Madisonville W 40-7
Willis L 35-28
Rudder W 31-7
Cameron Yoe W 42-21
Wharton W 54-0

Thoughts on the Region III GotW?

buff4ever
10-04-2011, 08:26 AM
I would be very surprised is Rockdale is still in it with 4 minutes left in the game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Other than 2007 (I believe), when Navasota won 21-14 @ Rockdale, the Tigers don't seem to matchup well with the Rattlers. IMO, this year will be no different.

Rattlers 42-14.

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Rockdale Tigers at Navasota Rattlers

Records: Rockdale 3-2 (0-0 in 23-3A); Navasota 4-1 (0-0 in 23-3A)

Last year: Navasota 36, Rockdale 7

Last week: Rockdale had an open date; Navasota 54, Wharton 0

Radio: 98.5 FM KRXT; 1550 AM KWBC

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota b 25 points

Next: Smithville at Rockdale; La Grange at Navasota

ronwx5x
10-06-2011, 07:06 AM
This is the game I hoped to attend, but out of town friends are coming to visit. I will miss my weekly t-shirt game!

StangEm
10-06-2011, 09:15 AM
The force is strong with Coach Fedora and the boys in this one....

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Navasota's Junior QB continues to put up impressive numbers!

http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/sports/article_e865e1c8-ef80-11e0-a6e9-001cc4c03286.html

Kadarius Baker found himself in a battle for the starting quarterback position just one week before the season started. Last week, he found himself one touchdown pass short of a state record.

Baker, the junior starting quarterback for Navasota, tossed a whopping seven touchdown passes in a 54-0 win over Wharton on homecoming night.

Neither Baker nor Rattler head coach Lee Fedora knew how many scoring strikes had been thrown nor how close to the record he really was.

"I'm not one for running up the score, and by that time of the game we were just trying to run the ball," Fedora said. "And the great thing about Kadarius is that he doesn't get all caught up in stats. We would have kept doing what we were doing."

The scoring barrage began on Navasota's first offensive play when Baker dropped back, eluded a potential sack, found more time and then hit a striding Jacob Malek for a 78-yard pass to give the Rattler s a 7-0 lead.

Baker threw touchdowns to five different receivers, including a 16-yard pass to Xavier Creeks, a 64-yard pass to Austin Collins, a 26-yarder to Austin Baumert and three touchdowns to Solomon McGinty (28, 21 and 6 yards).

Before the game, the line tells me they'll take care of me," Baker said. "When I'm back there, I know I have nothing to worry about and coach Fedora always calls great plays and we always have great receivers who are going to get open."

Baker finished the game 17-of-22 for 328 yards and no interceptions. He had more touchdowns than he had incomplete passes (7-to-5) and his quarterback rating for the game was a mind-boggling 234.7.

For the year, Baker has completed 80-of-123 passes for 1,336 yards, 16 touchdowns and zero interceptions.

The state record for touchdown passes in a single game is eight, which is held by eight different players. Until 2007, there had only been three.

"I've never had a quarterback throw for seven touchdowns and I've never been in a game where a quarterback had thrown for that many," Fedora said. "Kadarius stand in the pocket very stoic and makes good decisions. The thing I like is that a lot of his completions aren't to the first read, but they're to the second and third reads. He's very good at checking down."

Navasota's first seven touchdowns were on passing plays. Once the 47-0 lead was built about midway through the third quarter, the Rattlers went strictly to the run game. Running back Derek Byrd returned from an injury to make his season debut, and he led the Rattlers with 93 rushing yards and a touchdown on eight carries. His 5-yard touchdown run capped all scoring. Cesar Barron tacked on his sixth extra point to make it 54-0.

Wharton made an offensive drive late in the game and threatened the goal line. Several starting defensive backs on Navasota's sideline pleaded with the coaching staff to go in to preserve the shutout - it worked.

The Navasota defense held Wharton to just 171 total yards and 10 first downs - most of it late in the game. Navasota rushed for 242 yards. Howard Horn returned from an injury to roll up 78 yards on 12 carries. Jalen Woods, Xavier Creeks, Malek and Baker each registered carries and yards. Collins led all receivers with 126 yards on six catches. McGinty had 74 yards on six catches, half of his receptions for touchdowns. Jamison Coles had one reception. Creeks had one interception he returned for 22 yards.

The Rattlers were near flawless on the night. They had zero penalties, zero punts and zero turnovers. Only a missed extra-point kick, missed two-point conversion and missed 47-yard field goal attempt are the only visible hiccups on a game played on a rather perfect, cool, Fall evening before a standing-room only crowd for homecoming.

Up next - Rockdale

The Rockdale Tigers come to Rattler Stadium this Friday at 7:30 p.m. for the District 23-3A opener. The Tigers are 3-2 on the season, including a 13-10 win over Madisonville in their last game on Sept. 23. Navasota won last year's game, 36-7, in Rockdale.

State Rankings

Navasota is ranked No. 14 in this week's Associated Press Class 3A poll of state sports writers. The Rattlers are No. 13 in Dave Campbell's Texas Football's weekly rankings. Navasota is the only District 23-3A team in the top 15 in either poll, and Tyler Chapel Hill is No. 1 in both polls.

Wharton coach

While the Navasota football team awaited coach Lee Fedora's postgame remarks, Wharton football coach Brad Wright addressed the Rattlers.

"You guys have a heck of a football team," Wright told the players. "I hope to see you keep this up and keep on going."

Coach BS
10-06-2011, 01:26 PM
This is the game I hoped to attend, but out of town friends are coming to visit. I will miss my weekly t-shirt game!Probably not a real good game to go too. I'm either going to this one or Giddings /LaGrange I've seen Rockdale/Smithville but i'd like too see Navasota & Giddings Guess i will decide fri morning

87 TIGER
10-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Rockdale is already thin, but 2 two way starters on the o line and d line are probably not going to play due to injury. Thats not good. I'm still pulling for the upset Come on Tigers!!

87 TIGER
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Whats the best place to eat in Navasota?? Not Wranglers

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Whats the best place to eat in Navasota?? Not Wranglers

You may be better off stopping in College Station if you are coming that direction. I don't have any personal favorites in Navasota anymore.

87 TIGER
10-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks Hemo but I was hoping to find a place in Navasota because I have to be there at 5 for the vollyball game then I wanted to eat before the football game. Guess I'll have to grab some fastfood dang it

Roughneck93
10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Rattlers roll.

ExScoop
10-07-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't see this as being a close game-The Rattlers have been rolling and put 54 points on a weak Wharton team last week. If they score half that much-they will win easily

striker
10-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Navasota v. Rockdale

Listen to the game LIVE at www.navasotanews.com

striker
10-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Navasota 14 - Rockdale 0 End of 1st

striker
10-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Navasota 26 - Rockdale 0 11:10 in the 3rd

striker
10-07-2011, 09:21 PM
End of 3rd Quarter - Navasota 40 - Rockdale 14

striker
10-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Navasota 53 - Rockdale 14 with 4:15 left in the 4th

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Good win Rattlers!

Hope that I don't come across as being conceited or even arrogant, but, I am not sure how good Navasota is right now. Navasota has only been challenged once this season in the loss to 4A Willis (35-28). In that game, the Rattlers gave up all 35 points in the first half. After beating Wharton 54-0 (54-0 was the score at the end of the 3rd Q), Wharton beat Sweeny 34-28 tonight and loss to Columbus by a couple. BTW, Columbus loss to Smithville by 6. Then, Rockdale comes to town. 40-0 was the score before the Tigers got on the board on a kick return that Navasota thought that the player was down as they stopped playing. Then, the second score came on a good drive by the Tigers after a fumble on the following kick off. The final score was 53-14, but, IMO, the score probably would/could have been much worse... And, I am talking Navasota 60 or 70 to Rockdale's 7. Is Rockdale really that down? They gave Abilene Wylie quite the scare and loss to Liberty Hill 27-20. I know that only time will tell, but, Navasota is really playing some good ball right now.

trojandad
10-08-2011, 09:05 AM
congrats...

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2011, 09:05 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/Navasota-rolls-past-Rockdale-in-district-opener--6704181

Navasota rolls past Rockdale in district opener

By SCOTT CLENDENIN
Special to The Eagle

NAVASOTA -- Navasota easily overcame a couple of special teams miscues in the second half for a 53-14 victory over Rockdale to open District 23-3A play Friday.

Quarterback Kadarius Baker again led Navasota's powerful offense. Baker hit 14 of 19 passes for 143 yards and two touchdowns while rushing for 95 yards and three touchdowns on just eight carries. Baker also ran in a two-point conversion, while the Rattlers (5-1, 1-0) dominated the action with 461 total yards of offense.

Baker had plenty of help. Solomon McGinty caught seven passes for 92 yards and a touchdown, while Howard Horn rushed for 95 yards on 10 carries.

Despite threatening skies and a strong, swirling wind, Navasota stuck to its quick-strike offense and ran it to perfection.

"A lot of people were worried about the weather tonight and if it would adjust our gameplan," Navasota head coach Lee Fedora said. "We are not going to adjust our offense. We are going to throw the football, and we are going to run the football. We are going to take what they are giving us."

Rockdale (3-3, 0-1), meanwhile, found the going tough. The Tigers entered the matchup second in the district in passing at 266 yards a game but managed just 22 yards on 3 of 13 passing. Overall, Rockdale finished with 119 yards, punting the ball five times and turning the ball over on downs three times.

Navasota led 26-0 at halftime and scored on its first two possessions. Baker capped a 10-play drive with a 1-yard run then punctuated a seven-play drive with a 13-yard TD pass to Austin Collins to give the Rattlers a 40-0 lead with 3:35 left in the third quarter.

Rockdale made a mini-rally as the third period expired.

Dailynn Ramesy returned the ensuing kickoff 94 yards to spoil the shutout. Navasota then muffed the next kickoff, and Rockdale put together a quick 37-yard drive capped by James David's 1-yard TD dive to cut the Ratthlers' lead to 40-14 with 8 seconds left in the third quarter.

Navasota needed less than a minute to answer Rockdale's comeback attempt.

Derek Byrd delivered a key block inside Rockdale's 10-yard line that helped Baker score on a 59-yard option keeper with 11:13 left in the fourth quarter. Byrd then carried the ball nine straight times on a 55-yard drive that he finished with a 5-yard TD run to cap the scoring.

Pudlugger
10-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Leps better put on their big boy pants next Friday you guys look awesome.