PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 WEEK 7 ( North) GOTW Monahans @ Seminole

navajo joe
10-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Going to be a great game!

stang92
10-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Monahans by 14-seminole is real slow outside of adams and coach owens is a good enough coach to shut him down-seminole will have a hard time stopping the wing-t

GrTigers6
10-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Will be interesting to see how this one comes out!
i am leaning towards Monahans but Seminole may surprise me

garciap77
10-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Will be interesting to see how this one comes out!
i am leaning towards Monahans but Seminole may surprise me

I'm going with Monahans by 1.

tex_male
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Seminole couldn't stop the rush against Snyder (Rushes-Yards 50-472) nor will they stop the Monahans Wing T. Seminole will not have a rushing game against Monahans so they will go into pass heavy mode. Monahans may get burned a couple of times but not enough to win. Monahans will pick a couple passes off and turn them into TD's while controling the clock. Monahans wins by 10 points.

navajo joe
10-11-2011, 09:24 PM
You are forgetting we were without our QB .Go to dave campbells home page it will give you his stats , he was nominated as one of the gridiron legends last week and he is ahead on votes .I will not talk trash because the boys will show it and what they are capable of. WE WILL SEE FRIDAY

regaleagle
10-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Sounds like a big game this Friday to me. I'll be watching for the outcome. No prediction from here.

jockcity33
10-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Navajo are you saying that your defense couldn't stop the run because your QB was out?

jockcity33
10-12-2011, 10:11 AM
I am thinking this will be a real close game and the team that scores last may be the winner....

tex_male
10-12-2011, 11:33 AM
You are forgetting we were without our QB .Go to dave campbells home page it will give you his stats , he was nominated as one of the gridiron legends last week and he is ahead on votes .I will not talk trash because the boys will show it and what they are capable of. WE WILL SEE FRIDAY

Look at who Seminole was playing against last week. Greenwood does not have a defense to stop the run nor the pass.

The only teams that Seminole has faced that is close to Monahans would be Snyder and Midland Christian we see how both turned out with one out come as a 1 point win when the Indians had to turn to the passing game in the second half to come from behind against Midland Christian. Midland doesn’t defend the pass well. . Seminoles showing against Snyder and the way the Tigers danced around the Indians Defense I’d say the Loboes will run the ball at will and score every time they have the ball.
Monahans is a primary rush team as everyone knows we have 2 rushers you read about in the news and a couple more off the bench that can run it just as well. The Loboes QB is showing he can run and pass the ball very well when need to.
Monahans can and will defend the rush and pass with no doubt the Loboes may get burned a couple of time but the turnovers Monahans gets will make the difference.

The Loboes will always be the Bullies in this District.

Black_Magic
10-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Sounds Like Tex_male is predicting this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

Tres Lobos
10-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Monahans has out hit seminole the past probably 4 or 5 years. Seminole comes out hot then gets hit a couple of times and lays down then the whooping begins. I'm going to believe in this until Seminole can show otherwise.
Monahans 35
Seminole 14

finalid69
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Bring that rush on. Our line can open a gap big enough for burtch to truck anyone who is willing to fill the lane!!!!

IF I'M NOT MISTAKING MIDLAND CHRISTIANS RUNNINGBACK RAN ALL OVER MONAHANS. RESULTING IN A LOSS FOR THE LOBOS (OUCH!!)

Tin Cup
10-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know enough about Seminole this year but I saw Monahans and they are a good club. The defense was the strong suit with a good offense to compliment.

I'll say...
Monahans 29
Seminole 20

tex_male
10-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Bring that rush on. Our line can open a gap big enough for burtch to truck anyone who is willing to fill the lane!!!!

IF I'M NOT MISTAKING MIDLAND CHRISTIANS RUNNINGBACK RAN ALL OVER MONAHANS. RESULTING IN A LOSS FOR THE LOBOS (OUCH!!)

If you think 28 rushes for 152 yards is running over someone. They averaged 5 yards per rush against the Loboes.
Midland Christian went 36-252 against Seminole with 9 yards per rush.

Let see the stats with Snyder:
Against Monahans they were 33-220 6 yards per rush
Against Seminole they were 50-472 9 yards per rush

tex_male
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
History Lesson:
This will be the 40th meeting between these two teams. Loboes are 25-14 against the Indians. The First game between the two was played in 1947. These two teams went back and forth in the win column until it was all Loboes (1966 to 1974) (1976 to 1978). 1980 Monahans went 4A so the two didn’t play each other again until 1997 in the playoff. From 1997 to 2010 Monahans leads 7-5. Under current AD Head Coach Owens 2005 Monahans is 4-0. The Indians Head Coach Burtch 2004 is 1-4.

LionFan72
10-12-2011, 05:45 PM
I'll take Monahans by two TD's, shouldn't be that close.

finalid69
10-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Here is a stat for you. IT ONLY TAKES 3.3 YARDS PER DOWN FOR A 1ST DOWN.

R1Editor
10-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Please merge with existing thread.

loboes86
10-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Here is a stat for you. IT ONLY TAKES 3.3 YARDS PER DOWN FOR A 1ST DOWN. Which means what ? You think our boys wont be able to do this ? Or Seminoles will be the only ones that can.

Tres Lobos
10-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Seminole will lay down just like every year. A reciever will go across the middle and get hit, then the drops will come and the rout is on!

garciap77
10-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Seminole will lay down just like every year. A reciever will go across the middle and get hit, then the drops will come and the rout is on!

:eek::eek::eek:

garciap77
10-14-2011, 05:09 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/bump2.gif

Tres Lobos
10-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Looks like I was completely wrong about this one, Seminole up 41-0 after 3 quarters!! :eek::eek:

finalid69
10-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Seminole 41 Monahans 7 All you guys under estimate Seminole. Monahans has absolutley no excuse. They just took a legitimate west texas butt kickin.

Tin Cup
10-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Did the Seminole qb play against Snyder?

navajo joe
10-14-2011, 10:07 PM
No he was hurt but he is back

Tin Cup
10-14-2011, 10:09 PM
No he was hurt but he is back

Thanks. Great win tonight. I don't think anyone underestimates or disrespects your team. Just geography limits the knowledge.

tex_male
10-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Wow!!! Seminole whooped Monahans ARSE tonight. I was very impressed with the Indians................

Ranger Mom
10-15-2011, 02:20 AM
I kept my mouth shut, but after the game last week, my husband (who runs the chains) said he would be surprised if Monahans beat Seminole. Needless to say....he WAS surprised, he thought Seminole might win...but he never thought it would be by that much!!!

loboes86
10-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Good Job Seminole ! They really gave Monahans a woopin last night!

loboes86
10-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Seminole 41 Monahans 7 All you guys under estimate Seminole. Monahans has absolutley no excuse. They just took a legitimate west texas butt kickin.Ya don't have to yell we read just fine!

finalid69
10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Ya don't have to yell we read just fine!

Not yelling here. Just excited about the win last night. All week long I kept seeing all this talk about Monahans gonna make us lay down. First half Monahans couldn't even get there ball beyond the 50 except one time at the end of the 2nd qtr. Lobos finally get a score with less than 20 seconds on the clock at the end of the game.

Oh well, all is good I do think Seminole and Monahans will continue to do good the rest of the year. Sometimes humble pie is hard to swallow. We have had our share of it.

GOOD LUCK!

loboes86
10-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Not yelling here. Just excited about the win last night. All week long I kept seeing all this talk about Monahans gonna make us lay down. First half Monahans couldn't even get there ball beyond the 50 except one time at the end of the 2nd qtr. Lobos finally get a score with less than 20 seconds on the clock at the end of the game.

Oh well, all is good I do think Seminole and Monahans will continue to do good the rest of the year. Sometimes humble pie is hard to swallow. We have had our share of it. GOOD LUCK!Even the big dogs get kicked off the porch sometimes. Monahans lost badly last night and now they have to swallow some of the medicine they been dealing out. We'll take it, we wont like it, but we'll take it. Good Luck rest of year we'll be watchin.

navajo joe
10-15-2011, 11:49 AM
all i have to say is we wanted it really bad ,our guys played with alot of heart as a team offense and defense we are proud of our kids . we also know that you guys have a great team and probably had a off night . we now have to get ready for andrews which i heard has a great qb .WHO EVER MAKES THE PLAYOFFS FROM OUR REGION ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS LETS GO DEEPER THIS YEAR!!!!

DalhartAlumni
10-16-2011, 06:03 AM
Is Seminole going D2? If so, Dalhart could see Seminole again, hopefully it won't be like last time haha

navajo joe
10-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Not sure, what are you hearing ?
Is Seminole going D2? If so, Dalhart could see Seminole again, hopefully it won't be like last time haha

navajo joe
10-16-2011, 09:34 AM
trying to get black magic to understand that seminole without burtch is like snyder without ward "average"
Thanks. Great win tonight. I don't think anyone underestimates or disrespects your team. Just geography limits the knowledge.

Black_Magic
10-16-2011, 12:50 PM
trying to get black magic to understand that seminole without burtch is like snyder without ward "average" you can talk it all you want. there are others on the board who talk alot too. outcome has not matched the talk though. Again.. Burtch is good no doubt. he wont help you takle ward. and HE cant protect his self better or block for his self better than the guys that did last time. maybe you can talk your self out of the loss to Snyder if you want to. hopefully for you there can be a second chance so there cant be any excuses.

tex_male
10-16-2011, 07:43 PM

Not sure, what are you hearing ?

Seminole will go D2 if Andrews or Fort Stockton makes the playoffs. If it goes Seminole, Monahans and Greenwood then Seminole goes D1

navajo joe
10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
thank you didnt know
Seminole will go D2 if Andrews or Fort Stockton makes the playoffs. If it goes Seminole, Monahans and Greenwood then Seminole goes D1

Black_Magic
10-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Navaho Joe, You need to make sure an get Coach Burtch to accept Snyders offer to play again the next two years. Right now we have Weeks 3,4,and 5 open and I know for a FACT that Coach Rogers has contacted Coach Burtch about playing. as of yet coach Burtch has not responded. SO, maybe you can help folks there to get him to schedule us for next year. I think its the only way to prove what you think. Ward will be gone next year and Seminole will have burtch.... So it should be easy for Seminole and pove what your saying.. OK??? Week 3,4,or 5... what ever works best for Seminole is fine..

Tres Lobos
10-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Navaho Joe, You need to make sure an get Coach Burtch to accept Snyders offer to play again the next two years. Right now we have Weeks 3,4,and 5 open and I know for a FACT that Coach Rogers has contacted Coach Burtch about playing. as of yet coach Burtch has not responded. SO, maybe you can help folks there to get him to schedule us for next year. I think its the only way to prove what you think. Ward will be gone next year and Seminole will have burtch.... So it should be easy for Seminole and pove what your saying.. OK??? Week 3,4,or 5... what ever works best for Seminole is fine..

Seminole loses some key players after this year, so it does not really prove anything if y'all play next year. If yall play again this year SEMINOLE WOULD OWN SNYDER!! :eek::eek: Better start hitting your knees and praying that yall don't meet up in the playoffs black magic.

navajo joe
10-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Even if we dont get to play snyder in the playoffs you all probably will and MONAHANS owns snyder
Seminole loses some key players after this year, so it does not really prove anything if y'all play next year. If yall play again this year SEMINOLE WOULD OWN SNYDER!! :eek::eek: Better start hitting your knees and praying that yall don't meet up in the playoffs black magic.

Black_Magic
10-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Dont forget to pass the info along to the coach ok?? Glad your confident again. Hope we both make it long enough to meet up again.. Dont forget to pass the info along though ok. weeks 3,4,or 5 will be fine.

garciap77
10-17-2011, 08:04 AM

garciap77
10-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Even if we dont get to play snyder in the playoffs you all probably will and MONAHANS owns snyder

hollywood
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Congrats Seminole. Good luck the rest of the season.