PDA

View Full Version : Dalton Santos rushing vs. Canton = 5 rushes for 92 yards & 5 td's

icu812
10-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Pretty good numbers for a 6'3" 260 pound linebacker. Dude is a beast. Also had a fumble recovery that went 70 yards for a td. 6 total td's. Had an int return for a td called back because of roughing the passer pennalty otherwise he would have scored 7 td's in Van's 69-28 win. Van D had 3 td's total. Canton's offense did score 21 1st quarter points before Van made some adjustments. Canton's last td came on a kickoff return. Van's QB Smallwood had a good night as well passing for 248 and rushing for 140 more. He's passed for 1,879 yards so far with 19 td's and 4 int's. Van moves to 7-0 and sets up a big game with Lindale Friday night.

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Pretty good numbers for a 6'3" 260 pound linebacker. Dude is a beast. Also had a fumble recovery that went 70 yards for a td. 6 total td's. Had an int return for a td called back because of roughing the passer pennalty otherwise he would have scored 7 td's in Van's 69-28 win. Van D had 3 td's total. Canton's offense did score 21 1st quarter points before Van made some adjustments. Canton's last td came on a kickoff return. Van's QB Smallwood had a good night as well passing for 248 and rushing for 140 more. He's passed for 1,879 yards so far with 19 td's and 4 int's. Van moves to 7-0 and sets up a big game with Lindale Friday night.

Santos is a stud..but IMO Smallwood might be most "unknown" stud in at least East Texas and possibly all of 3A

icu812
10-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Santos is a stud..but IMO Smallwood might be most "unknown" stud in at least East Texas and possibly all of 3A

This is just his first varsity year at QB since he was injured his sophmore year and is getting better each game.

However, my most "unknown" stud in ET has to be Van's #44 Junior D lineman Sid Moore. The coaches who watch film know who he is though. Had 17 tackles last week vs. QF. If they dont double team him he will be in the backfield all night. Quick feet and 6'1" 270ish. Was a RB 7th-9th grade. He does still play FB when Santos comes in at TB. 270# blocking for 260# ouch! He is a legit college prospect IMO.

regaleagle
10-15-2011, 04:51 PM
:ack!: Wow!! I didn't think I would be pulling for Carthage to be a playoff winner this year. But after hearing about Van, and how they have been playing all season, looks like a meeting with Carthage will happen. This team sounds like a Region II Division 2 favorite to me. Each week they just get better! Look out to all RIID2 playoff contenders.:eek:

icu812
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
:ack!: Wow!! I didn't think I would be pulling for Carthage to be a playoff winner this year. But after hearing about Van, and how they have been playing all season, looks like a meeting with Carthage will happen. This team sounds like a Region II Division 2 favorite to me. Each week they just get better! Look out to all RIID2 playoff contenders.:eek:

I like our team and I hope we are a contender but I wouldn't say Van is a favorite in Reg.II Div. 2 unless we play well against Lindale. Van always struggles with Lindale even when we have a good team, especially in Lindale. I'm hoping this year is different. Should be a great game though.

regaleagle
10-16-2011, 09:51 AM
So if you beat your nemesis in district, Lindale,which is DI, would you then say you are ready to be counted as a contender against the likes of Carthage, Gilmer, Prosper or Argyle??? I say you are now, regardless of what happens against Lindale. BTW, I'm picking you guys over Lindale in that game.

icu812
10-16-2011, 12:26 PM
So if you beat your nemesis in district, Lindale,which is DI, would you then say you are ready to be counted as a contender against the likes of Carthage, Gilmer, Prosper or Argyle??? I say you are now, regardless of what happens against Lindale. BTW, I'm picking you guys over Lindale in that game.

Since Lindale beat Carthage (who is a likely 2nd round match up for us) and hung close to #1 Chapel Hill they will be a good measuring stick. But football is a game of match ups and because Lindale has consistantly taken us to the woodshed in the past I wouldn't say this game tells the entire story. Still though a win vs. Lindale at their house would be a "wow" game for a lot of folks.