PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Formations

SHSBulldog00
10-03-2011, 10:13 PM
OK since their is an Offensive thread thought there should be a defensive thread to balance it out. Let's see you have the 4-3-4, 4-4-3, 3-4-4, 3-3-5, 5-2-4, 4-2-5 and the Celina Special 10-1:wave:

Did I miss any?

Necked
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Dont know if you missed any or not, but I was really curious about that lunatic coach that never punts. I read that one play he rushed all 11 players at the same time. I tried to find a video of it to see what formation you would try that with...no luck...

OLE'BULL
10-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Dont know if you missed any or not, but I was really curious about that lunatic coach that never punts. I read that one play he rushed all 11 players at the same time. I tried to find a video of it to see what formation you would try that with...no luck...

Here is the article:

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=892888

He also goes for the onside kick 75% of the time. It is interesting because he has supporting evidence to go along with his strategies. His idea of going for it on 4th down actually makes perfect sense. It opens up a whole new world of opportunity for the third down play. He doesnt HAVE to throw the ball on 3rd and long. I would never do any of this if I were a coach, maybe I dont have the guts. But its always fun to watch a creative coach...

pancho villa
10-04-2011, 10:17 AM
You forgot the 7 diamond and the famous Arkansas Stack Monster.

BwdLion73
10-04-2011, 11:08 AM
I remember last year when Sandifer (Wylie) came out with one man in the down position and 10 standing up in various spots. It really was not as dumb as it sounds....the look on Browns (quarterback) face was priceless when he looked over at Shipley on the sidelines. :crazy:

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I remember last year when Sandifer (Wylie) came out with one man in the down position and 10 standing up in various spots. It really was not as dumb as it sounds....the look on Browns (quarterback) face was priceless when he looked over at Shipley on the sidelines. :crazy: when green bay was playing this past Sunday, they lined up once defensively with all 11 players standing and moving around. Kinda interesting.

bobcat4life
10-04-2011, 08:39 PM
when green bay was playing this past Sunday, they lined up once defensively with all 11 players standing and moving around. Kinda interesting.
The Jets have done that a few times this year. Its not uncommon to see them line up with only 1 or 2 guys down