PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2011, 12:07 PM
The La Grange Leopards make their first visit to Rattler Stadium in this district 23-3A matchup. As district got into full swing, so did the Leopard offense. The Rattlers have looked very impressive thus far. Can the Leopards round up the Rattlers?

La Grange Leopards 1-5 (0-1)

26-Aug @Lockhart L 34-9
02-Sep @Yoakum W 6-0
09-Sep Columbia L 29-0
16-Sep Sealy L 35-16
30-Sep @Bellville L 48-3
07-Oct Giddings* L 38-35

Navasota Rattlers 5-1 (1-0)

26-Aug @Madisonville W 40-7
02-Sep @Willis L 35-28
09-Sep Rudder W 31-7
16-Sep @Cameron Yoe W 42-21
30-Sep Wharton W 54-0
07-Oct Rockdale* W 53-14

Pudlugger
10-08-2011, 01:06 PM
No question about it the Rattlers are awesome. The Leps will need a miracle to hang with them. Even with the lift they got from almost winning against Giddings they will need more horses to pull their wagon past Navasota.:eek: I look for the miracle. Leps by 3.:stirpot:

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Miracles do happen. But, not this week.

Navasota by 35

Bull's-eye
10-08-2011, 01:57 PM
LG has played some good teams (WC, Sealy, Bellville, Giddings), but Navasota may be the best team that the Leps will play all season. Rattlers have too many athletes compared to what was on the field for LG, Rattlers run away with this game 49-14.

ExScoop
10-08-2011, 02:09 PM
If Navasota put 55 on Wharton-they'll put at least 30 on LaGrange

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 08:43 AM
ttt.

trojandad
10-09-2011, 08:58 AM
lagrange's defense has showed up at times this year, it seems its been their offense that has disappeared..i think this will be a good game for navasota to sharpen up on, maybe to a snaller extent like the willis game was....looks like lagranges offense is gettin better tho....good luck to both.....

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 09:10 AM
lagrange's defense has showed up at times this year, it seems its been their offense that has disappeared..i think this will be a good game for navasota to sharpen up on, maybe to a snaller extent like the willis game was....looks like lagranges offense is gettin better tho....good luck to both.....

Hey, you could be right, but, I just don't see La Grange staying close in this one.

Smithville may be the team to watch. If my reports about the Tigers are correct, they will gave Navasota a good battle in 3 weeks @ Rattler Stadium.

trojandad
10-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey, you could be right, but, I just don't see La Grange staying close in this one.

Smithville may be the team to watch. If my reports about the Tigers are correct, they will gave Navasota a good battle in 3 weeks @ Rattler Stadium.

the same week we play huffman....thought wed see you for CS/HFFMN II...lol

your probably right about lagrange, but i always worry about a team that cant find barely one score/game for so long then find a way to put 30 there....i still think you guys win, but like arsenio used to say, things that make one go HMMMMMMMMMMM......

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 09:30 AM
the same week we play huffman....thought wed see you for CS/HFFMN II...lol

your probably right about lagrange, but i always worry about a team that cant find barely one score/game for so long then find a way to put 30 there....i still think you guys win, but like arsenio used to say, things that make one go HMMMMMMMMMMM......

I was hoping to catch that game... But, with the surprise play of Smithville this year, my gut feeling is telling me that this may Navasota's toughest district game.

I've read where Giddings didn't play good defense against La Grange. Maybe they were surprised by the instillation of the spread. What I can say is that Navasota has played good defense all year minus the first half of the Willis game. Willis is a good 4A team and I don't see La Grange being in the same league as them to challenge the Rattlers.
Good defense and now the offense has picked up for the Rattlers. This years team may very well be better than lasts year team.. They are playing as one unit...

trojandad
10-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I was hoping to catch that game... But, with the surprise play of Smithville this year, my gut feeling is telling me that this may Navasota's toughest district game.

I've read where Giddings didn't play good defense against La Grange. Maybe they were surprised by the instillation of the spread. What I can say is that Navasota has played good defense all year minus the first half of the Willis game. Willis is a good 4A team and I don't see La Grange being in the same league as them to challenge the Rattlers.
Good defense and now the offense has picked up for the Rattlers. This years team may very well be better than lasts year team.. They are playing as one unit...

both of them should be good games this year....i look forward to seeing how much difference gilbert makes at the other cb against them....

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 09:36 AM
both of them should be good games this year....i look forward to seeing how much difference gilbert makes at the other cb against them....

I probably will not go to Caldwell on the 21st. Who do you guys play?

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Nevermind, I see that you guys are off that week.

zebrablue2
Rattlers by 3 tds!!!

trojandad

were idle that week, we have our county fair then and barbay lets them take time off....plus we have a week to get ready foor huffman the following week....

huffman plays in cleveland that week tho, were getting as many of the huffman fans to make the short drive from cleveland to come ride some rides and eat some of our black church's bbq....you'll hurt yourself if you do....lol

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 09:45 AM
were idle that week, we have our county fair then and barbay lets them take time off....plus we have a week to get ready foor huffman the following week....

huffman plays in cleveland that week tho, were getting as many of the huffman fans to make the short drive from cleveland to come ride some rides and eat some of our black church's bbq....you'll hurt yourself if you do....lol

I don't think Huffman will challenge Coldspring. Then again, I was wrong about the Falcons last year.

trojandad
10-09-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't think Huffman will challenge Coldspring. Then again, I was wrong about the Falcons last year.

we both were...remember how we both walkd from that game thinking maybe we were overestimating us?.....7 games later were sitting in jj's house...so much for what i know, huh? lol

Manso/V8
10-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Congrats to the Leps for turning it around for a great game against Giddings after a big loss to Bellville.
Big rivalries and the start of district can certainly change things. Navasota has many athletes and are well coached. The Leps will put a good fight, but in the end it the Rattlers should prevail by 14+ points......how a big of a plus, I don't know......I don't like to predict blowouts.

Smithville is a team to watch. They have some good, hard-hitting football players coming up that have consistently hung losses on strong sub-varsity teams in recent years. Impressive how the Tigers have pulled it together despite the distractions of the wildfires in their community.......situations like that can pull a team together for great season
and sports can be a big positive in an otherwise negative year. The Tigers will make the playoffs, likely second in district behind Navasota......but the games still need to played!

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Congrats to the Leps for turning it around for a great game against Giddings after a big loss to Bellville.
Big rivalries and the start of district can certainly change things. Navasota has many athletes and are well coached. The Leps will put a good fight, but in the end it the Rattlers should prevail by 14+ points......how a big of a plus, I don't know......I don't like to predict blowouts.

Smithville is a team to watch. They have some good, hard-hitting football players coming up that have consistently hung losses on strong sub-varsity teams in recent years. Impressive how the Tigers have pulled it together despite the distractions of the wildfires in their community.......situations like that can pull a team together for great season
and sports can be a big positive in an otherwise negative year. The Tigers will make the playoffs, likely second in district behind Navasota......but the games still need to played!

I am truely excited and happy for Smithville. I can't wait for the Tigers to come to Grimes County.. Who knows, maybe this game will be for the dc.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 10:11 AM
we both were...remember how we both walkd from that game thinking maybe we were overestimating us?.....7 games later were sitting in jj's house...so much for what i know, huh? lol

Yeah, Coldspring really turned it on in the playoffs.

duckhunter
10-09-2011, 11:07 AM
The Leps used up all their ammunition against Giddings.....I'll take them rattlers by 21+.....La Grange is too slow

Pudlugger
10-09-2011, 12:06 PM
La Grange has enough speed. What they have lacked until recently was a coherent game plan, and an efficient consistent offense. They have made some progress on these issues and may surprise some folks before the season is through. They have nothing to lose Friday as everyone expects the Rattlers to blow them out. Go Leps.

duckhunter
10-09-2011, 01:31 PM
La Grange has enough speed. .

not enough to hang with Navasota.....I'm talking in the line.....La Grange's big slow line will be the hurting point this week. Navasota has boys that are big and fast that will terrorize the leps.....I'm prediciting at least 5 sacks

hookandladder
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM

If you are that worried about Smithville , your team will not be playing to long in the playoffs. Smithville will not beat Giddings, Who is the best team Smithville has beaten. Would that be Columbus , that they beat by 7 points. Giddings would roll Columbus, Navasota and Giddings are the top teams in our District and the reat of us will battle it out for 3rd.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
If you are that worried about Smithville , your team will not be playing to long in the playoffs. Smithville will not beat Giddings, Who is the best team Smithville has beaten. Would that be Columbus , that they beat by 7 points. Giddings would roll Columbus, Navasota and Giddings are the top teams in our District and the reat of us will battle it out for 3rd.

Hey, that's why we play the game. I'm not that worried about Smithville, but, La Grange and Rockdale should be.

When I say that Smithville will be the team to watch, I am speaking of a district championship.. When La Grange finally play Smithville, give me your opinion on where the Tigers stand in D23.

hookandladder
10-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey, that's why we play the game. I'm not that worried about Smithville, but, La Grange and Rockdale should be.

When I say that Smithville will be the team to watch, I am speaking of a district championship.. When La Grange finally play Smithville, give me your opinion on where the Tigers stand in D23.

You better be worried about Giddings , what game did you see Smithville play this year that has you all worried about them.

hookandladder
10-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Miracles do happen. But, not this week.

Navasota by 35

Damn, do you think you are 35 points better then Giddings or do you think La Grange just played above their heads last week.

YTBulldogs
10-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Rattlers wins by 2 or 3 Tds, it is District time.

jrhernandez7
10-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I would say Navasota wins 35-14. it really matters what LG team shows up. if last week leps team show up it could be a little closer but if they don't it could be nasty.a LG loss would put them in a big 0-2 whole and if smithville finds a way to sneak past rockdale Friday LG would have to win out 3 straight to make the playoffs. LG is rooting for the blue tigers this week big time.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Damn, do you think you are 35 points better then Giddings or do you think La Grange just played above their heads last week.

Hook, you should know that its about the matchups. Navasota is clearly the better team. You will see come Friday. :)

Let me put it this way, La Grange will not come close to beating Navasota. And as far as Smithville goes, its called scouting. Smithville is going to run La Grange in the ground. Giddings better be careful too after allowing La Grange to score so many points on them.

hookandladder
10-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Hook, you should know that its about the matchups. Navasota is clearly the better team. You will see come Friday. :)

Let me put it this way, La Grange will not come close to beating Navasota. And as far as Smithville goes, its called scouting. Smithville is going to run La Grange in the ground. Giddings better be careful too after allowing La Grange to score so many points on them.

Yes, your scouting is fire proof.What was your prediction last week with our game with Giddings, pretty sure you had Giddings in a blow out. I have never said we are coming to Navasota and expect to beat you at your place, we hope to play well. AS for as being 0-2 starting District and saying we are in a big hole is just stupid, I would bet good money that any other team in our District would be 0-2 after playing Giddings and you guys. That comment is directed at JH poster, it is not how you arrive it is how you finish and Smithville has to go thru Navasota and Giddings and then they meet us and being healthy will be the big factor. I would rather face the top 2 teams early and then get on a roll, Rockdale is also a team to factor into the playoffs so after next week it will get interesting.I am interested in your opinion of the Smithville-Columbus game at Smithville, Yoakum beat Columbus and Smithville beat Columbus by a TD. Did Smithville just have that bad of a night or is Columbus that good.Give us your scouting report.

hookandladder
10-09-2011, 07:32 PM

Also I understand all about matchups , just about every team we play and not only this year has way more talent and skilled players then we do. It has been that way for many years, when we won State in 2000 we did not have any athlete's that compared to the Marlin and Forney athlete's. We must play with heart,desire and play fundamental football are we do not stand a chance, we have very little speed. This years team is no different, we played bad against Bellville and we played harder and smarter against Giddings. That is the bottom line.

jrhernandez7
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Smithville did have a off nights against Columbus. the tigers where coming off a bye week an was playin just its 2nd game in 4weeks before an loss a week of practice as that was the cards 6th straight game. a
and it showed!! 5 fumbles loosing 2 an 100 yards in penalties.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Also I understand all about matchups , just about every team we play and not only this year has way more talent and skilled players then we do. It has been that way for many years, when we won State in 2000 we did not have any athlete's that compared to the Marlin and Forney athlete's. We must play with heart,desire and play fundamental football are we do not stand a chance, we have very little speed. This years team is no different, we played bad against Bellville and we played harder and smarter against Giddings. That is the bottom line.

Blaa blaa blaaa....

Good Luck..

Go SNAKES!

OldBison75
10-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Navasota should win this week and probably will by at least 14 points. What makes this Rattler team special is the amount of weapons they can call on. At least five receivers have the ability to be starters on most any team in the state, they have three really good running backs that each possess above average speed. Defensively, they are fast and strong on the front seven. There are six different guys that have played linebacker and there is very little difference in quality, and that position is stronger than they have been in long time.

As for the Smithville question, because of the ability they have shown to dominate ball possession and finish drives, they are a very dangerous team. A little momentum coupled with this team coming together after the wildfires has made them very hungry. I don't know that they will make the playoffs, but if they win this week, watch out. If any team thinks that they will roll over Smithville like has happened in the past, they may go home with their tails tucked between their legs.

hookandladder
10-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Navasota should win this week and probably will by at least 14 points. What makes this Rattler team special is the amount of weapons they can call on. At least five receivers have the ability to be starters on most any team in the state, they have three really good running backs that each possess above average speed. Defensively, they are fast and strong on the front seven. There are six different guys that have played linebacker and there is very little difference in quality, and that position is stronger than they have been in long time.

As for the Smithville question, because of the ability they have shown to dominate ball possession and finish drives, they are a very dangerous team. A little momentum coupled with this team coming together after the wildfires has made them very hungry. I don't know that they will make the playoffs, but if they win this week, watch out. If any team thinks that they will roll over Smithville like has happened in the past, they may go home with their tails tucked between their legs.

If our top teams in our District struggle to beat Smithville, look for early exits in the playoffs for our District. I just do not see how Smithville can become this power house team from what they showed last year, are they better then last year yes but a force in the playoffs no. They have not beat or even played one decent 3A team, if they beat Giddings or Navasota I will then give them credit. If they would have played our pre season schedule and be undefeated , I would be a believer. Tell me who is the best team they have beat,Wharton,Needville,Columbus,Lexington,Caldwell , what are those teams combined record. Make a believer out of me,just see bad competition. Lexington , which is 2A is most likely the best team they have beat, how do you think those teams are compared to Lockhart,Columbia,Sealy,Bellville and Giddings.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2011, 08:31 PM
If our top teams in our District struggle to beat Smithville, look for early exits in the playoffs for our District. I just do not see how Smithville can become this power house team from what they showed last year, are they better then last year yes but a force in the playoffs no. They have not beat or even played one decent 3A team, if they beat Giddings or Navasota I will then give them credit. If they would have played our pre season schedule and be undefeated , I would be a believer. Tell me who is the best team they have beat,Wharton,Needville,Columbus,Lexington,Caldwell , what are those teams combined record. Make a believer out of me,just see bad competition. Lexington , which is 2A is most likely the best team they have beat, how do you think those teams are compared to Lockhart,Columbia,Sealy,Bellville and Giddings.

Those are all good questions. La Grange has played the tougher schedule. What Smithville is doing this year, besides their first game against Lexington and the close game against Columbus, is putting up points. They are beating the teams that they should beat very convincingly. Ok, the game against Columbus was close, but, Columbus has a good program. Sure they are down this year, but, like La Grange, they have shown in the past that they can win.

What is scary about Smithville is their offense. They can score. True, they haven't played the toughest of schedules, but, what they do have is confidence. In high school sports, confidense goes a long way. Is Smithville good enough to beat Navasota or Giddings, right now, I am going to say no. But, anything is possible. I can say that I am so glad that Smithville will be playing at Rattler Stadium this year.

Before district started, I had Navasota, Giddings, and Rockdale making the playoffs. However, after seeing Rockdale this past week, I honestly think that the 3rd spot is up for grabs. La Grange played well against Giddings, however, Smithville has played pretty well all year. Back in 2007, I remember how Navasota got no respect because we weren't perrenials and the year before we didn't do so well. Only Navasota believed in Navasota. That year, we lost to Liberty Hill in the quarter finals. With that said, maybe this is Smithville's year.

OldBison75
10-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Hook, I am not sold that Smithville will be a force in the playoffs, and I said that I was not even sure they make the playoffs. My point is that they believe in themselves right now and that little bit of confidence can be very dangerous for teams playing them. You are correct, they have not had a tough schedule, but, they have shown more grit and consistency than anybody expected. I am telling everybody in the district that if you under rate the Tigers, they can get on a roll and upset somebody.

As for this week, LaGrange needs to show an effective running game or the Rattler front four will be teeing off on the QB. With the size and speed of the defensive line of the Rattlers, that can make for a very long night.

hookandladder
10-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Hook, I am not sold that Smithville will be a force in the playoffs, and I said that I was not even sure they make the playoffs. My point is that they believe in themselves right now and that little bit of confidence can be very dangerous for teams playing them. You are correct, they have not had a tough schedule, but, they have shown more grit and consistency than anybody expected. I am telling everybody in the district that if you under rate the Tigers, they can get on a roll and upset somebody.

As for this week, LaGrange needs to show an effective running game or the Rattler front four will be teeing off on the QB. With the size and speed of the defensive line of the Rattlers, that can make for a very long night.

We have been trying to find a running game all year, it has not shown up. Weather we like it or not , our passing game is the only thing that can help our running game. We have to be able to pass first to try and open the running game, we just do not have the RBs to pound the ball. We know all to well from last year about not having a running game against you guys, our QB will have to get rid of the ball quick and have some receivers step up.Our QB played some select baseball with some of the Rattlers football players, maybe they will take it is on my boy. It's just amazing the athlete's you and Giddings put on the field year after year, we need to borrow a couple of them skilled players. WE will come to play with confidence from last week, we know the odds are stacked against as it is each week but anything is possible with the way the football bounces. Looking forward to the trip to Navasota on Friday, LG Motorhome tailgate party will be setup at 5:30 in parking lot. Hope for injury free game for both teams.

Pudlugger
10-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Forget Smithville for now. The Leps are better than their record and they will come to play Friday. Go Leps.

87 TIGER
10-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Pulling for the upset in this one , but I'm afraid Navasota is just too atheletic all around. Navasota by 21+ sorry pud but The Rattlers are GOOD

HEMOTOXIC
10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
ttt.

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
ttt.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Navasota's speed on offense will dominate the Lep's defense. Bellville had 3 long scores against La Grange's defense, a group that wasn't very big & lacked overall team speed. The Rattlers have more athletes, which will be an unfavorable matchup for the Leps. LG will be in trouble if this game becomes a track meet.

Pudlugger
10-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Not much interest in this game on the board. The Leps are down and Navasota is rolling so the expectation is for a blow out by the Rattlers. Hope the Leps practice hard this week and work on their kick off coverage. Get that down tight and they might just be ready for 48 minutes of good football.

Pudlugger
10-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Navasota's speed on offense will dominate the Lep's defense. Bellville had 3 long scores against La Grange's defense, a group that wasn't very big & lacked overall team speed. The Rattlers have more athletes, which will be an unfavorable matchup for the Leps. LG will be in trouble if this game becomes a track meet.

I just want to point out that our all district defensive tackle #75(6'4" 275) and our starting mlb #11 and safety #7 sat out the first half of that Bellville game due to some petty disciplinary action which was an over reaction and hurt the entire team. Those are three of our best defensive players and represent a big chunk of our size and speed. I don't think it will prove accurate to judge the Leps by the Bellville game. It was a disaster in so many ways. I don't think we'll see the Leps so emotionally down again this year. Judging from what they showed against Giddings coming back from a 21 point deficit in the second quarter to almost pull off the upset I'd say the Leps are getting their act together just in time. Hopefully the coaches will have them ready by Friday.

duckhunter
10-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I've never read so many excuses in my life. Get over it Lep fans.....

Pudlugger
10-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I've never read so many excuses in my life. Get over it Lep fans.....

It's not an excuse. If you have read my posts on this game you would know I made no excuses and have given credit where it is due. However, this was a response to what Bull's-Eye posted regarding our lack of size and speed. I was stating a fact, that much of our size and speed was on the bench against Bellville. And I am over it. Go Leps.

Manso/V8
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
our all district defensive tackle #75(6'4" 275) and our starting mlb #11 and safety #7 sat out the first half of that Bellville game due to some petty disciplinary action which was an over reaction and hurt the entire team. Those are three of our best defensive players and represent a big chunk of our size and speed.

That makes sense. Did #75 go both ways against Giddings? I was under the impression he played OT only.

Glad to hear the Leps are moving in the right direction.

gambler1606
10-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Nasty by 150!!!!!!!

Bull's-eye
10-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I don't recall seeing a player weighing 275 lbs playing defense for LG. I posted that LG didn't have any beef on the defensive side of the ball & that they should move some of the bigger players to defense. I also remember Hook agreeing with me. I did read where LG were holding out a few players for the first quarter, but now it was the first half? Bellville did have their longest score (66 yard run) in the third quarter, so that definitely was against their top players??

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, if La Grange do all of their what ifs, this should make for a classic come Friday.

Pudlugger
10-11-2011, 11:02 PM
That makes sense. Did #75 go both ways against Giddings? I was under the impression he played OT only.

Glad to hear the Leps are moving in the right direction.

He has played mostly defense since his freshman year when he first started on the varsity. This year they had him on the o line pretty much exclusively until recently where he has been playing both ways. He is alternating in on short yardage 3rd downs and goal line stands mostly with the Dt. He is a senior and is being recruited by several D1 schools. He is a very physical player and really anchors the center of the D line. Hopefully he will get plenty of playing time both ways Friday. Thank you for the positive words Manso, the Leps have been struggling as everyone knows and are still looking for that break out game to turn this season around. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
10-11-2011, 11:04 PM
That was a great run too Bull's-Eye. Good luck Friday.

hookandladder
10-12-2011, 06:06 AM
I don't recall seeing a player weighing 275 lbs playing defense for LG. I posted that LG didn't have any beef on the defensive side of the ball & that they should move some of the bigger players to defense. I also remember Hook agreeing with me. I did read where LG were holding out a few players for the first quarter, but now it was the first half? Bellville did have their longest score (66 yard run) in the third quarter, so that definitely was against their top players??

Our biggest starter on defense would be the Kitchens kid, 6'3" around 275 to 280 # 76, next would be the Cook kid- 6'2 - 230 #90 good looking junior. The Childs kid does play some on defense and also one other OL player Ledwick #70 a sophomore who is going to be a D-1 type player plays some D.The 3 players did sit the entire first half, bottom line we played bad ball that night and the Bellville team had something to do with that. The bottom line is 3 wins in District and we are in the playoffs, that is all that matters right now and how we played to this time is not important. Leps will be missing a couple key players this week due to injury, as with any team other kids will need to step. No excuses Duckman.

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2011, 06:35 AM
La Grange Leopards at Navasota Rattlers

Records: La Grange 1-5 (0-1 in 23-3A); Navasota 5-1 (1-0 in 23-3A)

Last year: Navasota 28, La Grange 6

Last week: Giddings 38, La Grange 35; Navasota 53, Rockdale 14

Radio: 1550 AM KWBC

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota by 31 points

Next: Rockdale at La Grange; Navasota at Caldwell

gameface
10-12-2011, 07:16 AM
LG gotta sharpen up all aspects before stepping into the blue hole snake pit. No mistakes yields a LG win. In other words, LG needs a bogie free 48 minutes!!

StangEm
10-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Navasota by 21......saw LaGrange and Bellville game a couple weeks ago and it seems to me that LG just doesn't have the juice that they used to have. Coach Fedora wins another one....

buff4ever
10-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Every year for the past few years LG has not performed well across the whole season. They usually show up against Giddings really well, and Giddings has been good enough to beat them regardless. I don't know if this gets them down or what, but they just don't seem to play with the same intensity and want to against other teams. If La Grange plays as well as they did against Giddings, I don't think they win, but they keep this game close. If they play the way they have most of the year so far, I have Navasota by 30.

This game is a important district game, but not a must win for LG, however the last 3 are. LG will beat caldwell and rockdale, and the jury is still out on Smithville. They haven't played anyone yet, and even though they are winning handily, it is always interesting to see how they lose momentum so fast when times get hard against more quality teams. We don't know yet if this will be the case for Smithville again this year, or if they are going to make it past that point this year.

hookandladder
10-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Every year for the past few years LG has not performed well across the whole season. They usually show up against Giddings really well, and Giddings has been good enough to beat them regardless. I don't know if this gets them down or what, but they just don't seem to play with the same intensity and want to against other teams. If La Grange plays as well as they did against Giddings, I don't think they win, but they keep this game close. If they play the way they have most of the year so far, I have Navasota by 30.

This game is a important district game, but not a must win for LG, however the last 3 are. LG will beat caldwell and rockdale, and the jury is still out on Smithville. They haven't played anyone yet, and even though they are winning handily, it is always interesting to see how they lose momentum so fast when times get hard against more quality teams. We don't know yet if this will be the case for Smithville again this year, or if they are going to make it past that point this year.

I would have to disagree with the first part, I thought we played pretty well in District last year. Caldwell,Rockdale and us all battled it out for the 3rd spot, If I remember correctly Caldwell came into District undefeated. Rockdale had 2 D-1 players that really stepped up for them big time in District and in 2009 we were a game away from playing for the State Championship. So I would have to disagree, when is the last time Giddings has made it that far. This might be the pot calling the kettle black, pretty sure it has been 1 and done for you guys in the playoffs for the last 2 years. Correct me if I am wrong.

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2011, 04:03 PM
2 More days until game day.

Any injury reports?

Navasota looks to be ready to go for the most part. Our top two RB didn't play the first Q against Rockdale. However, both ended up playing. I am not sure why they didn't start. Then, one played the 2nd and 3rd Q and the other played the 4th. I guess Fedora was resting the two.

hookandladder
10-12-2011, 04:07 PM
2 More days until game day.

Any injury reports?

Navasota looks to be ready to go for the most part. Our top two RB didn't play the first Q against Rockdale. However, both ended up playing. I am not sure why they didn't start. Then, one played the 2nd and 3rd Q and the other played the 4th. I guess Fedora was resting the two.

Read post #55.

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Read post #55.

Ok, you guys will be missing a couple key guys... Got it.

hookandladder
10-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Ok, you guys will be missing a couple key guys... Got it.

Hey, would you happen to know Wil Imhoff's dad. My spelling off but pretty sure he plays LB, I need to get a message to his dad.

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey, would you happen to know Wil Imhoff's dad. My spelling off but pretty sure he plays LB, I need to get a message to his dad.

No, but, Navasota is small so I am sure I know someone who knows him.

venomous tat2
10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Hey, would you happen to know Wil Imhoff's dad. My spelling off but pretty sure he plays LB, I need to get a message to his dad. Pm me and I will get the message to him asap

gtownfan
10-12-2011, 10:38 PM
in 2009 we were a game away from playing for the State Championship. So I would have to disagree, when is the last time Giddings has made it that far.

2008, the buffs were one game away from playing for state.

prior to 2009 the leps last made the playoffs in 2006.

hookandladder
10-13-2011, 05:43 AM
2008, the buffs were one game away from playing for state.

prior to 2009 the leps last made the playoffs in 2006.

Also , do not forget about the State Championship in 2000 and the runnerup State Championship in 2001. Good Days, when you win State Championships.

hookandladder
10-13-2011, 05:49 AM
Pm me and I will get the message to him asap

PM sent.

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Un dia mas!:)

buff4ever
10-13-2011, 01:44 PM
I prolly already said it, but Navasota wins this one. My guess is by 17-21. Keep your head up though LG, win the last 3, those are the ones.

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Hopefully, the fans will get out and support the Rattlers. Homecoming was a sell out. However, we didn't have a good showing against Rockdale.

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Finally game day. Safe traveling to and from the game.

Good Luck!

GO SNAKES!

Pudlugger
10-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Game day is here, let's play some great football and take it to the Rattlers. Go Leps.

UPanIN
10-14-2011, 09:58 AM
The Rattlers continue to re-tool every year for the last 4-5 years. The coaches need some love here in Navasota for that.

Navasota by 2 TD.

I've heard that the Rattlers have some really good Freshmen this year so it looks like the trend will continue.

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2011, 10:12 AM
The Rattlers continue to re-tool every year for the last 4-5 years. The coaches need some love here in Navasota for that.

Navasota by 2 TD.

I've heard that the Rattlers have some really good Freshmen this year so it looks like the trend will continue.

I believe that the 7/8/9th grade teams are really good. And, the fact that the varsity has alot of sophomores and juniors, some pretty good Rattler teams should be coming up.

hookandladder
10-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Need to know about parking for visitors, does everyone park on the home side. Any help would be great.

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Need to know about parking for visitors, does everyone park on the home side. Any help would be great.

No, the visitor's parking is on the visitor's side. But, there will be police to navigate parking.

1st and goal
10-14-2011, 11:50 AM

As long as it doesn't rain you'll be alright. OTOH, if it rains, you'll wish you had a Hummer.

gtownfan
10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
As long as it doesn't rain you'll be alright. OTOH, if it rains, you'll wish you had a Hummer.

Isn't Rattle Stadium home of the "this first down brought to you by ....." advertisements?

UPanIN
10-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Isn't Rattle Stadium home of the "this first down brought to you by ....." advertisements?

Got to pay for that screen baby.:crazy:

Manso/V8
10-14-2011, 03:31 PM

I won't name names, but some towns have a reputation for "that penalty flag was sponsored by........." LOL

striker
10-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Rattlers fumble the opening kick off. La Grange drives it 30 yards and kicks a field goal. La Grange 3 - Navasota 0 with 4:43 left in the 1st.

striker
10-14-2011, 07:37 PM
La Grange 3 - Navasota 0 End of the 1st

striker
10-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Navasota 14 - La Grange 3 with 4:21 left in the 2nd.

garciap77
10-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Early 7 Bangs 6

garciap77
10-14-2011, 08:05 PM
2ND QTR: Sweetwater 7 Big Spring 0

striker
10-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Navasota 20 - La Grange 9 ~ End of the 3rd

1st and goal
10-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I heard 20-17 Navasota leading.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Navasota has not responded well to the blitz. That also makes two touchdowns called back, a hold and an offensive PI. 1:00 left and LG driving down to the 10. 1st and goal LG. Not good.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Wow, pass interference in the endzone against Navasota. 14 seconds left.

Edit: offsetting penalties, ineligible man downfield. Still 2nd and goal at the 6.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Incomplete almost sacked. 8 seconds, 3rd and goal at the 6.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:43 PM
LG kicks a quick field goal on 3rd down. Knotted at 20 with 3 seconds to go! Missed XP's will always come back and bite you.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Overtime.

1st and goal
10-14-2011, 09:48 PM
WOW!!!
Keep posting updates.
Smithville and Rockdale are tied, 3:16 to go, smithville 1st and goal at the 5
TOUCHDOWN Smithville, 1:55 left
21-14 Smithville has the lead

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Touchdown Rattlers on the first play of overtime! Baker to Malek for his 4th TD pass of the night. XP (holding breath.......) is GOOD!

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:51 PM
1st down, incomplete pass in the endzone.

2nd down, 4 yard run.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:52 PM
3rd down, 5 yard run.

4th and less than 1.......6 yard run to the 9.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:53 PM
1st down, 7 yard run. 2nd and 2.

no gain. 3rd and goal at the 2.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Touchdown Leps. Timeout. Probably going for two.....

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Touchdown Leps. Timeout. Probably going for two..... didn't see this coming. holy crap.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 09:58 PM
INCOMPLETE PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rattlers win 27 to 26. Heart pills please.

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2011, 09:59 PM
INCOMPLETE PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rattlers win 27 to 26. Heart pills please. Sounds like it was a great game. Good win Rattlers and very nice to see that LG has improved and put together a good game.

navscanmaster
10-14-2011, 10:02 PM
And on to the Lingerie Football League on MTV2.....:cheerl:

Roughneck93
10-14-2011, 10:04 PM

Rattlers win 27 to 26. Heart pills please.

Wow!

1st and goal
10-14-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm out of fingernails....

OldBison75
10-14-2011, 10:12 PM
LaGrange dominated on the offensive line all night. They played with alot of heart and showed that they can play a smashmouth type game. Navasota QB Baker had an off night, missing some wide open receivers, but he was under pressure alot too. Two Navasota TD's were called back on penalties. No excuses for the game being this good, the Leopards came to play and gave the Rattlers all they could handle. Hope this opens the Rattler eyes and they come out next week with better focus and fire.

Coach BS
10-14-2011, 10:33 PM
almost pulled off the upset

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm going to give credit where credit is due. La Grange should have won this game. They came in better prepared and played with fight. After two weeks of almost pulling off huge upsets against Navasota and Giddings, I can only believe that this is not the same Leopard team that started so poorly. If they are, Sealy and Bellville must be really good. I don't think that is the case. Look out, La Grange has turned the corner. Good luck to them.

Now, to Navasota. What's the logic for not playing your #1 & #2 running backs? Before I get into any trouble, I am going to leave it at that.

Pudlugger
10-14-2011, 11:54 PM
What an exciting game. I am proud of the Leps for giving it their all and coming within an extra point of winning the game. I only wish the coach hadn't let those 22 seconds run off the clock when we were 2nd and goal on the five with the clock running from 47 seconds when the ref spotted the ball. What's up with that? Didn't he know we still had one time out? We could have run two more pass plays before sending in the FG team instead of one. Poor clock management Coach. You need to run 3 miles for the fans on that one. I'll comment on your decision to go for 2 with the score 26-27 as well. The odds are 2 to 1 against you and our kicker is automatic. Why not go to double overtime and give the defense another shot at a stop? They were playing lights out most of the fourth quarter.

On a positive note our o line really has improved in the past two games with the changes made in the line up. Our receivers made some terrific receptions and #22 made what I believe was the first interception of the season to stop a solid Navasota drive. Our running game is cooking averaging about 4-5 yards per carry tonight. We should finish out the next three games with wins if we can continue with this intensity. Rockdale is coming to LG next Friday and we are hungry for a win. Go Leps.

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2011, 12:00 AM
What an exciting game. I am proud of the Leps for giving it their all and coming within an extra point of winning the game. I only wish the coach hadn't let those 22 seconds run off the clock when we were 2nd and goal on the five with the clock running from 47 seconds when the ref spotted the ball. What's up with that? Didn't he know we still had one time out? We could have run two more pass plays before sending in the FG team instead of one. Poor clock management Coach. You need to run 3 miles for the fans on that one. I'll comment on your decision to go for 2 with the score 26-27 as well. The odds are 2 to 1 against you and our kicker is automatic. Why not go to double overtime and give the defense another shot at a stop? They were playing lights out most of the fourth quarter.

On a positive note our o line really has improved in the past two games with the changes made in the line up. Our receivers made some terrific receptions and #22 made what I believe was the first interception of the season to stop a solid Navasota drive. Our running game is cooking averaging about 4-5 yards per carry tonight. We should finish out the next three games with wins if we can continue with this intensity. Rockdale is coming to LG next Friday and we are hungry for a win. Go Leps.

La Grange looked really good. Navasota and La Grange both saw their respective coaches make some very questionable calls. Hopefully, both teams will learn from their mistakes and build on a solid final three weeks.

I have seen some good teams, and La Grange is no 1-6 team. If you go in thinking that it will be a cake walk, you might end up on the losing end.

trojandad
10-15-2011, 12:01 AM
congrats, hemo....a "w" is a "w"....hard wins work great later...

pud, your boys ARE coming on, good for you, buddy....what so many, including me, saw as homer talk was more truthful than i knew....im in agreement that we havent seen the last of lagrange....

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2011, 12:03 AM
congrats, hemo....a "w" is a "w"....hard wins work great later...

pud, your boys ARE coming on, good for you, buddy....what so many, including me, saw as homer talk was more truthful than i knew....im in agreement that we havent seen the last of lagrange....

Im sure La Grange will be in the mix come play offs time. Although we won, I am eating crow before bed.

Pudlugger
10-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Hemo, thanks for the kind words. The Rattlers have so many good athlete's it is amazing. We really had no answer to your flag routes tonight. I think we got burned for 3 tds on those plays. Speed does kill as they say. Good luck in the big one against Giddings. I have your back the rest of the way.

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Hemo, thanks for the kind words. The Rattlers have so many good athlete's it is amazing. We really had no answer to your flag routes tonight. I think we got burned for 3 tds on those plays. Speed does kill as they say. Good luck in the big one against Giddings. I have your back the rest of the way.

Thanks man... Likewise.. If La Grange plays like they did tonight, they should be a force. Its good to see the Leopards on track.... Hey, La Grange could be 2-0 in district play. Keep up the hard work, you guys will be play offs bound!

hookandladder
10-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Thanks man... Likewise.. If La Grange plays like they did tonight, they should be a force. Its good to see the Leopards on track.... Hey, La Grange could be 2-0 in district play. Keep up the hard work, you guys will be play offs bound!

It was a great game, so close again. Playoff time starts in La Grange next Friday, win out is the only goal for now. Good Luck Rattlers, you have some serious talent on offense. Leps did play another good game this week but good will not cut it no more, Just win Baby.

ExScoop
10-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Listened to La Grange coach talk this morning on Radio Station KBUK-Said it was a tough loss-Must have been a great game to see- The Leopards gave it all they had against the Rattlers. but came up short

OldBison75
10-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Just to give a little perspective on the way the night went---

In the first quarter LaGrange ran 23 offensive plays to Navasota's 3. They controlled the ball and the clock all night with good solid running mixed with some timely passing.

I said in an early post on this thread that if LaGrange could muster a running game and not be one dimensional with passing, they would create a problem for the Rattlers. Well, the big offensive line of LaGrange took control of the game for the most part and the Leopard running backs and QB were pretty darn good at getting yards. There were a lot of second and four or five plays in the game.

It would be easy to say the Rattlers had a bad night, but the reality is that LaGrange showed great determination and took it to the Rattlers all night. The Rattlers were very luck to get the win.

Pudlugger
10-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Listened to La Grange coach talk this morning on Radio Station KBUK-Said it was a tough loss-Must have been a great game to see- The Leopards gave it all they had against the Rattlers. but came up short

Did he comment on why he didn't call a timeout immediately after the running play 2nd and goal at the 5 yard line with less than a minute left? I would be interested in his explanation of that.

gameface
10-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Proud of the mighty leps. Very confident display of grit on the defense and esp. the offense. I like the play mix and o-line protecting V-man. I anticipate a GOCAW next 2 weeks staging perfect timing of certainty and momemtum in our ability to prevail in the catfight in Smithville in November. Get the branding irons hot-I see capital "LG" etched into the next 3 opponents revealing ownership of the 3rd playoff spot!!! GO LG!!!

Pudlugger
10-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Proud of the mighty leps. Very confident display of grit on the defense and esp. the offense. I like the play mix and o-line protecting V-man. I anticipate a GOCAW next 2 weeks staging perfect timing of certainty and momemtum in our ability to prevail in the catfight in Smithville in November. Get the branding irons hot-I see capital "LG" etched into the next 3 opponents revealing ownership of the 3rd playoff spot!!! GO LG!!!

Hold on big guy, if Smithville gets a win against either Giddings or Navasota and we win out, there will be a 2 or possibly 3 way tie at 3-2(3 way if the team losing to Smithville gets beaten again by the eventual district champion team). Things are not as simple as they might seem at this point. Win out we must but we will need help by both Navasota and Giddings to make the playoffs. The Leps certainly look like they can win out but they will need to keep their edge going forward. Go Leps!

hookandladder
10-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Hold on big guy, if Smithville gets a win against either Giddings or Navasota and we win out, there will be a 2 or possibly 3 way tie at 3-2(3 way if the team losing to Smithville gets beaten again by the eventual district champion team). Things are not as simple as they might seem at this point. Win out we must but we will need help by both Navasota and Giddings to make the playoffs. The Leps certainly look like they can win out but they will need to keep their edge going forward. Go Leps!

Anything can happen however there is a huge difference between Giddings,Navasota and Rockdale, Giddings and Navasota athletes and speed will not be beat by Smithville. We have to play well to win out however I do not see Smithville beating Navasota or Giddings after struggling to beat Rockdale. Rockdale may beat us however Smithville still has not made a beleiver out of me, they had to score twice in the fourth quarter to beat Rockdale. Lets see how they fare against our top 2 teams in District , if they can hang or beat them then they will gain my respect. It is getting to crunch time,Strap it up or go home.

jrhernandez7
10-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Great Job LG!!! that 2nd and 3rd spot are still up for grabs. hell even the first. I just hope my tigers win one against the big boys befor LG. but Rockdale has some players to. Its looking like they just rolled over for Navasota. Rockdale can bite you if your not carefull. Smithville has to just win 1 of its last 3 to get in and 2 of them are at home, and home field advantage is starting to be a advantage for us. Its going to be a wild 3 weeks to finish it.

Pudlugger
10-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Great Job LG!!! that 2nd and 3rd spot are still up for grabs. hell even the first. I just hope my tigers win one against the big boys befor LG. but Rockdale has some players to. Its looking like they just rolled over for Navasota. Rockdale can bite you if your not carefull. Smithville has to just win 1 of its last 3 to get in and 2 of them are at home, and home field advantage is starting to be a advantage for us. Its going to be a wild 3 weeks to finish it.

Thanks jr. The Tigers have a tough schedule coming up with Giddings, Navasota and then a showdown with the Leps. Things are getting real interesting now. BTW the 3rd place team in our district will most likely play Bellville in the first round. A rematch with the Bulls would suit me just fine. The Leps need to redeem themselves after that disaster in the Pasture of Pain last month.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Congrats to both teams, not sure what's going on in La Grange, but they have bounced back to play 2 excellent games against 2 good teams. Pud, be careful what you wish for.....JK. LOL I like the line "Disaster in the Pasture". Good look to both schools, except if one of them is playing Bellville.

hookandladder
10-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Congrats to both teams, not sure what's going on in La Grange, but they have bounced back to play 2 excellent games against 2 good teams. Pud, be careful what you wish for.....JK. LOL I like the line "Disaster in the Pasture". Good look to both schools, except if one of them is playing Bellville.

We just need the so called expert posters to keep posting blowout against our Leps, we have played up to our potential the last couple of weeks. It is now time to turn it up a notch, kids know now that they can play with most all teams. A few adjustments in our offense and now with our O Line starting to come together , now we just need to play solid for 4 quarters and if we can do that we have a shot. That is all you can ask for come crunch time.

hookandladder
10-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Does anyone have stats from our game last night.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2011, 12:56 PM
We just need the so called expert posters to keep posting blowout against our Leps, we have played up to our potential the last couple of weeks. It is now time to turn it up a notch, kids know now that they can play with most all teams. A few adjustments in our offense and now with our O Line starting to come together , now we just need to play solid for 4 quarters and if we can do that we have a shot. That is all you can ask for come crunch time.

Well, thanks for the compliment, but I believe that had nothing to do with the last 2 games. Motivation can only take a team so far & I don't think teams get motivated from reading predictions on this site. La Grange has definitely made some changes on the field from what I watched in Bellville. I would hope Bellville is that much better than your last 2 opponents, but common sense would tell us that LG has done a 180 since the disaster in the pasture.

hookandladder
10-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Well, thanks for the compliment, but I believe that had nothing to do with the last 2 games. Motivation can only take a team so far & I don't think teams get motivated from reading predictions on this site. La Grange has definitely made some changes on the field from what I watched in Bellville. I would hope Bellville is that much better than your last 2 opponents, but common sense would tell us that LG has done a 180 since the disaster in the pasture.

I just get a kick out of some people's prediction when they have never seen us play, you saw our game with you guys and we had lots of issues. We are basicly the same team however we are playing as a team, our D has been good all year except for the Bellville game. Our offense has made some little changes but just eliminating mistakes and blocking better, we are a long way from where we need to be but there is hope. Rockdale is our first playoff game and we need to play well, our team is not good enough to overlook anyone so we cannot think about Smithville til we take care of business.

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes Navasota stuggled against La Grange, but, a win is a win.

Like I have posted, if La Grange can play to the level that they played against Giddings and Navasota, the Leps should get the third spot.

As Hook posted, I am also not sure if Smithville can get it done. If they do, I will congratulate them. Make me a believer!

Navasota, Giddings, and La Grange will probably represent D23.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Does anybody have the stats from this game?

gtownfan
10-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Here is what the Austin Paper has:

http://www.statesman.com/news/stats/football/controller?Page=school_details&AltAction=&Nav=schdresults&Sport=1&Season=10&School=212163&Player=&Schedule=423240

Bull's-eye
10-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Here is what the Austin Paper has:

http://www.statesman.com/news/stats/football/controller?Page=school_details&AltAction=&Nav=schdresults&Sport=1&Season=10&School=212163&Player=&Schedule=423240

Thanks gtownfan! :wave: