PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs. Columbus

sTxforlife
10-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Sealy comes off a 36-27 win over Stafford and Columbus comes off a 42-0 thrashing from Bellville. Should be a good game. Who ya got?

trojandad
10-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Sealy comes off a 36-27 win over Stafford and Columbus comes off a 42-0 thrashing from Bellville. Should be a good game. Who ya got?

im missin how it should be a good game...maybe you were being polite and i should shutup....sorry

ExScoop
10-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Here are the past scores between the two teams-There has to be a lot missing-Seems like they would have played them more
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1569&B=1525&REC=5-1-0&S=

Manso/V8
10-08-2011, 02:46 PM

Sealy is certainly the favorite in this game.......but by what margin? I was surprised by the Sealy-Stafford score.
Did Sealy change things up or is Stafford that much better this year?

sTxforlife
10-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Sealy is certainly the favorite in this game.......but by what margin? I was surprised by the Sealy-Stafford score.
Did Sealy change things up or is Stafford that much better this year?
Sealy had alot of mental errors that led to Stafford scores, Stafford is alot better this year than what they have been in the past though

Manso/V8
10-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Sealy had alot of mental errors that led to Stafford scores, Stafford is alot better this year than what they have been in the past though

Do you think there is much of a chance Stafford will earn a playoff spot?

sTxforlife
10-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Do you think there is much of a chance Stafford will earn a playoff spot?
There is an outside chance that they could make it in, they play hard and are very fast, with brookshire looking to be very down this year i think it will be decided when columbus and stafford play each other as to who is the 3rd representative.

Manso/V8
10-08-2011, 04:20 PM
There is an outside chance that they could make it in, they play hard and are very fast, with brookshire looking to be very down this year i think it will be decided when columbus and stafford play each other as to who is the 3rd representative.

How does Stafford's enrollment compare to Sealy's?

sTxforlife
10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
How does Stafford's enrollment compare to Sealy's?
We had 750 they have almost 900

Manso/V8
10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
I think Sealy and Columbus will both correct mental errors that hurt them in Week 6 games.
Sealy takes this one 27-14.

zebrablue2
10-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Tigers by 30 +...

duckhunter
10-09-2011, 11:11 AM
If Apple plays this week it will open up the run game up the middle for C-town a little bit.....if he doesnt play they lose big. If he does play they lose not so big. Columbus should consider themselves lucky they are in the district they are in.....beat Royal and Stafford and they still make playoffs

Bull's-eye
10-09-2011, 11:33 AM
For a team that just lost 42-0, Columbus didn't look all that bad. Their #3 is a very dangerous runner, I'm a little baffled that they didn't run him a lot more. They also have a tall athletic receiver (I think #8) that should be able to cause some problems for the opposing defenses. On defense, Columbus seemed to be content on taking away the outside, but exposed the middle of their defense. Bellville's FB rushed for like 160 yards in the first half, Columbus did make some 2nd half adjustments to fix that problem. If Columbus plays like the did in the Smithville game & Sealy plays like they did vs Stafford, this might be a close game. Columbus could also catch Sealy looking forward to the Bellville game & the Tigers do have the distraction of the county fair.

sTxforlife
10-09-2011, 12:17 PM
For a team that just lost 42-0, Columbus didn't look all that bad. Their #3 is a very dangerous runner, I'm a little baffled that they didn't run him a lot more. They also have a tall athletic receiver (I think #8) that should be able to cause some problems for the opposing defenses. On defense, Columbus seemed to be content on taking away the outside, but exposed the middle of their defense. Bellville's FB rushed for like 160 yards in the first half, Columbus did make some 2nd half adjustments to fix that problem. If Columbus plays like the did in the Smithville game & Sealy plays like they did vs Stafford, this might be a close game. Columbus could also catch Sealy looking forward to the Bellville game & the Tigers do have the distraction of the county fair.
Very true, coach mitchell does a good job at minimizing these distractions so i dont think that will affect the tigers much, i hope the tigers arent looking forward because if so this could be a very dangerous game. With that said I think the Tigers take care of business this week.

Bull's-eye
10-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm going with Sealy by 17.

Manso/V8
10-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Their #3 is a very dangerous runner, I'm a little baffled that they didn't run him a lot more. They also have a tall athletic receiver (I think #8) that should be able to cause some problems for the opposing defenses. On defense, Columbus seemed to be content on taking away the outside, but exposed the middle of their defense.

I think in the Bellville game Columbus was keying on #4 and #7 in the first half and got burned by by the FB.

#3 was impressive and probably one of the faster kids on the field friday. #8 is dangerous if they can get the ball to him. Columbus's starting FB/MLB #48 (Appelt) was out with an injury. I hear from Columbus folks he probably won't be back for the Sealy game.....we'll see, but if he is back healthy, it will help the Cards. Either way, Sealy takes this one.

nexfan
10-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Stafford is alot better this year than what they have been in the past though[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with this comment. They kinda seemed like the same Stafford of old when we played them the week before Sealy did. Columbia out gained Stafford 439 to 157 and the spartans didn't even attempt a single pass. It must have been an off night for Sealy. Columbia's defense is pretty good but for Sealy to let them score 27 makes me go huh??

Red Bull
10-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Sealy will crush Columbus. I say 49-14.

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I have to disagree with this comment. They kinda seemed like the same Stafford of old when we played them the week before Sealy did. Columbia out gained Stafford 439 to 157 and the spartans didn't even attempt a single pass. It must have been an off night for Sealy. Columbia's defense is pretty good but for Sealy to let them score 27 makes me go huh??

+1

WC dominated Stafford 38-0. Giving up 27 to Stafford seems strange.

Then again, WC shut out LG 29-0 and Sealy gave up a couple scores to Lg also. So, maybe Sealy just doesn't have much of a defense, which would also explain CL going off on Sealy's D.

hookandladder
10-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Sealy will crush Columbus. I say 49-14.

Agree, Seals-Jones and Davis will have a field day.

Manso/V8
10-10-2011, 02:20 PM
+1

WC dominated Stafford 38-0. Giving up 27 to Stafford seems strange.

Then again, WC shut out LG 29-0 and Sealy gave up a couple scores to Lg also. So, maybe Sealy just doesn't have much of a defense, which would also explain CL going off on Sealy's D.

There is a lot of talk about how great Sealy is this year. They do have a some great athletes that are tough to stop on offense. I haven't seen them play yet, but I suspect that their defense weaker than the offense. A couple of great athletes can't stop a whole team. They have played some good/great teams, and some weaker teams.

Kashmere put up 7 pts
St. Pius X put up 25 pts
Canyon Lake put up 34 pts
La Grange put up 16 pts
Wimberley put up 28 pts
Needville put up 6 pts
Stafford put up 27 pts

I say Sealy gets the win, but it will be a closer than some think.
I am going to say 33-25.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I believe Kashmere scored 20, at least according to the Chronicle.

sTxforlife
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I believe Kashmere scored 20, at least according to the Chronicle.
yea the score was 42-20

Manso/V8
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
yea the score was 42-20

Ouch.....my bad!
So what's the deal, how come teams like Kashmere, St. Pius X, La Grange, and Stafford put up relatively similar numbers against Sealy as highly touted offensive teams like Wimberley and Canyon Lake? Are Wimberley and Canyon Lake over rated? Or do penalties/TO's, is there a mental let down against perceived weaker teams, or does Mitchell sub in more on defense for games he feels that Sealy has control? The offense seems relatively consistent with the number of points they put up each game as well.

sTxforlife
10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Ouch.....my bad!
So what's the deal, how come teams like Kashmere, St. Pius X, La Grange, and Stafford put up relatively similar numbers against Sealy as highly touted offensive teams like Wimberley and Canyon Lake? Are Wimberley and Canyon Lake over rated? Or do penalties/TO's, is there a mental let down against perceived weaker teams, or does Mitchell sub in more on defense for games he feels that Sealy has control? The offense seems relatively consistent with the number of points they put up each game as well.
i think it is a combination of all of them

Sportshack
10-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Ouch.....my bad!

Canyon lake's running back ran for almost 300 yds against Sealy. Their offensive line flat out dominated Sealy after 1st series. It was mostly methodical, long drives as opposed to explosive plays. Canyon lake's RB Henshaw also had around 287 against Navarro. Wimberley game was playoff atmosphere and Tigers definitely amped on home field. Wimberley offensive line not as sound as CL IMHO and passing game a bit off. Missed on three deep passes where receiver behind Sealy defense. I think WHS could be a little overated due to o-line still in learning process. New group for most part. I feel the Canyon Lake game an example that Sealy defense is also in growth process. CL put up 38 on Sealy. Final score was 38 to 34. Sealy offense seems to be getting better. They passed horribly against CL missing several wide open receivers, but threw quite a bit better against Wimberley two weeks later. Several important 3rd down conversions via the pass against WHS.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
From reading these posts & viewing the stats, offensive ball control & keeping the potent Sealy offensive off the field would be an excellent game plan. I don't know if the Cardinals have the O-line, but I would give the Tigers a big dose of #3. He looked like he could take it to the house on any play.

gambler1606
10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm going with Sealy by 17.

You mean 47!!

Bull's-eye
10-11-2011, 09:12 PM
You mean 47!! No, just 17. Sealy has been giving up too many points on defense. If Stafford can score 27, Columbus may go for over 30.

buff4ever
10-12-2011, 10:06 AM
other than playing well against wimberley, sealy hasn't impressed me much this year. They should win this game by atleast 21, if they don't they just match up well with wimberley, and will lose badly to bellville.

garciap77
10-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Sealy by 63!

StangEm
10-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Tigers by 24

teetle
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Cardinal cants bes underestimated. Theys plays hard. Withs thats being said, The Tigers will beat the craps out of thems. Jimmie, he gots something fors thems. Jimmie he got something for everybodys. Bys this times you woulds thinks that theys w0uld to learn to like its. Jimmie knowd shats he be doing. Tigers bys ases muches ases Jimmie he be wanting.:eek::twitch::twitch::twitch:

Bull's-eye
10-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Where is this game being played? The Chronicle said Sealy, but I think that could be wrong.

buff4ever
10-13-2011, 01:46 PM
If Sealy doesn't win this game, then I don't even know what to say. jimmie would need to get some new something or something.

teetle
10-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Jimmie, he be having somethings new each week for who he be pplaying. He that way. He donts discriminate againsts anyones. He be having what theys donts wants.:ack!::ack!::twitch:

sTxforlife
10-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Where is this game being played? The Chronicle said Sealy, but I think that could be wrong.
Its in Columbus

Manso/V8
10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Its in Columbus

Bellville has a bye this week, so I expect you will see plenty of amatuer scouts there.
I wonder what side they will sit on?

Bull's-eye
10-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Bellville has a bye this week, so I expect you will see plenty of amatuer scouts there.
I wonder what side they will sit on?

You might also see a few coaches getting a first hand look at their next opponent. If you want to sit near the 50, probably have to be on the visitor side. Will Bellville fans sit on the Sealy side??

Tejastrue
10-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Good luck this week Sealy...:clap:

sTxforlife
10-14-2011, 12:45 AM
You might also see a few coaches getting a first hand look at their next opponent. If you want to sit near the 50, probably have to be on the visitor side. Will Bellville fans sit on the Sealy side??
I would sure hope they're smarter than that

rancher
10-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Sealy 7 Columbus 7 1st

Tiger Dad
10-14-2011, 11:53 PM
52-27 Sealy

wimbo_pro
10-15-2011, 12:25 AM
wow...solid win.

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 05:41 AM
I found out halftime score was 35-7 at halftime. Looks like Sealy just dominated the Cards-Wish I didn't have to cover the Yorktown at Louise game next Friday- Wouild rather be at the Sealy-Bellville game