PDA

View Full Version : Rangers vs Tigers

lbjacj
10-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Started threads at the same time. Eliminate mine please.

Rangers up 1-0 early.!

Phil C
10-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Started threads at the same time. Eliminate mine please.

Rangers up 1-0 early.!

Wilson doing great in first inning pitching. Come on Rangers!

eagleqb_14
10-13-2011, 03:31 PM
rangers up 1-0 wilson looking good!!!!!! lets go rangers!!!!!

Phil C
10-13-2011, 03:37 PM
I hope the Rangers can hold on and win and get valuable rest time for the World Series.

Phil C
10-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Bottom of third and tied at 1 all. :(

Come on Rangers!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2011, 04:06 PM
I hope the Rangers can hold on and win and get valuable rest time for the World Series.5 day rest is a little bit to long and wouldn't mine them winning it in Texas on saturday :)

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Still tied at 2-2 in the fifth

eagles_victory
10-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Damn it Ian.

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Here we go again-Will have to rally back like last night

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Can't afford to get to far behind

eagleqb_14
10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
4-2 this is going to get ugly 0 outs get CJ out of there

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Things are getting worse by the minute-4 runs will be hard to overcome with only three innings left

eagles_victory
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Come on CJ giving up 3 homeruns in one of the biggest parks in the league. This guy makes Lebron James look like a postseason legend.

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I've never really been much of a CJ fan, especially when he came out of the bullpen. He has just never impressed me and it seems he has trouble getting out of jams a lot

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 05:45 PM
It just keeps getting worse-Where did the Rangers pitching go?
Detroit is hitting the cover off the ball

Only two innings left to score at least 5 runs to tie

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 05:47 PM
I've never really been much of a CJ fan, especially when he came out of the bullpen. He has just never impressed me and it seems he has trouble getting out of jams a lot

Never had the type of pitches that awe you but what starting pitcher with the Rangers does that...okay, he's in the bullpen...figured it to go six...looks like it will...

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 05:52 PM
The Rangers don't have any big time starters but we do have some big game pitchers. Lewis doesn't have great stuff but he's gotten it done on the road in the playoffs. We have good starting pitching but we don't have a Verlander or Cliff Lee to say go win us a game.

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
The Rangers don't have any big time starters but we do have some big game pitchers. Lewis doesn't have great stuff but he's gotten it done on the road in the playoffs. We have good starting pitching but we don't have a Verlander or Cliff Lee to say go win us a game.

:iagree:

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Way to comeback Rangers-Now 7-4-Need 3 more runs

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
The Rangers are so hard to put away. One mistake anywhere in the line up can be blasted. Fun to watch

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Way to comeback Rangers-Now 7-4-Need 3 more runs

Could get interesting....

Roughneck93
10-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Yo, what inning is it? Stuck in a late evening training class at work. Keep those updates coming.

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Will have one more shot in the 9th

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Yo, what inning is it? Stuck in a late evening training class at work. Keep those updates coming.

Bottom of 8th Rangers down 7-4

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I think the Rangers and Tigers do not like each other... I'm old school.. what does it mean to wave the hand (side to side) in front of the face... Cabrera did that the other night after a HR...

One last shot for the Rangers...

Phil C
10-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Well back to Texas. But if anyone told me we would be going back ahead 3-2 I would have took it. I would have preferred the rest though but the Rangers did fight back and make it interesting. Let's beat them in Game 6 Rangers!

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 06:29 PM
7-5 Detroit final. Great baseball game again. See y'all back in Texas for game 6!

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I've been on the DMN in-game chat the last two nites. Looks like we will have to win it at home, after all. The mental mistake Kinsler made with his 1st pitch swing made a difference. We had Verlander on the ropes, runners is scoring position, and the game ready to be ours. Baseball book says to make Verlander throw pitches there, maybe make a mistake, and give us a chance to let him feel the pressure. Kinsler grounds into DP on first pitch. He knows better. A game changer.

ExScoop
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
now will have to wait until Saturday night
Fox Broacasters wanted Detroit to win-Seemed a little bit one sided

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Of course they did, ExScoop. They are the network Pimps. They want the series to extend. More $$$ for the network. They are not for Detroit, not for the Rangers. They are for the Network. Fox Pimp Squad.

Roughneck93
10-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Sounds like CJ had a bad outing. He's not looking too good this post season.

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 07:00 PM
He pitched well enough for the Rangers to win. The offense did not help him when it came time to cash in. That put the game in a different light with Verlander still able to go, and the Tiger lineup re-energized by the Kinsler DP... that's baseball. Sometimes the pitcher cannot be blamed when momentum swings because of something happening he had no control over. Let's be honest. The Detroit lineup matches the Rangers as close as any other AL team. You just cannot give them opportunities or they will burn you, just like the RAngers.

eagles_victory
10-13-2011, 07:17 PM
He pitched well enough for the Rangers to win. The offense did not help him when it came time to cash in. That put the game in a different light with Verlander still able to go, and the Tiger lineup re-energized by the Kinsler DP... that's baseball. Sometimes the pitcher cannot be blamed when momentum swings because of something happening he had no control over. Let's be honest. The Detroit lineup matches the Rangers as close as any other AL team. You just cannot give them opportunities or they will burn you, just like the RAngers. He gave up 6 runs in 6 innings and 3 HR's what league is that good enough to win in?

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Regal,

Kinsler is a career .230 hitter on pitch 1 with 5 homeruns this year. I agree that the double play was a huge blow tonight but I don't fault his aggressiveness on a first pitch fastball

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 07:39 PM
What do you mean you don't fault him? He's a pro making big bucks. It is his career and job to put the pitcher in a precarious position. What he has done in the past has no bearing on this situation. If you think he made a viable decision, and it was OK to do so, you don't know baseball as well as you think. It was absolutely the worst thing any batter could do in that situation with the game, the series on the line. I'm sorry, I like Ian too. But it was a HUGE mental mistake, and did adversely effect the team and CJ the very next inning. You guys are just armchair pussycats. It is what it is. That play WAS the determining play of the game, and did change the entire momentum, like it or not. I stand by my words, which any baseball man, including Nolan Ryan, will agree with.

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Plays are only wrong when they don't work! Execution needs to happen. What if he hit a grand slam. You may not like him swinging at the first pitch but he got his pitch and swung. He swings at the first pitch a lot. Beltre's shot being just foul was a huge blow as well as the ball hitting the bag. It's baseball and they play the best they can.

I hate watching hitters take a few pitches and get behind in the count. It's very hard to beat playoff pitchers on 0-2 counts.

I'm not sure why I'm an armchair pussycat and you're not either. It's pretty easy to forget baseball players fail way way more then they succeed.

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
What do you mean you don't fault him? He's a pro making big bucks. It is his career and job to put the pitcher in a precarious position. What he has done in the past has no bearing on this situation. If you think he made a viable decision, and it was OK to do so, you don't know baseball as well as you think. It was absolutely the worst thing any batter could do in that situation with the game, the series on the line. I'm sorry, I like Ian too. But it was a HUGE mental mistake, and did adversely effect the team and CJ the very next inning. You guys are just armchair pussycats. It is what it is. That play WAS the determining play of the game, and did change the entire momentum, like it or not. I stand by my words, which any baseball man, including Nolan Ryan, will agree with.

Wow...tell Nolan I said hello....:wave:

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Wow...tell Nolan I said hello....:wave:

Exactly!

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 08:13 PM
What may or may not have happened is only conjecture. What did happen stands. He did not follow good proven baseball sense and logic, and it turned out to bite the Rangers. Your argument has no merit. Mine does. Do you think for one minute that Verlander and the catcher did not know the situation. They called the pitch that Ian would swing at. It was a fast ball tailing in, a perfect double play pitch. Guess what ? It worked. So , I guess you are not as deep a thinker as you think, baseball wise. Verlander knew exactly what he was doing, and Ian fell for it,,,caved in. Hence, the result. That was a ground ball pitch. Duh???

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
How many runs did Kinsler give up?

The pitching gave up 7. Let's not blame one AB for the loss.

Now that is deep thinking!

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
This is exactly why the book says to make the pitcher throw pitches in this situation. The pitcher knows only too well the situation, and will "tempt" the hitter with what looks like a great pitch to swing at. And, BTW, we are talking about the Cy Young winner here, too. Not a wise decision to go against the book here, boys.

eagles_victory
10-13-2011, 08:18 PM
The village just filed a missing person report. I'll call back and tell them I know the where abouts. Hope there is a reward.

zebrablue2
10-13-2011, 08:20 PM
What may or may not have happened is only conjecture. What did happen stands. He did not follow good proven baseball sense and logic, and it turned out to bite the Rangers. Your argument has no merit. Mine does. Do you think for one minute that Verlander and the catcher did not know the situation. They called the pitch that Ian would swing at. It was a fast ball tailing in, a perfect double play pitch. Guess what ? It worked. So , I guess you are not as deep a thinker as you think, baseball wise. Verlander knew exactly what he was doing, and Ian fell for it,,,caved in. Hence, the result. That was a ground ball pitch. Duh???

I just have to say-- ROFLMAO! You live in the perfect world.......... Baseball is not a perfect game, 1/4 of an inch can end your season in a heartbeat. Proceed.

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 08:23 PM
This is exactly why the book says to make the pitcher throw pitches in this situation. The pitcher knows only too well the situation, and will "tempt" the hitter with what looks like a great pitch to swing at. And, BTW, we are talking about the Cy Young winner here, too. Not a wise decision to go against the book here, boys.

Is it a good decision to get behind in the count?

This isn't a pissing match I just wouldn't say that play alone cost us the game. We would never lose a game if the pitchers shut out every team. Isn't that what THEY are paid to do? Just sayin...

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Did you not read or understand what I wrote. This play had a HUGE effect on the teams, each of them, and the pitching of both teams, from that point forward. At the point before this play, what was the score? How many outs were there? What was the very worst thing that could happen at that point? It's all spilled milk now, but that does not change the fact that the play was a game changer and Ian should have stuck with playing it by the book.

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 08:29 PM
There is no book on baseball that works every time lol. No one disputes that the double play was a huge blow. I think everyone but you agrees that that pitch alone didn't lose the game. I'm sorry for being so baseball retarded!!!

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Did you not read or understand what I wrote. This play had a HUGE effect on the teams, each of them, and the pitching of both teams, from that point forward. At the point before this play, what was the score? How many outs were there? What was the very worst thing that could happen at that point? It's all spilled milk now, but that does not change the fact that the play was a game changer and Ian should have stuck with playing it by the book.

I suppose Cabrera was trying to hit the 3rd base bag...come on dude...:smoker:

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
I know it's all in a game, boys. I want the Rangers to win too. I was merely pointing out to the fact that you can't lay this one all on C J. Just like you can't lay it all on Ian. But it WAS the game changer, and it happened to be a situation that baseball people USUALLY call for working the count in. That's all. Nothing else.

eagles_victory
10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
I was merely pointing out to the fact that you can't lay this one all on C J. Just like you can't lay it all on Ian.

Sounds like you are laying it all on Ian to me.

Tin Cup
10-13-2011, 08:40 PM
I just don't like when people 2nd guess players and coaches. Just like last week people talking about Wash overmanaging the pitching. I didn't question Cruz diving for the ball down the line even though it was a bad play because he tried. I didn't question Kinsler swinging because he tried to help his team win. We all want perfect results but it just doesn't happen.

When we win game 6 it won't matter. This is like blaming Bartman for the Cubs losing. I get momentum but great teams overcome momentum swings.

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I know it's all in a game, boys. I want the Rangers to win too. I was merely pointing out to the fact that you can't lay this one all on C J. Just like you can't lay it all on Ian. But it WAS the game changer, and it happened to be a situation that baseball people USUALLY call for working the count in. That's all. Nothing else.

I thought CJ battled and in reality has had a little bad luck this series...with the rain delays and the aforementioned play where the ball hit 3rd base....the Rangers continued to battle even when I thought it was over for the night...they never quit...

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I wasn't the one blaming C J for the loss. If you will read my very retort to this whole round of discussion, that is what was being discussed. I was only saying you cannot put this loss all on C J, as some here were suggesting. There were other factors that led to this loss, this being the primary one. The discussion started off blaming C J for the loss.

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 08:55 PM
I wasn't the one blaming C J for the loss. If you will read my very retort to this whole round of discussion, that is what was being discussed. I was only saying you cannot put this loss all on C J, as some here were suggesting. There were other factors that led to this loss, this being the primary one. The discussion started off blaming C J for the loss.

Sounds like however, you were instead re-directing the blame on Kinsler... no different than the reason for the initial argument... we lost to a good Tiger team...we move on...

regaleagle
10-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I will agree to that.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2011, 11:05 PM
I think the Rangers and Tigers do not like each other... I'm old school.. what does it mean to wave the hand (side to side) in front of the face... Cabrera did that the other night after a HR...

One last shot for the Rangers...

actually in yesterday's game they had CJ on in middle of game and he said they love to talk trash with the Tigers in fun ways...they were calling Cabrera stone hands when he missed the pick off move...he said the Tigers do it back to them

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Kins did the right thing...U have Verlander on the ropes he just walked Moreland..that is your best chance that first pitch Verlander will groove a fastball trying to get the 0-1 count so he can work his curve and change back into the at bat.

Youth ball your always told to see pitches when a pitcher gets wild because they might have actually lost it for the game...in the majors with a pitcher like Verlander he does not walk alot of batters..so he is not going to start walking guys left and right the deeper in the count he gets the more dangerous he is...Kins was trying to take advantage of what might be the easiest pitch to hit..just did not execute

Farmersfan
10-14-2011, 06:02 AM
In my opinion this loss can be laid right at CJ's feet. 6 runs in 6 innings is unacceptable in any scenerio. The great thing about this post season is that we can finally put the CJ "greatness" argument to rest. Of course the Yankees will drive up the offseason price for CJ and put him out of reach for the Rangers but nobody will be fooled into thinking CJ is a Ace. This might be a benefit for the Rangers because I don't see CJ being worth the 100+ million that CJ will probably get. I just hope Holland doesn't come out like a high school pitcher again in game 6 or we will be playing a game 7.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2011, 06:31 AM
but nobody will be fooled into thinking CJ is a Ace. This might be a benefit for the Rangers because I don't see CJ being worth the 100+ million that CJ will probably get. I just hope Holland doesn't come out like a high school pitcher again in game 6 or we will be playing a game 7.+1 Still hope he has some couple of good starts in him for the next round but Rangers should look elsewhere for a pitcher if it's going to be to pricey to keep him.

eagles_victory
10-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Rangers will reportedly make a huge push for CC Sabithia if he opts out as they dont expect to be able to resign CJ.

ExScoop
10-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Looking forward for the Rangers to bounce back Saturday night in Arlington to get in the World Series