PDA

View Full Version : a prayer from a self professing weak dad....

trojandad
10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
just saw a friends page...a picture of him and his wife kneeling in front of their sons casket...

God, i dont say this NEARLY enough, but thank you that ive never had to kneel that kneel...its like the antithesis of heaven, my mind cant wrap itself around the beauty of one, or the sorrow of the other....i thank you that you consider me too weak to live thru that experience....

test me any way You need, do whatever you need to do to me, just please spare me that one test....thank You....

and bless my friend, my words are useless.....

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2011, 04:34 PM
:(

I'm so sorry. I don't know how people survive that heartbreak and you're right, there are no words...

trojandad
10-05-2011, 04:42 PM
:(

I'm so sorry. I don't know how people survive that heartbreak and you're right, there are no words...

the poor moms face is the very definition of complete devestation, she is just in pieces...and dads face just looks like he lost all memory, doesnt even know his name...grief at that level just breaks us in so many ways...

i called both of mine immediately...."yea, dad, im fine, im kinda busy, can i catch you later?"....."yes, son, anytime its convenient for you over the next 60 years will be great with me".....

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2011, 04:51 PM
lol...kids...gotta love 'em. I am thankful that I see my three on a regular basis...heck, they leave and keep coming back. :)

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
My daughter ust turned 17 and is driving, every night I say a prayer that I dont get a dreaded call

Old Dog
10-05-2011, 05:44 PM
When I was around 30 years old, I asked my mother, when are you gona quit worrying about me and my sibling. She looked me straight in the eye and said, "when they slam the lid on my casket". Now as a Dad myself, I understand!!!

Leopard4Life
10-05-2011, 11:28 PM
No parent should out live his children. My poor grandfather has buried four out of five sons, two wives and and three grandchildren. At 91 I don't know how much more loss he can take.

My prayers go out to your friend and his family, let's hope none of us have to see a picture like that and pray we are never in a picture like that.

zebrablue2
10-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Prayers said and sent!!!

trojandad
10-06-2011, 11:37 AM
No parent should out live his children. My poor grandfather has buried four out of five sons, two wives and and three grandchildren. At 91 I don't know how much more loss he can take.

My prayers go out to your friend and his family, let's hope none of us have to see a picture like that and pray we are never in a picture like that.

your grandfather has to be the strongest man ever created to assume such hits....

my great grandmother was a BEAUTIFUL woman that couldnt have children, yet her beauty attracted her to 5 husbands, every last one of which she outlived but assumed the roll of mother for each mans kids...she ended up being "mother" to 14....she lost 9 of them during her lifetime, including the grandfather who raised me until the age of 12 before passing...

on her own deathbed, i was alone with her and asked which was harder to lose, a husband or a child....she said "oh son, im supposed to love each husband, im supposed to protect each child"....when i told her that my grandfather told me that he completely forgot that she wasnt his birth mother because he loved her that much, she said thru tears "i told them to put another pillow under his head in that casket, they didnt do it so i gave him my pillow to rest on"....

even AFTER the casket closes, i guess we'll never stop being parents.....:crying:

trojandad
10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
My daughter ust turned 17 and is driving, every night I say a prayer that I dont get a dreaded call

i will pray for her, my family and i....my boys survived more than one accident safely, i completely understand....