bigman33
05-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Giddings Plays Lorena in Georgetown in a three game series
First game is Thursday
2nd Game is Friday
3rd Game (If Necessary) is Saturday
Giddings is 19 - 7
Lorena is 24 - 1
Good luck to Giddings, they might need it!

oldbuff78
05-13-2002, 03:12 PM
How many pitchers do the leopards have that can go the distance? I here they are very good!

LepsFan
05-15-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by bigman33:
Giddings Plays Lorena in Georgetown in a three game series
First game is Thursday
2nd Game is Friday
3rd Game (If Necessary) is Saturday
Giddings is 19 - 7
Lorena is 24 - 1
Good luck to Giddings, they might need it!

What time do the games start?

Centex
05-16-2002, 09:59 AM
The Leopards ARE good. They have two excellent pitchers, not counting the one who beat then #1 LaGrange; also a lefty reliever who provides a different look and a young'un who has tons of potential. The lefty and frosh didn't pitch much this year...but would have been a two or three for most teams. Watched them play three games this year...they have to have an off night to be beaten...don't see it in a three-game series (at least until deep).

buffalo booster
05-16-2002, 01:59 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing them play. Haven't seen any of their games, but have kept up with them through the Waco Tribune (www.wacotrib.com). I therefore agree with your assessment. Giddings will have to play mistake-free in order to get through this series. In response to the earlier post - games are at 7:30 tonight and tomorrow and at 12 noon on Saturday (if needed). Go Buffs!

Ktown2004
05-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Lorena is really good! They came to Kennedale and beat us in a lightning shortened game 1-0. Good pitching and hitiing ball club. Wish them well. Hope to see them a little later if you know what I mean.

QBKilla
05-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Don't know if yall have heard yet but Lorena won 4-1. If anyone saw or heard the game please give some details. Wanna know what we are facing in the next round.

buffalo booster
05-17-2002, 08:41 AM
Good pitching usually beats good hitting. Lorena's pitchers held Giddings to four hits, and struck out 11. Lorena also only had four hits, but made better use of them.

No argument that Lorena is a good ballclub. But, Giddings wasted a couple of opportunities to score and made a few mental errors that cost them the game. Can't win against good teams when you make mistakes. Second game is today at 7:30 at Georgetown High School. Obviously hoping for a different result.