PDA

View Full Version : Texans choke against Raiders

ExScoop
10-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Texans had no business losing against the Raiders and Kubiak got out coached

They didn't utilize Foster in running the ball and only threw passes to him in the secord half

Schaub should have tried to run the ball in on the last play of the game instead of passing it

Raiders wanted this game more than the Texans did

East Bernard graduate and Oakland punter Shane Lechler had a 69 yard punt and also place one inside the 20

eagles_victory
10-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Raiders wanted this game more than the Texans did

Not many things I hate when people say more than this statement.

Roughneck93
10-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Just win, baby!
RIP Al Davis.

Saggy Aggie
10-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Texans played without andre and Mario, their two best players. It's a wonder they even had a chance at the end to win it against a MUCH improved raiders team.

trojandad
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Texans played without andre and Mario, their two best players. It's a wonder they even had a chance at the end to win it against a MUCH improved raiders team.

i kinda have to agree with exscoop, saggy....if we woulda had andre on the field and not thrown to him at the end, people woulda asked why we were ignorin the best wr in the league....well we have the leagues best rusher last year, yet we only use him as a receiver while playing catch up?

and before you use the excuse that he wasnt having a good day running, would we have stopped throwing to andre if he was having a bad day?

kubiak just has a statistically verifiable habit of running and passing equally in the first half of most games, then abandoning the pass if he has a lead, likewise the run if he trails....its an extreme statement but more true than false....

FB-fanatic
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
During the game, yes I felt he should have run on the last play. But after seeing the replay 3 o4 times now, that appeared to be his only option. One defender was coming so strong, he definitely would have nailed at the 7, and the receiver was covered up. By throwing low there was a very small chance of completion and an incompletion might have beaten out the play clock for one more play.

zebrablue2
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
What irks me about the Texans is never having their timeouts in the 2ed half! They are so unorganized in the 3rd and 4th quarters, they burn what they need at the end of the game. After the long catch with about 25 seconds left, a timeout would have been a game changer. This happens each an every game.

Emerson1
10-09-2011, 07:54 PM
ya.................................but.

Farmersfan
10-10-2011, 08:06 AM
I watched this game and felt the Texans got the benefit of some very, very marginal holding calls against the Raiders in the first half that called back big plays. McFadden went 50+ yards to the 1yard line on one play that got called back for a holding called that was on the opposite side of the line and was so tickey tack we could see worse holds on every single play. Twice on big McFadden runs the OL for the Raiders got called on marginal calls. I guess if you have a reputation they look at every single thing very closely. Texans got the benefit of some poor officiating and didn't use that to get a win.

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Texans outgained the Raiders by like 200 yards. They shouldn't have even needed any help from a holding call.

Oh well...

sinton66
10-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Apparently Tony Romo isn't the only QB that can throw interceptions and incompletes at the end of the game.