Tejastrue
10-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Not much buzz around for this match-up. Here's an article

http://www.bccourier.com/Archives/Sports_detail.php?contentId=8557

OldNavy
10-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Not much buzz around for this match-up. Here's an article

http://www.bccourier.com/Archives/Sports_detail.php?contentId=8557
Bandera has one win over a 1-4 Lano team to its credit. Doesn't bode well for them against a strong 4-0 Wimberley. The buz would be if Bandera were to win. You would hear plenty of buz then. Otherwise I am afraid:sleeping:.

sTxforlife
10-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Good luck to Wimberley

bulldog82
10-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Does wimberley hate coming to Bandera as much as I hate going there?

Tejastrue
10-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Texans looking flat...Lambert fumbled twice, one into Bandera's endzone for touchback.

0-0 after one

Tejastrue
10-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Yes...:D

sotex
10-07-2011, 08:17 PM
score?

sotex
10-07-2011, 08:19 PM
yeah i know, check the updates thread
14-0 wimberley

Super_R
10-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Just to be fair I hate going to both!

rb585
10-07-2011, 09:20 PM
28-6 now...blakemore went about 90 with a punt.

lbjacj
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Wimberley 42-6 4th qtr.

lbjacj
10-07-2011, 10:02 PM
42-6 final.Ugly win but a win.

bulldog82
10-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Blakemore show! Bandera continues to shoot themselves in the foot. Wimberley thought we were just going to roll over , bet they got an ear full at half

Tejastrue
10-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Blakemore show! Bandera continues to shoot themselves in the foot. Wimberley thought we were just going to roll over , bet they got an ear full at half

Yep, judging from the final score.

bulldog82
10-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Yep, judging from the final score.

Not sure what you mean by that. Are you being sarcastic? Cuz, defender slipping down and busted pass play and first half was all wimb could handle!

Tejastrue
10-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Not sure what you mean by that. Are you being sarcastic? Cuz, defender slipping down and busted pass play and first half was all wimb could handle!

No sarcasm. Bandera came to play. Fortunately or unfortunately whatever your perspective is here...we play two halves. Your defense was on the field a long time in the 1st half and it showed in the 2nd... Our coaches made the defensive adjustments at the half and the results reflected the final score...

ogg
10-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Bandera played tough and better than expected, good game guys.

gold_33
10-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Sloppy first half....Nelms must have gave them an ear full at half, we looked a little better in the 2nd half thanks to Blakemore and the D stepping up but definately have some work to do still. O-line play was terrible most of the game, even when Bandera would rush 3 they still got in the backfield and had Lambert scrambling. We looked like a team that had some first half rust and made stupid mistakes and penalties to keep Bandera in it til half. Credit to Bandera though they played hard just got overmatched as the game went on but they stuck around the first half. We better come ready to play next week or we'll find ourselves losing to Canyon Lake.

bulldog82
10-08-2011, 01:00 AM
We have played all our games just as tough and with alot of heart, but as i've said we just won't let ourselves be successful. Wimb. did not show the state ranking caliber they're suppose to be. Blakemore was the play maker. I watched him standing on the sidelines the first quarter, thinking Wimb. was setting him and others out due to lack of competition, til they realized they were in for a fight. kid has speed and talent, just don't care for his arrogance. Also looks like Wimb. has their share of injuries, but have some depth to fill in. All in all good game , good luck in playoffs, represent dist 26 well.

trojandad
10-08-2011, 09:03 AM
congrats, wimberley.....

LionFan72
10-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Stars lining up for a big Wimberly-Coldspring playoff spectacular? Good win Wimberly, any win is good!

trojandad
10-08-2011, 09:13 AM
somebody put a bug in my ear that wimberley might go dI...why would they think that?

Gone Fishing
10-08-2011, 09:24 AM
somebody put a bug in my ear that wimberley might go dI...why would they think that?

Thats not possible. Wimberley is second smallest in district Navarro is the smallest.

trojandad
10-08-2011, 09:25 AM
i didnt know but i thought so...thanks...

Gone Fishing
10-08-2011, 09:29 AM
We have played all our games just as tough and with alot of heart, but as i've said we just won't let ourselves be successful. Wimb. did not show the state ranking caliber they're suppose to be. Blakemore was the play maker. I watched him standing on the sidelines the first quarter, thinking Wimb. was setting him and others out due to lack of competition, til they realized they were in for a fight. kid has speed and talent, just don't care for his arrogance. Also looks like Wimb. has their share of injuries, but have some depth to fill in. All in all good game , good luck in playoffs, represent dist 26 well.

Thats stupid, no one set out because of that. The coaches may have set him for something else but not anything to do with competition!! Thats really a stupid statement. This is not the last week of the NFL.

Tex
10-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Probably more so. Last time for me, well, except for baseball.

Tex
10-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Yup - Texans struggled in the first half - no doubt - but the game doesn't end there - Ugly Ugly win - but none the less a W - NEXT!

Sportshack
10-09-2011, 09:04 AM

I suspect that Blakemore set out for some type of disciplinary reason not because the coaches did not think they would get a fight from Bandera. Frankly, WHS played flat early on and are not elite enough to take anyone lightly. Their flaws were on display. However, they are well coached and can be special when clicking. Also, WHS often gets teams' best shots in 1st half. Bandera had nothing left after halftime. By the way...Blakemore did have some great plays. However, Trint Wilson had wonderful catch and run on screen play (with great block from Alana) and Kolby Kelley simply willed himself into the end zone on another spectacular run. Also ILB Alden Mann Mann also had spectacular leaping interception down field on opposite side while wearing a cast on his hand. Just sayin...also Blakemore is one the fiercest competitors I have ever seen and he has been that way since he was a little kid. Any trash talking or other such nonsense from opponents really gets him going from a competitive stand point and sometimes that leads to a little back at cha! Finally, I agree that they are not playing up to the level of their ranking. O-line and secondary got to keep working.

Hard to figure what has happened to Bandera. Appears to be struggling in the trenches. Not a small school and used to be more scrappy to downright good in football. Just a cycle probably.

Manso/V8
10-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Finally, I agree that they are not playing up to the level of their ranking.

No team plays perfectly every game. Coming back and getting a decisive W after starting the game flat and some mental mistakes speaks well for Wimberley.

sinton66
10-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Wimberley typically gets stronger as the season progresses.

HSFB
10-09-2011, 02:37 PM
certainly opportunities for improvment to go around especially consistency in the run game, but scoring 42 points vs a team on the road who gave great effort is not bad. Especially when the dogs were called off towards the end. In addition, there is another side of the football and that is the D which only gave up 6 points and that was on a long pass play........really not a bad way to "struggle", but I do get those observations.

lbjacj
10-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Nice write up by Texan fan...

Texans Dominate District Opener

By Quinn Leidecker

While many high school football teams across Texas were enjoying a respite during last week’s bye, the Wimberley Texans (5-0) were busy preparing for their district opener against the Bandera Bulldogs (1-5). With the 42-6 win over the Bulldogs, the hard working Texans earned another notch in the “W” column and laid their first district flagstone on the path to a 3A State Championship.

First quarter play was eventful with fumbles, turn overs, and a couple of big penalty calls, but both teams remained scoreless and it seemed as if this might turn into a battle of defenses. The Texan defense was sure putting in work, with at least two big multi player QB sacks deep in the Bulldog backfield. Also notable in this 1st quarter was Kolby Kelley’s 30 yard run in Wimberley’s first drive to start the Texan offense. At the end of the first quarter, the score was still tied at goose eggs.

The Texan offense seemed to find their rhythm in the 2nd quarter. A solid opening drive, led by Brennen Blakemore’s run into Bulldog territory and followed by another substantial gain on a pitch to Trinity Wilson, culminated in a touchdown pass from Brady Lambert to Blakemore. After some back and forth, and a great interception by Alden Mann, the Texan offense once again scored on a Lambert to Blakemore pass. The Bulldogs would answer this drive with an exciting drive of their own, making it downfield in 3 plays, and scoring. The Texans however, quite impressively, blocked the Bulldog field goal attempt with Colton Fonville recovering the loose ball and eventually being tackled from behind. The score at the end of the 2nd quarter was 14-6, Texans.

The Wimberley Coaches must have fed fire to the Texan boys in the locker room during halftime; it seemed like every time the offense was on the field in the 3rd quarter, they scored. The Texans first drive of the 3rd quarter ate up 4 minutes, and was completed by a Lambert to Wilson touchdown pass. The Bulldogs, unable to answer, would punt the ball on their following 4th down. Thanks to some fancy footwork and great blocking by team mates, Blakemore returned that punt for 88 yards and another Texan touchdown! On their next punt attempt the Bulldogs would try a trick play, but the Texans stopped them well short of their first down. The following drive by the Texans, Kelley would receive the touchdown pass from Lambert. The Bulldogs were soon forced to punt again, and the Texans would bring the ball back to the 40 yard line thanks in part to an awesome block by Riley Oldmixon. A magnificent 65 yard pass from Lambert to Blakemore would be the final touchdown of this quarter, and the game. The score at the end of the 3rd quarter was 42-6, Texans.

With a comfortable lead, the backup players for Wimberley were able to get substantial game time during the 4th quarter. Three 1st downs in rapid succession may prove that Cameron Morris and Kyle Terreo need to be looked at as serious contenders in the Texan offense. The Bulldogs did not seem to have much of an answer for these two. It would be a Texan fumble and Bulldog recovery that stopped this offensive drive. Though the Bulldogs were able to move the ball downfield during the last 2 minutes of the game, an interception by Reed Jones ensured a win on Texan terms. The final result of the game was 42-6, Texans.

Wimberley’s next game, scheduled for October 14 at Canyon Lake, looks to be an exciting match up as each seeks to extend their winning record and raise their 3A state ranking. According to MaxPreps.com, Wimberley is currently ranked at #7 and Canyon Lake is ranked at #20, with both teams scoring big wins over Sealy and LaVernia[1]. Look for lots of pink at this game, as the cheerleaders from Wimberley are encouraging fans to show their support for breast cancer research.

lbjacj
10-09-2011, 09:02 PM
from san marcos record...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1402472086/HS-Football-Texans-cruise-past-Bandera-42-6

Tejastrue
10-09-2011, 09:13 PM
from san marcos record...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1402472086/HS-Football-Texans-cruise-past-Bandera-42-6

This is the same writer for both articles... I like this one better..:)