PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn Game

steers2
10-03-2011, 02:35 PM
We are going to the game Oct. 15, never been before. Please give advice on parking, etc... If the game is a late game, we might stay the night, should we shuttle to stadium or try to drive to the stadium and park? Any kind of advice would be appreciated on what and what not to do. Thanks

DavidWooderson
10-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Unless you've got the hookup with some big wigs, parking is a b!tch. There are plenty of cash lots up and down MLK which becomes a nightmare especially after the game. My suggestion is to find out which gate you'll be going in so you know where the easiest place to park would be, you have a designated gate on your ticket and that's the only gate you can go in. Also if you'll be needing handicap access, I might be able to let you in on a little secret. My biggest suggestion is just give yourself plenty of time to get there, you're going to be doing a lot of walking really no matter what.

steers2
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Tickets say gate 25

DavidWooderson
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Okay that's in the NE corner of the stadium, so you're pretty much stuck unless you can find parking on the North side of the stadium (campus side).

If you are staying in Austin, I would check about a shuttle OR check on the Austin Bus schedule......or even a Taxi to take you and drop you off at the San Jacinto Blvd by the Santa Rita Oil Well.

ExScoop
10-03-2011, 08:29 PM
We had to park way down on San Jacinto Street about 5 blocks where they tail gate at and it's was a long walk to the stadium

DavidWooderson
10-03-2011, 09:17 PM
For about 4 years, I've gone with my uncle who has arthritis so he has a handicap placard. We found a little hidden place over by Jester Hall/Prather hall, kinda close or at least CLOSER than anything else there. We had a hard time getting there for a game last year, but they let us park there.

Old Tiger
10-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Dart

hookandladder
10-04-2011, 04:03 PM
We normally go up on Friday with our Motorhome and stay in the RV parking lot, I would suggest getting there at 8:00am on Saturday and park in the parking lot closest to the RV park. They have a free shuttle train from the RV parking lot that takes you straight to the ticket gate, just walk over to the RV area and hop the train. Plenty of partying in the RV lot, so check it out. It is great. If you look at the Texas Fair web site you will see a map that tells you where the RV parking is at, very little walking if at all.

steers2
10-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Any of you guys ever ate at double daves pizza?

Pendragon13
10-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Any of you guys ever ate at double daves pizza?We have one in Abilene..it's a buffet style thats a cut above Cici's...but not really great pizza.

NastySlot
10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
We have one in Abilene..it's a buffet style thats a cut above Cici's...but not really great pizza.

agree about the pizza...but the pepperoni rolls are usually good.

NastySlot
10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Any of you guys ever ate at double daves pizza?

if you eat there don't tell Wooderson.............DD has Aggie bloodlines and he hates anything associated with Aggies.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Check your PM

gobbla4life
10-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Check your PM
I've been many times , and unless you have a parking pass you will have to walk. I've parked off of San Jacinto, by DF Field, and by the Coop. It's not bad , if you don't mind walking. We enjoy the atmosphere, alot of times we will stop in at Shultz's and have a couple of cold ones. Never the less get their early , be loud , and stay late !! Hook'em Horns

KTJ
10-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I'll be there.

ou sucks.