18-2011, 02:10 PM
i thought Brady might get a FG..I did not think he would drive the 80 and score a TD

that's the difference between you and me TXB! When I saw the momentum given to the Patriots by allowing their defense to completely destroy our running game and TAKE the ball back with over 2 minutes left, 1 timeout and the 2 minute warning I knew it was over. Every single player on the New England sideline also knew it was over. Not a single player on that side of the field thought that game was a loss at that point. Just as I knew it was over when we had the Lions beat and there was ZERO chance they would have enough intensity or momentum to come from behind and win until Romo handed them that momentum. Our defense played Brady really really well when it was on an even playing field with both teams battling. As soon as Garrett/Romo altered that playing field towards New England's favor I knew it was over. The entire Patriots team played those last few minutes at a completely different level than the Cowboys did. If you look closely at the players on a losing team in the NFL you can usually tell when the game is over. Unless something happens to re-light that fire it stays over most of the time. We really don't need our players or coaches being the ones to "re-light" their fire. Romo is famous for doing so though.

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2011, 03:15 PM
that's the difference between you and me TXB! When I saw the momentum given to the Patriots by allowing their defense to completely destroy our running game and TAKE the ball back with over 2 minutes left, 1 timeout and the 2 minute warning I knew it was over. Every single player on the New England sideline also knew it was over. Not a single player on that side of the field thought that game was a loss at that point. Just as I knew it was over when we had the Lions beat and there was ZERO chance they would have enough intensity or momentum to come from behind and win until Romo handed them that momentum. Our defense played Brady really really well when it was on an even playing field with both teams battling. As soon as Garrett/Romo altered that playing field towards New England's favor I knew it was over. The entire Patriots team played those last few minutes at a completely different level than the Cowboys did. If you look closely at the players on a losing team in the NFL you can usually tell when the game is over. Unless something happens to re-light that fire it stays over most of the time. We really don't need our players or coaches being the ones to "re-light" their fire. Romo is famous for doing so though.

How did Romo alter the field agianst NE? That was all Garrett.

and I did not see one moment after the punt and before the TD that made me think oh wow the Cowboys have quit or knew they were going to lose.

Eagle 1
10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I think Romo has proven more than once his leadership.

I agree.
He is an 8-8 season qb, if your good with that, then he is a good leader. :wave:

Emerson1
10-18-2011, 05:13 PM
If Garrett had thrown the ball everyone would be bitching about how he never runs the ball when they need to.

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2011, 06:19 PM
I agree.
He is an 8-8 season qb, if your good with that, then he is a good leader. :wave:

except he is not..he has never missed the play offs when playing a full season...in fact when he plays a full season Dallas has 13 and 11 wins.

in seasons Romo started at least 10 games his record averages out to 10-4

Seasons Romo started at least 13 games...11-4

Eagle 1
10-18-2011, 06:47 PM
except he is not..he has never missed the play offs when playing a full season...in fact when he plays a full season Dallas has 13 and 11 wins.

When was that?

1st and goal
10-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Another thing that bothered me with Dallas D was Brady calling his own number on the QB sneaks and getting those 1st downs like they were automatic.

Kinda wishing we had Brady on our team. I think he's capable of giving a good team at least 3 extra wins a season as compared to a Romo type quarterback. I did not understand Garrett calling 3 run plays in a row.

Txbroadcaster
10-18-2011, 08:25 PM
When was that?

when was what?

Farmersfan
10-19-2011, 08:09 AM
How did Romo alter the field agianst NE? That was all Garrett.

and I did not see one moment after the punt and before the TD that made me think oh wow the Cowboys have quit or knew they were going to lose.

When did I ever say the Cowboys quit? I said after New England was given all the momentum because of the Cowboy's lack of ability to keep the football on that last possession it was obvious that New England was playing head and shoulders above the Cowboys. They drove 80 yards with ease against a defense that had held them in check all day. The ebb & flow of the momentum in a normal game can be altered by the decisions of the coaches as well as the play on the field. Everybody in the world knew at that point that Brady would step it up a notch or two and there was nothing the Cowboys could do about it. At that point the only hope for the Cowboys was a mistake by Brady or another Patriot. In my opinion it is the job of the coach and the QB to monitor the game situation and avoid allowing the momentum swings. That's why running at that juncture of the game and depending on the defense was bad decision just like passing against the Lions when you are up by 3 scores was a bad decision. Of course Emerson is correct too. If the Cowboys pass on those plays and fail they are being toasted by the media for that also. But I like the analogy of the guys on The Ticket yesterday. On a scale of 1-10 the Dallas running game is a 2 this season and the Dallas passing game is a 7. Which one would you take your chances with?

Farmersfan
10-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Another thing that bothered me with Dallas D was Brady calling his own number on the QB sneaks and getting those 1st downs like they were automatic.

Kinda wishing we had Brady on our team. I think he's capable of giving a good team at least 3 extra wins a season as compared to a Romo type quarterback. I did not understand Garrett calling 3 run plays in a row.

That's one big problem I have always had with Romo. It seems like far too many of his audiables become bad plays. There isn't an intelligent person alive that wouldn't switch Brady for Romo but that is comparing apples to oranges. But Romo seems bad at reading defenses and making on field adjustments. He was probably told not to audiable out of the run plays on that last possession but I can guarantee you that if Brady had lined up against a 9 man front that was selling out to stop the run he would have switched to a quick pass play. Romo should have also. Hell the middle linebacker timed the snap so perfectly he ran 5 yards full speed and totally obliterated our O-lineman to blow up the run on 1st down. He did this at least 3 times in this game. The Patriot's D seemed to know every time the Cowboys audiabled to the draw play.

Anybody see the slo-mo video of Tony Romo on one of his passes where the pressure gets close to him? Tony throws the ball with his eyes completely closed. He is expecting to get hit (which doesn't happen) and just closes his eyes and launches it. Any wonder why he is leading the league in giving the game away? And don't think the other teams don't understand that if you put a little pressure on Romo he will either get happy feet and start looking for a place to go to the ground or will close his eyes and just throw it. Anyone not understand why Rob Ryan wasn't bringing the house on Brady in his last drive? Because Brady would have eaten them alive. Romo has the physical ability to do the same thing, just not the mental ability!

hollywood
10-19-2011, 08:39 AM
If Garrett had thrown the ball everyone would be bitching about how he never runs the ball when they need to.

Good Lord... if Garrett threw the ball, we'd really be in trouble.:)

Romo isn't much better. To heck with all you Romosexuals!!! lol

Farmersfan
10-19-2011, 09:25 AM

Pretty much all of the Romo starting record nonsense is based on a single outstanding season in 2007. Remove the 13-3 season and Romo is just 7 games over .500 with a single playoff win. I know it's unfair to remove his best season from his career stats but it's also unfair to use that single season to build his credibility for the other 4 season he has played. None of these Romo issues existed in the media or the fanbase in 2007 when he lead this team to a 13-3 record. It has been the 6 games over .500 record and the single playoff win since then that brings him into question. So basically since the start of 2008 with Romo as the starting QB this team is a 9-7 team each year and makes the playoffs 1 out of every 3 seasons. I think people are completely within their rights to question Tony Romo as the starter of this team. And with every passing game the questions are GROWING, not diminishing! See that's just the thing about Tony Romo. He keeps talking about learning from his mistakes and growing and getting better but the truth is he is actually getting worse. Tony Romo is on the downside of his career now. He has already peaked. He should be a manager of the game and a leader for his team. Instead we watch him throw more and more silly passes and make more and more stupid mistakes. All the lee-way Tony was granted in the NFL as a learning curve has been used up. He needs to perform NOW because the window is quickly closing on him. This team has gone from rebuilding to one of the most talented in the NFL and now back to a semi-rebuilding mode with Romo as the it's franchise QB and they have managed a single playoff win.

Eagle 1
10-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Pretty much all of the Romo starting record nonsense is based on a single outstanding season in 2007. Remove the 13-3 season and Romo is just 7 games over .500 with a single playoff win. I know it's unfair to remove his best season from his career stats but it's also unfair to use that single season to build his credibility for the other 4 season he has played. None of these Romo issues existed in the media or the fanbase in 2007 when he lead this team to a 13-3 record. It has been the 6 games over .500 record and the single playoff win since then that brings him into question. So basically since the start of 2008 with Romo as the starting QB this team is a 9-7 team each year and makes the playoffs 1 out of every 3 seasons. I think people are completely within their rights to question Tony Romo as the starter of this team. And with every passing game the questions are GROWING, not diminishing! See that's just the thing about Tony Romo. He keeps talking about learning from his mistakes and growing and getting better but the truth is he is actually getting worse. Tony Romo is on the downside of his career now. He has already peaked. He should be a manager of the game and a leader for his team. Instead we watch him throw more and more silly passes and make more and more stupid mistakes. All the lee-way Tony was granted in the NFL as a learning curve has been used up. He needs to perform NOW because the window is quickly closing on him. This team has gone from rebuilding to one of the most talented in the NFL and now back to a semi-rebuilding mode with Romo as the it's franchise QB and they have managed a single playoff win.

This.

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2011, 01:09 PM

He has played 16 games twice..one 13 wins..other 11...not sure how that is just using one season

Eagle 1
10-30-2011, 08:44 PM
dallas btw is 2-3 agianst teams that are a combined 21-8...led in 4th Q of all 3 losses....they now hit a run of teams that are 4-13...this is where Dallas will make their hay so to speak in 2011..hey have to go 5-2 worst..6-1 or 7-0 best.

How's that working out?

YTBulldogs
10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
We could sure use that "good loss" vs NE according the TXB now:) Love the Boy's, but--they stink.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2011, 08:49 PM
How's that working out?

I already counted this game as a lost on another post when we were playing out the rest of the season...no never saw this ugly