PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs OSU ( talk to me)

gobbla4life
10-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Will our young horns bounce back?
I think they grew up a lot last week , even through all the bad you have to have a positive!
One thing is , I think we have to have a main guy calling the signals.

Those are my thoughts , let me know yours !

eagles_victory
10-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't think they beat OSU this week. The team will grow and get better but I think OSU is a bit more than they can handle at this point.

Emerson1
10-13-2011, 06:16 PM
The secondary better have grown up.

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 07:45 PM
At least the game is in Austin but I don't think that will make a diffrence-As much as a Longhorm fan as I am-I have to go with the Cowboys

gobbla4life
10-13-2011, 10:21 PM
I agree with all your points , we will get better each game. As hard as it may seem , and I never thought I say this. I just wanna get to 6 wins , and make a bowl. With that being said , I don't think we are more than a year a way from where we want to be. Thanks for all your comments.

eagles_victory
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
I agree with all your points , we will get better each game. As hard as it may seem , and I never thought I say this. I just wanna get to 6 wins , and make a bowl. With that being said , I don't think we are more than a year a way from where we want to be. Thanks for all your comments. I would still consider 6 wins a major disappointment.

Macarthur
10-14-2011, 08:35 AM
OSU may score another 50 on UT. OSU's offense, I think, is more explosive than OUs. OSU's defense is not nearly as stout as OU so UT should be able to have some more success on offense, but I just see UT having a hard time slowing OSU down. That offense is flat out sick.

Old Tiger
10-14-2011, 08:49 AM
If the Texas defensive front can get pressure on Weeden the Horns have a chance. Hopefully the secondary and OL step up for the horns. Hear Ash will get the start and majority of reps.

greendawg84
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
The secondary better have grown up.

Agreed , if not it could be a very long afternoon for the Horns.

Emerson1
10-14-2011, 01:04 PM
If the Texas defensive front can get pressure on Weeden the Horns have a chance. Hopefully the secondary and OL step up for the horns. Hear Ash will get the start and majority of reps.
Maybe Jackson Jeffcoat will show up one of these days. He is a DE so it goes unnoticed, but he is just as big of a bust as GG right now. Dude is flat out pathetic.

Mack needs to show some film of Orakpo and Kindle.

greendawg84
10-14-2011, 02:17 PM
I just hope they get 6 wins with the schedule they have left.

Macarthur
10-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I just hope they get 6 wins with the schedule they have left.

On another thread, I listed their remaining games and they're going to have a hard time getting to 6 or 7. I think the only game they have left that they will be favored is Kansas.

eagles_victory
10-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Maybe Jackson Jeffcoat will show up one of these days. He is a DE so it goes unnoticed, but he is just as big of a bust as GG right now. Dude is flat out pathetic.

Mack needs to show some film of Orakpo and Kindle. He played a pretty solid game against OU, but yea you are right for the most part.

neck_06
10-14-2011, 11:44 PM
I took Oklahoma State -8 (I personally think they win by 15+, but the line was only 8).. This is NOT a biased pick...the horns are young, young, young & Okie Lite is good, good, gooooood! Not sure if the Horns' secondary can keep up with Weeden & co, and I don't think McCoy-Shipley part 2 is quite ready to breakout (although I do think they're gonna be pretty dern good in years to come).

My Official Pick

Okie Lite: 34
Texas 17

eagles_victory
10-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I took Oklahoma State -8 (I personally think they win by 15+, but the line was only 8).. This is NOT a biased pick...the horns are young, young, young & Okie Lite is good, good, gooooood! Not sure if the Horns' secondary can keep up with Weeden & co, and I don't think McCoy-Shipley part 2 is quite ready to breakout (although I do think they're gonna be pretty dern good in years to come).

My Official Pick

Okie Lite: 34
Texas 17 I don't see Mccoy ever being a starting QB for the University of Texas on a consistent basis.

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2011, 11:48 PM
He played a pretty solid game against OU, but yea you are right for the most part.

Grant and I broadcast 3-4 of his games in HS and I never saw what the big deal is.

neck_06
10-14-2011, 11:53 PM
I don't see Mccoy ever being a starting QB for the University of Texas on a consistent basis.

I don't think so either, but I'm rooting for him...would be a cool story. As for the other half of "part 2," he is proving to be a pretty dern good player, just like his big bro.

eagles_victory
10-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Grant and I broadcast 3-4 of his games in HS and I never saw what the big deal is.He has still made more stupid plays than good plays for his career.

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2011, 12:03 AM
He has still made more stupid plays than good plays for his career.

exactly

Old Tiger
10-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Grant and I broadcast 3-4 of his games in HS and I never saw what the big deal is.I think many coaches thought they could find a "diamond in the rough" due to how his brother progressed.

STANG RED
10-15-2011, 09:47 AM
I only saw part of last weeks game, and sure didnt see anything from Ashe that looked better than McCoy. But again, I only got to see part of the game.

Bull Butter
10-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Go Pokes!!!

hollywood
10-15-2011, 10:22 AM
I think many coaches thought they could find a "diamond in the rough" due to how his brother progressed.:iagree:

hollywood
10-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Ash is a true freshman making true freshman mistakes. McCoy is a true sophmore making true sophmore mistakes. I think after just watching how each has performed so far, Ash is the diamond in the rough. If McCoy could have a little more protection, he'll be a good threat. His size is keeping him back. Ash has the size, arm and football savy to do well with more experience. I see him getting the job eventually. Espinoza has held his own at center. Shipley and Brown have done outstanding as true freshmans.

I say today, our Horns will give OSU all they want and maybe some more in Austin.

eagles_victory
10-15-2011, 10:32 AM
I only saw part of last weeks game, and sure didnt see anything from Ashe that looked better than McCoy. But again, I only got to see part of the game. IMO Ash's mistakes are inexperience rearing its ugly head which will improve the more he plays. While, Miccoys looks like he just doesn't have the physical gifts it takes to play at this level.

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2011, 11:04 AM
funny thing about Jeffcoat he was named a freshman All-American by more than one publication....must have been a lack of freshman DE last year lol

and Old Tiger...he was not a diamond in the rough he was a 5 star recruit.

Old Tiger
10-15-2011, 11:05 AM
I only saw part of last weeks game, and sure didnt see anything from Ashe that looked better than McCoy. But again, I only got to see part of the game.IMO Ash showed more poise....Case looked like a scared little child out there.

Old Tiger
10-15-2011, 11:06 AM
and Old Tiger...he was not a diamond in the rough he was a 5 star recruit.I thought you were talking about Case, not Jeffcoat. My bad.

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2011, 11:06 AM
I only saw part of last weeks game, and sure didnt see anything from Ashe that looked better than McCoy. But again, I only got to see part of the game.

Ash has a legit arm..Case anything over 15 yards starts to float

eagleqb_14
10-15-2011, 11:14 AM
texas is a young growing team but i think OSU has this one

eagleqb_14
10-15-2011, 02:45 PM
david ash you suck

regaleagle
10-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Alot of football left here, boys. The Texas running game may be the deciding factor with clock control. The Texas defense can certainly do the job. Let's watch and see what happens.

eagles_victory
10-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Alot of football left here, boys. The Texas running game may be the deciding factor with clock control. The Texas defense can certainly do the job. Let's watch and see what happens. Hope you don't have to deal with any "armchair pussycats" in this thread.

eagleqb_14
10-15-2011, 03:01 PM
--hook em!!!!!!! 7-7!!!

regaleagle
10-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Me too, eagles_victory.

eagleqb_14
10-15-2011, 03:07 PM
this is a whole new texas team

eagles_victory
10-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Get some broadcasters that know the rules that is just embarrassing for ESPN.

Emerson1
10-15-2011, 03:11 PM
this is a whole new texas team
The offensive line deciding to be worth a damn has helped.

eagles_victory
10-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Texas drops 2 balls that hit them right in the hands. Davis on 3rd down and Phillips on the near INT.

hollywood
10-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Secondary playing much better

Ash is settling in

Would like to see Shipley get more involved

Brown is a beast

lbjacj
10-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Horns D will decide this one!

hollywood
10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Texas has talent! They're just young and will only get better with experience. Whoever said they didn't is kookoo

hollywood
10-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Jeffcoat having a great game!

eagleqb_14
10-15-2011, 05:29 PM
david ash is killing texas today, but they arent really playing that bad

eagleqb_14
10-15-2011, 05:35 PM
get ash outta there

hollywood
10-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I love what I see from Ash. He's very young but has tons of potential.

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Longhorns have next Saturday open and then host Kansas on Oct. 29-Kansas hosting OU Tonight

gambler1606
10-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Will our young horns bounce back?
I think they grew up a lot last week , even through all the bad you have to have a positive!
One thing is , I think we have to have a main guy calling the signals.

Those are my thoughts , let me know yours ! Sorry! They didn't grow up enough, maybe next week. Good luck!!

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2011, 02:24 AM
Sorry! They didn't grow up enough, maybe next week. Good luck!!

they grew up a ton..realist UT fans never thought they would win today..we wanted to see the compete and be in the game agianst a top 8 team..and they were. THAT is growing up

lbjacj
10-16-2011, 10:29 AM
they grew up a ton..realist UT fans never thought they would win today..we wanted to see the compete and be in the game agianst a top 8 team..and they were. THAT is growing up

I agree! The defense played well overall and I think Ash had a good showing in his first complete game as starter. Malcom Brown is the real deal. A few breaks here and there and we are talking about a Horns win.

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
To me Harsins play calling in the red zone was just bad. But other than that I was pretty impressed. Carrington Byndum is a future starter in the NFL at CB. Id like to see Edmond playing over Keenan Robinson but I doubt that will happen.

Emerson1
10-16-2011, 11:37 AM
To me Harsins play calling in the red zone was just bad. But other than that I was pretty impressed. Carrington Byndum is a future starter in the NFL at CB. Id like to see Edmond playing over Keenan Robinson but I doubt that will happen.
Hick's was pretty average too. He completely ran himself out of that run at the end of the first half and it was his hole to plug.

Harsin has Jason Garrett syndrom. No reason to be in shotgun when you have Malcom Brown running so well. Although it was all on Ash for a terrible throw to Fozzy. Lost an opportunity for 7 points there, then got so unlucky on the safety when Gideon finally makes a play and it doesn't count.

eagles_victory
10-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Hick's was pretty average too. He completely ran himself out of that run at the end of the first half and it was his hole to plug.

Harsin has Jason Garrett syndrom. No reason to be in shotgun when you have Malcom Brown running so well. Although it was all on Ash for a terrible throw to Fozzy. Lost an opportunity for 7 points there, then got so unlucky on the safety when Gideon finally makes a play and it doesn't count. x2 Hicks hasnt even been playing that much lately because he keeps making mistakes like that.

Read a stat that 16 of the last 18 plays called were pass plays.

Old Tiger
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
We all talk about the offensive playcalling but how about the defensive playcalling. On one of the 3rd and 10s or 4th and 10 he dropped a DE in coverage against a team like Oklahoma State. I worry about that. Blake Gideon being so close to the LOS cost them a TD right before half....

Emerson1
10-17-2011, 01:12 PM
We all talk about the offensive playcalling but how about the defensive playcalling. On one of the 3rd and 10s or 4th and 10 he dropped a DE in coverage against a team like Oklahoma State. I worry about that. Blake Gideon being so close to the LOS cost them a TD right before half....
As bad as Gideon is, that was Hick's hole to cover and he ran himself into one of his own teammates who was being blocked. Gideon would have missed the tackle anyways if he was dropped back and had to take the RB 1 on 1.