PDA

View Full Version : Texas-Texas A&M

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Apparently the football rivalry will be on hold after this season
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7103015/texas-longhorns-deloss-dodds-tells-texas-bill-byrne-nonconference-schedule-full-2018

1st and goal
10-14-2011, 10:38 PM
I was just about to post the same thing.

Apparently, Texas is skeeered. :stirpot: :1popcorn:

http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/aggiesports/?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&UID=e92c63ae-7a29-47a9-964f-a5b8a648891a&plckPostId=Blog%3ae92c63ae-7a29-47a9-964f-a5b8a648891aPost%3a5b2a77f8-3806-4c08-8a02-58a549c1b02b&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

eagles_victory
10-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I was just about to post the same thing.

Apparently, Texas is skeeered. :stirpot: :1popcorn:

http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/aggiesports/?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&UID=e92c63ae-7a29-47a9-964f-a5b8a648891a&plckPostId=Blog%3ae92c63ae-7a29-47a9-964f-a5b8a648891aPost%3a5b2a77f8-3806-4c08-8a02-58a549c1b02b&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest I saw a tweet that pretty much states it perfectly. " Texas probably could of made room for A&M if they wanted to, but A&M could of stayed in the Big 12 if they wanted too"

neck_06
10-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I saw a tweet that pretty much states it perfectly. " Texas probably could of made room for A&M if they wanted to, but A&M could of stayed in the Big 12 if they wanted too"

True, but if you think A&M didn't have some good reasons to leave you're crazy.. And for the record, I don't think anyone is "scared" of anyone else, both sides are just really, reeeeeally proud & sometimes pride just gets in the way. I see it as a bad break up: you just don't want to see the other person for a while....and it makes you feel better talking about them behind their back, intentionally avoiding them, etc.

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2011, 11:45 PM
I honestly think people are over reaching claiming Texas is to prideful or mad that A&M is leaving..I simply dont think they see a benefit to playing the game now. And I agree..and really for both teams.

eagles_victory
10-14-2011, 11:46 PM
True, but if you think A&M didn't have some good reasons to leave you're crazy.. And for the record, I don't think anyone is "scared" of anyone else, both sides are just really, reeeeeally proud & sometimes pride just gets in the way. I see it as a bad break up: you just don't want to see the other person for a while....and it makes you feel better talking about them behind their back, intentionally avoiding them, etc. I never said they didn't have good reasons.

neck_06
10-14-2011, 11:50 PM
I honestly think people are over reaching claiming Texas is to prideful or mad that A&M is leaving..I simply dont think they see a benefit to playing the game now. And I agree..and really for both teams.

A&M is FINALLY starting to get back to where they were in the 90s, and are currently a better football program than Texas (don't bite my head off, I said CURRENTLY, not "the past 7 years").. That being said, not playing the game benefits the Horns more than the Ags right now from a recruiting standpoint..

neck_06
10-14-2011, 11:50 PM
I never said they didn't have good reasons.

Good. Then we agree. :)

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2011, 11:52 PM
A&M is FINALLY starting to get back to where they were in the 90s, and are currently a better football program than Texas (don't bite my head off, I said CURRENTLY, not "the past 7 years").. That being said, not playing the game benefits the Horns more than the Ags right now from a recruiting standpoint..

A&M MIGHT be getting back to that...we will see..they have had the this is the year we show we are back and spit the bit before

not sure how not playing the game right now helps UT recruiting wise compared to A&M

Emerson1
10-15-2011, 09:09 AM
A&M MIGHT be getting back to that...we will see..they have had the this is the year we show we are back and spit the bit before

not sure how not playing the game right now helps UT recruiting wise compared to A&M
One less game in Texas for a&m. They already lost one guy that didn't like that they would now be playing a lot further away more often.

I thought a&m was dominant in the 90s? They are still just above average.

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanksgiving will never be the same again with the Longhorns not playing the Aggies=Grew up watching this game every year or listening on the radio=It's too bad-I still blame Texas AD Deloss Dodds for them not wanting to play A&M

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanksgiving will never be the same again with the Longhorns not playing the Aggies=Grew up watching this game every year or listening on the radio=It's too bad-I still blame Texas AD Deloss Dodds for them not wanting to play A&M

Yea cause A&M leaving the conference had no bearing right?

eagleqb_14
10-15-2011, 11:32 AM
:( mannnnn

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm sure that had something to do with it-Still A&M wanted to play Texas- The Longhorns didn't seem to pursue it enough and make it become a reality- Read that Longhorns already had all their pre-conference schedules filled for the next serveral seasons

Old Tiger
10-15-2011, 11:39 AM
A&M is FINALLY starting to get back to where they were in the 90s, and are currently a better football program than Texas (don't bite my head off, I said CURRENTLY, not "the past 7 years").. That being said, not playing the game benefits the Horns more than the Ags right now from a recruiting standpoint..http://www.lindalanerealtor.com/images/FedExLogoXLg.jpg

????

Old Tiger
10-15-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm sure that had something to do with it-Still A&M wanted to play Texas- The Longhorns didn't seem to pursue it enough and make it become a reality- Read that Longhorns already had all their pre-conference schedules filled for the next serveral seasonsA&M used that they still wanted to play the game to make the Horns look like the bad guys when A&M left.

There is no benefit for Texas playing this game anymore...

OldNavy
10-15-2011, 12:35 PM
A&M used that they still wanted to play the game to make the Horns look like the bad guys when A&M left.

There is no benefit for Texas playing this game anymore...

Love them or hate them, A&M is involved in their 3rd very entertaining game in a row. I too will miss the rivalry, but heck I still miss the old South West Conference. I think maybe as you get older, you become more sentamental, I even miss Notre Dame not contending for a National Championship and I am a Baptist. I hope everything works out well for all involved in this mess. It turns out there was still football after the SWC, and who knows there may still be football when all this smoke clears.

1st and goal
10-15-2011, 09:33 PM
The rivalry is bigger than all of us meatheads. It is a shame that Deloss Dodds thinks he is bigger than the 3rd longest rivalry in America. He is a small, small, shell of a man guided by talking heads. The day of a Thanksgiving without the game, everyone from both teams will be thinking "what have we done?"

Texas is skaaaid.:stirpot::1popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtS6E0XE8A

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2011, 10:07 PM
:clap: :clap: Thank goodness!!!!!!! This is the last year of all of this back & forth BS from the 2 sets of fans!

Tx Challenge
10-15-2011, 10:09 PM
He said she said. Tired of the pissing match. BOTH teams did what they think is best for them. Nothing wrong here. Follow both, not a big fan of either. IMO it is stupid to not play. This is a great rivalry with a great national following. Sell out crowds. The loser is the fans. Thanksgiving weekend is full of rivalries. Conference or not. I have my own opinion on who's side I favor, but it is like anything else. It does not matter. I say shame this game is not played.

hsbtex
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
TXB, I think what they are saying is that UT will benefit (from not playing them) recruiting wise vs A&M after two consecutive years of A&M handing UT an A$$ whipping :)

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
TXB, I think what they are saying is that UT will benefit (from not playing them) recruiting wise vs A&M after two consecutive years of A&M handing UT an A$$ whipping :)
LMAO! That has to be the funniest thing I've read on here in at least a week! :doh:

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 08:00 PM
TXB, I think what they are saying is that UT will benefit (from not playing them) recruiting wise vs A&M after two consecutive years of A&M handing UT an A$$ whipping :)24-17 I bet the Longhorns s*** really had foot prints after that one.

YTBulldogs
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM
:clap: :clap: Thank goodness!!!!!!! This is the last year of all of this back & forth BS from the 2 sets of fans!:iagree: And, I'm a fan. A break from one another is a good thing IMO.

partimefan
10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
It's not about recruiting, the rivalry, or any one person. It is about the money.

Manso/V8
10-16-2011, 09:10 PM
One less game in Texas for a&m. They already lost one guy that didn't like that they would now be playing a lot further away more often.

That is true. A&M is always at a disadvantage for blue chippers, because a lot of them find the idea of living in Austin more exciting than Bryan/CS

Emerson1
10-16-2011, 10:39 PM
It's not about recruiting, the rivalry, or any one person. It is about the money.
It's about a&m spiting Texas. That is why they left because they would always been below Texas in everyone's eyes even if they started to beat them consistently again.

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 01:28 AM

LOL nice..but also untrue..recruits dont go oh wow Texas beat A&M so I am going there..or oh wow A&M beat Texas I am going there...they play at the place that puts them in their mind for the best chance to start asap and get them drafted because every D1 recruit thinks he will start as a freshman( latest as a RSfresh or soph and they think they are going to the NFL)

hsbtex
10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
So TXB, east texas got anything for LT this year??? :)

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2011, 09:56 AM
So TXB, east texas got anything for LT this year??? :)

not this year outside of JT..East Texas 4A is way down

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
:clap: :clap: Thank goodness!!!!!!! This is the last year of all of this back & forth BS from the 2 sets of fans!We can just start it up with Tech now and vice versa. lol

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 10:14 AM
He said she said. Tired of the pissing match. BOTH teams did what they think is best for them. Nothing wrong here. Follow both, not a big fan of either. IMO it is stupid to not play. This is a great rivalry with a great national following. Sell out crowds. The loser is the fans. Thanksgiving weekend is full of rivalries. Conference or not. I have my own opinion on who's side I favor, but it is like anything else. It does not matter. I say shame this game is not played.A national following? That is a stretch at best....IMO OU/Texas is more of a national following.

DavidWooderson
10-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Well they do make out non-conference schedules several years in advance now and I'm not sure about Texas or Texas A&M but I do know that UNT has theirs planned for nearly the next 10 years. If it is the same with Texas, they'll have to totally re-work their non-conference games and that's probably a hassle. Plus if you've already promised the UNT's, U-LA-La's, UTEP's etc of the world who expect big money pay outs to play the big boys then I'm sure they'll try to sue for breach of contract.

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 10:19 AM
I think Texas schedules are filled till 2020