PDA

View Full Version : Palacios at Sweeny

ExScoop
10-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Don't know or can't find if a thread has already been started on this game

Sweeny is coming off a 34-28 loss to Wharton and Palacios had an open date
Both teams are 3-3 overall

According the Lonestar Football Network website Palacios has only beaten Sweeny only 5 times in 38 games. There has been three ties. The website said Palacios hasn't won since 1988-But don't know how accurate it is

Sweeny should win but I'm sure Mike Treybig will have the Sharks ready

Here is a story from the Palacios Beacon
http://www.palaciosbeacon.com/home/sports.shtml

Bulldogs won 31-20 last year

Don't think this game will be broadcast over the web

SHSBulldog00
10-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Don't know or can't find if a thread has already been started on this game

Sweeny is coming off a 34-28 loss to Wharton and Palacios had an open date
Both teams are 3-3 overall

According the Lonestar Football Network website Palacios has only beaten Sweeny only 5 times in 38 games. There has been three ties. The website said Palacios hasn't won since 1988-But don't know how accurate it is

Sweeny should win but I'm sure Mike Treybig will have the Sharks ready

Here is a story from the Palacios Beacon
http://www.palaciosbeacon.com/home/sports.shtml

Bulldogs won 31-20 last year

Don't think this game will be broadcast over the web

No webcast as usual.

Sweeny has been hit by the injury bug almost all year. We had I believe 9 players 7 of which start on defense out last week. There are still a few who will be out a few weeks. If Sweeny can get most of them back, Sweeny would statistically be the favorite.

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 05:52 AM
Sweeny wins 28-7-Identical score of Palacios-Ganado game from two weeks ago

Scored was tied 7-7 at halftime. Dogs get two TDs in the third quarter and one in the fourth

By looking at stats- Bulldogs really dominated the game offensively

Sweeny is open next Friday and Palacios hosts Columbia. The Sharks then play at Needville on Oct. 28 and hosts Wharton on Nov. 4. Sharks can still make playoffs with wins over Needville and Wharton

SHSBulldog00
10-15-2011, 10:32 AM
We only had six players out this week.

Palacios controlled the ball in the first quarter. After controlling the ball for close to 10 minutes and a TD. Sweeny was able to get the ball. Three plays later the Dogs fumbled in Palacios territory. The Sharks several going both ways began to get tired and Sweeny took control. Too many penalties (false starts and personal fouls) for Sweeny. I'm sure the coaches will remedy this during this two week period to prepare for West Columbia.

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 11:27 AM
I still think Palacios has a chance to beat Wharton and Needville and make the playoffs. Sharks will lost next week to Necks