PDA

View Full Version : coldspring 67 - splendora 0....

trojandad
10-07-2011, 11:16 PM
we were up 53-0 at half....

total offense CS-450....splen 26

rushing offense CS-346....splen (-28)

gilbert - 6 carries - 156 yds, 3 tds...26 yd/carry

4th time coldspring has carried a negative total yards on the opposing team going into the 4th qtr....

the defense is getting it done....they are a group and a half....

tonight coach allowed some of the defense to run the ball late in the game, kendrick harrison, our all state mlb, got him a 5 yd td run late in the game....barbay is showing teams the same 8 plays over and over....

trojandad
10-07-2011, 11:26 PM
also, shepherd was up on huffman in the first half, and orangefield almost beat silsbee....

we might not have beaten such easy teams.....

Bambam
10-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Man our first half of the Huffman game was UGLY. We went into the game over at Sheperd and the entire team was asleep. Woke up in the 2nd half and clamped down on D after being down 14-6 at half. We were shocked. Anyways, looks like you guys handled business as usual. Play them Splendora boys next week. Cya in 3!

garciap77
10-07-2011, 11:52 PM

4th time coldspring has carried a negative total yards on the opposing team going into the 4th qtr....

tonight coach allowed some of the defense to run the ball late in the game, kendrick harrison, our all state mlb, got him a 5 yd td run late in the game....barbay is showing teams the same 8 plays over and over....

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

LionFan72
10-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Nice stats, good win! Sounds like you guys are loaded for bear again this year. Good luck.

LionFan72
10-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Can we get a Texas coach to Gilberts house tomorrow, please. Three studs in the backfield might inspire the Wishbone again, naw, I hope not, but having such a athlete to go with Brown and Gray would be enlightening.

trojandad
10-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Can we get a Texas coach to Gilberts house tomorrow, please. Three studs in the backfield might inspire the Wishbone again, naw, I hope not, but having such a athlete to go with Brown and Gray would be enlightening.

hes keepin that close to his vest, but friend of his told me his brother at osu is sure giving him a hard time to go there with him...but yea, that backfield would be awesome.....

trojandad
10-08-2011, 09:31 AM
The Shepherd Coach Bob Jones who coached a state finalist team in Aldine and has played some major HS teams during playoff runs said "Take the first 22 players and Coldspring can play with any team in the state including 5A. They are the best 22 players he has ever played against.".....hope hes right...

btw, colton monroe twisted an ankle in the first qtr, but was running the ball again in the 2nd half, hes ok....

regaleagle
10-08-2011, 09:46 AM
It's hard to fathom so many good football players coming from one 3A school all on the same team within a couple of years of each other. How many D1 players are on this team?

trojandad
10-08-2011, 09:58 AM
well you have to remember these words came from a coach who lost bad to us, so he could be tryin to make us sound better in order to save face, but i only believe we have 4 dI players...we have 4 other excellent players that are undersized imo to play dI, but like chance andries on our def line is way undersized yet is averaging over 20 tackles a game, 4 sacks per game the last 5 games, but the guy is 5'10" and 175 at most....hell get overlooked for his size but ill bet anyone who gets voted all state at the end of the year will not have his tackle and sack numbers....

without injury, the guy will have over 300 tackles after a long playoff run if he keeps going like he is, thats just mind boggling to me...

Tejastrue
10-08-2011, 11:02 PM
You guys are going to have me pulling for the opposition to break the 100 yard barrier. That's just crazy...Congrats TD. :clap:

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2011, 11:22 PM
The Shepherd Coach Bob Jones who coached a state finalist team in Aldine and has played some major HS teams during playoff runs said "Take the first 22 players and Coldspring can play with any team in the state including 5A. They are the best 22 players he has ever played against.".....hope hes right...

btw, colton monroe twisted an ankle in the first qtr, but was running the ball again in the 2nd half, hes ok....

wow Bob Jones...name for the past..he won state in 90..same year we did..first year of the split in 5A

wimbo_pro
10-09-2011, 02:41 AM

Do you guys play ANYONE worth a crap all year? LOL

1st and goal
10-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Do you guys play ANYONE worth a crap all year? LOL

It seems they are in a league of their own. Will anyone in district even give you guys a game?

trojandad
10-09-2011, 08:15 AM
wow Bob Jones...name for the past..he won state in 90..same year we did..first year of the split in 5A

i know, and thats why i think it was just a face saving comment on his part, cause think back on some of the teams he played against....id love to think we were better than some of those 5a schools, and maybe after its all over we will be, but right now ill just take being better than any of the 3a teams hes faced...

and tejastrue, i believe huffman will get some yards against us because of that overload offense they have (bambam and i have talked about this as his son plays for huffman and supposedly his wife is gonna cowbell us right off the field), they always have the short option available due to their overload and if your cb's arent quick enough to come up and catch the short route in the backfield theyre gonna make yards....last year they overloaded the opposite side from where sykes was playing for us all night and got yardage by working a cb not nearly as quick as sykes....

problem for huffman this year is gilbert is playing the opposite cb this year (and has been playing cb far more than he plays rb), and just might accidentally be as quick as sykes <humor>....itll be fun to see how that short option plays this year, cause when deberry took the downfield option on us last year he got picked three times....

and it appears that barbay has found a way to try to not run up scores while increasing morale on the defense....it appears (and i did only say appears) that if the defense pitches negative numbers going into the 4th, barbay allows the subs to play defense and the 1st team defense flips sides of the line and plays offense....even with the clock running thru time outs and out of bounds plays, the "defense playing offense" managed two scores.....kendrick harrison scored the 1st offensive td (you should see that monster play rb...lol) prolly since jr high...the guys would come to the sidelines and the #1 O would rip them and give them all kinds of heck....it REALLY was fun to watch, and to hear the fans laugh at rb's looking like fish out of water but getting the job done.....

trojandad
10-09-2011, 11:38 AM
to me, the most incredible part of friday night's game is that we scored 6 td's in the 2nd qtr and still had over 4 min left in the qtr...only one score was a defensive score, none were kick returns, the rest were offensive plays from scrimmage....39 pts in one qtr...ive been looking back to see if we have ever scored 6 tds in less than 8 min....it would have been 43 pts if not for the missed conversions....and this was against splendora, not a good team by any stretch, but they will beat tarkington, so theyre not the worst team weve played....

these guys are even amazing me with the ease theyre playing.....