PDA

View Full Version : Wharton-Columbia

Saggy Aggie
10-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Wharton beat sweeny so this game just got a lot more interesting. Wharton might be kinda good this year.

zebrablue2
10-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Columbia by 20!!!

Saggy Aggie
10-09-2011, 03:57 PM
ttt.

ExScoop
10-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I was really surprised that the Tigers scored 34 points against Sweeny after being shutout by a pretty good Navasota team 54-0

Junior Bartee Grissom scored five touchdowns for the Tigers and rushed for over three hundred yards.

New coach Brad Wright said in his Friday's coaches show on both of two El Campo radio stations that his team was young and played a tough non-district schedule. They also lost to Smithville, El Campo and Austin St. Michael's. He's a great coach in getting his team ready for the district opener

Wharton has the ablility of giving Columbia a good game but they can't afford to fall far behind early. They trailed Sweeny 21-20 at halftime and that gave the Tigers some confidence entering the second half.

The Tigers haven't played well on the road with the exception of them beating Royal in Brookshire

If I didn't have to cover the Louise-Ganado game-I would make the trip to West Columbia to watch the Tigers

Necked
10-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Grissom may have walked all over Sweeny, but I cant see any one player beating Columbia like that. They will need others to step up to stay competitive on the Necks field.
It was great to see Bell back on the field again, he looked strong & him being healthy again will take some of the pressure off the line issues. I cant recall seeing our coaches having to scrounge up linemen like this before. Its amazing they are doing so well considering the line is being held together with linebackers & duct tape. Still, it struck me as odd to see Roark wearing #64. I wonder if that was just an emergency plan or if they were actually going to use him as a down lineman.

neck_06
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Wharton beat sweeny so this game just got a lot more interesting. Wharton might be kinda good this year.

Maybe Sweeny just isn't very good...

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 08:13 PM

I am with you. Our JV probably would have beaten Wharton the night they played in Navasota. Maybe it was a bad game for the Tigers. 40-0 was the half time score and 54-0 was the score after the third quarter. Since that was my first and only game to see the Tigers play, I can only go on that game.

If Wharton is anything close to last years team, they will not have any worries on Friday.

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't think Sweeny is terrible. I'm thoroughly confused about what happened in the Wharton game. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Oh well though

And, anyone know if WC had any INTs the last 2 games?

They had 14 in the first 5, with Treylon Johnican having 7 of those I think.

Curious to see if they slowed down on the picks.

Roughneck93
10-10-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't think Sweeny is terrible. I'm thoroughly confused about what happened in the Wharton game. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Oh well thoughAnd, anyone know if WC had any INTs the last 2 games?They had 14 in the first 5, with Treylon Johnican having 7 of those I think. Curious to see if they slowed down on the picks.No picks the last two games. Stafford did not attempt a pass against us. Needville only attempted a handful of passes. Still plenty of forced fumbles/recoveries though.

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2011, 08:23 AM
No picks the last two games. Stafford did not attempt a pass against us. Needville only attempted a handful of passes. Still plenty of forced fumbles/recoveries though. Hard to get ints when they dont throw.

But yeah, WC's defense is forcing an absurd amount of turnovers.

'Necks 2013-14
10-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Kind of hard to get INTs when Stafford did not even attempt a pass and Needville was 2/5 for 16 yards.:)
I don't think Sweeny is terrible. I'm thoroughly confused about what happened in the Wharton game. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Oh well though

And, anyone know if WC had any INTs the last 2 games?

They had 14 in the first 5, with Treylon Johnican having 7 of those I think.

Curious to see if they slowed down on the picks.

Gsquared
10-10-2011, 10:06 AM
I hope Wharton can be competitive for atleast a half.

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I hope Wharton can be competitive for atleast a half. I dont lol

Gsquared
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
I bet!!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-10-2011, 01:43 PM
I am with you. Our JV probably would have beaten Wharton the night they played in Navasota. Maybe it was a bad game for the Tigers. 40-0 was the half time score and 54-0 was the score after the third quarter. Since that was my first and only game to see the Tigers play, I can only go on that game.

If Wharton is anything close to last years team, they will not have any worries on Friday.

That should have said if West Columbia is anything close to last years team, they will not have any worries.

nexfan
10-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I think Columbia's defense is better this year. Their offense is good but not as good as last year. They have the ability to score but not as early and often as last year. But in the grand scheme of things they do say offense wins games but defense wins championships.

ExScoop
10-10-2011, 04:12 PM
One year ( Back in the late 1980s or 1990s-I covered a Wharton-Columbia game in West Columbia
It was before the new press box was built_ It was so cold that night (Don't remember if it was in late October or early Decemeber)

I froze my butt off- I know Wharton won the game-Everyone was shivering

Do any Roughnecks fans recall that game?

Gsquared
10-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Whats the weather supposed to be like in Scrub C on Friday? Should I wear my rubbers?

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Whats the weather supposed to be like in Scrub C on Friday? Should I wear my rubbers? always a good idea to come prepared with rubbers in hand.

Lucky2Coach
10-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Sweeny had 9 people that we can use in our front 7 out and two starting o-lineman out. First and second string center out.

We are playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers in over half our positions. It's part of football, but I wish it on no one.

SHSBulldog00
10-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Sweeny had 9 people that we can use in our front 7 out and two starting o-lineman out. First and second string center out.

We are playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers in over half our positions. It's part of football, but I wish it on no one.

Limas is out 3 weeks with a broke ankle.:crying:

BLEEDZGREEN
10-12-2011, 10:27 AM
always a good idea to come prepared with rubbers in hand.

That's what she said. :D

Manso/V8
10-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Sweeny had 9 people that we can use in our front 7 out and two starting o-lineman out. First and second string center out. We are playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers in over half our positions. It's part of football, but I wish it on no one.

That's a tough situation.
Will some or all of the players who are out be able to return soon?

carter08
10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Saggy, you gonna be at the game? I think I'll be attending my first WC game in 2 years Friday.

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Saggy, you gonna be at the game? I think I'll be attending my first WC game in 2 years Friday. most likely no. I was just in town last weekend and prolly not gonna drive back again.