PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Tigers @ Texas Rangers - game 1

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2011, 10:38 PM
What's better than Detroit reaching the ALCS? Beating the Yankees to get there. :D

Texas will be facing Verlander in this game and I like his chances against the Rangers lineup and anybody that Washington puts on the mound.

Y'alls thoughts?

zebrablue2
10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
I say, GO RANGERS!! Kick some tigger butt...

regaleagle
10-07-2011, 12:15 AM
YEEHAA!!! No Yankees. We don't have to play in that ballpark with their loaded lefty line-up and short RF porch. Besides, I love it when the best team money can buy has to take a seat and watch. GO RANGERS!!

Farmersfan
10-07-2011, 07:17 AM
I guess maybe the Yankees will have to spent 200 million more than the rest of the league in order to win another title.................... LOL

Tin Cup
10-07-2011, 10:53 AM
It will be extremely tough to beat Verlander once, much less twice. The rotation sets up extremely well for the Tigers after getting by the Yanks. Let's hope the bats are red hot and Verlander is off just enough.

Game 1 prediction
Rangers 2
Tigers 1

Macarthur
10-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Verlander is tough, but I think the Rangers are the better team. Win in 7.

waterboy
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I predict it'll take two long balls to win Game 1. I don't know who will hit them, but I think it'll take three runs to win. I hope it's the Rangers.

Phil C
10-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Go Rangers!

Phil C
10-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I guess maybe the Yankees will have to spent 200 million more than the rest of the league in order to win another title.................... LOL

Isn't that a shame Farmersfan? And also what a shame that the Miami Heat spent all that money to get James and the others and they still couldn't beat the Mavericks for the NBA title.

:)

GrTigers6
10-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I dont remember when it was, but the Rangers have beaten Verlander this year with Ogando as the pitcher for the Rangers. I believe it was 2-1. Anyone remember that? SPortscenter talked about it this am but didnt say when it was

Roughneck93
10-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I dont remember when it was, but the Rangers have beaten Verlander this year with Ogando as the pitcher for the Rangers. I believe it was 2-1. Anyone remember that? SPortscenter talked about it this am but didnt say when it wasTexas went 3-6 vs Detroit this year and Ogando got all three victories against them. CJ better rebound tomorrow after getter hammered by Tampa. It's going to take a great effort facing Verlander. He's a little season recap head to head between the two. http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4873178/rewind-rangers-vs-tigers-in-2011

Tejastrue
10-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Wilson will indeed need to shape up but I like overall the pitchers we have. Yes, we could always have one just a little bit better and there really is no big name pitcher on our staff like a Verlander but this time of year the hoopla around winning the most games (Yankees) and Cy Young stuff mean nothing. Look at the Phillies pitching right now...not exactly looking like world beaters. I think this will go six games...Rangers are back in the WS

regaleagle
10-07-2011, 12:05 PM
The Rangers are now at full strength, something that they were not for most of the season. The pitching is good, the hitting can be great. The Tigers have Verlander for 3 games if it goes to 7 games. The Rangers just need to win once against Verlander and and lose once against one of the Tigers other starters. I don't know how this series will end up, but it will be a battle for the Rangers, unless CJ does well in Game 1 at home. If the Rangers win this first game at home against their No. 1, then the whole series immediately changes. Texas could then win in 4 or 5.

GrTigers6
10-07-2011, 12:10 PM
The Rangers are now at full strength, something that they were not for most of the season. The pitching is good, the hitting can be great. The Tigers have Verlander for 3 games if it goes to 7 games. The Rangers just need to win once against Verlander and and lose once against one of the Tigers other starters. I don't know how this series will end up, but it will be a battle for the Rangers, unless CJ does well in Game 1 at home. If the Rangers win this first game at home against their No. 1, then the whole series immediately changes. Texas could then win in 4 or 5.:iagree:
It all will be determined by tomorrow, If Rangers beat verlander than its all open. If they dont then they start to doubt themselves and may take 7 games to get it done, But I think they get it done. They are determined to win it all this year to prove that last year was not a fluke

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Before the season started, there was one team coming into this year that the Rangers haven't played well against and was hoping they wouldn't meet each other in the playoffs and that was Detriot.
But after seeing how much improved they are from last year and even though Detriot won the season series, the Rangers when healthy are not a team you want to face. Rangers led the majors in striking out the fewest times so they will put the ball in play.

Rangers in 6!

eagles_victory
10-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Isn't that a shame Farmersfan? And also what a shame that the Miami Heat spent all that money to get James and the others and they still couldn't beat the Mavericks for the NBA title.

:) Mavericks had a higher payroll. So you can't really make the comparison.

Sweetwater Red
10-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Rangers, Tigers line up rotations.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The pitching rotations for the AL Championship Series came into clearer view on Friday.

Derek Holland will start Game 2 for the Texas Rangers, manager Ron Washington confirmed. C.J. Wilson is starting Game 1 Saturday night in Arlington.

Tigers manager Jim Leyland said that Justin Verlander will start Game 1 with Rick Porcello going up against Holland in Game 2. Doug Fister will pitch Game 3 and Max Scherzer in Game 4.

More on the Rangers
Richard Durrett and the ESPNDallas.com team have the inside scoop on the Rangers, the American League and Major League Baseball. Blog | ESPN Dallas

Leyland's plan is to pitch Verlander again in Game 5 and have Porcello and then Fister for Games 6 and 7.

The Rangers have not set the rest of their rotation, but if the club sticks with what it did in the AL Division Series, then Colby Lewis will start Game 3 and Matt Harrison in Game 4.

Holland, who was 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA in the regular season, gave up three runs (one earned because of a throwing error by Holland) in 6 1/3 innings in Game 2 of the ALDS.

"I like C.J. and Holland back to back," Washington said. "That's what I did in the first round and it worked. So I'm going to stick with it."

Washington said he had "no qualms about Colby pitching anywhere," but Lewis' road splits have been much better than at home (ERA is more than two runs better away from Arlington).

"There's something to be said for his experience," Washington said.

The Tigers have all right-handed pitching, so the Rangers plan on going with David Murphy in left field with Josh Hamilton in center and Nelson Cruz in right. Michael Young will be the designated hitter and bat cleanup and Mitch Moreland will start at first base. Washington said that could change and that Endy Chavez could get some time in games late.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/7072251/2011-alcs-texas-rangers-detroit-tigers-line-rotations-alcs

Tejastrue
10-08-2011, 11:58 PM
What's better than Detroit reaching the ALCS? Beating the Yankees to get there. :D

Texas will be facing Verlander in this game and I like his chances against the Rangers lineup and anybody that Washington puts on the mound.

Y'alls thoughts?

I know it's one game but what are your thoughts now?