Region IV
1. Wimberley
2. Gonzales
3. Hondo
4. Columbia

OldNavy
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Numbers and nerdy stuff was used.

For us nerds, share the numbers and postulates, please.

waterboy
10-10-2011, 07:38 AM
In Region II, I actually think Henderson deserves to be in the top spot at this point. We will get the opportunity to see who is better between Henderson and Gilmer on October 28th, and I do think Gilmer can win that game. It's a toss up at the 2-4 spots.

Lion70
10-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Henderson the best 3A in the state lol! Everybody else is 2nd place!

GrTigers6
10-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Where is monahans, They beat Snyder week 0

lostaussie
10-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Henderson the best 3A in the state lol! Everybody else is 2nd place!theres a storm a comin:D

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
WC and Wimberley represented reg 4 last year in the semis and both are undefeated this year. I'm confused about how anyone can have them anything other than 1,2 in reg 4 but okay.

waterboy
10-10-2011, 09:23 AM
:) Hey, I gave y'all props, but don't go overboard. We will definitely see who the best team is in 16-3A come October 28th. Both teams have a couple of others to dispose of before that eventual meeting, though, including the 3-time defending state champs. Hopefully, both teams can go into that game undefeated. It'll definitely be the top game in 3-A that week, in my opinion.

trojandad
10-10-2011, 10:00 AM
:) Hey, I gave y'all props, but don't go overboard. We will definitely see who the best team is in 16-3A come October 28th. Both teams have a couple of others to dispose of before that eventual meeting, though, including the 3-time defending state champs. Hopefully, both teams can go into that game undefeated. It'll definitely be the top game in 3-A that week, in my opinion.

well you guys are pretty darn good, but were not exactly chopped liver down here.....lol

waterboy
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
well you guys are pretty darn good, but were not exactly chopped liver down here.....lol
Oh, I know, that's why I said 16-3A. We won't really know how Region 2 compares with the other regions, nor how 16-3A compares to other teams in our region, until the semis. We're not taking anything, or any other team for granted. Trust me.:)

OldNavy
10-10-2011, 10:38 AM

trojandad
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Oh, I know, that's why I said 16-3A. We won't really know how Region 2 compares with the other regions, nor how 16-3A compares to other teams in our region, until the semis. We're not taking anything, or any other team for granted. Trust me.:)

your right, sir, you did....i sure wish we had that level of competition to get sharp on down here...but then again i guess nobody does except 16-3a...

Old Tiger
10-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Henderson the best 3A in the state lol! Everybody else is 2nd place!fa show bruh

waterboy
10-10-2011, 11:21 AM
your right, sir, you did....i sure wish we had that level of competition to get sharp on down here...but then again i guess nobody does except 16-3a...
Yep, a district like the "District of Doom" certainly can help prepare you for the road ahead, IF you don't get too beat up by the time the playoffs start. This district is brutal. That's for sure!:twitch:

poisoned10
10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Until Henderson beats Gilmer, what makes them think they are better than us?

They couldn't even beat us at their place when Gilmer was having a down year and they were state champs.

waterboy
10-10-2011, 01:11 PM

They couldn't even beat us at their place when Gilmer was having a down year and they were state champs.
I guess I've been guilty of scoreboard watching. You're right. They haven't beaten us yet, and seeing as that game will be in Gilmer, I think the Buckeyes will find a way to win.

MGAR
10-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Short version. Took the teams and who they played and who they played and who they played and so on...

Really not much to it. I was bored so I told myself let's see how deep 3A is this year...

Those top teams are what I came up with. Nothing fancy... I haven't seen every team on the list play so I tried to keep the human element out of it if that makes since..

Plan on during it again after week ten and after the season to see how close I came..Hope this was helpful.

MGAR
10-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Dude I like Henderson and all but here are a few things that stick out to me.

A 2-4 Liberty-Eylau team is the toughest Henderson has played this year, to date.

Another thing is the opponent combined record of 11-26..

Stuff like that jumps out at me..

Same was said last year though so who knows.

trojandad
10-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Dude I like Henderson and all but here are a few things that stick out to me.

A 2-4 Liberty-Eylau team is the toughest Henderson has played this year, to date.

Another thing is the opponent combined record of 11-26..

Stuff like that jumps out at me..

Same was said last year though so who knows.

no, your right to consider that...except for crocketts good showing, we have the same problem....but we blew crockett out by the same margin as the others, so who knows?

oldtownag
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM

So I guess you think Carthage is better than Gilmer?

MGAR
10-10-2011, 03:01 PM

Yea at basketball and softball.. Maybe golf...

waterboy
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Y'all will get your chance Friday night to prove Carthage is better than Gilmer. I think you will be disappointed with what you see. We'll see....

orange machine
10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
At this point Celina is not number 2 material and I'm not sure they are even top 10 material. Celina's offense has been really good, but the defense is weak at run stopping. If the defense doesn't get better Celina will have to put up big numbers to win in the playoffs.

OldNavy
10-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Short version. Took the teams and who they played and who they played and who they played and so on...

Really not much to it. I was bored so I told myself let's see how deep 3A is this year...

Those top teams are what I came up with. Nothing fancy... I haven't seen every team on the list play so I tried to keep the human element out of it if that makes since..

Plan on during it again after week ten and after the season to see how close I came..Hope this was helpful.

Sounds a little like the Massey Ratings, which I like. They get better the later in the season as teams have played more common opponents. I also like it that it is completely objective. When youngsters are involved, nothing is 100% however. Massey is one of the rating systems for choosing the BCS teams, so your method has some respect. Good luck with it. (But, don't bet the farm!)

OldNavy
10-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Sounds a little like the Massey Ratings, which I like. They get better the later in the season as teams have played more common opponents. I also like it that it is completely objective. When youngsters are involved, nothing is 100% however. Massey is one of the rating systems for choosing the BCS teams, so your method has some respect. Good luck with it. (But, don't bet the farm!)

You and Massey have gotten very nearly the same results. Here is the updated Massey rating for 3A's top 22 in order and the 2nd number is where Massey thinks they rank in the whole state of Texas.
Massey places Henderson ahead of Celina and gives them a 4 point edge in a match up today with Henderson coming out on top, 38-34.
In region 4, you agreed with Massey except for Decatur. There Massey has Shallowater in that spot.
This data is available on Highschoolsports.net.
3A Rank in State
1. Gilmer 24
2. Alvarado 27
3. Coldspring 35
4. Chapelhill 38
5. Snyder 51
6. Henderson 53
7. Celina 64
8. Wimberley 65
9. Argyle 73
10. Prosper 79
11. Lindale 86
12. Shallow Water 87
13. Seminole 90
14. Monahans 91
15. Van 93
16. Le Vega 97
17. Navasota 98
18. Carthage 103
19. Sanger 108
20. Gonzales 113
21. Decatur 144
22. Hondo 153
38. Columbia 248

poisoned10
10-11-2011, 10:24 AM

Until proven otherwise, yes.

sandbagger
10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
At this point Celina is not number 2 material and I'm not sure they are even top 10 material. Celina's offense has been really good, but the defense is weak at run stopping. If the defense doesn't get better Celina will have to put up big numbers to win in the playoffs.Finally we agree

mwynn05
10-11-2011, 05:15 PM
no, your right to consider that...except for crocketts good showing, we have the same problem....but we blew crockett out by the same margin as the others, so who knows? and im not real familiar with the 3a teams aroujd here yet.... gotta learn the 4a ones first, but your district isnt what most people would call strong outside of huffman correct?

cowboyandchrist
10-11-2011, 06:50 PM
We will find out how good Gilmer is this weekend, with 7 sophmores starting for the Dawgs, Gilmer should win, but the Chapell Hill coach made the statement, that Carthage played them harder than anyone so far. In Gilmer with a few turnovers, Gilmer can still win. Carthage has to play mistake free and all the young players can not miss assignments. This will be Gilmer's first test of the season. I want to see if that little defense can hold up against a school with no one playing both ways. Gilmer has the smallest Defense I would guess out of all the teams that will be in the playoffs. Last year Argile handled Gilmer without much trouble because of the size difference. Henderson want get tested untill they play Carthage and Gilmer, but should be the second best team behind Chappel Hill from East Texas.

garciap77
10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Henderson the best 3A in the state lol! Everybody else is 2nd place!:lies:

Celina is better!!!!:D

'Necks 2013-14
10-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Columbia @ 38!! DISLIKE.:eek:
You and Massey have gotten very nearly the same results. Here is the updated Massey rating for 3A's top 22 in order and the 2nd number is where Massey thinks they rank in the whole state of Texas.
Massey places Henderson ahead of Celina and gives them a 4 point edge in a match up today with Henderson coming out on top, 38-34.
In region 4, you agreed with Massey except for Decatur. There Massey has Shallowater in that spot.
This data is available on Highschoolsports.net.
3A Rank in State
1. Gilmer 24
2. Alvarado 27
3. Coldspring 35
4. Chapelhill 38
5. Snyder 51
6. Henderson 53
7. Celina 64
8. Wimberley 65
9. Argyle 73
10. Prosper 79
11. Lindale 86
12. Shallow Water 87
13. Seminole 90
14. Monahans 91
15. Van 93
16. Le Vega 97
17. Navasota 98
18. Carthage 103
19. Sanger 108
20. Gonzales 113
21. Decatur 144
22. Hondo 153
38. Columbia 248

trojandad
10-11-2011, 10:49 PM
and im not real familiar with the 3a teams aroujd here yet.... gotta learn the 4a ones first, but your district isnt what most people would call strong outside of huffman correct?

with cleveland down, thats correct...splendora had texas de brian robison along with a 2,000 yd rusher a few years back and made some noise, but yes, overall id consider our district to be weak...

cleveland has some of the best athletes in the state, but when they dont have a homegrown coach like coach tullos was all their athletes play basketball....its a big streetball town....

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 04:44 AM

Totally...got your back on this one!

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 04:55 AM

http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-047.gif http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-047.gif

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Yea at basketball and softball.. Maybe golf...

But their Swim Team really sucks...on the other hand, we rule The State in 3A...eat our dust!

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 05:05 AM
We will find out how good Gilmer is this weekend, with 7 sophmores starting for the Dawgs, Gilmer should win, but the Chapell Hill coach made the statement, that Carthage played them harder than anyone so far. In Gilmer with a few turnovers, Gilmer can still win. Carthage has to play mistake free and all the young players can not miss assignments. This will be Gilmer's first test of the season. I want to see if that little defense can hold up against a school with no one playing both ways. Gilmer has the smallest Defense I would guess out of all the teams that will be in the playoffs. Last year Argile handled Gilmer without much trouble because of the size difference. Henderson want get tested untill they play Carthage and Gilmer, but should be the second best team behind Chappel Hill from East Texas.

Just a note..."starter" at Gilmer is different than most teams...it is a badge of respect and hard work...after play one, the rotation starts...we have 10-12 soph and 2-3 fresh on the varsity and they play...some will amaze you.

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 05:06 AM
:lies:

Does that include against Daingerfield?

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2011, 05:15 AM
I like how Alvarado is flying under the radar. State semifinalist last year and twice as good this yr.. Keep your eyes open..

ccmom
10-12-2011, 07:02 AM
I like how Alvarado is flying under the radar. State semifinalist last year and twice as good this yr.. Keep your eyes open.. It might be time for you to check into a new radar. I wouldn't say Alvarado is flying under it. They are getting love in the polls and I think most people expect to see them playing in December. It will be fun to see what happens!

5wide
10-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Decatur could beat celina.

OldNavy
10-12-2011, 11:19 AM

Sure they could, except there is not a chance that will happen this year! Maybe after alinement they could play in the semi-finals or even preseason. Who knows, the way the UIL treats Celina, they could end up not only in the same region, but in the same district. So maybe we could find out if your thought might be true. Otherwise, you will just have to speculate. Sorry.

Old Tiger
10-12-2011, 11:29 AM
I like how Alvarado is flying under the radar. State semifinalist last year and twice as good this yr.. Keep your eyes open..Are they region I?

garciap77
10-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Does that include against Daingerfield?

They are better than any team in 3A, 2A or 4A!!!:D

garciap77
10-12-2011, 11:35 AM

:eek:

garciap77
10-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Their JV maybe!

5wide
10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Their JV maybe!

Wei def know they could beat wylie..

garciap77
10-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Wei def know they could beat wylie..

Decatur is the only team I know Wylie can beat with out a problem. We can beat you by at least 21 points!:D

PHOP
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
:lies:

Celina has a good team but have they played top 3a teams? Their district is a cake walk compared to many others on this board

5wide
10-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Decatur is the only team I know Wylie can beat with out a problem. We can beat you by at least 21 points!:D

there is no way in hell that yall beat decatur by 21! I could see it the other way around tho..

Old Tiger
10-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Celina has a good team but have they played top 3a teams? Their district is a cake walk compared to many others on this boardSo is their pre-district schedule

Phil C
10-12-2011, 04:09 PM
numbers and nerdy stuff was used.

region iv
1. Wimberley
2. Gonzales
3. Hondo
4. Columbia

beware of the howling bear!!

OldNavy
10-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Celina has a good team but have they played top 3a teams? Their district is a cake walk compared to many others on this board

This year Celina's district is tougher than Prosper's. You just don't always know how it will work out. Who would have expected Princeton to be your toughest district opponent? But, Prosper has had a tough road to get to district. Hope you stay healthy and make some noise in the playoffs.