PDA

View Full Version : Congrats TEXANS on a GREAT year!!!!

TEXANS
12-09-2001, 12:13 AM
Ya'll played La Grange close and gave it your all!You have nothing to hang your heads about.You are the best team in Wimberley 3A history and only the '93 2A team went farther in the playoffs!Good job!

Go Leps!

toby070
12-09-2001, 01:04 AM
Amen, TEXANS. Those guts didn't quit. That was a good football game.

bohemian
12-09-2001, 10:16 AM
On a fine game against LaGrange. Before the game you guys didn't get the respect that you deserved. But I believe after the game the Leps and fans have the utmost respect for you now. I know I do. You played hard and tough but just didn't have the depth thay you needed against the Leps. I have to say before the game watching the teams warmup I didn't think much of #2 for the Texans. I thought he was just too small to play. But after the game I believe he is the toughest kid around. He is a very good player! As far as #11 for Wimberley he is a tough kid who has talent, but I believe that talent is on the offense side of the ball. Offensively you guys were able to move the ball at times; however, #11 never had a chance to get loose with some long runs. The Leps D basically shut him down. #2 did most of the damage for Wimberley's O. #88 for LaGrange was not going to let #11 out of his sight all night. In my opinion #88 is the better of the two when it comes to playing the linebacker position. This was probably one of, if not, the best D Wimberley had faced all year. If it wasn't for the broken pass coverage by the D, I don't believe you guys would have scored a touchdown. Deffensively Wimberely never could stop the Leps. Especially late in the game. The Leps O just wore down the Texans D. Texans you guys had a fine season and you have no reason to hang your heads. I have to admit, it was tough not to pull for you guys with a mascot name like the TEXANS. I just love those state flags of yours! Good luck whatever the future brings you Texans . Also, I heard that you guys will have a good baseball team. Is that true? Maybe LaGrange and Wimberley will meet again in the playoffs for baseball.

Go LEPS Go! Beat those buffalos from giddings.

oldbuff78
12-09-2001, 10:35 AM
BOHEMIA, YOU MUST BE DREAMIN. THE WEAK REGION 4 WINNER WILL GET STOMPED BY THIS HERD OF BUFFALOES.

bohemian
12-09-2001, 10:42 AM
What happen to that herd of buffaloes when they first played the LEPS?

slinky006
12-09-2001, 11:40 AM
When the buffs first played the Leps, the buffs were not on track. the game was won by a field goal in the last few seconds of the game. That game has nothing to do with what will happen this weekend. go buffs!

slinky006
12-09-2001, 11:42 AM
oh yeah, the buffs have been UNdefeated since that 3 point loss.....lookout leps, the Giddings Buffs are ready to play!

bohemian
12-09-2001, 11:43 AM
What are you guys smoking and drinking in Lee county? You don't think the LEPS are playing better now then they did when they beat the buffs in their own back yard?

Eaglet'
12-09-2001, 12:46 PM
HEy Oldbuff seems to me you think you are going to win the game against LaGrange you are really in for a rude awakening!

toby070
12-09-2001, 02:07 PM
Bohemmian, as you found out, you can't judge Mikey by his size, except maybe the size of his heart. He isn't big, but he plays like a madman on both sides of the ball. He can take a lick too...he was creamed on a blitz, I think by 88, and he looked shook up for about 10 seconds, but shook it off. He got a lot of yards on his own in the fourth quarter.

You guys really did a good job on Brent. He got the corner a few times on the pitch play, but you are the first team that shut down the delay and strech plays, he just had nowhere to run...those are usually Wimberley's bread and butter plays.

bohemian
12-09-2001, 02:26 PM
Meeks was tough! I'm glad I had the chance to watch him play. Brent didn't have a chance last night. Josh Melnar(#88)wanted to show that he was the best linebacker in central Texas. Both him and Brent were named 1st team all centex last year as linebackers. I would like to see Brent play just one way, that way he could give more to that position. He definitely has a chance to play on Saturdays. If Meeks had more size he would have a real good chance of playing on Saturdays too. Josh will probably play on Saturdays also, but I don't think that is in his plans.

LG
12-09-2001, 07:24 PM
I'm from La Grange and I got to say that Wimberley really stuck it to them. I was thinking the game was going to be nothing but a blow out for La Grange, but this was the first game where my stomach was still in knots at half-time. Slaughters is better than I thought. I believe Wimberley gained a lot of respect as a 3A team and I'm going to keep an eye on yall next year. Good luck to yall next year. Go Leps.

toby070
12-10-2001, 09:05 AM
I think you'll see Brent getting a D-1 scholarship. I think he's made some visits to Big 12 schools. I agree that playing one way will make a big difference for him.

Good luck to you guys in the next round. You have a great team.

zztop
12-10-2001, 09:32 AM
Congrats to Wimberley on an outstanding season and game Saturday night. La Grange has nothing but the upmost respect for your guys and your fans. I thought it was a very well played football game for both teams. We definately had that dome rocking.
It was also a pleasure meeting some of you guys on the RiverWalk after the game. It's awefully beautiful there this time of the year.
...going forward, I really believe this was the type of game that La Grange can really benefit from. It was a contest NOT decided by big plays or turnovers (while there were some of these, it didnt decide the game). But in the end, I think LG just wore out Wimberley's defense.
Go Leps and beat Giddings...again!!!
zz

alanclay37
12-10-2001, 11:12 AM
It was a great year for the Texans, those are the toughest young men around. I had a great time watching them this year. Proud of you guys. Now we get to see Meeks run around that diamond and Slaughter around the Track. But it wont be the same.

toby070
12-10-2001, 12:04 PM
zz, I can't say Wimberley was better, but I still think a couple of big plays changed the game. First one was the holding call on the LG 14 yardline. During that drive, your defense for probably the only time in the game seemed to lose a little confidence. Going from 2nd and 5 to first and 20 against your defense was a killer. Don't misunderstand me, it may have been a good call, but it was a killer. Then the int killed another good drive, and I'm not sure if I expected them to call it or not, but your DB definately bumped our receiver off the ball...that happened right in front of where I was on the sideline. Third big play was Boothe's run...that was the dagger. If Wimberley had held on that drive, it was 14-9 with a few minutes left on the clock. 21-9 against your defense was too much to overcome.

You haev a great team...good luck against Giddings!

[This message has been edited by toby070 (edited December 10, 2001).]