PDA

View Full Version : SA coach suspended for talking ugly to little Johnny...waa waa suck it up!!

ccmom
10-12-2011, 11:48 PM
What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.woai.com/content/sports/highschool/story/South-San-Bobcats-coach-suspended-for-bad-language/DYTdY0Jv6kyGYcDvHmPPkQ.cspx

I guess it's probably clear how I feel about it from the title of the thread. I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I did. Ridiculous.

Pendragon13
10-13-2011, 12:36 AM
I don't know the particulars of what was said...and it may have gone too far, but the reality is that if every coach who used foul language or talked rough to players was suspended...the entire state would be nearly coachless.

HSFB
10-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Well I did not have to look it up but I did just for verification and just as I thought they have not won a game. Well no damn wonder as any team with a bunch of mental midgets who have a mental meltdown from a good azz chewing will not be competitive on the gridiron and unfortunately that has potential to translate to the game of life as well. Hey guess what, you are going to face some adversity in life and you are going to have to suck it up, learn from it and move on….and not whine like a bunch of damn sensitive babies. What type of player causes fuss about a coach who tosses around some cuss-words????....oh da hora.

GrTigers6
10-13-2011, 04:49 AM
Right or wrong, A coach who swears is very passionate,(for the most part) Meaning he cares about his kids and them winning. like what hsfb said coaches cuss all the time and unless its directed at a player(Name calling, etc) I dont have a problem with it. Sounds to me like some mommas boys got their feelings hurt.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2011, 06:32 AM
So those saying they are ok with coaches cussing, or it happens...Would you say the same thing if it was a teacher throwing F-bombs in the class room?

The coach broke a rule..simple as that.

Additup
10-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Right or wrong, A coach who swears is very passionate,(for the most part) Meaning he cares about his kids and them winning. like what hsfb said coaches cuss all the time and unless its directed at a player(Name calling, etc) I dont have a problem with it. Sounds to me like some mommas boys got their feelings hurt.
At least they couldn't suspend him for lying...what he said was probably as honest and truthful assessment they'll ever hear. Administration always struggles with people that tell it like it is.

BILLYFRED0000
10-13-2011, 07:04 AM
So those saying they are ok with coaches cussing, or it happens...Would you say the same thing if it was a teacher throwing F-bombs in the class room?

I happen to agree with you tx. Celina aint perfect but we do believe that a cussword is no better way to say what you have to say than an appropriate word. The Select League my son played in last year was also that way. The coaches were both Christian. One game a bad word dropped and we were almost in shock. And that was actually a nice feeling to realize that we had gotten used to proper treatment for our Kids.

Gontex
10-13-2011, 07:30 AM

It is not the same thing. I have seen some students who could use a little azz chewin in the classroom to make them realize how important their best efforts are. As several others have said on here, "nearly every coach uses profanity in practice every once in a while".

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2011, 07:32 AM
It is not the same thing. I have seen some students who could use a little azz chewin in the classroom to make them realize how important their best efforts are. As several others have said on here, "nearly every coach uses profanity in practice every once in a while".

Sorry but you can chew butt without cussing

and it is the same thing..teachers and coaches are there to teach and shape kids. I dont want my daughter cussing and I dont want her coaches cussing..They can get their point across with out using profanity

garciap77
10-13-2011, 07:38 AM
What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.woai.com/content/sports/highschool/story/South-San-Bobcats-coach-suspended-for-bad-language/DYTdY0Jv6kyGYcDvHmPPkQ.cspx

I guess it's probably clear how I feel about it from the title of the thread. I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I did. Ridiculous.

judley1269 - 5:52 AM He should be put in timeout if he was dropping any F or S bombs. http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

garciap77
10-13-2011, 07:42 AM

We should be able to cuss here on the 3ADL too!!!:D

GrTigers6
10-13-2011, 07:42 AM

The coach broke a rule..simple as that.I am saying if it wasnt directed at the team and just a slip up. If he is directly cussing at the players than yes I have a problem with that.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2011, 07:51 AM
I am saying if it wasnt directed at the team and just a slip up. If he is directly cussing at the players than yes I have a problem with that.

yea I understand what you mean there..difference in a guy dropping one F-bomb out of nowhere and a coach who is constantly cussing

My HS FB coach stood by the old saying about cussing and intelligence and was adamament that Coaches respect the players by not cussing

nobogey72
10-13-2011, 08:30 AM
The week suspension seems pretty harsh. My guess is this isn't the first time and he had probably been warned. Everybody admires passion in a coach, but equally admire who has enough self-control to not lose it. Personally I would want a coach to coach my kids that had a little more class than to go off on a profanity outburst at high school aged kids.

GrTigers6
10-13-2011, 09:30 AM
yea I understand what you mean there..difference in a guy dropping one F-bomb out of nowhere and a coach who is constantly cussing

My HS FB coach stood by the old saying about cussing and intelligence and was adamament that Coaches respect the players by not cussingI agree, And in my brief stint as a official i spends a lot of time on the sidelines right in the middle of the coaches and if they are cussing its usually at us.:D
seriously though the coaches all though have been close to cussing, they are good at hiding it.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I agree, And in my brief stint as a official i spends a lot of time on the sidelines right in the middle of the coaches and if they are cussing its usually at us.:D
seriously though the coaches all though have been close to cussing, they are good at hiding it.

LOL and I was close to cussing at times when I coached and it was at a christian school LOL

Pendragon13
10-13-2011, 09:52 AM

The coach broke a rule..simple as that.Not saying that it is ok in all cases, but football is an intense, emotionally charged game...and anyone who chooses to play should know that it's going to be a different world than playing tennis, golf, or even soccer and baseball. For teenage boys, football is the closest thing to a modern gladiator arena...it's not always nice and neat.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Not saying that it is ok in all cases, but football is an intense, emotionally charged game...and anyone who chooses to play should know that it's going to be a different world than playing tennis, golf, or even soccer and baseball. For teenage boys, football is the closest thing to a modern gladiator arena...it's not always nice and neat.

and that is why the ADULTS should be able to show some constraint and not cuss all the time...yes it can happen and does, but a coach cussing all the time IMO shows no control

LHHS_Mom
10-13-2011, 10:03 AM
and that is why the ADULTS should be able to show some constraint and not cuss all the time...yes it can happen and does, but a coach cussing all the time IMO shows no control

:iagree: completely. I understand that there are times the coaches are very passionate about getting their points across. However, they are the mature experienced adults.

My son would have soap in his mouth if he said anything like that around me. :eek::D

Pendragon13
10-13-2011, 10:03 AM
and that is why the ADULTS should be able to show some constraint and not cuss all the time...yes it can happen and does, but a coach cussing all the time IMO shows no controlI agree, but was that the case with this particular coach? My coaches in HS rarely ever cussed, but when they did we knew that it was time to get down to business and stop slacking..

I'm not saying that it was wrong for this coach to be suspended, (I don't know what was said or in what context) just that football by nature is a high intensity sport that sometimes causes temporary tourettes syndrome. :)

ccmom
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Upon further review, it seems that the coaches choice of words also included an obscene hand gesture. That leads one to believe that he probably used some pretty fierce verbage, so perhaps the suspension was appropriate. Who knows? I do think it's admirable that the coach has accepted full responsibility.

I guess without knowing all the circumstances, I am on the fence. As a mother, you try to protect your children from physical and emotional harm. However, I think as a society we have become overly PC, and lovey dovey. When I played football the coaches were always telling me "Damn you play like a girl!", so I guess I thought all coaches were that way! :D

LHHS_Mom
10-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Upon further review, it seems that the coaches choice of words also included an obscene hand gesture. That leads one to believe that he probably used some pretty fierce verbage, so perhaps the suspension was appropriate. Who knows? I do think it's admirable that the coach has accepted full responsibility.

I guess without knowing all the circumstances, I am on the fence. As a mother, you try to protect your children from physical and emotional harm. However, I think as a society we have become overly PC, and lovey dovey. When I played football the coaches were always telling me "Damn you play like a girl!", so I guess I thought all coaches were that way! :D

LOL. I am sure that still happens but it has also gotten a bit more extreme. I totally understand that motivating the players is one thing. Having them understand that a play isn't supposed to look that way nor run that way can cause that mental slip of the tongue.

I am fierce when it comes to protecting my son and have had to do such in a situation that went way out of control. :)

Old Tiger
10-13-2011, 11:59 AM
the kid is a something that starts with p and rhymes with wussy

OldNavy
10-13-2011, 01:08 PM
the kid is a something that starts with p and rhymes with wussy

If we don't expect our leaders and teachers to control their emotions and their mouths, why should we expect that of our children?

In many years observing leadership, I have never had anyone tell me, "Oh, he is such a great coach and leader, he can motavate those kids with his marvalous swearing. Why, when he swears they all look up to him and will try so much harder."

I am sure there are some good leaders that also swear, but it is not the swearing that makes them good, IMHO.