PDA

View Full Version : my talk with president loftin...

trojandad
10-03-2011, 06:01 PM
i know this sounds crazy (and even my 10 yr old daughter saw him and asked "what is HE doing in walmart?) but my daughter and i were just walking thru walmart and, low and behold, heres president loftin saying "like your hat"...(g2 can tell you about my hat, i cant mass push them but he can...lol)...

he spent time talking to my daughter, asking her about her mom, and my daughter told him her of her branch of studies and grade point, and he invited her mom up, with us, to his office next week to meet her mom and shake her hand....kaitlin accepted for her mom....

i had time to ask him a couple of questions about going to the sec, he expressed that he got much more negative comments last year from alumni than this year, he said its been smooth sailing from big alumni this year after educating them on whats occurring....

he actually spent more time talking with my ten year old than me (i checked my breath quickly), trying to make sure she goes to mommas school rather than daddys school (smu)..i talked to him about coach metcalf recruiting me years ago by taking me bass fishing and i caught my first 5 lb bass with him...we talked for 5 min about coach metcalfs place outside of town back then....

so when we see him and take him a hat, im gonna take 3adl addy with me and invite him to post to fill in our posters with a&m's outlook from the honcho's own mouth....wish us luck....:)

LionFan72
10-03-2011, 06:45 PM
A national Scoop for TD, now that is pretty cool. Good story! And just for the record, you tell your 10 yr old daughter all the really pretty girls are now going to TCU!!!:)

OldNavy
10-03-2011, 07:07 PM
A national Scoop for TD, now that is pretty cool. Good story! And just for the record, you tell your 10 yr old daughter all the really pretty girls are now going to TCU!!!:)

Then she should have no competition at A&M!:cheerl:

OldBison75
10-03-2011, 08:35 PM
TD, my daughter is a current Aggie student and loves Dr. Loftin. He is an old Navasota High School grad and spoke at her high school scholarship banquet right after he was appointed. He has made it a point to keep in touch with her since she came to TAMU. He chats with her on facebook regularly and never forgets to wish her good luck or forgets her name. The man is a salesman educator. He knows how to sell his position on TAMU and when you talk to him, you quickly find that he is just a really cool guy, the kind you feel like you have known forever.

This move to the SEC will be his defining moment at TAMU. If this works, he will be there forever. I like the guy so I hope that it all turns out good in the long run.

trojandad
10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
TD, my daughter is a current Aggie student and loves Dr. Loftin. He is an old Navasota High School grad and spoke at her high school scholarship banquet right after he was appointed. He has made it a point to keep in touch with her since she came to TAMU. He chats with her on facebook regularly and never forgets to wish her good luck or forgets her name. The man is a salesman educator. He knows how to sell his position on TAMU and when you talk to him, you quickly find that he is just a really cool guy, the kind you feel like you have known forever.

This move to the SEC will be his defining moment at TAMU. If this works, he will be there forever. I like the guy so I hope that it all turns out good in the long run.

that was the exact personae i felt from him, he was very accomodating, gracious, and always wanting to inform and communicate...information wasnt something he felt was his to own, if i asked, he had no problem giving informative answers...

wouldnt it be great if we could get him to sign up on 3adl to give his perspective with all the rumors, both good and bad...??