PDA

View Full Version : I think that I may have a problem that requires therapy!

vet93
12-04-2002, 11:26 AM
My team has been eliminated from the playoffs and I still find myself drawn to this site. I have turned to reading posts about towns I have only heard of but have never been to. I have had to resist the urge to talk some Jasper/Burnet trash and I don't know one person from either town. I have been saddened by the the defeat of Sinton and other towns and I couldn't even find Sinton on the map if you held a gun to my head. I think that I may be addicted to 3A football...maybe it is a case of 3Aitis or I could be riding a 3ADownlow High...what is your diagnosis and is there a cure? eek!

PPHSfan
12-04-2002, 11:33 AM
There are still three weeks left of Highschool Football, and there is a game this weekend in a town near you. I suggest you take in a few more games. Quitting Cold Turkey can cause some serious side effects.

Jason1725
12-04-2002, 12:21 PM
Yes I have read some medical journals that suggest quiting cold turkey like that has caused some major problems in lab rats. Just so you know. lol!

Ranger Mom
12-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Vet, I have had the same problem since last years football season. I have decided that you just have to go with it. Maybe there is some type of highschool football annonymous program out there we could join!

I actually looked Sinton up on the map a couple of months ago, so I could show you where it is at!! :D :D

turbostud
12-04-2002, 02:32 PM
I agree with all of you. It's kind of like after the superbowl and all you have to look forward to are 7 months or so of NBA and MLB. Big time withdrawals.

callandraise
12-04-2002, 04:52 PM
I know just what you mean. It's just like your old dog died,you knew it was going to happen sooner or later but that don't make it any easier when it happens.I told one of our boys after the game in Midland saturday that 207 teams started out the season in 3A and 205 were going to go through this same thing.He wasn't very impressed and to tell the truth neither was I.On the brighter side there are two good 2A games in Sweetwater Saturday and only eight months till we start again. CALLANDRAISE

ej2525
12-04-2002, 05:07 PM
I hear you all. My home town was eliminated this past Saturday and I don't have much to debate or discuss anymore on the boards. There should be another board posting section where all of the has-beens of the season can go to chat about other things like... the weather or things of that nature. I never knew where Sinton was either until my home town team played them last year in the semis. FYI - just outside Corpus if you still wanted to know. :rolleyes:

eye of the tiger
12-04-2002, 07:38 PM
You have to find a team to root for when your team is eliminated. Since all my district teams are out I have adopted Forney and Everman to root for. That way I still have a team playing next week. I cant just let it go.

sinton66
12-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Who says we have to stop just because our team has been eliminated. I've been here pretty much since last December. We find things to talk about even when football is over for this season. January 1st is kind of an unofficial starting date to talk about next season. Us 3ADL junkies find ways to cope. Hey, in the spring we actually talk about baseball and Jacket doesn't yell at us for it.(He will yell at you if you mention that large round ball, especially during football season.) ALL of you folks should stick around when it's over. Most of us have become friends on here, and you just have to find a way to stay in touch. If you do, you'll begin to see why the regulars on here try to help our moderators keep the site clean and enjoyable. We all begin to guard it jealously. wink

SintonFan
12-04-2002, 08:50 PM
eye of the tiger:
You have to find a team to root for when your team is eliminated. Since all my district teams are out I have adopted Forney and Everman to root for. That way I still have a team playing next week. I cant just let it go.EOTT, I couldn't agree more. I've done the same. One of the great things about this site and the way it's run is that it is geared for a fairly mature membership. Consequently, I tend to like many of the people here. Sinton is out but I've got a few to root for.
Go Bandera, Burnet, Bellville, Forney, Everman, Odem and GP!!! eek!
That's alot to root for!

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Go Forney!!!!!!!!

http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1039052874401_Curly.GIF

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

sinton66
12-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Us old guys can be bandwaggoners too! Go FORNEY!! (nyuk,nyuk,nyuk!)

slpybear the bullfan
12-04-2002, 11:51 PM
Yup. Sign me up in your 12 step program Vet93. I too am addicted to Texas HS football.

Since my beloved Bridgeport Bulls were eliminated, I went to see Paradise vs. Winters. Then I saw Decatur vs. Sweetwater. This week it will be Forney and Everman.

Someone told me today that the '02 season will end eventually for all these teams and I called him a blasphemer. I kept waiting for the lighting to strike, but alas...

By the way, I read all the posts about the new adopted team for everyone... Forney. Hmmm... In the interest of keeping things from getting boring...

GO EVERMAN!!! BEAT FORNEY!!!

Besides... Yelling for the bulldogs is kind of like yelling for my Bulls!

j_dog
12-05-2002, 09:40 AM
sinton66:
Us old guys can be bandwaggoners too! Go FORNEY!! (nyuk,nyuk,nyuk!)Where is Forney anyway? It is not even listed on my map index.

footballgal
12-05-2002, 10:43 AM
LOL :D
I felt so much better after reading all these post, I thought I was the only one that felt this way! I was getting concerned about myself, as I thought what is wrong with me? Do I need to get a life?, Do I need to seek therapy? Have I really lost my mind, and need an insanity check? Glad to hear there are other passionte people of the game, High School football that is. :p

big daddy russ
12-05-2002, 10:57 AM
j_dog
Where is Forney anyway? It is not even listed on my map index.[/QB]I hope to see you all on here come January. This is how I pass the time at work. I've enjoyed talking to all of you and vet93, I hope they find the cure.

P.S. Forney is just east of Dallas. I think it's actually in the metroplex, and if not it's not too far outside.

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

audasmom7
12-05-2002, 12:40 PM
I have to agree what will we do????
Im worried about next yeat (O NO) Thats when its allover for me...Why do they have to graduate.. WHY WHY... :)

BIG19
12-05-2002, 01:03 PM
OK, my team is still in the hunt and I can already see where the problem is going to lie once the season is over. Where is the local 12 step program held? I know there has to be one, there is for everything else. My wife had to enroll me in one for umpiring not to long ago. Not to worry it did not take. Will be out calling balls and strikes as soon as football is over. See ya on the fields........

Old Green
12-05-2002, 01:12 PM
I agree with everyone. This very addictive.

sinton66
12-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Yall really don't understand. Why would you want to be cured of this addiction? It isn't harmful at all. I stay by myself most of the time, and only get home a couple times a month, so this is a fantastic place for conversing with friends, and you don't have to pay long distance charges. This is the best site I have ever found. It's become my second home (picture Jacket grimmacing). TeeHee! :D :D :D

ej2525
12-06-2002, 09:22 AM
There are very few days that I do not jump online and check the site at least once. Typical work day... at least 10 times or so to read posts even if I have nothing to do with it. There are many more things out there that are worse to be addicted to. eek!

ej2525
12-06-2002, 09:25 AM
WWWWHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I got promoted from the JV to Varsity!!!! I am no longer a chump!! At least by posting standards. :D :D

Bulldog92
12-06-2002, 10:56 AM
There are two of us in the Washington chapter of Texas 3A Anonymous. The other guy's pretty quiet, so it feels like I'm talking to myself most of the time. I hear that Kansas has a charter member, also, but I'll let him confirm that. This is my first year (of many, I'm guessing) of being a 3A-holic and you guys have made me proud to have such an affliction. :D