PDA

View Full Version : this year vs last year....

trojandad
10-14-2011, 04:12 AM
not being presumptuous, but if one compares this team to the one last year, the next game will be the 8th, one half of last years games....both gilbert and monroe have 2,000 yr rushing seasons working with less than 2/3 of the touches when compared to this time last year (with cummings and gilbert)....the BIG difference, we have twice the runners with approximately 10 yd/carry averages working (tre cooper, tre carter, douglas johnson, donte scott and josh pierce, with soph patrick giddens leading the way with a 17 yd/carry avg....

its well known that were playing lesser teams than last years competition turned out to be, but the up side to that is all of these offensive guys are playing TONS of defense the remainder of most games, hence the defense is pitching several negative total yardage games going into the 4th qtr (amazing how opposing teams dont complain when gilbert plays the entire game on defense but yell when he gets an 11th carry/game).....

it "feels" like the offense isn't steam rolling teams like last year, the only thing i can lay that off to is fewer carries by the starting two backs when compared to the starters last year...we also have approximately twice the passing yardage as last year at this time...but in comparing the two years, we had already lost to k'ville and played a 1 pt game with crockett last year without any game that close as of yet....so statistically we are within a few yards of the same place as last year, with the defense showing to be much superior to last year, no doubt with the additional starter play on that side of the ball....

cleveland next, a team that has had a hard time putting two good halves together so far this year...

1st and goal
10-14-2011, 05:49 AM
Your up early!
Sounds like you guys are loaded for bear. D1 or D2 in the playoffs?

LionFan72
10-14-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't even think I want to there, TD, let's just say last year we had an identity, this year someone stole our identity and there is a police report on file. Rebuilding from the ground up, and no consistency. But we are Brownwood and we will continue to build.

trojandad
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Your up early!
Sounds like you guys are loaded for bear. D1 or D2 in the playoffs?

yes sir, were up in ft worth for the mrs interview with bnsf, they sent several home yesterday but kept her over for today...GREAT NEWS...shell have a contract offer today...bless God!!

we have to go dII, were the smallest school in our district....huffman is the biggest school so even if cleveland sneaks in as the 3rd team, huffman will be our dI rep...

and yes, i think im the only high school football fan that didnt see shipley play last year (another negative for the kidney failure happening in the middle of the season)...i truly thought we were gonna face you guys, but youve gotta tip your hat to carthage....

Sportshack
10-15-2011, 12:44 AM
All I KNOW is that if CS has a better defense than last year there are a lot of teams that are in TROUBLE. I was very impressed with that defense. Carthage put it on them in 2nd half of C-ship but as I recall that was mostly explosive pass plays from a uber talented group of WR's and a very good QB. Love State C-Ship games on Hi-def TV. The ball fell that way on that day. Other times those long passes are just a bit off and things roll differently.

cowboyandchrist
10-15-2011, 07:06 AM
You may get the rematch you are asking for or it could be a Gilmer team that is like a well oil machine. I predict Cold springs and a team from 16 3A will meet you in the championship game. If it happens, I can't speak for Cold Springs, but I can speak for 16 3A. They will have played some of the best teams in all of 3a football and will be battle tested. Good luck to Cold Springs and I hope for a rematch with the Carthage Bull Dogs or the Gilmer Buckeyes. God Bless.

trojandad
10-16-2011, 12:33 AM
You may get the rematch you are asking for or it could be a Gilmer team that is like a well oil machine. I predict Cold springs and a team from 16 3A will meet you in the championship game. If it happens, I can't speak for Cold Springs, but I can speak for 16 3A. They will have played some of the best teams in all of 3a football and will be battle tested. Good luck to Cold Springs and I hope for a rematch with the Carthage Bull Dogs or the Gilmer Buckeyes. God Bless.

sure looks like someone from 16 3a is gonna be there, even if we dont....

regaleagle
10-16-2011, 08:43 AM
There is a team named Van that many are overlooking that Gilmer will have to beat just to get to the Regional Semifinal. I would encourage all to check the stats and wins of this team. I can tell you for certain all the DII contenderd in Region 2 are well aware of Van, and I can assure you Gilmer knows all too well that this team is capable of taking them down, as well. I would like to hear from a poster from Van that could give us more information about their qb, offensive scheme, and skilled players. We all know their Defense is one of the top defenses in 3A. Now, it's beginning to look like the offense is picking up quite a bit of steam, too.