PDA

View Full Version : Carthage @ Gilmer

buckeyebob
10-08-2011, 05:59 PM
This could be The Game...the Buckeyes have a burn...The Bulldogs confused me last night against Pitt.

Who 'ya got?

MGAR
10-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Like last year with Carthage beating Gilmer while they were "down" I see Gilmer doing the same to Carthage this year, with Carthage being "down" and all.

Pawdaddy
10-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Gilmer beats the second of 3 state champions on their home turf this season! Buckeyes by 2 TDs,

house
10-09-2011, 04:53 PM
if it doesn't happen, you guys are going to jump off your outhouse roof.

oldtownag
10-09-2011, 09:08 PM
This could be The Game...the Buckeyes have a burn...The Bulldogs confused me last night against Pitt.

Who 'ya got?

You are easily confused my friend.

Buckeye1980
10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Oh how I wish I could throw this recoverey thing out the window and be there....hoping the Bucks come out on top.

buckeyebob
10-10-2011, 03:45 AM
You are easily confused my friend.

I may be old but not senile yet...if the Bulldogs are a repaet of the Pitt game, it will be ugly for the Bulldogs early...& that is just the way it will roll.

waterboy
10-10-2011, 07:30 AM
I think the Buckeyes will do what they do and beat the 3-time defending state champion Carthage Bulldogs. It's time for the Buckeyes to break the Bulldog district win streak at 21 (?)? They broke our district win streak last year. It's time to return the favor.

I agree with MGAR, I see the Buckeyes and Bulldogs flipping spots this year. The Buckeyes have experience at the skill positions, while Carthage has had to start all over just like the Buckeyes did last year.

hollywood
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Where's all the Carthage posters?:1popcorn:

bobcat1
10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Where's all the Carthage posters?:1popcorn: Having Coffee with the Brownwood posters at the Whataburger in Early I guess.:taunt:

OldNavy
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Having Coffee with the Brownwood posters at the Whataburger in Early I guess.:taunt:
Brownwood posters have to be up to their eyeballs in coffee, because they haven't beed doing a lot of posting.:stirpot:

garciap77
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Gilmer by 21!

hollywood
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Gilmer by 22!

oldtownag
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Carthage by 1

Tales of the Dawgs demise are greatly exaggerated.

44INAROW
10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Having Coffee with the Brownwood posters at the Whataburger in Early I guess.:taunt:

lol nice :)

oldtownag
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Carthage and Gilmer have one common opponent:

Gilmer beat Jacksonville 44-22
Carthage beat Jacksonville 43-12

Discuss

lostaussie
10-11-2011, 03:05 PM

DiscussThat means basically.............Jacksonville sucks...............nothing more, nothing less.

hollywood
10-11-2011, 04:15 PM
At what points of the season did both play Jacksonville?

lostaussie
10-11-2011, 04:20 PM
At what points of the season did both play Jacksonville?Week 1 and 3 i think..............my mind is kinda fuzzy about all that. Carthage played them first and we played a couple weeks later.......... yes we played them GAME 3.

waterboy
10-11-2011, 04:31 PM

Discuss
Gilmer was up 27-0 at the half, fumbled the ball into the endzone going into halftime or it would've been 34-0, plus they missed a field goal. Jacksonville only had like 3 or 4 first downs at the half. 15 of those Jacksonville points were scored in the last 4 minutes of the game against all scrubs. Every player on the team got to participate. I don't know what happened when Carthage played them, but it doesn't matter anyway. Why did it take the Dawgs going to overtime to beat Pittsburg? A Pitt team that lost to Tatum 42-19, while Gilmer beat Tatum 34-0? If you want to throw stuff out there like that, it really has no bearing on this game. Every team matches up differently with other teams, and Gilmer should beat Carthage. Whether they will or not is yet to be seen. I think the Buckeyes will.

cowboyandchrist
10-11-2011, 07:10 PM
The game will be a hard hitting, slopper knocker for sure. It is simple. Carthage can win this game, IF all the young players do not miss assignments, no turnovers, (mistake free game) they win. Gilmer can have a few turnovers and still win. Home cooking always plays a part in a game this big, no matter where it is played. I want to see if Gilmer's small defense can hold up against a team that is bigger and faster for four quarters. They have done well against teams that have to play both ways. If they beat Carthage by three TD'S, the rest of 3A may be in trouble. If Carthage beats Gilmer, they will do ok in the playoffs, but I do not see a four pete. God Bless

cowboyandchrist
10-11-2011, 07:21 PM
You need to remember the facts your self, Tatum only completed two passes in the first half, the rest our QB threw over, under, and many times to the guy in the next county. The score should have been 14 to 14 at the half. Gilmer blew us out in the second half because of depth and stacking 9 men in the box, when they saw our QB could not hit train with the football. I agree we could not beat Gilmer this year, but I do think Carthage has a better chance than we did even starting 7 sophmores. They will not have 7 to 8 guys playing both ways. This will be Gilmer's first test.

oldtownag
10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Gilmer was up 27-0 at the half, fumbled the ball into the endzone going into halftime or it would've been 34-0, plus they missed a field goal. Jacksonville only had like 3 or 4 first downs at the half. 15 of those Jacksonville points were scored in the last 4 minutes of the game against all scrubs. Every player on the team got to participate. I don't know what happened when Carthage played them, but it doesn't matter anyway. Why did it take the Dawgs going to overtime to beat Pittsburg? A Pitt team that lost to Tatum 42-19, while Gilmer beat Tatum 34-0? If you want to throw stuff out there like that, it really has no bearing on this game. Every team matches up differently with other teams, and Gilmer should beat Carthage. Whether they will or not is yet to be seen. I think the Buckeyes will.

Little bit sensitive? I made no conclusions from the score. Just that J'ville was our only common opponent.

Our losses come from Lindale and Chapel Hill. We have had 2 early season losses in 3 of last 4 seasons. We are not scared of Gilmer like your old district foes were! Strap em up cause the Dawgs are coming to town.

garciap77
10-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Gilmer by 51!

SHSBulldog00
10-11-2011, 08:30 PM
This is the best game in Region II this week. Gonna pull for my fellow Dawgs!!!!

regaleagle
10-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I just don't see Carthage being able to control the game enough to beat Gilmer. QB Luke Turner is a senior leader of this offense for Gilmer, and will not be going 3 and out, which is what Carthage needs to happen in order for them to win. And I don't think Carthage can outscore Gilmer either in an offensive game. So I just don't see any way Carthage has any advantage. they must create a HUGE turnover differential in order to win. Gilmer wins by 21 pts.

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 05:14 AM
:clap:
Having Coffee with the Brownwood posters at the Whataburger in Early I guess.:taunt::clap:
So tacky!

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 05:17 AM

Discuss

Wescored one more point than you did & we have more compassion by letting them have and extra 10.

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 05:22 AM
The game will be a hard hitting, slopper knocker for sure. It is simple. Carthage can win this game, IF all the young players do not miss assignments, no turnovers, (mistake free game) they win. Gilmer can have a few turnovers and still win. Home cooking always plays a part in a game this big, no matter where it is played. I want to see if Gilmer's small defense can hold up against a team that is bigger and faster for four quarters. They have done well against teams that have to play both ways. If they beat Carthage by three TD'S, the rest of 3A may be in trouble. If Carthage beats Gilmer, they will do ok in the playoffs, but I do not see a four pete. God Bless

See Liberty Eyleau...bigger and fast...for that matter, I guess everyone has been bigger...faster - I don't think so...our defense is brutal...I look forward to Pitt...our deffenses are very similar.

buckeyebob
10-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Little bit sensitive? I made no conclusions from the score. Just that J'ville was our only common opponent.

Our losses come from Lindale and Chapel Hill. We have had 2 early season losses in 3 of last 4 seasons. We are not scared of Gilmer like your old district foes were! Strap em up cause the Dawgs are coming to town.

Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! I know you be scared ####less!

lostaussie
10-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Gilmer by 51!If we can...........it so shall be:D

waterboy
10-12-2011, 07:13 AM

No sensitivity here. Just stating that past matchups have absolutely nothing to do with what will happen in this game. Anybody can try and draw a conclusion about a matchup by looking at common opponents and the results. I honestly don't know what will happen in this game, but I can GUARANTEE you ain't neither team "scared" of the other, although I do think some of the fans from both are a little nervous.....LOL. The Dawgs have won the last two meetings, in the quarterfinals in '08, and last season. Every team cycles in players each year. The cycle favors the Buckeyes this year (finally), and I think they will beat y'all.

db1980
10-12-2011, 07:40 AM
This game will be won by the more physical team. That isn't Gilmer. I have read on many different forums that Gilmer has to lean on their QB running the ball too much. Carthage will key on that and shut down his running. He will have to beat the Dawgs with his arm and we saw how that fared last year. Carthage will run the ball and play action off it for big plays.

Carthage wins 35-28

waterboy
10-12-2011, 07:50 AM
This game will be won by the more physical team. That isn't Gilmer. I have read on many different forums that Gilmer has to lean on their QB running the ball too much. Carthage will key on that and shut down his running. He will have to beat the Dawgs with his arm and we saw how that fared last year. Carthage will run the ball and play action off it for big plays.

Carthage wins 35-28
Uuuuuhhhh.........your info is erroneous. Gilmer is most DEFINITELY physical. They've rediscovered DEFENSE this year, and I absolutely love it. They will absolutely lay the wood. Also, if you think that Luke's running is the only thing they have offensively, you are sadly mistaken. Yes, Luke is the focal point of this offense, but he is not making the mistakes he made last year. He reads defenses a lot better, and takes what the defense gives him. If that means throwing the ball, he is efficient at that, too. Carthage will be bigger and faster than Gilmer, BUT that has been the story with every team we've faced for the last two seasons. Mistakes and injuries absolutely killed the Buckeyes last year. Don't look for that to happen this year.

db1980
10-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Uuuuuuhhhhh......you need to comprehend what you read. I said the MORE physical team will win this game. I didn't say Gilmer wasn't physical. Carthage will win the battles in the trenches.

Mistakes can kill a team. However injuries don't kill a team. Not being prepared for them is what kills the team.

StangEm
10-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Well...this one's a tough one. Wish I could say that Carthage would pull it off but Gilmer just seems to have the edge in my mind. Can't really pinpoint why but it just seems to me that they have the edge this year.

OldNavy
10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
.... Carthage will be bigger and faster than Gilmer, ... Mistakes and injuries absolutely killed the Buckeyes last year. I thought everyone in Gilmer KNEW that speed kills!:thinking:

waterboy
10-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Uuuuuuhhhhh......you need to comprehend what you read. I said the MORE physical team will win this game. I didn't say Gilmer wasn't physical. Carthage will win the battles in the trenches.

Mistakes can kill a team. However injuries don't kill a team. Not being prepared for them is what kills the team.
Uuuuuhhh.......wanna bet? Maybe you can make it over and watch this game. Gilmer will be the MORE physical team Friday night. That I can guarantee you. Whether that will compute to a win remains to be seen.

And.......injuries DID play a large part last year, as it would with ANY team. That's the way football go. You can be prepared all you want, but if you lose your playmakers on a team that doesn't have depth you will be fighting an uphill battle. So saying that injuries don't play a large part in football is........ The Buckeyes had 8 starters out in the Carthage game last year. This year the Buckeyes have only one out. We'll see how that works out.

db1980
10-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Uuuuuhhh.......wanna bet? Maybe you can make it over and watch this game. Gilmer will be the MORE physical team Friday night. That I can guarantee you. Whether that will compute to a win remains to be seen.

And.......injuries DID play a large part last year, as it would with ANY team. That's the way football go. You can be prepared all you want, but if you lose your playmakers on a team that doesn't have depth you will be fighting an uphill battle. So saying that injuries don't play a large part in football is........ The Buckeyes had 8 starters out in the Carthage game last year. This year the Buckeyes have only one out. We'll see how that works out.

I have a buddy on the Carthage coaching staff. After Carthage's scrimmage with Whitehouse, one of his friends/coaches at Whitehouse told him Gilmer wasn't on the same level as Carthage as far as being physical. He said Carthage would manhandle Gilmer upfront. TAke that for what you want, but that is a nuetral coach that has seen both play against his team.

OF COURSE you say there was 8 starters out after you were beaten.

You prepare for injuries by playing your backups when you are up by 30 and the game is in hand. Not by leaving your starters on the field to go up by 50 and getting injured. That is the public opinion of Gilmer. If they win barely it is because they had players out, but when they win by 50 they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Carthage is young, but are gaining valuable experience in playing some tough non district games. If Gilmer wants to beat Carthage, this is the year to do it. But it won't be as easy as you might think. They are extremely physical and can control the LOS.

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a buddy on the Carthage coaching staff. After Carthage's scrimmage with Whitehouse, one of his friends/coaches at Whitehouse told him Gilmer wasn't on the same level as Carthage as far as being physical. He said Carthage would manhandle Gilmer upfront. TAke that for what you want, but that is a nuetral coach that has seen both play against his team.

OF COURSE you say there was 8 starters out after you were beaten.

You prepare for injuries by playing your backups when you are up by 30 and the game is in hand. Not by leaving your starters on the field to go up by 50 and getting injured. That is the public opinion of Gilmer. If they win barely it is because they had players out, but when they win by 50 they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Carthage is young, but are gaining valuable experience in playing some tough non district games. If Gilmer wants to beat Carthage, this is the year to do it. But it won't be as easy as you might think. They are extremely physical and can control the LOS.

Gilmer did have a ton of starters out last year..and that was known BEFORE the game

I have talked to 4 coaches who have seen both and all 4 say Gilmer SHOULD( always a scary word in football lol) win because of their experience and talent compared to Carthage...this is not the same Carthage of the last 3 years..they might be next year, but this year the Bulldogs are not the same

OldBison75
10-12-2011, 12:59 PM
There are many reasons why Gilmer should win this game, but, Carthage could care less what reason are given. The fact is that the Carthage offensive line is capable of taking control of the line of scrimmage and sustaining long, ball control drives. Plus, the defensive front seven are capable of forcing Gilmer to become a passing team, which is to their advantage.

That being said, Gilmer will give the Carthage defense fits if they can generate any effective running game. The Buckeyes on defense must control the corners to win this game.

My gut says that you never bet against Carthage when they play in big games, but this game could be a real treasure to watch.

I pick Gilmer by 7, and think that the youth of Carthage will make the one mistake that causes the score to lean toward the Buckeyes favor.

waterboy
10-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Gilmer did have a ton of starters out last year..and that was known BEFORE the game

I have talked to 4 coaches who have seen both and all 4 say Gilmer SHOULD( always a scary word in football lol) win because of their experience and talent compared to Carthage...this is not the same Carthage of the last 3 years..they might be next year, but this year the Bulldogs are not the same
Gilmer must've run the score up on whatever team db1980 supports. Yeah, that's what we do............NOT! Sounds like sour grapes to me. Same ol' whiney story........

I agree with you, TxB, that it was well-known that Gilmer had 8 starters out last year (no excuses, just FACT), and most of the people I've talked to that have seen both teams play have said the same thing that the coaches you spoke with did. I think Gilmer "should" beat Carthage, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will. Gilmer's defense has improved drastically since they scrimmaged Whitehouse, and I wouldn't put much stock in a scrimmage to begin with. I'm ready for some good ol' East Texas smashmouth football!

db1980
10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Gilmer must've run the score up on whatever team db1980 supports. Yeah, that's what we do............NOT! Sounds like sour grapes to me. Same ol' whiney story........

I agree with you, TxB, that it was well-known that Gilmer had 8 starters out last year (no excuses, just FACT), and most of the people I've talked to that have seen both teams play have said the same thing that the coaches you spoke with did. I think Gilmer "should" beat Carthage, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will. Gilmer's defense has improved drastically since they scrimmaged Whitehouse, and I wouldn't put much stock in a scrimmage to begin with. I'm ready for some good ol' East Texas smashmouth football!

Carthage and Joaquin. Gilmer has played one of them. Don't think Joaquin and Gilmer have ever played.

East Texas speed kills is all we have heard out of Gilmer on this board for a couple of years now. But what has been the common denominator on all 3 of Carthage's state championship teams??? Outstanding line play. They always manage to have a dominant physical line on both sides of the ball. Get ready, because that smashmouth game you are asking for is coming. It should be a treat to watch.

lostaussie
10-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Oh yea...........it's gettin good now:D

hollywood
10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Gilmer 2011 > Carthage 2011

Only chance Carthage has in beating Gilmer this season is if Gilmer beats themselves!

db1980
10-12-2011, 01:58 PM

Only chance Carthage has in beating Gilmer this season is if Gilmer beats themselves!

Already coming up with excuses???? LOL!!!

hollywood
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Already coming up with excuses???? LOL!!!

Oh no. You miss interpreted. There's a very slim chance that will happen. lol

waterboy
10-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Carthage and Joaquin. Gilmer has played one of them. Don't think Joaquin and Gilmer have ever played.

East Texas speed kills is all we have heard out of Gilmer on this board for a couple of years now. But what has been the common denominator on all 3 of Carthage's state championship teams??? Outstanding line play. They always manage to have a dominant physical line on both sides of the ball. Get ready, because that smashmouth game you are asking for is coming. It should be a treat to watch.
Maybe the Rams got spanked by Tenaha or somebody, I don't know, but the particular "reputation" you speak of is just a bunch of sour grapes from teams that couldn't compete. I watch every Buckeye game, and I can tell you right now it's hard to tell when the second and third stringers are in the game because they rotate so many players. If there are more than a couple of players still in the game late in a blowout, the reason is they are teaching the younger players what to do, or they don't have a complete change of players at those positions.

As for everybody harping on "East Texas speed" I joke around with the folks on here, but I've never been serious about any discrepancy of speed. The Buckeyes haven't had any substantial breakaway speed since '04, yet they continue to win. Could it be that they are well-coached? Hmmmm.....

Carthage has always had a huge and dominant line, so what else is new? Gilmer has had the same in years past. For a school with 200+ less students in their high school than Carthage, I'd say the Buckeyes have done quite well. The Buckeyes have been smaller and slower than almost every team they've faced the last two years, yet they still keep winning.

Hmmmmm......., I guess it all boils down to size of the dog in the fight, and not the fight in the dog, in some people's eyes......

I'm looking forward to Friday night either way!

db1980
10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Maybe the Rams got spanked by Tenaha or somebody, I don't know, but the particular "reputation" you speak of is just a bunch of sour grapes from teams that couldn't compete. I watch every Buckeye game, and I can tell you right now it's hard to tell when the second and third stringers are in the game because they rotate so many players. If there are more than a couple of players still in the game late in a blowout, the reason is they are teaching the younger players what to do, or they don't have a complete change of players at those positions.

As for everybody harping on "East Texas speed" I joke around with the folks on here, but I've never been serious about any discrepancy of speed. The Buckeyes haven't had any substantial breakaway speed since '04, yet they continue to win. Could it be that they are well-coached? Hmmmm.....

Carthage has always had a huge and dominant line, so what else is new? Gilmer has had the same in years past. For a school with 200+ less students in their high school than Carthage, I'd say the Buckeyes have done quite well. The Buckeyes have been smaller and slower than almost every team they've faced the last two years, yet they still keep winning.

Hmmmmm......., I guess it all boils down to size of the dog in the fight, and not the fight in the dog, in some people's eyes......

Cute little analogy about the fight in the dawg....heard it many times. It also helps when the bigger dawg can just physically whip the little dog too.

Dawgs 35-28.

...and yes, the Rams have been spanked a few times before.

waterboy
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Cute little analogy about the fight in the dawg....heard it many times. It also helps when the bigger dawg can just physically whip the little dog too.

Dawgs 35-28.

Carthage cannot and will not "physically whip" the Buckeyes. That's a pipe dream. They may have played better the last two meetings with superior TALENT, but they didn't "physically whip" anybody. That I can promise you. Carthage may beat the Buckeyes on any given night, but it WON'T be because they can "physically whip" anybody.

LIONS#1
10-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Gilmer will destroy Carthage mentally, physically and on the field This ain't yer year Dawgs..:twitch:..Gilmer 42 Carthage 21

hollywood
10-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Gilmer by 22!

OldNavy
10-12-2011, 11:16 PM

Gilmer must be Brownwood good then! :stirpot:

hollywood
10-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Gilmer must be Brownwood good then! :stirpot:

Haha, no, not yet. J/K Honestly, Gilmer is in a great position right now. With a win tomorrow night, they can use the momentum to carry them a long way this season.

garciap77
10-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Dawgs 35-28.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S COMING...Gilmer by 51!:D

db1980
10-13-2011, 02:49 PM
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S COMING...Gilmer by 51!:D

That's a Brownwood quote....FYI.

But Gilmer won't score 51, much less win by 51.

Pawdaddy
10-13-2011, 06:10 PM

Be careful what kind of posterboard material you put out there, you might end up seeing 51 before halftime.

buckeyebob
10-14-2011, 07:34 AM

Carthage wins 35-28

I say that even though you have the Buckeyes figured out, Luke will still shove it in yo' face...it will be interesting cause we have no passing game this year.

buckeyebob
10-14-2011, 07:36 AM
I thought everyone in Gilmer KNEW that speed kills!:thinking:

They do...don't forget...Carthrage is also East Texas

buckeyebob
10-14-2011, 07:47 AM

Just a small clarification...East Texas Speed Kills...all you got to do is look at East Teaxs Teams over the past years and who are the winners? Whoa rae in contention today? And it ain't just little Bobby and his fast self...it is the way we play football. Ever notice agood team playng an East Texas team & they have their hands on their hips in the 3rd and cramping in the 4th. I do not think you will see it tonight in Gilmer...you will see two fast teams playing serious East Texas Football...the kind you all will be proud of!

buckeyebob
10-14-2011, 07:51 AM

Don't ever say Gilmer won't...how about shouldn't cause they will make a liar out of you...after all, we run the score up on eveyone regardless of how good they are.

Chillfan
10-14-2011, 11:43 AM
I watched Gilmer play Gladewater and it was all Gilmer. Offensively Gwater couldnt do nothing. I left thinking that Gilmer would beat Carthage. At the same time, Gwater is really down and showed nothing IMO. I still give Gilmer the edge but I do know that Surratt is very cable of coming up with a game plan to stop Turner. Most of the Gilmers big plays come from a run from Turner. He passed the ball well and the running game was average. IMO, you shut down Turner and you have a chance to get a W. Carthages Dline and LB's will get after it and have the ability to really slow him down. Going to be a great game. I predict Gilmer wins but not by much. Wish I could make it.

OldBison75
10-14-2011, 04:38 PM
How bad is parking in Gilmer??? Thinking of coming over from Shreveport to watch tonight.

garciap77
10-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Score?

buckeyebob
10-14-2011, 11:25 PM
39 to 36 Buckeyes...long , hard battle between two well matched teams...Buckeyes pulled it out with 9 seconds to go ahead with the field goal...I am wore out.

ccmom
10-14-2011, 11:38 PM
39 to 36 Buckeyes...long , hard battle between two well matched teams...Buckeyes pulled it out with 9 seconds to go ahead with the field goal...I am wore out.Wow! What a game! Congrats to the poison nuts!!!!

Pawdaddy
10-15-2011, 12:12 AM
It will take a very good high school football game to beat this one. Carthage will be around at playoff time and will threaten even the best of the state. Gilmer will too and either could go farther than any prognosticator would guarantee. The word is that Turner is out for next week but could return for Henderson. Either way, Gilmer is good for the playoffs with Traylor at QB. He led a drive to win the game that was very impressive. Come on Henderson!

oldtownag
10-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Congrats to the Buckeyes. You finally got over the hump.

Here are my observations from the game:

1. Luke Turner is a beast. He gets 3 yards after contact, every time. I sure hope that he is ok.

2. Carthage is on the cusp of being good. Our Soph. QB (Bogenschutz) played his best game of the year.

3. A few mental mistakes cost us big.

4. Traylor came in under a ton of pressure and preformed!

5. Gilmer is a great team.

5. There is a very good chance these teams meet again down the road.

buckeyebob
10-15-2011, 06:26 AM
I watched Gilmer play Gladewater and it was all Gilmer. Offensively Gwater couldnt do nothing. I left thinking that Gilmer would beat Carthage. At the same time, Gwater is really down and showed nothing IMO. I still give Gilmer the edge but I do know that Surratt is very cable of coming up with a game plan to stop Turner. Most of the Gilmers big plays come from a run from Turner. He passed the ball well and the running game was average. IMO, you shut down Turner and you have a chance to get a W. Carthages Dline and LB's will get after it and have the ability to really slow him down. Going to be a great game. I predict Gilmer wins but not by much. Wish I could make it.

Having Luke out of the game was a real Uh Oh...then Jordan stepped in & I was proud of him. It was a greta game but a little close for comfort.

buckeyebob
10-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Congrats to the Buckeyes. You finally got over the hump.

Here are my observations from the game:

1. Luke Turner is a beast. He gets 3 yards after contact, every time. I sure hope that he is ok.

2. Carthage is on the cusp of being good. Our Soph. QB (Bogenschutz) played his best game of the year.

3. A few mental mistakes cost us big.

4. Traylor came in under a ton of pressure and preformed!

5. Gilmer is a great team.

5. There is a very good chance these teams meet again down the road.

Thanks for the love...I would like to see the Bulldogs again later on...Carthage was exactly as expected...smash mouth, run you to death, beat you up, pull rabbits out of the hat, and unleash a bevey of men on you (Pope - how does he catch those things).

cowboyandchrist
10-15-2011, 06:55 AM
After the Chapell Hill game and now the Gilmer game. I say the Dawgs will be a force in the playoffs, they will be the under dogs in the playoffs. They start 7 sophmores, with one of them being the QB, they are growing by leaps and bounds every game they play. They should have beat Gilmer last night, they did not score right before the half when they were inside the 5 yard line and they had a 58 yard TD called back. It boiled down to Gilmer has the veterns and Carthage has the younsters. 3A will see a monster next year coming out of Carthage. Gilmer(as long as Turner can play) and Henderson will be very hard to beat in the playoffs. 16 3A is the district of doom, if you make it out healthy, you have a shot at the state championship. God Bless to all.

hollywood
10-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Sounds like it was a battle to the bitter end! Congrats to Gilmer and best of luck to both on the rest of the season.

Both teams should have deap playoff runs this year. But it's not a guarantee to state. There are some really good teams around the state and not just in the "district of doom".

Wimberley and Coldspring are playing real good right now.
Argyle, Alvarado, Prosper, and Celina are others to keep your eyes on.

db1980
10-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Don't ever say Gilmer won't...how about shouldn't cause they will make a liar out of you...after all, we run the score up on eveyone regardless of how good they are.

Gilmer didn't score 51. they did win however. Congrats to the Buckeyes and Good luck the rest of the way.

db1980
10-17-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the love...I would like to see the Bulldogs again later on...Carthage was exactly as expected...smash mouth, run you to death, beat you up, pull rabbits out of the hat, and unleash a bevey of men on you (Pope - how does he catch those things).

You should have seen the catches he made against Chapel Hill. they were sick catches. I missed the game, but it sounded just like I thought it would play out, except for the score. congrats the the Bux.