PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 still owning Class 3A...

Matthew328
05-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Region 2 continues its dominance over the rest of the state in the major boys team sports with impressive showings by teams at the state track meet...now with state tittles in both Divisions in football, a boys basketball state tittle and now Atlanta with the state track tittle..and Wilmer-Hutchins became the first Region 2 girls team to win a state tittle as well..can a Region 2 team win it in baseball also??

eye of the tiger
05-11-2002, 09:12 PM
Not a bad year at all for Region II.

sinton66
05-14-2002, 04:49 PM
They might, but they gotta get past Sinton, La Grange, or Bridge City.

bohemian
05-14-2002, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't say Commerce dominated in the state football game. In fact they got dominated but won the part that counts the most--the score. If they played LaGrange 10 times they may win 2 or 3 out of the 10. 17-4 in first downs, 3 to 1 in total yards and time of possession in favor of LG doesn't reflect a Commerce dominance. Does it?

Matthew328
05-14-2002, 08:30 PM
I was more referring to Region 2 as whole dominating the state in tittles....because Everman didn't exactly dominate Sinton in the tittle game either..it was more a reference to the region as a whole..not one specific game or team

Jacket2000
05-14-2002, 10:26 PM
Actually, it seems that Region 2 is dominating the state...period.
5A
Football-both state championships
Basketball-Girls: state champs, Boys:state finalist
Track-Boys and girls state champions

4A
Basketball-Girls:state finalists, Boys: state champs and mythical national champs
Track-Boys and girls state champions

3A
Basketball-Girls:I dont know, Boys: both state finalists, and state champs
Track-girls: state champions, Boys:state champions and first two runners up

2A
Football-One state champion, one state finalist
Basketball and track-I dont know

1A
Football-state finalist
Dont know about the other sports

It seems to me that there isnt much question as to which is the dominant region.
J2K

Matthew328
05-15-2002, 10:03 PM
Actually the 4A Boys state champ was FW Wyatt..who is in Region 1..but you were close J2K...think about it....that kid from SA Jay doesn't hit that miracle shot at the buzzer in the 5A hoops tittle game that means another tittle for Region 2..

DAWGfan
05-15-2002, 11:41 PM
Watch out for those Wylie Bulldogs(24-5) in region 1...they have been unstoppable since their first district loss in 54 district games...they can pitch, play solid defense...and like always they can really hit the ball up and down the lineup!!!