PDA

View Full Version : Dont see much talk about Prosper vs Lovejoy

Gsquared
10-06-2011, 06:58 AM
but this should be one heck of a game. Winner will more than likely win the District Championship IMO.

BILLYFRED0000
10-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Yeah and I don't think lovejoy can hang with the eagles. not this year.

Gsquared
10-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah and I don't think lovejoy can hang with the eagles. not this year.
You might be right. I was impressed with Lovejoys defensive line the one time I saw them and think they are underrated as a team, however, it sure does look like Prosper has found thier stroke.

bobcat1
10-06-2011, 08:54 AM
I look for this game to be competitive with Prosper pulling it out in the end.

Farmersfan
10-06-2011, 09:41 AM
but this should be one heck of a game. Winner will more than likely win the District Championship IMO.

I think I agree with this. Although I was very, very impressed with the spread offense and passing attack by the Farmers in the last game against VA I don't expect them to give either of these teams much of a battle. I think Prosper takes 1st in the district and Princton battles Lovejoy for the 2nd spot. I said this before the season even started and don't see a reason to change now. The Farmers should take the 4th spot in the district but Lonestar might have something to say about that.

regaleagle
10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Prosper is the more complete football team without question. Whether Lovejoy has an answer for their size and contain Mr. Everything we will see. I know Argyle had the homecoming disruption and was not ready when we played Prosper, but we will get a rematch. I still believe Prosper is a 2 td better team than Lovejoy this week.

Leopard4Life
10-06-2011, 12:32 PM
There are a few things in Prospers favor:

1. Prosper plays at home
2. Prosper is coming off a bye
3. Lovejoy is pretty banged up, especially their secondary, and now that Prosper is executing their spread so well that is definitely a bad thing for the Leopards.
4. Lovejoy continually shoots themselves in the foot, and I mean continually. They make big plays then turn the ball over, and let’s not even start with the “penalties against”. Lovejoy had so many penalties in the Abilene Wylie game I think I saw a ref icing his arm after the game.

I’m hoping Prosper got a big head over their win over Argyle, especially considering how Argyle dismantled Lovejoy, and are expecting an easy blowout. This is highly unlikely because the coaching staff will have them prepared with two full weeks to prep and watch film. Prosper will be looking for a pound of flesh since Lovejoy knocked them out of the 2009 playoffs (24-14) and then beating Prosper (42-21) to win the district in 2010.

Since no one in this thread has picked Lovejoy to win, and it appears I’m the first poster from Lovejoy or Prosper, I’ll take Lovejoy to win. They have shown a lot of heart through all this injuries and with a QB who has to go both ways providing leadership by example I think this Lovejoy team might just surprise some people. Also, I’m a total homer!!!

Old Tiger
10-06-2011, 12:42 PM
lovejoy rolls prosper

Gsquared
10-06-2011, 12:44 PM

1. Prosper plays at home
3. Lovejoy is pretty banged up, especially their secondary, and now that Prosper is executing their spread so well that is definitely a bad thing for the Leopards.
4. Lovejoy continually shoots themselves in the foot, and I mean continually. They make big plays then turn the ball over, and let’s not even start with the “penalties against”. Lovejoy had so many penalties in the Abilene Wylie game I think I saw a ref icing his arm after the game.

I’m hoping Prosper got a big head over their win over Argyle, especially considering how Argyle dismantled Lovejoy, and are expecting an easy blowout. This is highly unlikely because the coaching staff will have them prepared with two full weeks to prep and watch film. Prosper will be looking for a pound of flesh since Lovejoy knocked them out of the 2009 playoffs (24-14) and then beating Prosper (42-21) to win the district in 2010.

Since no one in this thread has picked Lovejoy to win, and it appears I’m the first poster from Lovejoy or Prosper, I’ll take Lovejoy to win. They have shown a lot of heart through all this injuries and with a QB who has to go both ways providing leadership by example I think this Lovejoy team might just surprise some people. Also, I’m a total homer!!!

I for one still believe Lovejoy is a good team.

BullBoy
10-06-2011, 12:52 PM
lovejoy rolls prosper

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/bulls06/imagesCABW0Y9R.jpg

There's a higher chance of it being the other way around.

Old Tiger
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM

There's a higher chance of it being the other way around.Nope....calling it now!

bobcat1
10-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Lovejoy had so many penalties in the Abilene Wylie game I think I saw a ref icing his arm after the game.

:spitlol:I think this is the funniest thing I have read this week!

BullBoy
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Nope....calling it now!

Then I'm calling it too!

Prosper wins BIG!

Leopard4Life
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM

There's a higher chance of it being the other way around.

I guess if any team know about being rolled by Prosper it would be Bridgeport...

BullBoy
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I guess if any team know about being rolled by Prosper it would be Bridgeport...Lovejoy will know about it on Friday as well when they get rolled over. You said it yourself, your team is banged up and they make too many mistakes.

Leopard4Life
10-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Lovejoy will know about it on Friday as well when they get rolled over.

Even a banged up Lovejoy squad against a Prosper team coming off a bye and looking for revenge won't get rolled 49-7!

BILLYFRED0000
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Even a banged up Lovejoy squad against a Prosper team coming off a bye and looking for revenge won't get rolled 49-7!

Never say never...... my pappy used to say....

Leopard4Life
10-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Never say never...... my pappy used to say....

Didn't use the word Never...

Leopard4Life
10-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I for one still believe Lovejoy is a good team.

Gsquared, you never said either way which team you think will win. Are you a politician or HR rep?

PHOP
10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I agree this is going to be a good game
Equally I think Prosper has found their groove- wish they would have done it sooner in the year
These may be the best two teams in the district but I wouldn't discount Princeton...Does anyone know how they are doing this year?

Leopard4Life
10-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I agree this is going to be a good game
Equally I think Prosper has found their groove- wish they would have done it sooner in the year
These may be the best two teams in the district but I wouldn't discount Princeton...Does anyone know how they are doing this year?

Princeton is 3-2, with losses to Commerce and Sanger, they beat Van Alstyne by 7, with VA's QB out. They play Frisco Lonestar on Friday so we will pretty much know 1st, 2nd and 3rd for 11-3a. If Princeton rolls through Lonestar then 2nd and 3rd could be up for grabs.

MesquiteFan
10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
There are four teams at 3-2 in the district, although I'd say Prosper's 3-2 would hold up over Lovejoy's 3-2 and Princeton's 3-2 and all three would destroy Lone Star's 3-2 (speaking by strength of schedule). It's going to take an inspiring performance from Lovejoy's defense (like the one against Celina last year) to win tonight. This defense has given up the most points, the most yards, and gotten the fewest takeaways through 5 games in its history this year, although injuries of course play a role in that. But, they have to be better tonight in order to win.

By the way, this game will be broadcast online. www.sportsgram.net

There is a Lovejoy and a Prosper feed since Sportsgram covers both schools. With that said, listen to the Lovejoy feed. :wave:

regaleagle
10-07-2011, 01:30 PM
If Lovejoy can't shut down qb Javelle Allen, it will be a long nite for them. I'm sure the Lovejoy coaches learned something about Allen watching film of the Argyle game, which displayed each teams weaknesses more than any other game. Aune could not hit a pass, and when he did, the recievers dropped them. Some wide open tosses were off the mark all night, and some very good passes on the money were dropped. That was the way it went in the second half. We gave Prosper too many opportuniites, and they were good enough to take advantage of it. They did play field position effectively, mainly because Argyle went on so many short drives, then had to punt or turned the ball over. You can't win like that. Tonite we will see what Lovejoy has learned, and if Prosper is really that solid.

OldNavy
10-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Princeton is 3-2, with losses to Commerce and Sanger, they beat Van Alstyne by 7, with VA's QB out. They play Frisco Lonestar on Friday so we will pretty much know 1st, 2nd and 3rd for 11-3a. If Princeton rolls through Lonestar then 2nd and 3rd could be up for grabs.

Princeton 48, Frisco Lone Star 35 last night. Don't see Princeton losing to Community or Farmersville.

Leopard4Life
10-08-2011, 10:16 AM

1. Prosper plays at home

Well my 3rd item in the above list was dead on. The secondary proved to be Lovejoy's undoing. Javelle Allen and the Hunter brothers played catch. They weren't even covered; no one for Lovejoy was back deep.

Sadly enough the final score of 55 - 21 wasn't even that close. Lovejoy's offense never scored on Prosper's "D", until Prosper brought the backup's in. Prosper never pulled the starters until the last series where their backup QB attempted one play then downed the ball twice. If Lovejoy's secondary doesn't wake up and start covering the deep routes they won't even make the playoffs this year.

Prosper is the real deal!!! Most athletic 3A team, on both sides of the ball, I've ever watched (including last years Henderson team and LE from 09). Only possible weaknesses are special teams (Lovejoy had several 50 + yard returns that were one defender away from pay dirt), and Javelle Allen, QB, doesn't protect the ball when he runs. He tends to hold the ball out to try to get more yards and a heads up defender can strip the ball.

Prosper will walk through District 11-3A. I think the scores will be closer than this game because Prosper will call off the dog’s earlier against everyone else in 11-3A. Mainly to get their backups some PT in case they are needed for the playoff’s. Prosper’s backups could probably go 3-2 or better in district.

This year's D2 Bracket should get real interesting. This is Prosper's last shot before going 4A.

MoveInDad
10-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Every time I think of the system that places Prosper in the D2 bracket, on the eve of moving up to 4A... and of course Celina in D1 with minimum 3A numbers, it reminds me of the phrase 'lunatics in charge of the asylum'.