PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Whitesboro makes the Playoffs for the first time EVER!

OldNavy
10-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Not only that, if Sanger goes in thinking they will walk over Whitesboro, they could be shocked. Whitesboro starts tonight by taking care of Gainesville. Good luck Whitesboro--this is your year!

OldNavy
10-07-2011, 10:40 PM
The Bearcats took care of Gainesville: 16 - 3.

bigwood33
10-08-2011, 12:08 AM
We aren't counting our chickens yet but we are doing some nice things. Right now, our defense is playing very well and we are starting to run the ball pretty well. I hope that we can keep up the momentum and win a few more this season. It would be great to get that monkey off of our backs.

orange machine
10-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Im excited for the Boro y'all deserve it for sure.

OldNavy
10-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Not only that, if Sanger goes in thinking they will walk over Whitesboro, they could be shocked. Whitesboro starts tonight by taking care of Gainesville. Good luck Whitesboro--this is your year!

Sanger was almost shocked! The box score shows both teams rolled up 405 yards of total offense. It looked like one more turn over and 35 yards more in penalties turned out to be the big difference.

It looks like you have to beat Aubrey in Aubrey to make the Playoffs. Aubrey poses a different challenge than Sanger. Run heavy Aubrey only threw 7 times against Pilot Point on Friday, compleeting 4 for 95 yards. They had over 250 rushing yards.

Good luck and make history!

bigwood33
10-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks!
Yes, turnovers and a blocked punt at our 5 were the difference. Aubrey will be tough because this is really a "playoff" game for both of us. The winner has the inside track at the 3rd playoff spot.

bobcat1
10-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks!
Yes, turnovers and a blocked punt at our 5 were the difference. Aubrey will be tough because this is really a "playoff" game for both of us. The winner has the inside track at the 3rd playoff spot.Best of luck to the Bearcats!

Twirling Time
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Whitesboro has to beat both Aubrey and Pilot Point. Pilot Point screwed everything up by beating Gainesville in overtime. Aubrey maxed out its tiebreaker points when they beat Pilot Point, so if it comes down to a three-way tie, the Chaps have the advantage already.

orange machine
10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Basically whitesboro just needs to take care of business and win the game.

turbostud
10-23-2011, 05:01 PM
So IF Whitesboro beats Aubrey and Pilot Point, who would they likely play in the first round?

bigwood33
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM
With Van Alstyne beating Commerce last Friday, it looks like VA will be the top seed for Div 2 in District 10. If that is the way it finishes, VA would be our 1st ever playoff opponent. Sanger (Div 1) would play Celina and Argyle (Div 2) would play Commerce.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2011, 07:47 PM
We might be doing this game

OldNavy
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM

I hope so, I would like to tune in. As for a tie breaker, I think if Whitesboro can beat Aubrey, they can beat Pilot Point, unless Pilot Point gets 4 or 5 injured starters back. They have had several injuries and I don't think their ofense has found an identity yet. They played 3 quarterbacks in their last game. It has been a tough season for Pilot Point with injuries and a new head coach. However, their young men know how to compete, and will give it their all.

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 08:20 PM
It's never a cake walk to get into the playoffs. But Whitesboro has looked very competitive this year, has put up good offensive numbers, and should be able to get it done this year. Good Luck to you guys over there. I think you would be able to give VA all they could handle.

bigwood33
10-23-2011, 08:30 PM
It's never a cake walk to get into the playoffs. But Whitesboro has looked very competitive this year, has put up good offensive numbers, and should be able to get it done this year. Good Luck to you guys over there. I think you would be able to give VA all they could handle.
I really appreciate the kind words. We still make too many mistakes, 4 more lost fumbles against Sanger but we really moved the ball on them. It was nice getting our QB back...he looked sharp.

bigwood33
10-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Interesting side note to a possible Whitesboro v Van Alstyne playoff matchup, the AD/HFC at Van Alstyne is Mikael Miller and his dad, Ed Miller is the DC at Whitesboro.

OldNavy
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Interesting side note to a possible Whitesboro v Van Alstyne playoff matchup, the AD/HFC at Van Alstyne is Mikael Miller and his dad, Ed Miller is the DC at Whitesboro.

I like what he is doing over there. They played Celina better than I expected and that was a good win against an undefeated Commerce team. Should make for an interesting family dinner the week before that game.

BLACK ATTACK
10-23-2011, 11:07 PM
I am pulling for Whitesboro to finally get it done

OldNavy
11-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Whitesboro 60 - Pilot Point 7 final. Whitesboro makes school history and meets Van Alstyne in the first round. Solid game Bearcats. Good luck in the playoffs, don't stop now! If you get past Van Alstyne, you get the winner of Madison/Princeton and then probably the winner of Van/Gilmer.

bobcat1
11-04-2011, 10:07 PM
:clap::clap::clap: for the Bearcats! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bigwood33
11-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks guys. We are fired up! Now we need to get that 1st playoff win too and join the "club" (credible playoff team)...albeit as a junior member :wave:

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Thanks guys. We are fired up! Now we need to get that 1st playoff win too and join the "club" (credible playoff team)...albeit as a junior member :wave:

Excellent!! This is good news...you guys don't act like you are freshmen in the club....ACT LIKE YOU OWN THE DAMNED CLUB. What have you to lose?