PDA

View Full Version : Giddings at Smithville - Oct 21st

1st and goal
10-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Smithville is coming into this game undefeated. IMO, Giddings has played a bit higher level of competition and is 6-1.

Who you got?

Pudlugger
10-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I have not seen Smithville play this year but Giddings has plenty of talent. They have both size and speed. If the Buffs don't get up for this game they can be defeated. That said, Buffs by 14.

gameface
10-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Smithville has to play all out to beat the Buffs. Home field, speed and confidence of Tigers can help for one 1/2 but I'll not sure for 2. Solid intensity, big plays and early scores can assist but Buffs mass and skill will likely trump los tigres. Buffs by 10 but I'm for the underdog!!:)

jrhernandez7
10-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Its going to be a battle next friday when the buffs come to town. Smithville has to keep it close early and not get in a hole. If we do I think we can win it in the 4th. We are deep, and field a offense and a d-fence and have to try to ware down the buffs. Its going to be a great environment in smithville as if the attendance @ rockdale was any indication of next week at home when the 6-1 buffs come calling its going to be crazy. Giddings likes to run the rock and stoping the run has been smithville's strong point all year.

hookandladder
10-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Its going to be a battle next friday when the buffs come to town. Smithville has to keep it close early and not get in a hole. If we do I think we can win it in the 4th. We are deep, and field a offense and a d-fence and have to try to ware down the buffs. Its going to be a great environment in smithville as if the attendance @ rockdale was any indication of next week at home when the 6-1 buffs come calling its going to be crazy. Giddings likes to run the rock and stoping the run has been smithville's strong point all year.

Giddings does both very well, their QB is one of the best that I have seen in Giddings. If you stack the line he will burn you deep, to many athletes and speed on the field for Giddings. This is Smithville's respect game, if you guys can win this game you've earned it. I just do not see that happening, Giddings by 2 Tds.

1st and goal
10-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Possibly GOTW?

So what happened in the Rockdale/Smithville game? Some folks were saying Smithville played dirty. Late in the game when it was out of reach, a Rockdale player was ejected for a personal foul....Payback? I need some lowdown. Someone drop a dime.

hookandladder
10-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Possibly GOTW?

So what happened in the Rockdale/Smithville game? Some folks were saying Smithville played dirty. Late in the game when it was out of reach, a Rockdale player was ejected for a personal foul....Payback? I need some lowdown. Someone drop a dime.

I will watch the game on Hundl this week and see if I see anything.

1st and goal
10-16-2011, 10:59 AM
When I posted possible GOTW, I had forgotten about Bellville at Sealy. Both games are sporting teams with excellent records. It also seems both games are litmus tests to confirm legitamacy of Smithville's and Bellville's programs. There are probably other games that are legit for GOTW. Region III editor has done a heck of a job picking the games from which some of us are trying our best to pick the winners. This week's games are probably the toughest yet to pick winners.

Back to this thread, my guess is that with homefield advantage (wonder where the ref's are from?) and a big home crowd, Smithville will be fired up. I think as the game wears on, the Buff's O and D will wear on them. Especially if they have many players going both ways. I hope the Buffs "air it out", as I feel we'll need the experience from it later on. We were slow out of the gate against Caldwell, but once we got rolling, it was downhill.

Does anyone know how many Smithville is suiting up? I should've counted how many Caldwell was suiting up but I didn't. I just know they didn't have as many as we did.

jrhernandez7
10-16-2011, 01:17 PM
When I posted possible GOTW, I had forgotten about Bellville at Sealy. Both games are sporting teams with excellent records. It also seems both games are litmus tests to confirm legitamacy of Smithville's and Bellville's programs. There are probably other games that are legit for GOTW. Region III editor has done a heck of a job picking the games from which some of us are trying our best to pick the winners. This week's games are probably the toughest yet to pick winners.

Back to this thread, my guess is that with homefield advantage (wonder where the ref's are from?) and a big home crowd, Smithville will be fired up. I think as the game wears on, the Buff's O and D will wear on them. Especially if they have many players going both ways. I hope the Buffs "air it out", as I feel we'll need the experience from it later on. We were slow out of the gate against Caldwell, but once we got rolling, it was downhill.

Does anyone know how many Smithville is suiting up? I should've counted how many Caldwell was suiting up but I didn't. I just know they didn't have as many as we did.

smithville is very deep. the tigers field a offensive and defense units with no two way starters. They wore down rockdale and won the last game in the last 6 min.

duckhunter
10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
They will be dancing in the streets of Smithville IF the Tigers win this game.

buff4ever
10-17-2011, 08:39 AM
I think we will be handing Smithville their 1st loss of the season. The games with Columbus and Rockdale show that they are not unbeatable. Those two teams are down and almost took them down. With our talent level at skilled positions, I wouldn't call us down. We should be the best Smithville has played to this point.

I don't expect to, but I will eat my portion of Crow if I am wrong here.

jrhernandez7
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
yes giddings is the best team the tigers played an coach Wiley and his team are very aware of that. but this could be the best team the Buffalo played since elgin and my tigers are very similar to them as far as athletes. the Buffalo can be beat, elgin and LG showed us that. its going to be a battle Friday night in front of a hostile environment. gut check time for my tigers and they are going into this game 100% BELEVING there going to come away with a W. the "black swarm" tiger d-fence will make this interesting!

buff4ever
10-17-2011, 09:08 AM
yes giddings is the best team the tigers played an coach Wiley and his team are very aware of that. but this could be the best team the Buffalo played since elgin and my tigers are very similar to them as far as athletes. the Buffalo can be beat, elgin and LG showed us that. its going to be a battle Friday night in front of a hostile environment. gut check time for my tigers and they are going into this game 100% BELEVING there going to come away with a W. the "black swarm" tiger d-fence will make this interesting!

Ok, I would expect you to say nothing different than this.

duckhunter
10-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Ok, I would expect you to say nothing different than this.

giddings sucks

hollywood
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
So not one person other than J.R. picking the Tigers?

1st and goal
10-17-2011, 10:53 AM
giddings sucks

So does your measly duck picture with a few redheads....who shot them for you? I know you didn't....unless they landed on the end of your blunderbuss.:stirpot:

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Giddings by 21+

jrhernandez7
10-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I have to give Rockdale credit they played with a lot of emotion. listing to 98.5 on the way in their coach new that game was for their season and they played really hard then throw in homecoming and we got rockdale best shot on the road and found a way. there is no secret the tigers are big under dogs against giddings but they accept that. we know the buffs and what they got athlete wise and coach Wiley may even know the Buffalo players better than their own coach watching them since they where in Jr. high. we have to play swarming D wrap up and play with emotion like rockdale did against us.anything is possible and that bunch of tigers believe that they can beat anybody in this district. get your popcorn ready Buffalo its going to be a show!

1st and goal
10-17-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm trying to grow out my fingernails a bit 'cuz I know this will be a nailbiter.

Dogman_1969
10-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Giddings by 14 points. Giddings plays very well in hostile places.....

1st and goal
10-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Giddings by 14 points. Giddings plays very well in hostile places.....

We will pack the stand on the visitors side. Just like we did at Lagrange.

Manso/V8
10-17-2011, 08:22 PM
After thinking about this for a couple of days, I'm gonna have to say.............i dunno.

Good luck to both teams!

duckhunter
10-17-2011, 09:07 PM
should be an exciting contest on Friday....somebody from Smithville might be able to chime in here, but I'm assuming this is the biggest game the Tigers have played in within the past 15 years or so? Im thinking the stands will be packed?

Buff42
10-17-2011, 10:19 PM

Again.......spell check is your friend

Buff42
10-17-2011, 10:21 PM
giddings sucks

Your junky ol' duck blind sucks

jrhernandez7
10-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Again.......spell check is your friend

lol get that grammar police stuff out of here. This is a msg board not the writing section of the S.A.T

duckhunter
10-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Your junky ol' duck blind sucksthe Giddings Tatonka have ugly jersey's

1st and goal
10-18-2011, 07:50 AM
the Giddings Tatonka have ugly jersey's

That's the cleanest pair of duck hunting boots I've ever seen outside of Cabellas... Did you wax them?

Pudlugger
10-18-2011, 07:56 AM
So does your measly duck picture with a few redheads....who shot them for you? I know you didn't....unless they landed on the end of your blunderbuss.:stirpot:

:clap:

jrhernandez7
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
just heard on the radio this is kase 101 game of the week and the statesman has this central Texas 3a & under #3 giddings @ #4 Smithville in a "district 23 showdown ". this game is starting to get the media coverage both schools deserve an as the week goes on it will just magnifie. The big lights are going be on and the stage is set.

Old Tiger
10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
We will pack the stand on the visitors side. Just like we did at Lagrange.That doesn't take much at La Grange, just sayin.

1st and goal
10-18-2011, 12:49 PM
That doesn't take much at La Grange, just sayin.

I think we had more than they did for a while.

pirate4state
10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Good luck, Buffs!

Manso/V8
10-18-2011, 01:48 PM
just heard on the radio this is kase 101 game of the week and the statesman has this central Texas 3a & under #3 giddings @ #4 Smithville in a "district 23 showdown ". this game is starting to get the media coverage both schools deserve an as the week goes on it will just magnifie. The big lights are going be on and the stage is set.

any hollywood types showing up for the game?

hollywood
10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
any hollywood types showing up for the game?

I could be in the area Friday but doubt I'll get to slide down to Smithville for the big show.

hollywood
10-18-2011, 01:59 PM

Are you taking the day off Friday to get ready for the big show? Tailgate party going on anywhere?

hollywood
10-18-2011, 02:01 PM
If Smithville wins, be prepared for this thread to explode.

Manso/V8
10-18-2011, 02:18 PM
If Smithville wins, be prepared for this thread to explode.

If Smithville wins, the Buff posters will pull power and get the thread deleted, and may be try to get jr's account suspended for a while!

jrhernandez7
10-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Are you taking the day off Friday to get ready for the big show? Tailgate party going on anywhere?
no but close! I work at a family business at it be hard but closing up shop at noon to start the festivities. wont be BBQ all out tail gating. but it has been a trend/ new tradition to back my pick up truck with many others on the south endzone right up to the fence and watch the game from the bed my truck in a lawn chair. the trucks are lined all the way down and ppl standing all around and it's a party atmosphere out there with a great view and only maybe 15 yards from the field. and when the tiger score everyone blows there car horn. really is unique and a great thing to see.

Old Tiger
10-18-2011, 03:14 PM
If Smithville wins, the Buff posters will pull power and get the thread deleted, and may be try to get jr's account suspended for a while!lol Giddings people have no power here...if you want power here talk to me.

buff4ever
10-18-2011, 04:12 PM
lol Giddings people have no power here...if you want power here talk to me.

You might have some powers, to have had as many names as you have over the years. After all your bonehead mistakes, you keep getting back in.

Now it all makes sense, you have the powers.

Oh yeah, Smithville sux.:)

1st and goal
10-19-2011, 07:50 AM
lol Giddings people have no power here...if you want power here talk to me.

You ain't got enough power to pull a buttered string out of a hog's @r$$.

buff4ever
10-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I think this game is very intriguing. Smithville I truly believe is a good football team. To top that off, they fear that if they lose this game, then navasota, and La Grange that they will get same rep as past Smithville teams that played weak schedule then couldn't hang in tougher district play. They know they have to win one of these games or they don't make the playoffs. Smithville is going to play Giddings like they never have this Friday, and it will be interesting to see just how good they are.

trojandad
10-19-2011, 09:42 AM
so many people are rooting for smithville with all they have been thru this year...i honestly dont have a clue which way this one will go, that wo-s game threw me as far as how good giddings is (MAN i wish my clutch hadnt gone out in my truck, i wanted to see that one bad)....so many people say giddings won it, some say wo-s fumbled it away, and the stats read like a chinese fire drill....

i hope its a tight game, i believe it will be, cause neither of these teams deserve a blow out from the other, theyve worked too hard to get to this place to wonder just how good they really are...i predict a game like navasota - lagrange had....a coin toss either way...maybe an edge to whomever the home team is...

duckhunter
10-19-2011, 09:50 AM
I think this game is very intriguing. Smithville I truly believe is a good football team. To top that off, they fear that if they lose this game, then navasota, and La Grange that they will get same rep as past Smithville teams that played weak schedule then couldn't hang in tougher district play. They know they have to win one of these games or they don't make the playoffs. Smithville is going to play Giddings like they never have this Friday, and it will be interesting to see just how good they are.

well said buff....Smithville is still getting no respect this season, but honestly they havent done enough to deserve it. They have won big this year, and have beaten all the teams they have played, but that is what should be expected of them with the way most teams on their schedule are down this year. However, I do believe Smithville can beat Giddings, and most likely will. After a win on Friday the "respect" level will definently go up. If you want to be considered a serious team, these are the type of games you must win. Should be a helluva game and atmosphere in Smithville.

the Tatonka suck.

hookandladder
10-19-2011, 10:16 AM
If Smithville would have dominated the Rockdale game then I would think they have a shot at beating Giddings but that did not happen, after playing both Giddings and Navasota I feel Giddings is the over best overall team in our District. I think Smithville only has a chance to win this game if Giddings has turnovers and mistakes, Giddings has size on the OL and Glenn is a beast at running the ball. Also Ware has some excellent talent at WR and I just do not see Smithville being able to handle Giddings running and passing game, if there is a blowout in this game it will be Giddings on top. I will eat crow if it is the other way around, just do not see that happening.

buff4ever
10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Your still just mad that eveyrone made fun of your shooting, your ducks, and your boots. If I were going to post a duck picture on here and call myself duck hunter, I definetely have better hunt pics than that.:)

1st and goal
10-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Mistakes and the ability to sustain a drive will be the keys to the game.

duckhunter
10-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I definetely have better hunt pics than that.:)

THEN I WOULD HAVE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME FOR POSTING PICTURES THAT ARE FAKE, OR ARENT FROM AN ACUTAL HUNT. I CHOSE TO POST A PICTURE FROM A DECENT HUNT TO REPRESENT MY HANDLE AND GIVE A LITTLE DECORATION. NOW YOU WILL MAKE FUN OF ME FOR POSTING IN ALL CAPS. ....EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN GIDDINGS I KNOW, EXCEPT THEIR RESTRAUNTS, HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL FIELD, WAL MART, SOFTBALL FIELD, TOWN BEAUTY,....ETC. :wave:

HELL THE BUCKYEE'S EVEN IS DECENT AT BEST. MY CLOSET IS BIGGER:1popcorn:

1st and goal
10-19-2011, 02:13 PM
THEN I WOULD HAVE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME FOR POSTING PICTURES THAT ARE FAKE, OR ARENT FROM AN ACUTAL HUNT. I CHOSE TO POST A PICTURE FROM A DECENT HUNT TO REPRESENT MY HANDLE AND GIVE A LITTLE DECORATION. NOW YOU WILL MAKE FUN OF ME FOR POSTING IN ALL CAPS. ....EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN GIDDINGS I KNOW, EXCEPT THEIR RESTRAUNTS, HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL FIELD, WAL MART, SOFTBALL FIELD, TOWN BEAUTY,....ETC. :wave:

HELL THE BUCKYEE'S EVEN IS DECENT AT BEST. MY CLOSET IS BIGGER:1popcorn:

aCtuAlLy, I wAs gOnNa sAy, As niCe aS yoUr maMa is, tHoSe mUdboOts dOn'T dO noThInG fOr HeR sTyLe...

PS. I agree with you on the restaurants...

duckhunter
10-19-2011, 03:34 PM
aCtuAlLy, I wAs gOnNa sAy, As niCe aS yoUr maMa is, tHoSe mUdboOts dOn'T dO noThInG fOr HeR sTyLe...

PS. I agree with you on the restaurants...

all joking aside, Giddings is dang lucky having a Whatabuger in town.:2thumbsup

Pudlugger
10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Well at least he has them all in a row.

jrhernandez7
10-19-2011, 07:02 PM
http://bastropadvertiser.com/2011/10/18/football-game-of-the-week-breakdown-giddings-at-smithville/
The Bastrop Advertiser's preview of this game.

jrhernandez7
10-19-2011, 07:05 PM
http://bastropadvertiser.com/2011/10/18/football-tigers-can-likely-stamp-ticket-to-postseason-with-win-friday/

and this is a article on the historical significance of this game for the tigers.

1st and goal
10-19-2011, 07:38 PM
http://bastropadvertiser.com/2011/10/18/football-tigers-can-likely-stamp-ticket-to-postseason-with-win-friday/

and this is a article on the historical significance of this game for the tigers.

Neither of those articles take strength of schedule into account.

jrhernandez7
10-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Neither of those articles take strength of schedule into account.

I didnt say they where not biased articles. lol It is a Bastrop paper.

1st and goal
10-19-2011, 08:08 PM
all joking aside, Giddings is dang lucky having a Whatabuger in town.:2thumbsup

Yah, and right now they have all the favorites available. Honey BBQ Chicken Strip sandwhich on wheat is my favorite. Not sure if Green Chile burger is available still????

gameface
10-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Giddings has a lot of strength, speed and skill. Smithville has a lot of strength, speed and will. This week I will pick the will over the skill. I've been sporting my Tiger shirt since the 0-30 days to rally for our wounded neighbors west of us. I predict an upset at Tiger stadium by one(1)!:crazy:

Pudlugger
10-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Giddings has a lot of strength, speed and skill. Smithville has a lot of strength, speed and will. This week I will pick the will over the skill. I've been sporting my Tiger shirt since the 0-30 days to rally for our wounded neighbors west of us. I predict an upset at Tiger stadium by one(1)!:crazy:

A Smithville win puts D23 in a possible three way tie at 3-2 assuming Navasota goes undefeated and LG wins out. Man this race is going to be interesting.
One game at a time is the best motto for now as it is tempting but dangerous to look ahead .

hollywood
10-20-2011, 08:17 AM

Smithville's uniforms are better than Gidding's. Are the home all black?

Buff42
10-20-2011, 08:42 AM
If Smithville wins, the Buff posters will pull power and get the thread deleted, and may be try to get jr's account suspended for a while!

Nah, we love JR. We're all going to chip in a pay for a month of typing services for him from a local English teacher there in Smithville.

jrhernandez7
10-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Nah, we love JR. We're all going to chip in a pay for a month of typing services for him from a local English teacher there in Smithville.

I'm slowly starting to figure out why nobody likes ppl from giddings. I can sense your nervousness all the way over here.

Buff42
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm truly pulling for Smithville to make the playoffs this year........

buff4ever
10-20-2011, 09:15 AM
ouch, now people don't like us, funny I have friends from most towns in our district, and surrounding districts, and I don't get that from them. Maybe on here, where we are talking smack for fun.

To the nervousness, not really, I expect we will win this game. I do think that Smithville is a legit contender this year, but do not feel like they will be as good as WOS, La Grange, or Elgin. So if Giddings plays to our potential and doesn't make a bunch of costly mistakes (which we are doing LESS of this year than last couple), then I expect there will not be an upset in this game. We have played some week teams this year, but we have also played some better teams. Smithville has not played anyone to La Grange's level yet, much less a WOS. What I am saying is that our boys will be on a field confident that they are the better team, and Smithville is still wondering where they compare with this level of a team. Nervousness is on your end, in my opinion.

I am going to apologize for this next sentence, it is a little PUDlike. I wouldn't be surprised if Giddings boys don't feel like they have a little to prove in this game. All the talk about Smithville beating Giddings and this is Smithville's year, I expect the buffs to play with some definite intention in this game and not go in flat at all. Probably going to hit you in the mouth early and often to set a tone and send a message (I meant this cleanly, our boys are playing good clean ball, they have learned they can bring the hat and attitude this year with out the post whistle stuff).

Buff42
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
ouch, now people don't like us, funny I have friends from most towns in our district, and surrounding districts, and I don't get that from them. Maybe on here, where we are talking smack for fun.

To the nervousness, not really, I expect we will win this game. I do think that Smithville is a legit contender this year, but do not feel like they will be as good as WOS, La Grange, or Elgin. So if Giddings plays to our potential and doesn't make a bunch of costly mistakes (which we are doing LESS of this year than last couple), then I expect there will not be an upset in this game. We have played some week teams this year, but we have also played some better teams. Smithville has not played anyone to La Grange's level yet, much less a WOS. What I am saying is that our boys will be on a field confident that they are the better team, and Smithville is still wondering where they compare with this level of a team. Nervousness is on your end, in my opinion.

I am going to apologize for this next sentence, it is a little PUDlike. I wouldn't be surprised if Giddings boys don't feel like they have a little to prove in this game. All the talk about Smithville beating Giddings and this is Smithville's year, I expect the buffs to play with some definite intention in this game and not go in flat at all. Probably going to hit you in the mouth early and often to set a tone and send a message (I meant this cleanly, our boys are playing good clean ball, they have learned they can bring the hat and attitude this year with out the post whistle stuff).

+1 Well said.....

:stirpot:

jrhernandez7
10-20-2011, 09:59 AM
I expect the buffs to play with some definite intention in this game and not go in flat at all. Probably going to hit you in the mouth early and often to set a tone and send a message (I meant this cleanly, our boys are playing good clean ball, they have learned they can bring the hat and attitude this year with out the post whistle stuff).
I hope the Buffalo try to play smash mouth, thats exactly what the tigers are hoping for. y'all guys have speed but have more finesse runners with exception of a inside counter play. We have to be ready for that dinky reverse but I have confidence the tiger D will be more than up for the task and show there stripes don't run.

1st and goal
10-20-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm slowly starting to figure out why nobody likes ppl from giddings. I can sense your nervousness all the way over here.

It all just some fun Jr, 'til the kickoff anyway. I'd like to see Smithville make the playoffs too.

Hope its a clean, fairly officiated game.

Pudlugger
10-20-2011, 11:54 AM
PudLike?:twitch:

Buff42
10-20-2011, 02:05 PM
I hope the Buffalo try to play smash mouth, thats exactly what the tigers are hoping for. y'all guys have speed but have more finesse runners with exception of a inside counter play. We have to be ready for that dinky reverse but I have confidence the tiger D will be more than up for the task and show there stripes don't run.

You might not like how we smash mouth. Just sayin' :twitch::twitch::twitch:

1st and goal
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM

I think you guys best get your best game on. I hope we open it up and air it out.

1st and goal
10-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know the JV score?
I drove past (what I think was the freshman) on the way home at 6:30 and glanced at the scoreboard. Buffs were winning 38-7 at the time.

buff4ever
10-20-2011, 11:20 PM
P
Does anyone know the JV score?
I drove past (what I think was the freshman) on the way home at 6:30 and glanced at the scoreboard. Buffs were winning 38-7 at the time.

I can't remember the scores but both buff trams won pretty big. Got scores from bud, one of them was 40s to 20s, and jv I think was upper 30s to 12ish.

Smithville ran into someone good!

Dogman_1969
10-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Is this game streamed by some web site so folks could listen on the web?

gameface
10-21-2011, 07:01 AM
Go get'em Tigers!! Orange and Black by 1.

zebrablue2
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Harris poll has the Buffs as 17 pt. fav... Will see how it plays out!!!

Buff42
10-21-2011, 08:45 AM
P

I can't remember the scores but both buff trams won pretty big. Got scores from bud, one of them was 40s to 20s, and jv I think was upper 30s to 12ish.

Smithville ran into someone good!

7th and 8th grades won also. Buffs 7th graders pitched a shutout. Sville 8th grade ran the opening KO in for a TD and made a 2 pt conversion, then went flat (I think they had 1 first down all night). Buffs 8th grade won 19-8. With that said, the middle school Tigers had some great athletes and played very hard. I wonder if coaching may be the issue?

duckhunter
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
7th and 8th grades won also. Buffs 7th graders pitched a shutout. Sville 8th grade ran the opening KO in for a TD and made a 2 pt conversion, then went flat (I think they had 1 first down all night). Buffs 8th grade won 19-8. With that said, the middle school Tigers had some great athletes and played very hard. I wonder if coaching may be the issue?

90% of the time the bigger, faster team win in junior high football. not the best coached

1st and goal
10-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Reflecting back over the years, seems we've had some standout performances by key players.

Years ago in Smithville, Brock and team ran up and down the field at will putting over 60 points on the board. At the end of the game, the Tiger's coach made the whole team line up on the sideline, with their helmets off, and watch the Buffs exit the field. Not exactly sure what all that was about, but I hope it was a show of respect (but probably more aimed at creating a bad memory in the junior players). Then in Smithville again maybe 2 years ago Marcellus Mack (sp?) caught multiple bombs (I think 4) in stride contributing to a win. I think it was 3 years ago in Buffalo Stadium, when Xavier McDaniels intercepted 5 passes for a record.

I can empathize with the fans of the Tigers. It has been a long drought. Not sure it will end tonight. Who will step up?

buff4ever
10-21-2011, 02:07 PM
smithville sux

hollywood
10-21-2011, 02:12 PM
If Smithville wins, who's coming back to eat crow?

And if Smithville wins, this thread will explode and we may see the longest run on sentence in history.

buff4ever
10-21-2011, 02:15 PM
I will gladly eat crow if Smithville wins, I just don't expect it.

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 02:20 PM
If Smithville wins, who's coming back to eat crow?

And if Smithville wins, this thread will explode and we may see the longest run on sentence in history.

Supporting the Tigers for reasons not directly connected to football. It's been a dramatic and yet special season thus far. Good luck tonight. :clap:

hollywood
10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Supporting the Tigers for reasons not directly connected to football. It's been a dramatic and yet special season thus far. Good luck tonight. :clap:

Same here. Don't know a lot about either team aside from this site but know Smithville will be dancing in the streets until the sun comes up if they win tonight.

Best of luck to both teams.

gambler1606
10-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Giddings is way to much for Smithville, it might get ugly!! Giddings 44 Smithville 14

jrhernandez7
10-21-2011, 05:27 PM
here is too a injury free , exciting game!

1st and goal
10-21-2011, 05:49 PM
here is too a injury free , exciting game!

Ditto jr. Hope the refs are good too.

1st and goal
10-21-2011, 05:53 PM

Does this mean it will be on kase 101 ?

Anybody know of any radio coverage?

solocam
10-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Smithville 7 Giddings 0 7 minutes to go in the 1st

BaseballUmp
10-21-2011, 08:38 PM
21-0 Smithville after they return the opening kickoff of the 2nd half 100 yards