PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside QB ties a state record

MustangFootball
10-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Ingleside sophmore QB Tristen Barajas ties a state record friday night as he threw 8 TD's against Robstown, Tristen was pulled in the 4th quarter and had a good chance of breaking the record as back-up and also sophmore QB Jonathan Jasso came in and threw another QB pass.
congrats to Tristen on his big accomplishment!!!

99IHSMustang
10-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Ingleside sophmore QB Tristen Barajas ties a state record friday night as he threw 8 TD's against Robstown, Tristen was pulled in the 4th quarter and had a good chance of breaking the record as back-up and also sophmore QB Jonathan Jasso came in and threw another QB pass.

Wow... Congrats Tristen.

99IHSMustang
10-03-2011, 09:02 PM
And 456 yards to boot with those 8 TD's.

Emerson1
10-03-2011, 09:24 PM
I was actually going to be impressed, but it was a 74-6 blowout. If a QB from SLC did this everyone would be up in arms.

Weird this record was broken the same weekend as the yardage in a game. "Dylan Sheffield of Wichita Falls HS breaks Texas HS single-gm passing record, 683 yds on 35/50, 7 TDs in 53-49 win vs Denton" texashsfootball

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2011, 09:35 PM
I was actually going to be impressed, but it was a 74-6 blowout. If a QB from SLC did this everyone would be up in arms.

Weird this record was broken the same weekend as the yardage in a game. "Dylan Sheffield of Wichita Falls HS breaks Texas HS single-gm passing record, 683 yds on 35/50, 7 TDs in 53-49 win vs Denton" texashsfootball +1

It's robstown... And clearly padding his stats and had no business being in the game.

53-49 on the other hand sounds like a hell of a game.

Emerson1
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
+1

53-49 on the other hand sounds like a hell of a game.
+1

It does sound like a hell of a game.

99IHSMustang
10-03-2011, 10:02 PM
+1

It's robstown... And clearly padding his stats and had no business being in the game.

lol..... can't impress everyone. The QB did his job while he was in the game.

Phil C
10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
lol..... can't impress everyone. The QB did his job while he was in the game.

He did but how late was he in the game? If he got the tds in the first three quarters then that is different than if he was there with 5 minutes to go. Not being there I don't know.

truebluestang
10-04-2011, 10:18 AM
He did but how late was he in the game? If he got the tds in the first three quarters then that is different than if he was there with 5 minutes to go. Not being there I don't know.

I'm sure most records are set/broken against weak teams. It is still an awesome accomplishment. It has only happened 8 times in the history of Texas football- including all of the games against lesser opponents. There is a good article in the Victoria advocate about Refugio Head Coach Jason Herring who says that he learned his lesson last year by pulling all of his starters midway through the third quarter and that it actually hurt them in the playoffs because his players just didn't get the game time that they needed so he wasn't doing that this year. Ingleside called off the dogs against Zapata (57) at half and T-M (43) at half so if they choose to put numbers up against a weaker team , then so be it, but it does not take away from the fact that Tristen had to throw 8 TD passes- that is a difficult task. The defense doesn't just let you do that.

MUSTANG69
10-04-2011, 11:07 AM

He was pulled from the game after the 3rd quarter.

Phil C
10-04-2011, 01:23 PM
He was pulled from the game after the 3rd quarter.

In that case great sportsmanship by the Mustangs. You can't risk pulling your starters too soon in a blowout game because you invite rust. Ingleside would have been justified to have let him play a few minutes in the fourth quarter to get the record but they showed good sportsmanship as far as I am concerned.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Of course passing records are going to be broken! About 90% of teams in Texas are playing flag football.

Phil C
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Of course passing records are going to be broken! About 90% of teams in Texas are playing flag football.

That is right Tarpon! Of course NFL rules are protecting QBs more and more and they are taking advantage of it. This will probably trickle down to high school. At this rate soccer will eventually be more rougher than football! :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Not only QBs but WRs too. Case in point below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REt0IJpU2k4

SintonFan
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM

Congratulations! That's pretty cool! :clap: