PDA

View Full Version : Track Standouts

kaorder1999
01-12-2003, 08:22 PM
WEll..Since DaBryan Blanton and Edorian M. have moved on to college....who are going to be the track and field standouts in the DFW area to watch?? ANyone know??

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Well, I don't know about any standouts in the D/FW area, but I do know of a standout down in the Rio Grande Valley.....3ADownLow's very own KoolTarpon 21, Misael "Missle" Iracheta. He is the defending 3A State Champion in the 400m run, and is only a junior. Keep and eye out for him.

Goat70
01-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Chris Smith from Groesbeck should be a contender he has been to the state meet the past 2 years in the 100 and 200 both times losing to Blanton from Forney.

Kool Tarpon 21
01-14-2003, 11:53 PM
I would like to know on this topic too. I remember watching DaBryan Blanton run last year. He is FAST!!! I remembered he lost in the 200m though. I don't know who he lost to, but I know he got 2nd. I was disappointed because I'm sorta like his fan. He has tremendous speed. Who are the track standouts for Region IV? I would like to know on that too. Well, does anyone know? Feel free to comment. Laterz.

Keith7
01-15-2003, 12:41 AM
Goat70:
Chris Smith from Groesbeck should be a contender he has been to the state meet the past 2 years in the 100 and 200 both times losing to Blanton from Forney.Last year Robert Franklin from Gainesville won the 200.. and he also got 2nd in the 100... so Chris smith had to get thrid... but Desmond Sherrer Finished 3rd at the state meet in 400 last year.. should look for him to better that this year..

Kool Tarpon 21
01-16-2003, 07:11 PM
I knew someone had beaten Blanton on one of the races. I remember watching him lose. I also remember Sherrer. He got third place on the 400m dash. He looked a little disappointed. I know he's going to do well this year. Who else is there to watch out for this year?

nigelmer
01-16-2003, 07:26 PM
How about the 3A 800 meter runners? I know the kid from Muleshoe ran away from everybody last year, but has graduated. Who are the front runners in the 800??

sntnpirate1316
01-16-2003, 10:26 PM
look for Bubba Heard from Sinton
he set school and district records last year as a junior
runs the 400 is under 50 seconds and triple jumps over 45'

crzyjournalist03
01-16-2003, 10:40 PM
If it counts for anything, I placed 5th in my district in the JV 1600 m last year (also the only race I placed in all year after converting from a sprinter in late February), but I must apologize to everybody out there as I have decided (at least temporarily) to hang up my cleats. You won't see me running at any meets this year, but watch out for those Forney boys in the 1600 and 3200. Last year, we had 3 guys break 5 minutes in the 1600 at district, and two are returning this year.

Keith7
01-16-2003, 11:15 PM
I never wanted to try to embarass myself at tryin out for track.. i'm not slow but not fast enough.. esp. here at gainesville where speed is our best asset

<small>[ January 16, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Kool Tarpon 21
01-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey, being in JV is nothing to be embarrassed of. You gotta start somewhere. You gradually improve on your speed if you put an effort to better yourself. As a freshmen, I ran track and qualified for regionals for the 400m and the 200m. When I got to Kingsville, I never thought I was gonna make it to the finals. To my surprise, I made it to the finals in both events. I placed 6th place on the 400m, and last place on the 200m. Well, my excuse for the 200m is that I didn't get enough rest because I ran the 400m then rested for the 300m hurdles and then ran the 200m. I mean, I wouldn't have gotten first or anything, but I could of done a little better. Anyways, then last year, I made it to regionals for the Sprint Relay, 400m, and 200m. We got 6th on the relay. I was just trying to improve on my freshmen year's place for the 400m and the 200m. I ended up getting 1st in the 400m and 4th in the 200m. Well, I had accomplished another goal, that was to get a better place than the year before. Then at the state track meet, all I wanted was not to get last. I don't know how I did it, but I ended up getting first again. I was as astonished as anyone in Port Isabel. I mean, I did train hard, but I never thought I was gonna go that far. I don't know how I'm gonna do this year. Hopefully, I will improve my time. So as you can see, you start somewhere and gradually improve. So never give up on what you do. I don't know why you are not running this year. I think you should and set your goals. That's the way to get better. My goal this year is to improve my time, even if I don't win or even make it to regionals. That's my goal and I know I can achieve it if I work hard. Well, think about it. Laterz!!!

jason
01-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Another Forney speedster...Baylen Laury...not quite as fast as DaBryan, but who is ??

Keith7
01-17-2003, 04:18 PM
jason:
Another Forney speedster...Baylen Laury...not quite as fast as DaBryan, but who is ??Robert Franklin was last year... in case you missed my post earlier on this topic.. he got beat DeBryan in the 200.. even after compeating in the 100m and the long jump

Kool Tarpon 21
01-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Yeah, both those guys were fast. It was a very close race for the 200m. Franklin barely managed to beat Blanton. I was surprised someone beat Blanton though. Well, hopefully this year it will be as exciting as last year. Laterz!!!

MARLINFAN
01-20-2003, 09:35 AM
hey did lewis hyman from hearne graduate.

06_star_rtx
01-20-2003, 12:01 PM
yeah he did... I think that he went to Baylor maybe.

etcoach
01-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Little known fact; Blanton had been battling a strep infection the week before the state meet-not making excuses, just stating facts. Dallas Washington(Atlanta) should be a factor in the 800. Qualified for state as a freshman and soph. Will be a Jr.

Phil C
01-22-2003, 10:31 AM
I agree with you sntnpirate that Bubba Heard should do well in track again this spring. He was also our star running back last fall. I have also tried to encourage him to also go out for baseball because he is fast and would make a good base runner on our team like Marcus Charles did last year and really helped the team a lot with his speed on the bases.

southern_thunder
01-22-2003, 12:41 PM
Keep an eye on the Jasper team as a whole should be able to to have all three relays with 12 different guys at the district meet then have to start combining at the regionals. James Bass will be good in the sprints and Terence Bean got second in the high hurdles last year in 4A should be good again this year. Of course this all depends on getting the seniors out for track.

TexasToast
01-28-2003, 09:30 PM
I think your rigt Phil. Bubba Heard was super last year, and me and my family are looking forward to watchin him and the runners compete. I remember that show they put on at district, pretty much sweeping the meet. I believe Bubba Heard took 5 Gold Medal, and Marcus Charles took 3 gold and 2 silver. I went to the kingsville meet and I was surprised to see the outcome of the finals in the 400. I remember Heard didnt run the mile relay in he prelims, and the next day cruised around the track and got 4th I think. Im sure it was from fear of another heat exhaustion problem,although I dont see why he ran at all. Then to our surprise the Port Isabel fellow took 1st at State!! I would of loved to see Heard compete for that one, along w/ the 2nd place relay finish.( a good one)Anyone know what Sintons team is looking like this year? I know theyve been strong the past few years.

Kool Tarpon 21
01-28-2003, 11:44 PM
I was terrified of everybody at the regional track meet. I didn't think I was capable of running pretty good. I know I saw Heard there. I think he is a pretty good runner I don't see him as doing bad this year. I hope he races how he knows he can race. I want to see him at his best. Well, I have to start running now. It's about time to start. Well, see you all later. LATERZ!!!...

keep_it_real
01-29-2003, 12:21 AM
I have respect for Lewis "E" Hyman because he qualified since his freshmen year in the 100 as well, but his senior year he had no heart and would let up when he would get passed, he was a total different runner then from his previous 3 years. I believe he plays football now for Baylor, and supposedly runs track too.

keep_it_real
01-29-2003, 12:22 AM
he was from Hearne

TexasToast
01-29-2003, 07:13 PM
to be truthfull, im glad Heard took it easy on that final 400. The first one took him out of the mile realy, I believed he suffered from heat exhaustion. Jurach did a great job, but it looked like they needed all Heard had to bring it in in the finals. So im glad he got out there, but just didnt risk it. Im think it has somethin to do with the competition, and how bad you want it cuz they all ran so much faster at state, which im sure you did too huh Tarpon. Did you happen to stay for that one? wut a race!!

Emmett Lyons#7
01-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Sup guys I know you haven't heard from me in a while, because I haven't visited this site since we lost to Forney in football. Well, enough of that I'd like to suggest a runner by the name of Thaddeus Greene of Wills Point. Thaddeus posted a time of 10.34 seconds last year and I think the he should get some consideration for the region 2 crown. He had the best time coming into the regional meet last year barely edging Blanton, but he suffered an injury in on the sprint relay and posted a very slow time in the 100. So, remember the name Thaddeus Greene he should be in Austin come state time.

Texas_Flash
01-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Ronald I'som of Elgin will be a track standout this year very fast. Ran 4.27 40yd legit at college combine recieved 3rd in district last year next to leslie loving and omant wash both state competitors in the 100 and 200 meters but Ronald will run a legit 10.50, summer track AAU he has been timed in the 100 at 10.37 and in the 200 meter 20.76 he can run if he wants to.

Texas_Flash
01-30-2003, 04:11 PM
I'som was also an alternate for the 4x400 state championship relay as a freshmen back in 2000 and 3rd place in the 4x100 in the state track meet in 02'he has WHEEEEELS.

Kool Tarpon 21
01-31-2003, 11:02 AM
So there is more competition this year than last year? That is good to know. That way everyone will prevail at improving themselves. I hope I get to see a lot of people at Regionals. Well, if I make it. I didn't know that Heard took it easy at the Regional track meet. I would have wanted him to actually run his best. Well, I guess everything happens for a reason. Well, I hope he tries this year.

TexasToast
01-31-2003, 07:04 PM
YEA me too tarpon....He just didnt want to take that chance and end up like he did the day before...and it turned out to be a pretty close one in the relay....Well looks like another exciting season, should be fun...Goodluck to you and your team Tarpon....ill be in them stands

LG_DB
02-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Is Isom still in jail? and where is the region 3 meet going to be held?

Texas_Flash
02-03-2003, 11:12 AM
I'som never went to jail, thats a rumor get over it LG, you're just mad because you're guy's cant compete with Elgins squad,so why dont you guys just shut up and compete stop always looking for somthing negative to say! stay positive and be an athlete just compete. P.s. "track is I'som sport not football, so just watch and see"

Texas_Flash
02-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Does any one know about any talent in the 24 3a district, La grange ,Elgin ,Manor, Giddings, Smithville and hutto I hear smithville and Hutto both have talented track boys , but you can never forget about Manor and Giddings they always have a few good track boys.

LG_DB
02-04-2003, 12:36 AM
dont jump my case i just had heard that i was just asking!!! what all does he run???

big daddy russ
02-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Did Isom really run a 4.27? I thought Leslie Loving was Elgin's fastest guy last year. I know I'm kicking a horse that's been dead for a week now, but I'm always skeptical of a 4.3 especially if it's by someone who wasn't in Austin to run the 100, 200 or 400.