PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston and Pleasanton

Blue42
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
18 to 7 SH IN 4TH

44INAROW
10-13-2011, 09:41 PM
I think the game is alot closer than some thought it would be.. it's 25-14 SH now - 7 mins left in the game..

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 09:44 PM
I think the game is alot closer than some thought it would be.. it's 25-14 SH now - 7 mins left in the game..

Is there an Internet broadcast???

too late....

R4Editor
10-13-2011, 11:11 PM
31-17 Hurricanes

Ugly win, but a win is a win.

Gontex
10-14-2011, 06:31 AM

The game was telecast by one of the SA stations last night. I watched it and saw that Pleasanton can definitely throw the ball. Game was not as close as the score sounded because Houston had two tds called back on drives that they ultimately did not score on. Both of the tds were scored by Leo Thomas, Jr. One of the plays was a punt return and the other was a long completion where he was all by himself in the zone. Add those to in and that makes it 43-14 or something like that.

Tejastrue
10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
The game was telecast by one of the SA stations last night. I watched it and saw that Pleasanton can definitely throw the ball. Game was not as close as the score sounded because Houston had two tds called back on drives that they ultimately did not score on. Both of the tds were scored by Leo Thomas, Jr. One of the plays was a punt return and the other was a long completion where he was all by himself in the zone. Add those to in and that makes it 43-14 or something like that.

Yea, the 100+ yds in penalties for SH did not help either...

Snotbubbles
10-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Yea, the 100+ yds in penalties for SH did not help either...

Nice seeing SH finally cutting down on these.

SH still bummed losing the district championship to Gonzales. Kinda played last night like someone that were still licking their wounds from a major pounding IMO. Nothing wrong being the runner-up to those Apaches I assure you. Wow.

I believe, not 100%---all the kids returned to action last night.

44INAROW
10-14-2011, 07:55 AM

SH still bummed losing the district championship to Gonzales. Kinda played last night like someone that were still licking their wounds from a major pounding IMO. Nothing wrong being the runner-up to those Apaches I assure you. Wow.

I don't think anyone has been crowned district champs yet.... :1popcorn:

Lombardi
10-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Hey 44! Snot is the only poster declaring a champion. I haven't seen a post yet where any Gonzo fans have declared a district champion. There is a lot of football left to be played. Furthermore, if SH plays like they did last night in the next 3 games, they won't even make the playoffs!

Snotbubbles
10-14-2011, 08:21 AM

True that 44. Gonzo will run the table IMO. They are Wimberley-like good. Better "D" then Wimberley. WT advantage on offense. Cuero is down from their standards. If you can't pass (not gonna beat Gonzo without a balanced attack).

Snotbubbles
10-14-2011, 08:24 AM
I'll eat crow if GZ don't win district:) Again:(

44, you should like me picking GZ to win it all. I have not hit on a big game prediction this year. :p

Gontex
10-14-2011, 08:55 AM

I believe, not 100%---all the kids returned to action last night.

Not all the SH kids returned to action. One of the big boys that went down last week was not dressed out last night. He was on the sideline in civvies wearing his jersey.

44INAROW
10-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey 44! Snot is the only poster declaring a champion. I haven't seen a post yet where any Gonzo fans have declared a district champion. There is a lot of football left to be played. Furthermore, if SH plays like they did last night in the next 3 games, they won't even make the playoffs!
maybe you misunderstood me - I wasn't saying anyone from Gonzo said anything.. Just thought crowning them champs already was premature.. that's all... and yes Snot - please continue to pick Gonzo.. you don't want to ruin your percentages :)
I did see a really BIG guy for SH on the sidelines, cheering on his teammates - assume he's the one referred to in an earlier post (coming back)

YTBulldogs
10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
maybe you misunderstood me - I wasn't saying anyone from Gonzo said anything.. Just thought crowning them champs already was premature.. that's all... and yes Snot - please continue to pick Gonzo.. you don't want to ruin your percentages :)
I did see a really BIG guy for SH on the sidelines, cheering on his teammates - assume he's the one referred to in an earlier post (coming back)

They all seemed big 44 from SH. Wow. And yes, too much ball left to be making predictions of the district champ.

bigcat8
10-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Yoakum better hope Gonzo wins the district.. It is the only shot they have to make the playoffs and that's if they win tonight!
They all seemed big 44 from SH. Wow. And yes, too much ball left to be making predictions of the district champ.

YTBulldogs
10-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Yoakum better hope Gonzo wins the district.. It is the only shot they have to make the playoffs and that's if they win tonight!

Yup, do or die for the Dogs tonight for sure. Have no clue what Bulldog team will show up. Still can't believe they didn't fire last week after that 600 yard performance over Pleasanton. This team is hard to figure out.

bigcat8
10-14-2011, 10:48 AM
kind of like SH last night... They played the first half like a beat up team with no emotion.. I truly think the physical beating the took in Gonzales affected them last night... Especially with #71 being sidelined and moving Magee to OT.. Good luck tonight... It should be entertaining..
Yup, do or die for the Dogs tonight for sure. Have no clue what Bulldog team will show up. Still can't believe they didn't fire last week after that 600 yard performance over Pleasanton. This team is hard to figure out.

underthetepee
10-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Sam played horrible last night.. They don't handle adversity very well at all!!
kind of like SH last night... They played the first half like a beat up team with no emotion.. I truly think the physical beating the took in Gonzales affected them last night... Especially with #71 being sidelined and moving Magee to OT.. Good luck tonight... It should be entertaining..