Emerson1
10-03-2011, 11:10 AM
wow...

Txbroadcaster
10-03-2011, 11:43 AM
That looks fake

Emerson1
10-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Pretty good photoshop job then if it is.

Old Tiger
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
The Fightin' Chilean Aggies!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidWooderson
10-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I thought it looked fake too, but it's behind the barrier at the Death Star. I would comment further, but I don't want to get Nasty Slot into a tizzy and get his panties in a wad.

Buff42
10-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Probably here training to be a Commander in the Chilean Nuclear Submarine fleet.

Lion70
10-04-2011, 07:59 AM
fake attempt by an obvious troll kinda sad of you if you ask me!

Phil C
10-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Actually they are using the flag of Chilie and this was done in honor to the mine rescue efforts that made big news. So it is not the goof up that many thought. :)

trojandad
10-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Actually they are using the flag of Chilie and this was done in honor to the mine rescue efforts that made big news. So it is not the goof up that many thought. :)

good work, phil, my wife heard that guy who rescued the minors speak to engineering class, hes very pro a&m...

now the funniest part is the silence in those starting this thread with the turnaround of "who's dumb now?!?!?".....:clap:

Buff42
10-04-2011, 08:26 AM
What really cracks me up is that Old Tiger insulted everyone's intelligence by actually showing pictures of both flags. Any self respecting Texan knows what our flag looks like and that the Chilean flag is similar. It's kind of redundant. Like my Daddy always said "If I have to explain to you, it takes all the funny out of it."

I get that everyone loves to hate the Aggies (most of whom never went to college), but a little research can keep some egg off of one's face.

Heffelfinger
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Judge not lest ye be judged.

coach
10-04-2011, 09:02 AM

ouch...you know what they say about assuming old tiger...and you di just that way to go.

much respect to the aggies. very honorable

Emerson1
10-04-2011, 09:53 AM
OLD TIGER FAIL

This is actually funnier then the joke that could have happened.

and it didn't look photoshopped at all unless people were talking about the two big flags and the text lol

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
The pic was shown in ESPN's game recap pics..so it is real lol

buff4ever
10-04-2011, 10:42 AM
I believe in Old Tiger, he will come back and make it right. That will prove he is a better man than most of you think when he comes on here and admits he was wrong with an apology.:)

If he was man enough to do it, he prolly won't now.

oldtownag
10-04-2011, 11:10 AM
http://corps.tamu.edu/latest-news/former-cadet-major-factor-in-chilean-mine-rescue.html

Cadet put up the flag to honor his dad who was a former cadet and helped rescue miners on 1 year anniversary. Pretty funny though.

buff4ever
10-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I wonder, can you change the name of a existing thread? If so, that would be a good gesture by old tiger.

What am I talking about, Old Tiger won't even come back on here and admit he was wrong about the old aggies, we know better than to ask him to do anything of the such.

trojandad
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
listen, i for one appreciate the thread....i laugh every time i see it on the forum page....thanks, old tiger...

NastySlot
10-04-2011, 11:30 AM
"Texas A&M is a big tradition in our family," Hall said. "One of the things I learned in the Corps of Cadets is never quitting in life."

last line in the article................someone called Aggies a bunch of quitters in another post............here's one that not. Saved his life not being one I guess.

Old Tiger
10-04-2011, 12:42 PM
apologize for what? an aggie cover up to hide their stupidity?

I'm sure this is just the same as when the aggies boarded up the book store and tried to cover that up too.

Its not even the anniversary of the chilean mine incident....If they were doing it all season then yes

http://www.40acressports.com/images/aggiesrita.JPG

trojandad
10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
this gets better and better.....:taunt:

Old Tiger
10-04-2011, 12:51 PM
this gets better and better.....:taunt:

Lets honor the anniversary of the Chilean miners at our game against Arkansas October 1st

But the rescue happened October 13!

But we might not be on TV the weekend before or after!

Emerson1
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
You failed. As usual. Just give it up and go suck up to tony because people are making fun of you.

trojandad
10-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Lets honor the anniversary of the Chilean miners at our game against Arkansas October 1st

But the rescue happened October 13!

But we might not be on TV the weekend before or after!

leave me out of the chilean fuss, im having the best time otherwise.....lol

Phil C
10-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I didn't make the correction to make fun of Old Tiger but I felt like the background information should be told. Besides there were pleanty of others that were misled by the picture. Best to let this go away and move on. High school soccer news anyone?

Rabid Cougar
10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Was the roof of the Death Star open? If not, why are they wearing covers indoors? Half of them are wrong either way.

Buff42
10-04-2011, 10:19 PM
apologize for what? an aggie cover up to hide their stupidity?

I'm sure this is just the same as when the aggies boarded up the book store and tried to cover that up too.

Its not even the anniversary of the chilean mine incident....If they were doing it all season then yes

http://www.40acressports.com/images/aggiesrita.JPG

That's funny as hell. Especially since, as a rabid Aggie former student (Class of '88 Whoooop), I'm not smart enough to post pictures on here. AND, if I was, I would have trouble picking between two guys making out in front of Dobie Mall or the chick with pink hair and a tackle box mounted on her face riding her skateboard to class with a "Coexist" bumper sticker on her backpack. I guess you're lucky in that way.

DavidWooderson
10-04-2011, 11:11 PM
This is from a few years ago....this hurricane pic. I was told by an Aggie Alum and I quote......"They did that because if the hurricane comes through, it will only shatter the glass and nothing will come into the store" When I asked, "I thought putting the boards on the outside of the glass would also make sure the glass doesn't break, right?" and she never had an answer for that.

Old Tiger
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM
That's funny as hell. Especially since, as a rabid Aggie former student (Class of '88 Whoooop), I'm not smart enough to post pictures on here. AND, if I was, I would have trouble picking between two guys making out in front of Dobie Mall or the chick with pink hair and a tackle box mounted on her face riding her skateboard to class with a "Coexist" bumper sticker on her backpack. I guess you're lucky in that way.that just proves you are a close minded idiot

Emerson1
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM
that just proves you are a close minded idiot
I am back on your side.

No way aggies are honoring Chili because we all know if they aren't white farmers then they aren't really accepted as party of the aggie family.

trojandad
10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I am back on your side.

No way aggies are honoring Chili because we all know if they aren't white farmers then they aren't really accepted as party of the aggie family.

yea, your right, loftin put out all those memos having the students meet and hear the guy that rescued the miners, an aggie, where ever he spoke on campus...wasnt accepted at all....dumb hillbilly.....somebody please close this stupid thread....

trojandad
10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
you know, over the years nobody has ripped the aggies more than me...i went to smu and threw fag jokes at the yell leaders every game i played against them, so i get ragging the aggies....but geez louise....you gotta rip them in a way that has at least 1% sanity....