PDA

View Full Version : Henderson @ Carthage Battle of defending champions.

Lion70
10-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Henderson 7-0 D1 Champ plays @ 4-3 Carthage D 2 Champ. Who you got.
Carthage lost to Chapel hill , Lindale, & Gilmer all state ranked teams. Common foe Center which both blew out.

CHS_89
10-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Carthage lost to Chapel hill , Lindale, & Gilmer all state ranked teams. Common foe Center which both blew out.

Gotta go with Henderson...QB is a stud. I think they repeat this year.

Lion70
10-15-2011, 07:53 AM
I agree lions win but this game is always close and there three losses were close ones. Carthage record id decieving.

buckeyebob
10-16-2011, 08:47 AM
I got to go with our brethren to the south in Henason...although, it is the Bulldogs and we all know what they are capable of. Lions get the nod if they have it together...Carthrage if they don't.

regaleagle
10-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Not close, this time. Sorry Carthage. I know you played Gilmer to the very end, that you lost by one point to Chapel Hill, that Lindale was also a close game earlier this season and your offense has come along since then. But so has Henderson's. Their qb is a star, their offense is rolling, and their D is tough. This time, the game will not be close. Henderson is loaded for bear, and will be one. Henderson by 21.

garciap77
10-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Carhtage by 21!

Gsquared
10-16-2011, 04:27 PM
I got to go with our brethren to the south in Henason...although, it is the Bulldogs and we all know what they are capable of. Lions get the nod if they have it together...Carthrage if they don't.

Not so fast my friend, while I think Henderson will win this game, don't be suprised to see Carthage come out with the win. Carthage at home, they have gone thru the gauntlet, Henderson hasn't yet, their gauntlet run starts FridAy. Can't wait to see this one. Draggin TXB to Carthage with me to see it

OldNavy
10-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Not so fast my friend, while I think Henderson will win this game, don't be suprised to see Carthage come out with the win. Carthage at home, they have gone thru the gauntlet, Henderson hasn't yet, their gauntlet run starts FridAy. Can't wait to see this one. Draggin TXB to Carthage with me to see it

Are you going to broadcast this game?

SHSBulldog00
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I would love to drive up to Carthage this week but I'm not able.

buckeyebob
10-17-2011, 04:45 AM

Exactley what I saidthe bulldogs are the Bulldogs & they are capable of taking the best on...just ask Brownwood....even said that Carthage would take it if the Lions don't have it together. There is no doubt in my mind that the Buckeyes have a better team than Carthrage this year but it was all we could do to show that we did.

waterboy
10-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Carthage has definitely improved a LOT as the season has progressed, probably not good news for the rest of D2, BUT Henderson is already there. Being as this game is in Carthage, I think this will be a relatively close game. If Carthage plays against Henderson like they did against Gilmer, this game will be decided in the 4th quarter. If Henderson gets up early, the Lions will likely win by about 2 TDs. The biggest advantage I see for Carthage is that they've played a much tougher schedule, are at home, and are used to tight games, but I see Henderson as a veteran team that knows how to close out a win now.

Henderson 37
Carthage 28

cowboyandchrist
10-17-2011, 06:52 PM
I disagree with the Buckeyes being better than the Dawgs. Yes they won the game, but it could of gone the other way just as easy. Last second field goal at your home. In Carthage, I believe they beat Gimer. The Dawgs have 7 sophmores starting and are getting better every snap of the ball. Come playoff time, it will be hard for anybody to beat them. Henderson makes any mistakes Carthage will win the game. Gilmer will be a force in the playoffs even without Turner, the back up is the head football coaches son and has agreed to play for the Rice Owls. All three teams will make a deep run in the playoffs and all three have speed to burn.

Buckeye80
10-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I disagree with the Buckeyes being better than the Dawgs. Yes they won the game, but it could of gone the other way just as easy.

Nah. He's right. The Buckeyes are a better team than Carthage this year. They are in fact three points better than Carthage. You can guess about what would've could've should've, but the Buckeyes won. That makes them the better team. We, the Buckeyes, have never lost to a team that wasn't better than we were.
With Luke out, the view gets quite a bit murkier, if only because of the unknown. Jordan Traylor played sparingly at QB last year and did fine. And from what I saw Friday, he will be able to handle everything that comes his way. And if someone can think of a more pressure packed trial by fire than taking your first snaps at QB of the year against the three time defending state champions in a tie game in the 4th quarter, and being expected to drive the length of the field for the game winning score, I'd like to hear it.

As to Friday's epic showdown, I think Henderson wins by at least two TD's. The Carthage defense is good. But that Henderson offense is insane. Pope can shut down one side of the field at safety, but only one side. And the Lions are loaded with receivers! I think its a game for a half.

Halftime. Carthage 13 Henderson 20
Final. Carthage 24 Henderson 41

MGAR
10-17-2011, 10:10 PM

I shall see y'all there... word

pirate4state
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Draggin TXB to Carthage with me to see it g2 curse will be offset by the presence of txb. but just to be on the safe side someone better buy g2 a frito pie or something. lol

gatordaze
10-18-2011, 10:56 AM

Perfect football weekend for Gatordaze! Friday is bye week for Celina so we are going to Carthage/Henderson on our way to Baton Rouge for LSU/Auburn.

This has been an awesome season so far. Bobcats are 7-0 and we have gone to Texas/Rice, Texas A&M/SMU, Oklahoma/Missouri, Arkansas/Troy, SMU/UTEP, Florida/Alabama, and SMU/UCF.

Although the games are free for recruits the travel and meals seem to be piling up. I guess I can just make more green and enjoy this special time with my sons.

Looking forward to some of that ET speed this week! Go Carthage!