PDA

View Full Version : Salado @ BURNET

BLEEDZGREEN
10-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Salado(0-1) vs Burnet (0-1) in District 25
This game should determine the final spot for the playoffs.
The Dawgs have lost their starting QB for the rest of the season, he was injured in the final 2:00 with Burnet driving deep in Lampasas territory about to take the lead. My heart goes out to him and his family, he is tough as nails and was having a great game he also looked to be coming out of his slump in the last 2gms. The Dawgs will now have to rally behind #12 the junior, he has a strong arm and is pretty accurate but has never started a game just some spot play here & there.
I just hope we can pull out the win to keep our chances alive for a playoff spot but the last month has not been kind to the Dawgs with injuries and report cards we have been hit pretty good. I told my son nobody is going to feel sorry for y'all, you just have to fight harder if you want to make it to the playoffs.

1. Salado
2. Burnet

LHHS_Mom
10-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Salado(0-1) vs Burnet (0-1) in District 25
This game should determine the final spot for the playoffs.
The Dawgs have lost their starting QB for the rest of the season, he was injured in the final 2:00 with Burnet driving deep in Lampasas territory about to take the lead. My heart goes out to him and his family, he is tough as nails and was having a great game he also looked to be coming out of his slump in the last 2gms. The Dawgs will now have to rally behind #12 the junior, he has a strong arm and is pretty accurate but has never started a game just some spot play here & there.
I just hope we can pull out the win to keep our chances alive for a playoff spot but the last month has not been kind to the Dawgs with injuries and report cards we have been hit pretty good. I told my son nobody is going to feel sorry for y'all, you just have to fight harder if you want to make it to the playoffs.

1. Salado
2. Burnet

You must be charged up for next Friday's game. :D
I can't believe there is only 4 Fridays of football left. (regular season wise) :eek:

BLEEDZGREEN
10-09-2011, 10:14 AM
You must be charged up for next Friday's game. :D
I can't believe there is only 4 Fridays of football left. (regular season wise) :eek:

can't believe there is only 4 Fridays of football left. (regular season wise) :eek:[/QUOTE]

Kind of, it's my son's final year so I'm not rushing it but I hope the team can rally behind our backup and save this season because my boy and the other seniors took it pretty bad Friday night after losing, they tried their best to send that game into overtime.
I know I can't believe it either, I try not to think about it to much:crying: just enjoy each game.:cheerl:
I will be chanting & cheering twice as loud this week, I can barely talk now from the last game!:ack!::)
GO DAWGS!!!

LHHS_Mom
10-09-2011, 11:51 AM
can't believe there is only 4 Fridays of football left. (regular season wise) :eek:

Kind of, it's my son's final year so I'm not rushing it but I hope the team can rally behind our backup and save this season because my boy and the other seniors took it pretty bad Friday night after losing, they tried their best to send that game into overtime.
I know I can't believe it either, I try not to think about it to much:crying: just enjoy each game.:cheerl:
I will be chanting & cheering twice as loud this week, I can barely talk now from the last game!:ack!::)
GO DAWGS!!![/QUOTE]\

I am very familiar with the position you are in. My son was sidelined due to an injury this past week and I have a feeling that it may very well last longer than anticipated. He has a passion for football, but as a parent, I worry about his overall aches and pains when he outgrows being a Mancub. :eek::D

Enjoy each and every game to its fullest. :):2thumbsup

BLEEDZGREEN
10-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your son, I hope its nothing to serious.
I know what you mean, when they are tackling my son I hold my breath almost every time.
Thanks I sure will!!:)

greendawg84
10-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Dang Bleedz I dont know what to think about this one now , Dawgs will have to tackle better this week than they did last week. Anyone out there watch LH and Salado ? Is LH down or is Salado that much better
than they were last year ?

New QB will be fine dont see a downside there. Kid can throw and should settle down as the game goes on. It could actually expand the O with more speed at QB.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Your right greendawg, the 1st half tackling was not that great but our coaches made the adjustments after halftime and only gave up 1td & the safety was due to a bad snap. The Dawgs D played much better in the 2nd half but I knew we would problems in the beginning because we hadn't played the slot this year and it showed. That game was ours but the injury to #15 kinda screwed the momentum we had on that drive to take the lead back.
I like our chances this week with a spread team coming to town, I haven't seen the Salado vs LH film yet but I should be watching it as soon as they put it on Hudl. The games that I have watched of Salado they love to bomb it and they look a lot more scrappy than last year when we beat them 56-20. I'm with you on the backup, the kid is a cool customer in the pocket and his height @ 6'4 helps out a lot. I know the coaches will have a good plan inplace for him also the sophmore might get in some reps too but not 100% on that.:)

LHHS_Mom
10-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear about your son, I hope its nothing to serious.
I know what you mean, when they are tackling my son I hold my breath almost every time.
Thanks I sure will!!:)

Thank you so much. I am keeping my fingers crossed still, but at least he will be there to support his teammates. :)

The Dawgs have a pretty resilient team and I am sure Salado will be seeking a win. You will have another good game to chant for.
have FUN! :D

BLEEDZGREEN
10-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks LHHS_Mom, I sure will!:D

Just picked up the Austin Statesman and noticed my son is 4th in Central Tx in rushing right between those Purple Cats Johnston & Corn.:D. I had to email the paper because they are missing stats from one of his games. He missed the 1st game of the season so he could've been around 2nd.:)

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks LHHS_Mom, I sure will!:D

Just picked up the Austin Statesman and noticed my son is 4th in Central Tx in rushing right between those Purple Cats Johnston & Corn.:D. I had to email the paper because they are missing stats from one of his games. He missed the 1st game of the season so he could've been around 2nd.:)
Already with the coulda woulda shoulda? ;)

Congrats to him! :clap:

BLEEDZGREEN
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Lol! Thank you very much LH Panther Mom. :)

LHHS_Mom
10-11-2011, 08:53 PM
That is awesome for him! :)

I remember my son's offense blasts from middle school through last year. The memories are priceless. :D

BLEEDZGREEN
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Thank you again LHHS_Mom & awwwwww yes memories! :)

All the hard work he has put in, has been paying off this year.

panfan
10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
So lets hold hands around thecampfire and sing cumbaya why dont we - purple and green, green and purple, dogs and cats hanging out, whats the world coming too?

On another note, I met a very nice young man in Burnet who worked at the whataburger last year just after we lost to burnet, but before the varisty game the following night. He was very nice, and as we talked, I came away with the impression of a complete gentleman. Said he played running back and was number 2? something I cant recall. None the less, made an impression on me as a very upstanding young man. Your boy? Don't know, but whose ever he was - I say good job Mom and Dad.

OK - no more nicey nice from this end

BLEEDZGREEN
10-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Panfan my son did work @ Whataburger but it was earlier this year, I know #5 Joe Brown worked there last year. If the kid your talking was about 5'7 that was him, my son is 5'11 with a killer smile. :D.....Both of them are very respectful young men.

Agreed no more Mr. Nice Guy!

LHdog
10-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Bulldogs lose 20-10. Stick a fork in Burnet, their done.