PDA

View Full Version : Great Gary Cooper Movie coming to Fox Movie Channel on 11-20-11 at 9 A.M.

Phil C
10-14-2011, 01:35 PM
The time may not be convenient so you may want to set the recorders. The movie is called "Garden of Evil" and takes place in northern Mexico in the late 1880s. Three Americans consisting of Gary Cooper as Hooker a former Texas lawman, Richard Widmark as Fiske a gambler and Cameron Mitchell as Luke a hot headed gunman are heading by ship around the cape to the California gold mines but on the way the ship has mechanical problems and they will be stuck in a small Mexican village for about a month. While there they are offered the job of following Susan Hayward as Leah to go into the mountains to rescue her husband trapped in a gold mine. Her husband is played by Hugh Marlowe as John. Local Mexican cowboy Victor Manuel Mendosa as Vicente joins them. The catch is that there are hostile Indians that they have to contend with as well as each other.
It is a very good movie filmed in Mexico and in beautiful color and the entire cast is excellent headed by Cooper, Hayward and Widmark. In the first part of the movie you get to see a young Rita Moreno as the cantina singer. Rita was later to win an oscar, grammy and tony award for her performance in West Side Story and in this movie she shows the great talent that was to make her famous in the future.

Don't miss this one! It is a great adventure/ western type movie with great storyline, acting and scenery.

ExScoop
10-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Sounds interesting and will watch it and record it-
I'm a history buff

Football DAD
10-18-2011, 06:54 AM
I'm a history buff

:iagree:

Phil C
10-22-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm a history buff

I'm sure you and Football DAD will enjoy it. Gary Cooper made many very good movies and nearly all of his westerns were excellent. Enjoy.