PDA

View Full Version : Total Defensive Domination!!! Alvarado.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Check these stats in the past 3 games:

Vs.

Waco Connally: 126 total yds. Alvarado: 380 total yds. Score 37 to 6

Kennedale: 37 total yds. Alvarado: 483 total yds. Score 55 to 0

Hillsboro: 11 total yds. Alvarado: 489 total yds. Score 50 to 0

Opponents: 174 total yds. Alvarado: 1352 total yds. Score 142 to 6

Averages: Opponent: 58 yds game. Alvarado: 450 yds game.

2 of the teams were 4-1 at the time.. Last was 2-4. Defense is pretty tough.. Last 3 teams only averaging 58 yds a game? Pretty awesome I think. Venus next on the hit list.. Best defense in 3A?? Any other teams doing this?

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Any other teams have a good defense?

IndianFan2012
10-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Fear the spear!

icu812
10-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Impressive!

OLE'BULL
10-17-2011, 08:07 AM

Vs.

2 of the teams were 4-1 at the time.. Last was 2-4. Defense is pretty tough.. Last 3 teams only averaging 58 yds a game? Pretty awesome I think. Venus next on the hit list.. Best defense in 3A?? Any other teams doing this?

Very impressive! Bellville is giving up less than 6 pts. per game, not sure about yards though. They are good, but Alvarado seems to be even better!

ahs_indian_fan
10-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Thought I'd clarify something ... those six points to Connally were on an interception return for a touchdown. Also take into account that they've also shutout Springtown, gave up just seven to Prosper and 12 of the 19 given up to Bridgeport were after two starters were ejected.

OldNavy
10-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Thought I'd clarify something ... those six points to Connally were on an interception return for a touchdown. Also take into account that they've also shutout Springtown, gave up just seven to Prosper and 12 of the 19 given up to Bridgeport were after two starters were ejected.

Why were starters ejected, personal fouls, what?

ahs_indian_fan
10-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Why were starters ejected, personal fouls, what?

Both teams got into a a pushing match (wouldn't really clarify it as fighting) and two Alvarado kids were ejected for their role in what occurred.

Bullaholic
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM

I think only 1 player was ejected...

trojandad
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Vs.

that is very good...the word is passing around a coldspring board that we obtained #1 defensive status in the state...im asking where they got that from but havent gotten an answer yet...i remember wos-87 used to refer to a ranking board when his mustangs were doing well but i dont remember which one hed refer to....but yes, our numbers are just a tad better, not much tho....

hollywood
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM
From G2:
"Coldspring Defense. Wow
Check the last three weeks, 3 shutouts in a row!!!

Aug. 26, 2011 AT KIRBYVILLE NO W 49-6
Sep. 2, 2011 MADISONVILLE NO W 49-10
Sep. 9, 2011 AT CROCKETT NO W 60-20
Sep. 16, 2011 ORANGEFIELD NO W 50-0
Sep. 23, 2011 AT CLEVELAND TARKINGTON W 67-8
Sep. 30, 2011 SHEPHERD YES W 59-0
Oct. 7, 2011 AT SPLENDORA YES W 67-0
Oct. 14, 2011 CLEVELAND YES W 61-0 "

ahs_indian_fan
10-17-2011, 10:20 AM
I think only 1 player was ejected...

There were two - one was in the secondary and one was a linebacker - you probably only remember the kid from the secondary because he was the one that kind of made a show out of it.

Bullaholic
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
There were two - one was in the secondary and one was a linebacker - you probably only remember the kid from the secondary because he was the one that kind of made a show out of it.

I remember that the one in the secondary thought he was ejected, went to the sideline, and returned to the game after some discussion.

Pendragon13
10-17-2011, 10:28 AM
I understand your enthusiasm, and rightfully so considering what the team has done so far. Having said that, you might want to reign it in a bit until you see if they can still do this deep in the playoffs. Consider the 09 season where the Wylie first team D (with no subs mixed in) didn't allow more than a field goal until around game 6 or 7...and that was against some pretty good 4A-3A teams. Injuries and increased level of competition have a way of evening things out when you get to the playoffs....you guys will cruise through your district, but will likely find things a bit tougher if you meet one of the beasts from the east. ;)

Lions88
10-17-2011, 10:36 AM
I dont think these guys are thinking there crap doesnt stink. They are just proud of what they are doing, and rightfully so. I dogged Alvarado all last year when they played my team, I have been paying alot of attention to them this year since I knew they would have most of their players back.. trust me I am sure they know they havent won anything yet and when they face Henderson again they will have their hands full ;)

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Alvarado was MIGHTY impressive on the D side of the ball when TXB and I saw them. Stiffling is the word id use for that night.

Bullaholic
10-17-2011, 10:41 AM
I understand your enthusiasm, and rightfully so considering what the team has done so far. Having said that, you might want to reign it in a bit until you see if they can still do this deep in the playoffs. Consider the 09 season where the Wylie first team D (with no subs mixed in) didn't allow more than a field goal until around game 6 or 7...and that was against some pretty good 4A-3A teams. Injuries and increased level of competition have a way of evening things out when you get to the playoffs....you guys will cruise through your district, but will likely find things a bit tougher if you meet one of the beasts from the east. ;)

Pendragon, the nucleus of this season's Alvarado team is essentially the same team that lost to eventual D1 SC Henderson in the semis last season. I think you are correct in your evaluation criteria for playoff success, however, but this year's Alvarado does have some pedigree on which to draw and bolster their expectations.

Lions88
What do you think are the chances they take down Henderson or Chapel Hill if Alvarado makes it that far?

Alvarado was MIGHTY impressive on the D side of the ball when TXB and I saw them. Stiffling is the word id use for that night.

trojandad

so youve seen both, g2, either defense stick out to you?

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 10:44 AM
What do you think are the chances they take down Henderson or Chapel Hill if Alvarado makes it that far?
This Friday will be the first time ive seen Henderson this year so right now I couldnt make a fair assesment of an Alvarado/Henderson matchup but have seen Chapel Hill and I honestly think Alvarado, as tuff as they looked, would have alot of problems keeping CH under wraps. I think CH would be just a bit to much for Alvarado.

trojandad
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
so youve seen both, g2, either defense stick out to you?

c'mon, g2, you wont hurt feelings.....im really curious....you left our game going into the 4th and we were still pitching negative total offense numbers on o'field when you were leaving....

Pendragon13
10-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Pendragon, the nucleus of this season's Alvarado team is essentially the same team that lost to eventual D1 SC Henderson in the semis last season. I think you are correct in your evaluation criteria for playoff success, however, but this year's Alvarado does have some pedigree on which to draw and bolster their expectations.Yes, I'm well aware of that. We faced them last year in the playoffs, and were actually leading the game until right before halftime...and that was with a not up to par Wylie team. That's not to say they weren't good last year and even better this year however..

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
c'mon, g2, you wont hurt feelings.....im really curious....you left our game going into the 4th and we were still pitching negative total offense numbers on o'field when you were leaving....
I think Coldspring and Alvarado defenses looked really good, it was an apple to oranges kind of thing though. Kennedale in the Wing T getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage and Orangefield in multiple sets getting stuffed. Hard to go back and recall from memory but they both stood out in my mind. I do think that Coldspring is more dynamic offensivley on the edges where as Alvarado pounds pounds pounds then can pop one over the top. Id pay good money to see at CS/Alvarado matchup. Ill tell ya, after seeing West Columbia Friday, hope people dont sleep on them.

trojandad
10-17-2011, 11:18 AM
I think Coldspring and Alvarado defenses looked really good, it was an apple to oranges kind of thing though. Kennedale in the Wing T getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage and Orangefield in multiple sets getting stuffed. Hard to go back and recall from memory but they both stood out in my mind. I do think that Coldspring is more dynamic offensivley on the edges where as Alvarado pounds pounds pounds then can pop one over the top. Id pay good money to see at CS/Alvarado matchup. Ill tell ya, after seeing West Columbia Friday, hope people dont sleep on them.

i thought about you the first series against cleveland, we got 3 holding calls the first 3 plays, each play scoring on a sweep, so on the fourth play barbay put gilbert in the slot on a quick break from the huddle and quick snap count, he pitched it left to monroe who got a head of steam going only to pitch it on a belly pitch to gilbert going back the other direction...about 3 of the indians defense went to the ground trying to switch gears that fast and several just stopped running, put their hands on their hips and watched gilbert like they were thinking "i havent caught this guy yet, why would i hope to catch him while im running the wrong direction?"....

felicia said "your friend that watched the orangefield game with us woulda liked that one"....she was right.....4 plays, 4 tds, the last one ankle breaking....

Gsquared
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
i thought about you the first series against cleveland, we got 3 holding calls the first 3 plays, each play scoring on a sweep, so on the fourth play barbay put gilbert in the slot on a quick break from the huddle and quick snap count, he pitched it left to monroe who got a head of steam going only to pitch it on a belly pitch to gilbert going back the other direction...about 3 of the indians defense went to the ground trying to switch gears that fast and several just stopped running, put their hands on their hips and watched gilbert like they were thinking "i havent caught this guy yet, why would i hope to catch him while im running the wrong direction?"....

felicia said "your friend that watched the orangefield game with us woulda liked that one"....she was right.....4 plays, 4 tds, the last one ankle breaking....Wow, I would have loved to see that! Gilbert and Monroe are fun to watch.

Lions88
10-17-2011, 11:31 AM
So if you had to predict a final as of October 17th, would you have Henderson and Chapel Hill?

trojandad
10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
while the playoff predictor on massey would have us winning a neutral site game against alvarado 26 - 24, it ranks alvarados defense far above ours, 9th to 62nd (considering all schools in texas).....

cowboyandchrist
10-17-2011, 06:33 PM
If they can do the same against an East Texas team, I will be a believer. Brownwood slaughtered everybody until they played a team from the East. It sounds like they are a team they fits in with Chapell Hill, Henderson, Carthage, Gilmer, and Cold Springs. I hope to get see your team play in the playoffs.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
that is very good...the word is passing around a coldspring board that we obtained #1 defensive status in the state...im asking where they got that from but havent gotten an answer yet...i remember wos-87 used to refer to a ranking board when his mustangs were doing well but i dont remember which one hed refer to....but yes, our numbers are just a tad better, not much tho....

Check out this link and this will answer your question:

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Alvarado-High-School-Alvarado-TX/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/CFB76376/

trojandad
10-17-2011, 09:35 PM
according to that, we have a #10 defense rating but a #1 overall 3a rating, with you guys at #2....wouldnt THAT be fun?!?!?(do you guys go dII?)

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-17-2011, 09:38 PM
It would be fun!

Buckeye80
10-17-2011, 11:39 PM
The Massey ratings are fun. You can literally match anyone in the country with anyone in the country and simulate a game. However, their criteria is somewhat lacking. For instance, last week Gilmer was ranked number 24 in the state just ahead of the number 25 5A Lufkin Panthers. To think that Gilmer would be able to stay on the field with Lufkin for more than maybe a quarter is laughable. So take the Massey Ratings with a grain of salt. Outside of their top 5 or 6 teams, their ratings are a little skewed.:p

regaleagle
10-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Don't you mean "if" instead of "when" Lions 88?? Henderson must get thru Region 2 clean first, and so must Alvarado thru Region 1 "if" the two teams are to meet this year. Much stands in the way and many things can happen before such a meeting could take place.

trojandad
10-18-2011, 07:50 AM
The Massey ratings are fun. You can literally match anyone in the country with anyone in the country and simulate a game. However, their criteria is somewhat lacking. For instance, last week Gilmer was ranked number 24 in the state just ahead of the number 25 5A Lufkin Panthers. To think that Gilmer would be able to stay on the field with Lufkin for more than maybe a quarter is laughable. So take the Massey Ratings with a grain of salt. Outside of their top 5 or 6 teams, their ratings are a little skewed.:p

while i completely agree with you on their ratings, comparisons like that come from other places as well...i posted a while back that the shepherd coach, who evidently txb was familiar with from winning state at the 5a level, said hes never coached against a 5a team with a better starting 22 than coldspring...i told txb that he may have just been saving face since we beat him so badly, but i was amazed at the quote....i was like you, compared to 5a kings?...who knows?

JustAFan
10-18-2011, 07:57 AM
according to that, we have a #10 defense rating but a #1 overall 3a rating, with you guys at #2....wouldnt THAT be fun?!?!?(do you guys go dII?)
Alvarado will be D1 no matter what. They have the largest enrollment in their district.

Gsquared
10-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Alvarado will be D1 no matter what. They have the largest enrollment in their district.
I think he means # 2 defense, not div 2

JustAFan
10-18-2011, 08:11 AM
I think he means # 2 defense, not div 2
His question in parenthesis is "do you guys go dII?"

Gsquared
10-18-2011, 08:13 AM
His question in parenthesis is "do you guys go dII?"
Lol, doh, sorry. Ive only had one pot of coffee. Dont mind me, im just observing this morning

trojandad
10-18-2011, 08:21 AM
actually i was wanting to know if they were going dI or dII, i probably should have known from earlier talks but didnt, my bad....

Buckeye80
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
while i completely agree with you on their ratings, comparisons like that come from other places as well...i posted a while back that the shepherd coach, who evidently txb was familiar with from winning state at the 5a level, said hes never coached against a 5a team with a better starting 22 than coldspring...i told txb that he may have just been saving face since we beat him so badly, but i was amazed at the quote....i was like you, compared to 5a kings?...who knows?

I've always said that crossing one classification line is fine. Crossing two rarely ever works. 5A schools simply have too many kids to put on the field. I don't care how good these 3A kids are. They will get tired. And the 5A schools have a seemingly endless supply of talent to keep running on the field. Talent for talent, many 3A schools can stand toe to toe with the 5A's. But in a game setting, fatigue would be the deciding factor.

trojandad
10-18-2011, 08:57 AM
I've always said that crossing one classification line is fine. Crossing two rarely ever works. 5A schools simply have too many kids to put on the field. I don't care how good these 3A kids are. They will get tired. And the 5A schools have a seemingly endless supply of talent to keep running on the field. Talent for talent, many 3A schools can stand toe to toe with the 5A's. But in a game setting, fatigue would be the deciding factor.

yea, thats prolly why he stopped with the 1st 22.....