PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio South San Coach suspended

ExScoop
10-12-2011, 08:16 PM
San Antonio South San coach suspended for cursing according to Radio Station KTSA
http://www.ktsa.com/Coach-Suspended-for-Cussing/11170502

ExScoop
10-12-2011, 08:21 PM
South San Antonio High School head football coach Jeff Smith has been suspended from his teaching and coaching duties for the rest of the week for an incident involving bad language on the practice field.

Smith, who is in his first year as head coach of the Bobcats, will not travel with the team when it faces Corpus Christi King on Friday at Buccaneer Stadium in Corpus Christi. Assistant coach John West will assume the head coaching reins for October 14 contest.

“I was wrong,” says a contrite Smith of the incident. “I let a lot of the external factors affect me. I allowed emotions to take over and took it to the kids and there’s no excuse for it.”

Interim Superintendent Linda Zeigler accepted Smith’s apology and has asked him to apologize to the Bobcat players and coaching staff later this week. “We’re trying to raise the standards for everyone,” Zeigler said.

Smith will resume his teaching and coaching duties on Monday, October 17, 2011. “I am humbled and appreciative at how I’ve been treated by the South San Antonio district staff on this matter,” said Smith.