View Full Version : Biggest surprise of the week

GrTigers6
10-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Snyder over Brownwood
Seminole over Monahans
Glen Rose over Kennedale
Robinson over China Spring
Or another upset

For me I was not surprised at Seminole beating monahans, just the difference of the score. I figured it would be a closer game.
Us and kennedale wasnt a shock for me because I knew we could do it just didnt know if we would, with all the injuries. LB-Leading tackler out, starting center out, But our replacements played exceptionally well.
Snyder beating Brownwood wasnt a shocker. I knew that was two teams close in talent and could have gone either way.

OldNavy
10-15-2011, 07:28 AM
I think Seminole dominating Monahans was a surprise. I didn't think the other games would have been upsets either way they might have gone.

OldNavy
10-15-2011, 08:08 AM
I was surprised not by the victors, but by the close margin of victory.

Sanger 24, Aubrey 21 and Lovejoy 21, Farmersville 14

I expected both of these to be more dominant wins. According to the box score, Aubrey gave up a long TD run of 78 yards, with no time left on the clock, at the end of the 1st half or they would have beaten Sanger. Aubrey played Sanger close last year also.

I read where Lovejoy had two or three injuries, but this score is still a surprise. Perhaps Farmersville is getting injured players back and starting to come into form. I am afraid it will be a little late for this year, but somethig to build on for next year. We will know more about them next week when they face Prosper.

Leopard4Life
10-15-2011, 08:19 AM
I was surprised not by the victors, but by the close margin of victory.

Sanger 24, Aubrey 21 and Lovejoy 21, Farmersville 14

I expected both of these to be more dominant wins. According to the box score, Aubrey gave up a long TD run of 78 yards, with no time left on the clock, at the end of the 1st half or they would have beaten Sanger. Aubrey played Sanger close last year also.

I read where Lovejoy had two or three injuries, but this score is still a surprise. Perhaps Farmersville is getting injured players back and starting to come into form. I am afraid it will be a little late for this year, but somethig to build on for next year. We will know more about them next week when they face Prosper.

Lovejoy played with no energy. The Farmersville kids were pumped up and played like it. Even with injured kids and bringing up JV players the Lovejoy squad suited about 45 players, Farmersville suited 30. Even before the Lovejoy starters got injured they looked flat. The score reflects how they played.

I was surprised by the Sanger score also...

MoveInDad
10-15-2011, 09:09 AM
That Celina scored just 35 pts against Anna

GrTigers6
10-15-2011, 09:10 AM
That Celina scored just 35 pts against AnnaI was a little bit surprised about that as well

MoveInDad
10-15-2011, 09:18 AM
I was a little bit surprised about that as well
Celina came out in the spread and it just wasn't clicking, lots of dropped passes (which is unusual for Celina receivers), and quite a few missed throws. We pounded the rock when we needed to, other than that it was a bad scrimmage, I'm sure they'll be working on that more over the bye week.

OldNavy
10-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Bridgeport and Mineral Wells, WOW! What a shootout! Bridgeport 52, Mineral Wells 49.

Roosevelt over Wilmer-Hutchins, Roosevelt came in 2 and 4 and Wilmer was 5 and 1. Dallas Roosevelt 27, Wilmer-Hutchins 20.

Bosqueville
10-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Seminole beating by Monahans by such a wide margin. The quarterback must be the real deal.

garciap77
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
That Celina scored just 35 pts against Anna

That should be counted as a lost for Celina!!!!:D

neck_06
10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Sweeny beat Palacios.

Tin Cup
10-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Brownwood over Snyder would have been a much bigger surprise. Snyder was and should have been favored.

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Sweeny beat Palacios.lmao

Black_Magic
10-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Brownwood over Snyder would have been a much bigger surprise. Snyder was and should have been favored. So brownwood has sunk to the depths of mediocrity??:clap: oh how your tune changes.

Tin Cup
10-17-2011, 09:16 PM
My tune hasn't changed. Snyder is an average program that will go 3/4 rounds deep in a terrible region this year, maybe. As for Brownwood this year, we will have our hands full even making the dance.

Black_Magic
10-18-2011, 09:02 AM
My tune hasn't changed. Snyder is an average program that will go 3/4 rounds deep in a terrible region this year, maybe. As for Brownwood this year, we will have our hands full even making the dance. News Flash.. Average Programs dont go 3 rounds deep in the playoffs year in and year out. when you get to the 4th round there are not but about 5% of the teams in Texas playing football at that time. Average IMO would be making the playoffs at least 50-70% of the time and then only going one round most of the time.. Guess by your own definition Brownwood you think is an average program??

Pendragon13
10-18-2011, 09:23 AM
News Flash.. Average Programs dont go 3 rounds deep in the playoffs year in and year out. when you get to the 4th round there are not but about 5% of the teams in Texas playing football at that time. Average IMO would be making the playoffs at least 50-70% of the time and then only going one round most of the time.. Guess by your own definition Brownwood you think is an average program??That's true about mediocre teams being exposed early, but realistically Snyder wouldn't get past the second round if they were D1 this year and had to face Alvarado.

OldNavy
10-18-2011, 09:45 AM
That's true about mediocre teams being exposed early, but realistically Snyder wouldn't get past the second round if they were D1 this year and had to face Alvarado.

A loss to Alvarado does not make a team average. When you meet in the playoffs, is luck of the draw. I think Prosper is a much better than average team and they lost to Alvarado. However, about half the teams in the state make the playoffs. Half of them move to the 2nd round. That is 25% that even play in the 2nd round, so average is making the playoffs. Winning the first round is above average, strictly number speaking.

A few years back, Gilmer had the BEST team in 3A, at least on paper. They were killing everyone, great offense, super quarterback, for sure state champions and probably did have one of, if not the best team in the state. Had a meeting with Liberty Eylau in the first round and lost. As the rankings go, they were not an average team that year, just met another great team haveing a great night and lost. I think Liberty Eylau went on to win the Championship that year in D1.

I would be willing to bet that coaches don't think Snyder is an average program and consider them a win automatically. They have a solid football foundation imho. What surprises me the most about some of the conversation coming out of a few of the Brownwood posters is, they more than most, should know how difficult it is to consistently win year after year. It ain't luck and it ain't breeding. When the luck and breeding fall into place, then you might win it all, and even then it is difficult.