PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale at La Grange

Pudlugger
10-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Well the race for 3rd place is on in D23. Can the Rockdale Tigers derail the Leps or will the Leps resurrect their season to stay in contention for a playoff berth?

Bull's-eye
10-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Leps have just played & almost defeated much better teams, Leps get their first district win & keep the playoff hopes alive.

YTBulldogs
10-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Leps at home, 30-14.

Pudlugger
10-16-2011, 10:41 AM
This game has big repercussions on the D23 play off race although on a state wide level is just another game between unrated and under performing teams.
Of course to the Leps it is a do or die game. Lose it and you are out of the race, a disappointing season as good as over. Right now it looks like the Leps have gotten their game together giving up only 26 yards rushing against Navasota and gaining 319 total yards v 245. If they bring that intensity to Leopard stadium Friday they should roll. If they suffer a let down it's turn off the lights the season is over time. I think they will break out and win this one handily. 35-14 Leps

YTBulldogs
10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
LG seems to have it lined out.

Snotbubbles
10-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Yeah, but they also seem to play to their opponents level this year.

hookandladder
10-16-2011, 04:19 PM

And which opponent would that be, the weakest team we have played is Yoakum which was second game of the season. Also Yoakum just beat Cuero and will be fighting for a playoff spot, other teams we have played are top notch teams other then 4A Lockhart. So what team did we play down to their level,Columbia,Sealy,Bellville,Giddings or Navasota, just curious.

Pudlugger
10-17-2011, 07:44 AM

Got to agree with Hook. We played poorly in the first half of the regular season against several top rated teams. It wasn't until the Giddings game that we began to realize our potential. I don't see where we played to our opponents level in our record unless you mean playing Giddings and Navasota close. That implies we only play well against top rated teams but we got our hat handed to us by Columbia, Sealy and especially Bellville. Not playing up to that talent apparently. I think it is clear the Leps have improved. Now we need to take it to the next level and get the wins. Go Leps, Beat Rockdale!

jrhernandez7
10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
I am not going to make a prediction on this game however I am very intrigued about it. Rockdale came out fired up for smithville an was set out to not loose and with homecoming played with a lot of emotion. very interested to see how rockdale bounces back after a tough loss to smithville. gut says LG in this one but be very very careful leps the blue tigers are more than capable to bite.

buff4ever
10-17-2011, 08:30 AM
I am not going to make a prediction on this game however I am very intrigued about it. Rockdale came out fired up for smithville an was set out to not loose and with homecoming played with a lot of emotion. very interested to see how rockdale bounces back after a tough loss to smithville. gut says LG in this one but be very very careful leps the blue tigers are more than capable to bite.

Nope, you are wrong. The leps will hand it to Rockdale, and Smithville will start getting nervous for that last game in district already.

buff4ever
10-17-2011, 08:31 AM
I think the LG boys have shown they still want it in the last 2 weeks, and they surely know that they can still get it. I look for them to win out and make it to the play offs. Smithville could maybe show me Friday that I am wrong, but I don't think so.

jrhernandez7
10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
This should be a great game no doubt about it. Rockdale is no push over, they have played some pretty salty teams like LG and prior to loosing last week to S'vill was undefeated at home. This game is on the road for the blue tigers and that has not faired rockdale to good Loosing to abilene wylie in a neutral site, Liberty hill, and Navasota with that game against the Rattlers being the only blow out loss. The key to this game is if Rockdale has not mailed in the season yet and keeps fighting. If they do this game is going to the wire, if they dont the leps will roll on them bc it looks like there catching there stride at the right time. Good luck to both teams!!!

Manso/V8
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
And which opponent would that be, the weakest team we have played is Yoakum which was second game of the season. Also Yoakum just beat Cuero and will be fighting for a playoff spot, other teams we have played are top notch teams other then 4A Lockhart. So what team did we play down to their level,Columbia,Sealy,Bellville,Giddings or Navasota, just curious.

Hook, you are selling yourself short. We played Lockhart the week after you did and I thought they were a fairly good team, with good size.
Their record is 2-5 for the year after going 0-3 in district play. I imagine they would be a playoff contender in many 3A districts.

I'm impressed by the turnaround the Leps have made.......I originally thought the OT loss to Giddings was rivalry magic, the close OT loss to Navasota made a believer out of me. I am gonna go with the Leps by 7 in this one.
Updates on the District 23 playoff race is about the most exciting sports story around these parts.
Best of luck, and here's to an injury free game.

Pudlugger
10-18-2011, 07:54 AM
This will be the big game for the Leps. They have a clear shot at the play offs and must win this game. I am certain they will be as charged up for this game as they have been the last two weeks. They are looking for a win to turn their season around. As this will be a home game with a packed Leopard crowd behind them I see some real momentum going into the game Friday night. The Lep defense is tuned up and showing a lot of grit. The offense has evolved into a balanced force with a solid ground game mixed with a productive air attack. Everything is falling into place and victory is within their grasp. Go Leps, beat Rockdale!

trojandad
10-18-2011, 09:00 AM
This will be the big game for the Leps. They have a clear shot at the play offs and must win this game. I am certain they will be as charged up for this game as they have been the last two weeks. They are looking for a win to turn their season around. As this will be a home game with a packed Leopard crowd behind them I see some real momentum going into the game Friday night. The Lep defense is tuned up and showing a lot of grit. The offense has evolved into a balanced force with a solid ground game mixed with a productive air attack. Everything is falling into place and victory is within their grasp. Go Leps, beat Rockdale!

pud, im pickin you guys...i like rockdales respectful nature, but i believe this is the one where you guys put a whole game together...good luck to both teams....

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Rockdale Tigers at La Grange Leopards

Records: Rockdale 3-4 (0-2 in 23-3A); La Grange 1-6 (0-2 in 23-3A)

Last year: Rockdale 51, La Grange 37

Last week: Smithville 21, Rockdale 14; Navasota 27, La Grange 26 (OT)

Radio: 98.5 FM KRXT

Harris Ratings pick: La Grange by 2 points

Next: Giddings at Rockdale; Caldwell at La Grange

Old Tiger
10-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Least year was a hell of a game.....a 300 yard rusher and a 200 yard receiving effort by two kids. Those two kids are no longer there.

buff4ever
10-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Sorry rockdale, La Grange is hungry for that first district win, and you guys had your playoff bubble busted by Smithville already. La Grange has played Giddings and Navasota well, and they are ready to prove they are the team to beat for 3rd place.

Pudlugger
10-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Sorry rockdale, La Grange is hungry for that first district win, and you guys had your playoff bubble busted by Smithville already. La Grange has played Giddings and Navasota well, and they are ready to prove they are the team to beat for 3rd place.

Buff4ever sums it up pretty well here. Meanwhile, Giddings will need to do their duty and beat Smithville to keep the planets in alignment.

gameface
10-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Blue Cats coming to the home jungle of the mightly Leps-I feel the intensity in the air! LG gotta come out firing with 2 quick scores-if so, game over! If not, cat fight!! Rockdale has some good athletes(esp. QB's arm) but Leps have too many weapons on offense backed up by a strong defense. 1st district win should propel us with even more momemtum to earn playoff spot-gotta earn it, not a weak district! I predict this game as validation victory: Leps 42/:)Tigers 14.

1st and goal
10-20-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm thinking the Leps win by 10 in an exciting game.

buff4ever
10-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Even thought the Bastrop paper has La Grange losing this game before it is played, just so Smithville can keep storybook stuff going on, La Grange will win this game by 17+.

Buff42
10-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Hook, you are selling yourself short. We played Lockhart the week after you did and I thought they were a fairly good team, with good size.
Their record is 2-5 for the year after going 0-3 in district play. I imagine they would be a playoff contender in many 3A districts.

I'm impressed by the turnaround the Leps have made.......I originally thought the OT loss to Giddings was rivalry magic, the close OT loss to Navasota made a believer out of me. I am gonna go with the Leps by 7 in this one.
Updates on the District 23 playoff race is about the most exciting sports story around these parts.
Best of luck, and here's to an injury free game.

LG's loss to Giddings was a 3 point game, in regular time. It was a good game, but not OT.

Pudlugger
10-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Game day is here. The Leps want to make a statement tonight that they are more than a 1-6 football team. Go Leps, beat Rockdale and roll on.

trojandad
10-21-2011, 06:29 AM
arent these the 2-3 weeks of each year we are dying for back in the summertime?

good luck to both, and safe travels....

gameface
10-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Leps are ready to bring it! Validation Friday!

87 TIGER
10-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Hope my Tigers are not hung over from the disappointing loss to smithville and come into leps stadium ready to play. This game is huge for both teams but really big for the leps who controll their own destiny. Hey Pud and Hook are you guys tailgating before the game? If so I'd love to see you guys again , tell LHS 2 sons to text me . Heres to a good game without injury Lets Go Tigers!!!

Buff42
10-21-2011, 08:32 AM
All you Blue Cat fans take a flshlight with you in case you win. They'll turn the dern lights out on you before you can get your folks out of the stands.

duckhunter
10-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Should be a great game. I expect Rockdale to win by 7

LHS 2SONS
10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
tell LHS 2 sons to text me

I am here, i will be selling programs on the Visitor's side, stop by and visit. We do not tailgate at the home games because of our Booster CLub duties. The German Club is having a fundraiser at the high school cafeteria, from 4:30-7:00 for $8.00, cant remember what the German name of the meal is called but it is a fried pork steak with all of the trimmings, i am sure saurkraut is on the menu as well. By the way, it is not cafeteria food, it is being catered by a local caterer, great food! See ya tonight!

LHS 2SONS
10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
All you Blue Cat fans take a flshlight with you in case you win. They'll turn the dern lights out on you before you can get your folks out of the stands.

Get over it already Buff42

Buff42
10-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Get over it already Buff42

Sheeeez, it's just a funny, LHS 2Sons. Hit a little close to home? Were you the one who turned out the lights? I know 9-in-a-row is a bitter pill, but come on- I'M ONLY KIDDING. I haven't siad anything about how y'all used to drown the field back in the day to try to slow down Giddings speed........ :stirpot:

LHS 2SONS
10-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Sheeeez, it's just a funny, LHS 2Sons. Hit a little close to home? Were you the one who turned out the lights? I know 9-in-a-row is a bitter pill, but come on- I'M ONLY KIDDING. I haven't siad anything about how y'all used to drown the field back in the day to try to slow down Giddings speed........ :stirpot:

Dont remember us watering the field, must have been before my time, but we did have some heck of a games, i was there when the lights went out and i thought to myself that that was not a good thing, i thought we would catch a lot more from the lights going out but seems like only you remember it, Giddings speed is right, dont know how you guys have speed year in and year out, seems like we only have one guy about every 10 years with speed, I am pulling for you guys this week, if smithville beats yall, we have to have a lot of things to happen for us to get in the playoffs, this years game and the game in 2009 was two of the best of the rivalry games between us, and this year the way the two teams joined together at the end was pretty amazing and a class act by both schools. Good luck the rest of the season!

1st and goal
10-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I was there when some scoundrel turned out the lights. The LG peeps had all left already. I guess we won that one by a decent margin.

buff4ever
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
guys guys guys, it was a miscommunication. Some coach told the administrator the buffs were all gone kill the lights, and yet we were still stacked up in the bleachers leaving the only 2 ways down in that stadium. If there is ever a lightning storm sneak up on that stadium, I would prolly jump over the back rather than wait on everyone to exit at the ends only.

La Grange will win this game, once again. I am pretty sure the buffs should be able to help you guys out with a win against smithville, unless I get surprised big time. I just don't think that Smithville has played anyone close to our caliber.

ccmom
10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
This game is on the road for the blue tigers and that has not faired rockdale to good Loosing to abilene wylie in a neutral site, Liberty hill, and Navasota with that game against the Rattlers being the only blow out loss.

Rockdale and Wylie did not play at a neutral site...not that it matters much but I'm glad I had something to contribute. :taunt:

Go Tigers!!!! :2thumbsup

Roughneck93
10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
The Leps pick up their first district win, 28-21.

gameface
10-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Excellent play by LG the 1st half with a 14-0 margin. Ho hum 3rd Q as LG let the door swing open and break some skin which started the bleeding. Then Bluecats got the momemtum closing in on a 17-14 margin.... then LG defense woke up and played up against a very good QB from Rockdale. Then LG QB surged on a 30 yd. run and Leps eventual score to seize will 24-14. Good earn and Leps still have point leverage as we converge on final 2 games and fight for playoff birth I believe!?

Pudlugger
10-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Leps are getting stronger each game. Great time to hit your stride Leps. Beat Caldwell then beat Smithville and get some.

Coach BS
10-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Rockdale diddnt need a flashlight, the lights and scoreboard stayed on. I was one of the last to leave and they were still on . JK ok

Pudlugger
10-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Rockdale impressed me last night. They never led in the game but there was no quit in them. They have several excellent athlete's including QB #8 Brinkley who's left handed throwing was accurate all night with great distance. #10 David will be around for the next two seasons and the D1 scouts will all be following him around the state. He reminds me of those two big middle linebackers fellas from the 2000-2001 Bay City team that went to Arkansas (help me out here with their names). He's a huge physically dominating player who was laying the wood on our guys all night. Wide receiver #15 Skubal has the complete package and could play at the next level. I think Rockdale will be a tough game for Giddings.

Roughneck93
10-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Rockdale impressed me last night. They never led in the game but there was no quit in them. They have several excellent athlete's including QB #8 Brinkley who's left handed throwing was accurate all night with great distance. #10 David will be around for the next two seasons and the D1 scouts will all be following him around the state. He reminds me of those two big middle linebackers fellas from the 2000-2001 Bay City team that went to Arkansas (help me out here with their names). He's a huge physically dominating player who was laying the wood on our guys all night. Wide receiver #15 Skubal has the complete package and could play at the next level. I think Rockdale will be a tough game for Giddings.I remember watching those two play. They were beasts at Bay City. Archie McDaniel and Nurahda Manning, both ended up at A&M.

zebrablue2
10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Congrats to the Leps! If y'all win out and S-ville loses to Nav., will that get you in?